PDA

View Full Version : Protien fuel

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Is that stuff they sell in those big plastic jugs good for you or does it just shrink your nads. I'm willing to accept a shrinking of the nads as long as the stuff is good for me, but not just a shrinking of the nads alone. Is twoseven still around? He'd know.

I eat carnation instant breakfast and I figure this must be like that but with more healthy stuff in it and less sugar. I'm assuming you make shakes or something with the stuff, right? You don't just snort the shit.

MadtownPacker
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Just take some roids or GHB and get it over with you hack.

Partial
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
What are you looking to accomplish? When are you planning on taking it? What is your exercise routine?

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
What are you looking to accomplish? When are you planning on taking it? What is your exercise routine?

Partial, no offense man, but after that thread with twoseven, I'm not really trusting your health advice.

But since you asked, I'm looking to accomplish eating more protein because people say protein is good. I plan on taking it when I eat it. I have two jiu jutsu sessions a week, will be adding two kickboxing sessions next month, and I run and lift when it suits me - once or twice a week.

I just want to know what the shit does and if it tastes like poop.

Zool
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
If you're talking about the weight gainer stuff, its mostly fluff weight from what I've heard. 27 will be able to answer more specifically. Just eat more lean meat and less carbs to rebuild muscle from workouts.

Charles Woodson
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Partial, no offense man, but after that thread with twoseven, I'm not really trusting your health advice.

But since you asked, I'm looking to accomplish eating more protein because people say protein is good. I plan on taking it when I eat it. I have two jiu jutsu sessions a week, will be adding two kickboxing sessions next month, and I run and lift when it suits me - once or twice a week.

I use something called Whey protein powder, which is something that i mix in after i work out with sometype of shake. its got 24G's of protein per scoop and if you mix it in with milk, a banana, maybe some peanut butter and whatever else you like, it makes it good, the only flavor i have tried is double chocloate. But like i said i usally just take it after i have worked out.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Chocolate-5-15-Pound/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1211299148&sr=8-1

Partial
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Whey is pretty awful with water, tastes decent with Milk depending on the brand of protein you get. I would get a meal replacement shake instead as they typically taste better.

Back when I used to take whey daily for breakfast, I'd go with a chocolate powder, a banana, some skim milk and some strawberry yogurt. It was a pretty tasty and filling breafkast.

MadtownPacker
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
The ones I have tried have a chalky texture and tasted like shit but that was years ago.

If you need protein maybe Nutz can fill your belly up with his....

GoPackGo
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM

I was eating/drinking a carnation instant breakfast when I read your thread! I never noticed that each packet has 20g of sugar.
I've made protein shakes in the past. I don't know how much they will do for you unless your diet is really strict. I can confirm they taste like shit though.

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I use something called Whey protein powder, which is something that i mix in after i work out with sometype of shake. its got 24G's of protein per scoop and if you mix it in with milk, a banana, maybe some peanut butter and whatever else you like, it makes it good, the only flavor i have tried is double chocloate. But like i said i usally just take it after i have worked out.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Chocolate-5-15-Pound/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1211299148&sr=8-1

Are you fat? I don't want something that just makes me fatter.

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
The ones I have tried have a chalky texture and tasted like shit but that was years ago.

What the fuck were you taking protein for? Don't tell me your lawnmower was that hard to push.

GoPackGo
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM

What the fuck were you taking protein for? Don't tell me your lawnmower was that hard to push.

yeah but those toilets are hard to scrub

MadtownPacker
05-20-2008, 11:09 AM

What the fuck were you taking protein for? Don't tell me your lawnmower was that hard to push.This was back in the days when I was yoked and gave a damn about my physical self. You bitches wouldn't have liked me even less then.

Charles Woodson
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM

No, hell skin im only 16, i think that the only way it would make you fatter is if thats all you just drank that stuff? but i do know that if you work out and you drink it after it helps your muscles grow. I guess

Freak Out
05-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Back in the day when I was lifting all the time I used powdered egg protein and it did the trick....now I just eat lots of fruits and veggies mixed with fish, lean meats and such and I mix in a mineral/vitamin supplement with zinc once in awhile. There are so many different protein powders out there now who knows what the fuck is going on. Most of its probably crap. Why do you want to up your protein again? The regular diet is lacking?

Deputy Nutz
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM
I never took any of the protien powder mix. I just ate like 5000 calories a day. 4 or 5 chicken breast a day, lots of ham sammies. Lots of water, gallon a day, I did it because all I did was go to class, workout, and eat.

Only problem is that it expands your stomach, so after you stop working out like crazy, you never feel full.

But Soy protein, whey protein are all good options. Just stay away from the stuff that has a lot of sugar. Thats the best advice. You aren't going to be lifting to build extreme muscle mass so you don't need to go overboard with the stuff.

I would guess, you are looking to build lean muscle mass, so again drink a shit load of water, this does as much to help recover muscles as any protien shake. Water hydrates the muscles, very important.

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I would guess, you are looking to build lean muscle mass, so again drink a shit load of water, this does as much to help recover muscles as any protien shake. Water hydrates the muscles, very important.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that wine and vodka do not hydrate your muscles?

Deputy Nutz
05-20-2008, 12:08 PM

I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that wine and vodka do not hydrate your muscles?

they can make a decent marinade though.

Partial
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM

Fat is 100% dependent on calorie intake...

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 02:04 PM

So as long as I only eat 1500 calories of pure transfat every day and maintain activity, I should be leaner than Al Harris is what you're saying...

Partial
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM

So as long as I only eat 1500 calories of pure transfat every day and maintain activity, I should be leaner than Al Harris is what you're saying...

You'll wilt away...

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM

You'll wilt away...

A kid that eats 2000 calories of fruit and vegetables is going to weigh exactly the same and carry the same body fat as the kid's clone who eats 2000 calories of lard and butter with high fructose corn syrup on top?

Partial
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM

You'll wilt away...

A kid that eats 2000 calories of fruit and vegetables is going to weigh exactly the same and carry the same body fat as the kid's clone who eats 2000 calories of lard and butter with high fructose corn syrup on top?

I didn't say that, but its very possible they could weigh the same and have vastly different body compositions, etc.

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 02:51 PM

You'll wilt away...

I didn't say that, but its very possible they could weigh the same and have vastly different body compositions, etc.

But fat is 100% dependent on calorie intake so they won't weight the same, they'll just have the same amount of fat, down to the ounce, right?

You're starting to make me worry about the new "eat nothing but tasty fat" diet I just set up.

Partial
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM

You'll wilt away...

But fat is 100% dependent on calorie intake so they won't weight the same, they'll just have the same amount of fat, down to the ounce, right?

You're starting to make me worry about the new "eat nothing but tasty fat" diet I just set up.

Dude, WTF are you talking about. You're a god damn idiot.

SkinBasket
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Partial
05-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Fine, bodyweight...

I was referring to the question of you asking that dude if he's fat. I said fat, implying being overweight, oh fuck it, its just not worth justifying my answers to you. I'd recommend going with my breakfast if you're going for a morning treat, or go with a dextrose and whey workout cocktail during the exercise.

hoosier
05-21-2008, 07:37 AM

Fine, bodyweight...

I was referring to the question of you asking that dude if he's fat. I said fat, implying being overweight, oh fuck it, its just not worth justifying my answers to you. I'd recommend going with my breakfast if you're going for a morning treat, or go with a dextrose and whey workout cocktail during the exercise.

But haven't you confessed to being more than a few pounds overweight? Why would someone want to emulate your diet? :P

Little Whiskey
05-21-2008, 04:30 PM
i sub rye for whey......it doesn't make me any stronger, but now I am a joy in the office!

packers11
05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
ok ok ok... the question posted... does the "Shit" in the jugs make you fat/shrink your nad...

If you get 100% whey protein, with no additives (creatine, glutamine) then you will NOT get fat if you are taking it right after your workout... AND IT WILL DEFINALTY NOT SHRINK YOUR NADS... (your thinking about roids)

100% whey protein defiantly helped me on my workout / results...

A prime example : myself...

I take it every time I finish my workout ...

Results : 1 year ago : 145 lbs. Year to date : 175 lbs
: bench 115 Year to date : 305
: curls 40 Year to date : 110
: shoulder press (dumbbells) 40 lb Year to date : 75

I could go on and on about how everything has increased, and i'm pretty convinced this had something to do with it... Although I am still growing (was 18 when I started to work out, 19 currently), taking something such as protein will help you increase your strength and make you leaner...

Just don't overdue it... Do everything in moderation...

Partial
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
ok ok ok... the question posted... does the "Shit" in the jugs make you fat/shrink your nad...

If you get 100% whey protein, with no additives (creatine, glutamine) then you will NOT get fat if you are taking it right after your workout... AND IT WILL DEFINALTY NOT SHRINK YOUR NADS... (your thinking about roids)

100% whey protein defiantly helped me on my workout / results...

A prime example : myself...

I take it every time I finish my workout ...

Results : 1 year ago : 145 lbs. Year to date : 175 lbs
: bench 115 Year to date : 305
: curls 40 Year to date : 110
: shoulder press (dumbbells) 40 lb Year to date : 75

I could go on and on about how everything has increased, and i'm pretty convinced this had something to do with it... Although I am still growing (was 18 when I started to work out, 19 currently), taking something such as protein will help you increase your strength and make you leaner...

Just don't overdue it... Do everything in moderation...

Well, that is also the product of working out a lot. I agree, if you're maintaining a lean body and add a scoop of whey, you probably won't change much in fat if any.

However, if bulking up means pounding 10 cheese burgers a day, its likely you will. It all comes down to calories in versus calories out.