PDA

View Full Version : Those Were the Days for Packers Tickets

oregonpackfan
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
At a family gathering in Montana this past weekend, my sister gave me an old picture.

The photo taken by my Dad, shows a picture of me and my Grandfather at a Packers-Vikings game in the old Met Stadium in Minneapolis in 1960. That was an outdoor stadium which served both the Twins and the Vikings.

The amazing thing about the picture was it showing the 50 yard marker in the background with my Grandpa and me sitting in the 4th row from the field!
:shock:

Every year, my Dad, Grandpa and myself would travel to the Met Stadium to watch the Packers play the Vikings. Since Rice Lake was considerably closer to the Twin Cities instead of Green Bay, it was a shorter trip. More importantly, it was far easier to get good tickets in Minneapolis because the Minnesota fans did not support their team nearly as much as Wisconsin supported the Packers.

I was always grateful my Dad and Grandpa honored my request to arrive very early so that we could watch the Packers warm up before the game.

Yup, those were the days...

MadtownPacker
05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
More importantly, it was far easier to get good tickets in Minneapolis because the Minnesota fans did not support their team nearly as much as Wisconsin supported the Packers.It's good to know that no matter how much things change some thing still stay the same.

(Waiting for Rastak comment)

Nice story though man. What did the tickets cost? $5?

CaliforniaCheez
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I thought the the Viklings started playing in 1961...

oregonpackfan
05-20-2008, 10:56 AM

I stand corrected, California! The year must have been '61 or '62. Looking on the back of the picture, it has no date. Good catch!

Freak Out
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM

I stand corrected, California! The year must have been '61 or '62. Looking on the back of the picture, it has no date. Good catch!

You have to cut the older Rats a little slack Cheez......memories start to get a little foggy past a certain age. :)

Nice story though OPF......nothing like hanging out with Dad and Grandpa watching the game.

theeaterofshades
05-22-2008, 06:31 PM

And here I thought the Vikings have never started playing football :twisted:

Badgerinmaine
05-23-2008, 08:07 AM

And here I thought the Vikings have never started playing football :twisted: :lol: :lol: :rs: