PDA

View Full Version : National Media Agreeing with Chewy......

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 03:49 PM
So far Jim Rome and Dan Patrick both agree that Favre being a me first player.

I know people on these forums are either too emotionally attatched to realize that their hero or in some cases fantasy lover is not a good team player. Favres comments and actions are putting pressure from media and from a roster standpoint on the team.

"I'm" going to wait untill I see what they do.
What are they going to do; cut "me"?
"I" know I can still play at a high level
"My" legacy will speak for itself
"I've" always played this way. "I'm not going to change the way "I" play.

Everything that comes out of Bretts mouth lately is "me" related. He believes that he is bigger than the team and he has no intention of playing to help the team win. He wants the team to strategize to help him win. Giving Favre weapons at costs that are higher than what Thompson believes is value for a player has negative effects on the future of the team and Favre is not concerned with the health of the organization. He is only concerned with his own ego.

Chewy should have kept his words to himself just like Childress but he is right on. Favre is a "me" first player and IMHO should be cut. I just don't see how bringing back a player who throws INT's and then says "I will not change the way I play the game" Who calls out players through the media instead of face to face. Who calls out the organization through the media instead of face to face. Favre's EGO is so big that he's unable to see how ignorant his words and actions really are. People here are so emotionally attached they are unable to see what a dip shit favre is being. Just like Giants fans in SF and their undying love for Barry Bonds; Packer fans have the most non-objective views becasue of their emotional attachments.

Let the insults fly from Favres legion of big brothers, mothers and sexual fantasizers. I'm sure most here don't want to accept their beloved "Lord Favre" has become a "me first", ego driven player. Thats my take.

gureski
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
So far Jim Rome and Dan Patrick both agree that Favre being a me first player.

I know people on these forums are either too emotionally attatched to realize that their hero or in some cases fantasy lover is not a good team player. Favres comments and actions are putting pressure from media and from a roster standpoint on the team.

Everything that comes out of Bretts mouth lately is "me" related. He believes that he is bigger than the team and he has no intention of playing to help the team win. He wants the team to strategize to help him win. Giving Favre weapons at costs that are higher than what Thompson believes is value for a player has negative effects on the future of the team and Favre is not concerned with the health of the organization. He is only concerned with his own ego.

Chewy should have kept his words to himself just like Childress but he is right on. Favre is a "me" first player and IMHO should be cut. I just don't see how bringing back a player who throws INT's and then says "I will not change the way I play the game" Who calls out players through the media instead of face to face. Who calls out the organization through the media instead of face to face. Favre's EGO is so big that he's unable to see how ignorant his words and actions really are. People here are so emotionally attached they are unable to see what a dip shit favre is being. Just like Giants fans in SF and their undying love for Barry Bonds; Packer fans have the most non-objective views becasue of their emotional attachments.

Let the insults fly from Favres legion of big brothers, mothers and sexual fantasizers. I'm sure most here don't want to accept their beloved "Lord Favre" has become a "me first", ego driven player. Thats my take.

This is assenine. If I ask you what you think about something or what you'll be doing this week then you tell me how you're going to answer that question without using "I" in the answer.

Favre's been bombarded with questions in which the answers have the word "I" in it because the question is about him!

As for Patrick and Rome....why do you think they're even talking about it? Why are they taking that stance? It's called ratings and it's a frequently used tactic on talk shows to take outrageous stances in order to get callers to call in. Rome has built his life on this.

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Kampman was asked aobut his off season and he said "This is the most turnout "we've" had at on off season workout program. McCarthy "We're trying to get the foundation laid for a successfull season" "We're istalling the offense that will be used in Septmber now" "WE WE WE WE"

Favre = I"m here in mississippi waiting on what "they do"
Favre = I'm not going to change the way "I" play

McCarthy "We're going to play focused basic football." "We're going to prevent turnovers"

He doesn't say "you" and "I/Me" He says "we" just like the other members of the team. Favre is a me first player.

AtownPackFan
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM

How else do you respond to any question that requires you to give your personal opinion on anything?

This is not a "me first" comment unless you (the reader/listener) want it to be. He is simply stating that he knows it is a possible outcome. He has said it before that he realizes there may come a time that he is not part of the plan.

As does TT, MM, and anyone who paid any attention to last season's results and are not simply looking at a single statistic on a stat sheet.

As will Marino's, Manning's (both of'em), and even Couch's. Simply stating it is not a "me first" position.

Sometimes honesty is not going to help you any. But seriously, the saying goes "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
"Lord Favre" has done no wrong.

I could care less to tell you the truth. I get a kick out of how emotional fans are at these forums.

woodbuck27
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Now Nick,LOL.

Your criticizing Brett Favre for using proper English.

Your Nick Collins and YOUR really down on Brett Favre so YOU must be right, because that is what YOU think.

No Mo Moss
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
NFL RADIO is really laying into favre today as well. I don't completely disagree with one point they made.

"I watched you throw 5 INT against the Bengals last year, how about instead of just asking if the team is going to get better, make a committment to get better yourself."

That being said a lot of these same people giving the organization hell are complete hypocrits. They are dishing it out because we didn't go get brees, but most of these same people aren't giving the packers a chance in hell no matter who is back there so I don't see what the big deal is.

It must just be Favre day on the national radio circuit.

FavreChild
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM

It's not like there's anything else to talk about - NCAA national championship game, MLB opening day, NBA Hall of Fame class announced....

Fine journalism, indeed.

No Mo Moss
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM

It's not like there's anything else to talk about - NCAA national championship game, MLB opening day, NBA Hall of Fame class announced....

Fine journalism, indeed.

Absolutely. Plus if Favre was the washed up has been everyone is painting him to be then no one would care and they would hardly mention it. Clearly that isn't the case.

Kiwon
04-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm sure Favre's feelings are hurt. His GM, HC, teammates, and most fans want him back as QB, but he is criticized by some radio hosts. I'm sure he's crushed.

15 years of accolades, 15 years of getting ripped, he doesn't even hear this nonsense anymore. He makes decisions for himself and that's what bugs people.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Do they get Milwaukee radio in Kiln?

Kiwon
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Actually, he lives in Hattiesburg, but your point is well taken.

Homer Jay
04-03-2006, 07:15 PM
It's kinda funny Nick, anybody that disagrees with you is either a brother, a mother or a fantasizer. Maybe we just don't agree with your opinion. When the Packer brass say it is time for a decision then I'll say its time to decide. Until then, I'm just gonna relax and see what happens.

GBRulz
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
LOL - I love how Jim Rome and Dan Patrick are the national media.

GrnBay007
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM

Seriously......what's the big deal? Everything he said was true!!! Would you be happier if he was spoutin a bunch of lies??

Kiwon
04-03-2006, 07:30 PM

Seriously......what's the big deal? Everything he said was true!!! Would you be happier if he was spoutin a bunch of lies??

Bingo.

b bulldog
04-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Go away Brett, please!

GrnBay007
04-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Go away Brett, please!

Where's your avatar bulldog? Oh yeah, that's right......we haven't found a sexy pic of Tom Brady yet!!!!! :wink:

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
irrational homers :smile:

All the other players who care about being the best they can are working with the new coach ot learn the scheme and work on their bodies. If Favre is not willing to work with the coaches like last season there is no wonder he tosses 29 INT's.

Favre is hurting the team and it is nobody's fault but his own taht he doesn't udnerstand the game as well as other HOF QB's in their prime. Favre has not given his all and I really hope he retires at this point because I believe he is a cancer. The only things he's been involved in football related over the last year have been hurtfull to the team. Time to hang them up IMHO. Either that or shut up, work hard and take a pay cut because he's not an elite player

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I ecco that sentiment bulldog.....

RashanGary
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Damn...Why can't the hacker come back and put post the dirty on Big Mert and her band of merry snow pigs.

GrnBay007
04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
We're open to all opinions here.....lol Just as long as you come back and say OOOOOOPS, SORRRRRRRY BRETT, (& SORRRY HOMERS) when he gets MVP 2006!! :D

GrnBay007
04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Damn...Why can't the hacker come back and put post the dirty on Big Mert and her band of merry snow pigs.

What does that mean NC?

MadtownPacker
04-03-2006, 09:40 PM

There is no censorship on this website but there will be NO posting of personal info PERIOD!! If you think that is acceptable then maybe you have a secret to share? How would you feel if it was revealed?

Your opinions are always welcome and you are a good poster but when you say things like that it shows that you still need to grow up.

GBRulz
04-03-2006, 09:52 PM

I have no clue what prompted this little comment of yours, but mr Mak, I am totally sick and tired of your attitude. Aside from your degradation of women, you constantly put down anyone that doesn't agree with you. Sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you, Mr. Mak....

Is it split personalities? Is it bi-polar? Do you have a medical condition? What's your fricken problem?

imscott72
04-03-2006, 10:33 PM

I have no clue what prompted this little comment of yours, but mr Mak, I am totally sick and tired of your attitude. Aside from your degradation of women, you constantly put down anyone that doesn't agree with you. Sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you, Mr. Mak....

Is it split personalities? Is it bi-polar? Do you have a medical condition? What's your fricken problem?

I agree. Nick you need to calm down. There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion, but think about what your typing before you type it. Obviously the people are sensitive to the subject of hackers, so don't go there. Calling Brett a cancer on the team is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

esoxx
04-03-2006, 11:25 PM
This thread blows.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
This thread blows.

Hey, that's Scott's line.
:D

esoxx
04-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Someone had to say it. :mrgreen:

Anti-Polar Bear
04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
This thread blows.

Hey, that's Scott's line.
:D

Which Scott? imscott or Scott Cambell. I'm think Campbell said that line before but i dont really know,

:?:

Rastak
04-04-2006, 07:02 AM

If he was first and foremost commited to the Packers he would say "we" a little more often. I'm not ripping the guy, he has a right to say whatever he wants but he sounds a whole lot more like a free agent than someone currently under contract for the team. Minnesota recently had a guy just like that. (You guys will rip me for this one) but the Vikings tried to speak to Culpepper about what they were doing and all he could say was "me me me". Look, this is just my personal opinion on this but if he wanted to play this year he should have just told them in Feb and if he doesn't have the fire then he should have just told them he was quitting. Profootballtalk has all kinds of wild speculation and I suppose some of that is possible (it would explain some of this) but who knows. Maybe he really doesn't get along with Thompson and wants to be cut....it's a helluva a soap opera in Green Bay at any rate. As a Viking fan, I know ALL about those.

MadtownPacker
04-04-2006, 07:21 AM
but he sounds a whole lot more like a free agent than someone currently under contract for the team. Minnesota recently had a guy just like that.

Very big difference, that guy you had wanted more $$$$ for "me me me". Favre wants a better team for "me me me". Sure sounds like he is talking about the team improving not his bank account.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Which Scott? imscott or Scott Cambell. I'm think Campbell said that line before but i dont really know,

Campbell

Chester Marcol
04-04-2006, 08:51 AM
M3 also a selfish bastard? Let's read a snippet from the JSOnline article "Coach has plan to help Favre"

McCarthy said he is prepared to move on if Favre retires, but he really wants a shot at coaching him again, in part, because he’s confident he can relieve some of the pressure — real or self-inflicted — that seems to lead to Favre’s poor decision-making. His plan is to install a West Coast-style of offense that more resembles Holmgren’s philosophies than those of coach Mike Sherman and his offensive coordinator, Tom Rossley.

McCarthy refused to criticize the way Favre was handled by the previous coaching staff and didn’t say he thought his system was better. But he said his belief is that reverting to an offense that relies heavily on the running game, throws often to the backs and uses big receivers running slants and shallow crossing patterns will best fit Favre’s talents.

Sounds like M3 and Favre were made for each other. A couple bastards full of them selves. Sickening.

Rastak
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
but he sounds a whole lot more like a free agent than someone currently under contract for the team. Minnesota recently had a guy just like that.

Very big difference, that guy you had wanted more $$$$ for "me me me". Favre wants a better team for "me me me". Sure sounds like he is talking about the team improving not his bank account.

True, true....it is similar in some ways but you are 100% correct. It was about cash and the wife being pissed with Culpepper.

MadtownPacker
04-04-2006, 09:11 AM
True, true....it is similar in some ways but you are 100% correct. It was about cash and the wife being pissed with Culpepper.

His wfie was pissed? Never read about that. The boat thing right? Or she didnt like MN?

Rastak
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM

His wfie was pissed? Never read about that. The boat thing right? Or she didnt like MN?

I think she liked Minnesota until the boat thing happened then she most likely pulled him back to Florida by the ear and said you are NOT going back there.....

Not that there's fewer boat parties in Florida...LOL, I would guess there are several every night.

MJZiggy
04-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I can only guess that he won't be on any of them.

MadtownPacker
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM

His wife needs to let him do what he wants. Just like all women should do! :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Bite me, Mad! :shock:

GBRulz
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM

His wife needs to let him do what he wants. Just like all women should do! :mrgreen:

and to think that I thought you were being too nice lately...LOL