PDA

View Full Version : KGB

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Gotta love KGB in an interview. He's pretty funny.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/packers/demand/PressConferences/060531gbaja-biamila_300.rm&proto=rtsp

Whether you think he's overrated or not, he at least has the attitude you want from your guys. He works hard.

Mazzin
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey guys can't get my verion of quicktime to work and i can't watch NONE of those vids what should I do? :mad:

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes Harvey.

I was comparing his style of interviewing with that of Ahman Green's today Re: Brett Favre returning for this season. Where Green was really almost matter of fact, KGB was animated, really fun to watch.

Matter of fact, with that voice of his I see a future in animated movies.

The best thing with that interview you offer Harvey, is that KGB express's clearly, what the correct attitude, IS.

OUR team has a long way back to get on track and missing projected starters to voluntary 'even' OTA's, after such as C.Woodson and R.Pickett and R.Gardner signed with us as FA'a, isn't impressive and has to raise eyebrows.

Sure it will go away by TC, but it's IMO, not a great preview of these new players committment.

MJZiggy
06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
You have to use RealPlayer. I can do it off packers.com no problem in Firefox but sometimes have to open IE to watch vid.

retailguy
06-04-2006, 09:45 PM
You have to use RealPlayer. I can do it off packers.com no problem in Firefox but sometimes have to open IE to watch vid.

she has a mac, I think.

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey guys can't get my verion of quicktime to work and i can't watch NONE of those vids what should I do? :mad:

Hi Mazzin.

Just simply download 'the free version' or Realplayer fr. Real Networks. It is a fast download and works really fine.

That is my suggestion.

Mazzin
06-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Damned sorry guys im an idiot i have been trying to use quick time

Mazzin
06-04-2006, 10:47 PM
realplayer says that it is only a 14day free trial wtf.

GBRulz
06-04-2006, 10:51 PM
you have to download the basic version, which of course they make harder to find because they want you to buy the high end version

Partial
06-04-2006, 11:20 PM
you know, I try so hard to like him, but I just can't. He says all the right things and has the right attitude but he just isn't that good. Anyone feel the same way?

Bretsky
06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
you know, I try so hard to like him, but I just can't. He says all the right things and has the right attitude but he just isn't that good. Anyone feel the same way?

KGB was a fifth round draft pick; he's greatly outperformed any of our expectations on draft day. Good attitude and character guy. Likeable.

Problem is we judge him by the contract he signed.

On one hand we should not blame KGB for working the system as well as he can.

On the other hand KGB serves as a reminder of the incompetence of Mike Sherman as a GM.

The reality of the situation is instead of remembering his draft status, we look at what GB is paying him...............and realize we're not getting everything Mike Sherman hoped to pay for.

B

esoxx
06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
My hope is this coaching staff will use KGB as he properly should be used, as a situational pass rusher for the most part. I know it sucks to pay a guy that much scratch to be a situational player, but they need to maximize what he does best, and that's rush the passer. I think he can be a disruptive force in obvious pass rush situations and on those crucial third downs. If he's fresh, he could put up some solid pass rush numbers. If they insist on lining him up on run downs against a road grading, 300+ tackle, it's self-defeating and a waste of his real talent. And that's not good for him or us.

Jimx29
06-04-2006, 11:57 PM
realplayer says that it is only a 14day free trial wtf.Stay away from that piece of sh!t real player. Instead, get real alternative. It plays everything real player does, except doesn't hijack your system and bog down all your players by hijacking everything. get it here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

Same for quicktime alternative:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

mmmdk
06-05-2006, 06:23 AM
KGB is fine! You need 11 players on defense and it's the coaches job to utilize the talent of individual players - coaches didn't do that last season & before that. The Packer D has more quality at starting positions than last year and KGB is in for a GREAT season...as long as they use KGB mainly on passing downs. KGB will still see the field a lot, just less than last season (and before that). Guys like Hawk, Woodson & Pickett (important new additions from each defensive unit) will help a guy like KGB, so KGB can utilize his special pass rush talent. Then add more seasoned players like Collins and most of the young DL players plus key backups, then KGB can improve too. I never bought into the statistical # 7 defensive unit the Packers had last season - I wouldn't be surpriced if Packers D (based on yards allowed) dropped to 10th/12th but I would be dissapointed if the scoring D & 3rd down D didn't improve. If Packers are to go .500 or better, they'll need to create more turnovers (21 last year) and improve on opponent QBs rating. Dilfer looked like Montana last season. Lastly, the offense can't cough up the the 45 times again - that's just plain dumb - so Favre has his work cut out too. Last season the offense killed games where the D held their own.

KYPack
06-05-2006, 07:25 AM
KGB is a Sherman legacy, no doubt. Shermie had to play KGB to justify his foolish decision to sign him to that goofy contract. This regime isn't bound by that so the strategy needs to be what's outlined in several posts in this thread. Ignore his contract and play him in passing situations only.

One problem with this is the fact that he's getting to be less and less effective in passing situations. He once had some inside spin and counter moves, but now it's pretty much just that wide edge rush. Against the run? very little stop ability, he just gets blown off the ball.

We play him this year, then cut him and eat the cap hit. The cap is so high, it won't cause that much trouble.

Any doubt that Sherman was an insanely bad GM? Check this out. KGB is signed thru 2009 and next year the cap hit will be 4.7 million. Pay it & move ahead.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2006, 07:29 AM
http://www.grovesbears.com/images/nabco/WildWest/trick_pony_oatsie.jpg

KYPack
06-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Izzat the "one-trick pony"?

You are a great man, Mad.

Sick, but great!

MadtownPacker
06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Izzat the "one-trick pony"?

You are a great man, Mad.

Sick, but great!He is very fast, and very nice, but he isnt very big so he cant take on alot of weight.

But he is hard to let go cuz he is our favorite pony.

The Leaper
06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
So we are now comparing KGB to My Little Pony? I think Tauscher is a better My Little Pony...more hair to comb.

Tony Oday
06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I just hope KGB can play solid football this year all around.