PDA

View Full Version : The Moment You've All Been Waiting For

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Bill Schroeder will retire as a Packer.
:D

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/05/22/schroeder-to-retire-as-a-packer.aspx

Zool
05-22-2008, 11:31 AM
As usual the comments section is the best part.

"In related news, Lamont Hollinquest has also decided to retire as a Packer."

Pack-man
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
What game are they going to retire his number at? I want to make sure I get tickets for that game.

swede
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I hope they have a highlight film at halftime of some game...

...highlights of Holmgren grabbing Billy by the facemask, calling him a bleep, or cutting to Holmgren scowling like a Norse warrior as the refs walk off a fifteen yarder following a Billy Schroeder blunder, or Favre angrily clapping his arms together in the international indication of "alligator arms" after Schroeder drops a pass ...

Those were the days my friends. :lol:

Still, the guy is pretty high on the list of Favre TD receivers.

Lurker64
05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Man they come in threes. Brett Favre, Rob Davis, and Bill Schroeder all retire in one offseason? Creepy...

DonHutson
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
WTF, he last played in 2004. Has he been anxiously sitting by the phone for 4 years before he came to this momentous decision?

But I do like to see things come full circle. He started as a douchebag and he's ending as a douchebag.

Just file the papers and go away.

oregonpackfan
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
The question is: Will Bill Schroeder run the right route to Lambeau?

Pack-man
05-22-2008, 04:03 PM
WTF, he last played in 2004. Has he been anxiously sitting by the phone for 4 years before he came to this momentous decision?

But I do like to see things come full circle. He started as a douchebag and he's ending as a douchebag.

Just file the papers and go away.

I'm sure he was weighing his options. To retire a Packer or a Lion. He put up such huge numbers both places it took him 4 years to make this momentus decision. Look for the Packers to add a Schroeder wing in the Hall of Fame! I'm sure that was part of the negotiations!

Bretsky
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Bill Schroeder will retire as a Packer.
:D

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/05/22/schroeder-to-retire-as-a-packer.aspx

Ah, man, there's a name that brings back bad memories. I was at the Falcons game when Favre lofted up that pass and can still visualize Schroeder stopping his route as Favre was letting go of the ball. Nightmare

DonHutson
05-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I can't believe this story still has legs. Must be a slooooow time of year for Packer news.

But really, shouldn't you have to have a current NFL job in order to retire from the NFL? I mean, he's quitting four years after getting fired for the third time.

I haven't played in the NFL at any point in the last four years either. So I would like to take this opportunity to retire from the Green Bay Packers.

"I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth..."

This touching moment brought to you by the makers of Kleenex.

MJZiggy
05-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Ya gotta understand, Don. You have to be retired in order for your entry into the Hall to be processed. It's already gonna take him 4 years longer than it could have...