PDA

View Full Version : The Final Countdown....will Brett return???

GrnBay007
03-27-2006, 11:07 AM
The Final Countdown....will Brett return??? Vote and discuss....

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I think he'll be back but with the annual production this has become, I don't see him committing anything beyond this year. At least I hope he gives them an indication so we don't have to do this next year too.

Pack0514
03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
My gut says he will be back...... anyone taking this long to decide must not want to hang it up. Beyond this year.... who knows.

I just hope he comes back near "football" shape.

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Maybe he should have been using a push mower.

Pack0514
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM
That was actually pretty funny!

Scott Campbell
03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Not only do I want him back, I'd also like a plausible explanation for why he took so long to make up his damned mind.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
this team is looking pretty ragged. I think Favre is faced with two bad choices: go through another losing season, retire. ( I haven't given up on the pack fielding a winning team, but from where we are sitting right now, they are back of line in NFC North.)

It is only 50-50 that Favre will return.

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know man. Detroit did lose Harrington after all. :wink:

She's right. Winky doesn't wink!

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
He is coming back and I hope TT announces it in the beginning of the 2nd round of the draft after he uses the 2nd #2 he got when he trade down the #1 and still got Super Hawk. That will really piss everyone hating off.

Bretsky
03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
He is coming back and I hope TT announces it in the beginning of the 2nd round of the draft after he uses the 2nd #2 he got when he trade down the #1 and still got Super Hawk. That will really piss everyone hating off.

Trade down a couple spots and get Hawk ? I'd absolutely love that.

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM

Trade down a couple spots and get Hawk ? I'd absolutely love that.

Since SM will be gone this would be the ideal situation for TT. The Niners are probably the only reason Super Hawk could be gone right? Maybe I kidnap Alex Smith and they will draft a QB instead?

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 07:14 AM
You don't have to kidnap him. A simple broken leg would do the trick.

GrnBay007
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
From Ben Maller rumors:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy seemed pretty confident that the Brett Favre situation would be settled soon. The Packers want Favre to make a decision by Saturday and it's widely thought - both inside and outside the organization - that if he were going to retire he would have done it by now, and that it is more likely that he will return. McCarthy said he expected to know something soon. "I hope I'm not answering this question much longer," he said.

Also in an article from jso, TT admitted that last year he knew Favre's decision awhile before it was announced publicly at the request of Favre. Then he added that he does NOT know the answer yet this year.

LEWCWA
04-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Hawk will not be a Packer

RashanGary
04-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Vernon Davis = Favre plays.

RashanGary
04-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Vernon Davis = Bigger, Faster, Stronger T.O.

Scott Campbell
04-01-2006, 08:20 AM
From Ben Maller rumors:

The Packers want Favre to make a decision by Saturday ..............

It's Saturday. This is getting old. I never thought Brett would piss me off.

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
But there have been reports all week that there was no such deadline.

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 10:08 AM
our local paper interviewed several people from the area and many are getting tired of this. I agree to a point as I think the Packers should require a decision prior to the draft. Losing Nall really changed the sense of urgency on this IMO. No Nall and if favre doesn't return, you know we'll grab a QB with the 1st round pick. Hell, TT might choose a QB even if Favre does say he's coming back, so who the hell knows.

I remain optimistic that he will return, because if he truly didn't want to come back, he would have said so already.

Fosco33
04-01-2006, 10:41 AM
ESPN reported today that the deadline has been pushed to 4/15. So, there will be a few more weeks to debate this issue.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
You guys just dont get it do you?? That "deadline" is gonna moved back again and agin until it is draft day and all the "fans" officially hate Favre and TT for letting him take his time. Then Polar Bear is agonna parlay that #5 into the future of the Green Bay Packers!! Im already laughing at how obvious it is yet you guys dont see it.

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 03:08 PM
That's definitely one of the "theories" being thrown around out there.

This little tidbit from Ben Maller's rumors might support this theory:

"There is growing sentiment among some NFL officials and observers that Green Bay could wind up taking one of the Big Three QBs available in this year's draft: Matt Leinart of Southern Cal, Vince Young of Texas and Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt. The scuttlebutt is both Packers GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy passed on attending the individual workout of North Carolina defensive end Mario Williams, whom some have compared favorably to the late, great Reggie White and whom some draft gurus have predicted will be the Packers' first pick."

Posted April 1, by Ben Maller

K-town
04-01-2006, 03:38 PM
:mad:
Patience is a virtue I don't posess. I don't want yet another QB who MIGHT help us 2 years from now. I want to win NOW. I also want to shut up the Bears fans I work with NOW (and in the immortal words of Sterling Sharpe, "It's all about me.").
Please. Mario, Hawk, DaBrick or Davis. IMPACT PLAYERS NOW!

digitaldean
04-01-2006, 03:44 PM
:mad:
Patience is a virtue I don't posess. I don't want yet another QB who MIGHT help us 2 years from now. I want to win NOW. I also want to shut up the FIBs fans I work with NOW (and in the immortal words of Sterling Sharpe, "It's all about me.").
Please. Mario, Hawk, DaBrick or Davis. IMPACT PLAYERS NOW!

Amen, brother!!! :smile:
(my order of preference: Mario, Hawk, Davis)

packinator
04-01-2006, 03:58 PM
New to the forum folks. Love what I see so far!!

BF will be back for at least 2 years. Here is why. I think he is still hungry despite all the "I don't know if I want the ball" talk. His fire and competitive attitude does not go away. It may have been dormant after 4-12, but the close to training camp we get, the more the coals will be stoked.

Also, I think he has faith in TT and MM. This is why I believe he will be back for more then 1 season. It will take longer then that to right this ship. If Brett has to put up with an 8-8 season to get to another Super Bowl run, I think he makes that commitment.

GrnBay007
04-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Packinator!

I agree. No way a guy like him can go out on a 4-12 season. 2 more? ...Great, more chances to go to Lambeau to watch him play.