PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers - a social guy

GrnBay007
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
It's gotta be a VERY difficult position for Rodgers to be in right now....and will only get worse as the season gets closer. Great that he's trying to bond with his players. After reading this article and others, It think if I were Rodgers I wouldn't answer any questions regarding the transition from Favre to Rodgers or anything related to their relationship. I think if I were him, I would simply reply to only questions concerning his impact on the forthcoming season....and leave out discussions regarding Brohm. Just focus on yourself Aaron....nothing else!! It's gotta be extremely difficult for a guy his age replacing a great.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=753750

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I think he's handling it the right way. He's being himself. If he refused to answer questions, then it would signal that it is affecting him and that would become a bigger story.

GrnBay007
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I think he's handling it the right way. He's being himself. If he refused to answer questions, then it would signal that it is affecting him and that would become a bigger story.

True. There's probably no exact right way to handle it all. I just hope he does what's best for the Packers......and I'd like to see him leave Favre talk out of it.

Have fun Aaron.......this is truly the time of your life!!!

Pack-man
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM

I think he is doing a good job handling it so far. Its gonna get a lot worse. I think he would be right to say I'm not gonna answer any questions reguarding Brett. I want to talk about the current Packers and thats it! Brett had his time now its Rodgers time!

swede
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM

True. There's probably no exact right way to handle it all. I just hope he does what's best for the Packers......and I'd like to see him leave Favre talk out of it.

Have fun Aaron.......this is truly the time of your life!!!

Tough to leave the Favre talk out when others will keep bringing it up. The best he can do is to be as honest as he can while being diplomatic.

Rodgers gave a fine response when asked about the very clear difference between his reaching out to the new, young QBs and Favre's more distant--yet cordial--relationship with Aaron. He correctly and accurately pointed out simple differences in circumstance, personality, and preference that explained and answered the question without showing any disrespect at all for Favre.

We'll be in good shape if Aaron Rodgers plays as well as he's handled public relations issues.

GrnBay007
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Tough to leave the Favre talk out when others will keep bringing it up. The best he can do is to be as honest as he can while being diplomatic.

I know!! :(

I am going to support Rodgers

...but I self admit that I will be one of the worst violators in respect to the Favre reminders/comparisons.

The above statement was from the head.....not the heart!!! :?

Freak Out
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Rogers was in Alaska? He sounds like he can handle himself pretty well and has his head on strait. If he ever starts with the "I'm not talking to the press" shit I'll be disappointed.

RashanGary
05-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Favre is a good guy in his own reclusive way, but Rodgers seems like a better teammate and better guy in the lockerroom. Hopefully that chemistry finds it's way to the field.

Bretsky
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Favre is a good guy in his own reclusive way, but Rodgers seems like a better teammate and better guy in the lockerroom. Hopefully that chemistry finds it's way to the field.

Favre was a great lockerroom guy when he was younger. He chummed with lots of teammates better than any QB I recall in Green Bay. Then he got old with family while the team got young so it was natural that he was more distant. Rodgers is of similar age to most of the guys. IMO it's not about Rodgers/Favre but age. I think Favre had a much better chemistry with the guys when he was young then Rodgers does....but over time with success Rodgers can do the same.

RashanGary
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Good point, Bretsky. The old (young) Favre was a great teammate. He just became bitter and crotchety as he got old. It was definitly his time.

It does seem like an upgrade from last year.

Bretsky
05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Good point, Bretsky. The old (young) Favre was a great teammate. He just became bitter and crotchety as he got old. It was definitly his time.

It does seem like an upgrade from last year.

Rogers seems very smooth with the media..........I found it funny when he told the media it might be a long year for it all and how the media may try to make things difficult at times........almost like he was calling them out for junk he knows they will spew before they even start.

The elderly Favre became less savvy and too honest and the media would keep re asking the same questions until they got what they needed to create a new story.