PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Packer Won-Loss Prediction

oregonpackfan
05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
OK, last year was a very pleasant surprise for all of us. Most of us predicted the Packers would finish around .500. We thought those who might think the Packers would finish an incredible 13-3 would be stumbling around from the intoxication of drinking too much Kool-Aide.

What is your regular season 2008 prediction for the Packers?

Mine is 10-6.

I think the Packers will initially struggle on the offensive side in the first half of the season. With a few starts under his belt, Rodgers will be directing the Packers to more wins than losses.

K-town
05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
11 and 5.
NFC North Division Champs.
One home playoff game.

Bet my buddies that for every win above 9 and 7, they pay me $5.
For every loss below this mark, I pay them.

Last of the red-hot, big-time gamblers, that's me

SkinBasket
05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Don't we have one of these already somewhere?

Oscar
05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Last season I picked 10-6 I think this year we go 11-5.

Lurker64
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
11 and 5 sounds about right.

The Leaper
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Awful early to make a prediction, but I'll guess 9-7 at this point. I'm guessing there will be some ups and downs, but the team will finish strong and earn a playoff berth.

Badgerinmaine
05-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Here's the schedule for '08:
Mon., Sept. 8 Minnesota Vikings
Sun., Sept. 14 @ Detroit Lions
Sun., Sept. 21 Dallas Cowboys
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions

I would have said 10-6 before looking at it, but now I think 11-5 is not unreasonable, even if they lose to the Cowboys and Colts in GB.

Charles Woodson
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Mon., Sept. 8 Minnesota Vikings- Win
Sun., Sept. 14 @ Detroit Lions- Win
Sun., Sept. 21 Dallas Cowboys-Lose, but i think it'll be close
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Win
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons-Win
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks-Win
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts-Lose
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans-Win
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings-Lose
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears-Win
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints Lose
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers-Win
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans-Win
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Win
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears-Lose
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions-Win

Thats how i could see it going 11-5, but i agree its probably too early to tell

The Leaper
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Can't see us winning on the road in JAX.

Lurker64
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Can't see us winning on the road in JAX.

As with every year, we'll win some games we think we should lose and we'll lose some games we think we should win. A lot of it comes down to momentum and injuries. If they're beat up and we're not, we've got a dramatically higher chance of winning, and vice versa.

I think our defense should be good enough to hold Jacksonville in check, the issue will just be "can we score enough points?" and having not seen enough from Rodgers yet, I have no idea.

Joemailman
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Is this the Official Win-Loss Prediction thread, or just a warm-up prediction thread?

GrnBay007
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Is this the Official Win-Loss Prediction thread, or just a warm-up prediction thread?

Last year we had one very early and then I made what I guess you could call an official one after we got to see them play... 2nd or 3rd week of preseason. Saved it and brought it back at the end of the season to see how everyone did.

Kiwon
05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Way too early to even guess, IMHO.

Wait until August.

Iron Mike
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm calling 16-0 again this year.

I was a hell of a lot closer than the majority of you were last year. :P

http://tiagosilva29.no.sapo.pt/king_of_threads.jpg

BF4MVP
05-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Another 13-3 season, baby

woodbuck27
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I see a split and that's good with a virtual rookie QB.

We go 8 - 8 in 2008. No playoff's.

ahaha
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Barring a rash of injuries, I'd be stunned with anything less than 10-6. This team is deep and talented. I'm giddy with anticipation. I'd guess 13-3.

texaspackerbacker
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I predicted 11-5 or 12-4 last year. As it turned out, I shouldn't have been so restrained.

My first reaction is improvement all over--O Line playing together, Grant for the full season, even better wideouts and a second quality TE, at least as good D as last season--with the possible exception of QB.

I'm expecting Rodgers to play as well, all things considered, as Favre did last season. Yes, I know that's a lot to expect, and he probably won't have quite as many highlights. He also, however, probably won't have the low points Favre had.

So just looking at the Packers, I'd say, how could anybody see the Packers as having a worse record than last season? The other factor, though, is the schedule--pretty tough this season. Looking at it game by game, I honestly don't see any games the Packers would be expected to lose. On the other hand, shit happens. I would expect it to happen 3 or 4 times this season.

So like last season, I'll give myself the leeway of two choices: 12-4 or 13-3.

HarveyWallbangers
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Favre was one of the three best QBs in the game last year. It would be a big stretch to expect Rodgers to play that well. However, I disagree with those that think the team around Rodgers won't be better because we didn't sign any FAs or draft a potential stud. Improvement will come from within. Last year proved that.

Guys like Allen Barbre, Jason Spitz, James Jones, Justin Harrell, Tramon Williams, Atari Bigby, etc.

Bretsky
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Favre was one of the three best QBs in the game last year. It would be a big stretch to expect Rodgers to play that well. However, I disagree with those that think the team around Rodgers won't be better because we didn't sign any FAs or draft a potential stud. Improvement will come from within. Last year proved that.

Guys like Allen Barbre, Jason Spitz, James Jones, Justin Harrell, Tramon Williams, Atari Bigby, etc.

If you take Favre out of the equation, there is no doubt the talent on offense will be better this year

I'm not so sure about the defense; my guess is it's about the same or slightly weaker

The CB's should be solid
I'm not convinced Bigby has that much upside so I'm thinking our safeties will be about the same
The DL might be slightly weaker
Our LB's should be better

All things considered I think defense may be about a wash; key will be finding a way to get to the opposing teams QB

gbgary
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
with Rodgers, actually the whole qb position, being the biggest question mark there's nothing you can do but guess. maybe we'll have another season like last year. was that magic or were we really that good? if Rodgers can play all season like he did against dallas i'll guess...11-5.

HarveyWallbangers
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
The CB's should be solid
I'm not convinced Bigby has that much upside so I'm thinking our safeties will be about the same

All things considered I think defense may be about a wash; key will be finding a way to get to the opposing teams QB

Actually, I think Bigby has a bunch of upside. Last year was his first meaningful playing time, and he did pretty well. He's fast, he likes to hit, and he hits hard. He's not even that bad in coverage (he has the speed to do it), but he needs to get more consistent. He also needs to quit taking dumb penalties. Rouse should be better, and that could make the safety group better, and I liked what little I saw of Peprah.

I'm not so sure the DL will be weaker. We lose Williams, but we might have a healthy Jenkins and Jolly for a full year. We also have some young guys with talent that could surprise in Harrell and Muir. We'll see what Thompson can provide. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jason Hunter is one of those guys who starts really showing something. It took KGB a couple of years, and Hunter is kind of similar to him.

Partial
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
The CB's should be solid

Actually, I think Bigby has a bunch of upside. Last year was his first meaningful playing time, and he did pretty well. He's fast, he likes to hit, and he hits hard. He's not even that bad in coverage (he has the speed to do it), but he needs to get more consistent. He also needs to quit taking dumb penalties. Rouse should be better, and that could make the safety group better, and I liked what little I saw of Peprah.

I'm not so sure the DL will be weaker. We lose Williams, but we might have a healthy Jenkins and Jolly for a full year. We also have some young guys with talent that could surprise in Harrell and Muir. We'll see what Thompson can provide. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jason Hunter is one of those guys who starts really showing something. It took KGB a couple of years, and Hunter is kind of similar to him.

I agree on the safeties, and I think the line will be solidified with the rookie end. I love his length and height, and TT must really think he's going to be a good player to trade up for him. I'm optimistic about our D!

Joemailman
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I predicted 10-6 last year. I'll try not to be so pessimistic this year. Right now I'd say probably 11-5. I don't buy all the hand-wringing I've heard previously about the "tough schedule". It's tough for any team though to repeat the kind of season the Packers had last year.