PDA

View Full Version : Went To GreenBay yesterday

Chubbyhubby
06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
My wife and I went to GreenBay on Saturday June 3rd. It was awesome. Being in IL and a lifelong Packerfan it was very nice to spend some time in GreenBay!

chain_gang
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Cool Chubby, what did you do on your day up here?

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2006, 06:51 PM
First time in Green Bay?

I love driving around the neighborhoods and just seeing/feeling the Packer influence. Especially in the Fall. Especially on game day.

Rastak
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
First time in Green Bay?

I love driving around the neighborhoods and just seeing/feeling the Packer influence. Especially in the Fall. Especially on game day.

Harvey, you seem to have a deep and abiding love for the Packers....how did that come about? Was your dad a huge Packer fan? I was a pretty big Sixers fan in the 80's (and still am to an extent) but that was only because my local communty didn't have a basketball team. I grew up where my father was a huge fan and so was everyone else within 5 square miles so it was easy. Just curious..........

GBRulz
06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Kind of a slow weekend to be here, but the weather was awesome anyhow. I'm in Chicago next Fri/Sat for Blues Fest and then over to Alpine valley Sat night for a Jimmy Buffett concert. I hope the weather cooperates!!

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
My Dad's Dad was a Packers fan back in the 50s. This was before the Vikings, so the Packers were the closest team to North Dakota back then. My Grandfather passed it down to my Dad and his brother. They went through good times in the 60s. My Grandfather ended up dying before I was born back in the mid 60s. My Dad passed it down to me. I think I grew an intense dislike for the Vikings because many of my Mom's brothers and sisters moved to the Twin Cities, and their kids (my cousins) ended up being Vikings fans. They were the belligerent type too. Growing up, the Packers were pretty bad in the late 70s and most of the 80s, and I never heard the end of it as a kid.

Another interesting thing about the family's rooting interests is that my Dad and his brother were both big Milwaukee Braves fans growing up also. When the Braves moved, my uncle ended up rooting for the Atlanta Braves and my Dad pretty much stopped watching baseball. I ended up becoming a Brewers fan. Harvey's Wallbangers were good, and my uncle and Dad would tell me about how good those Milwaukee Braves teams with Aaron, Spahn, Matthews were. It kind of drew me to the Brewers, and it was easy to root for Young, Molitor, Oglivie, Cooper, and company.

Chubbyhubby
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Kind of a slow weekend to be here, but the weather was awesome anyhow. I'm in Chicago next Fri/Sat for Blues Fest and then over to Alpine valley Sat night for a Jimmy Buffett concert. I hope the weather cooperates!!

Thats cool! We stayed at Towers Motel just off the expressway. We rode around town it was an awesome day weather wise! Came up there when I was 9 with my dad and got several autographs. Including David Whitehurst the former QB.

GBRulz
06-04-2006, 10:44 PM
too bad you aren't here tomorrow, Chubby....lots of autograph opportunities after they leave the locker room.

Not many attend these OTA's and very few stick around to wait for them to leave the locker room..., so more players are willing to sign for the dozen or so autograph seekers hanging around later.