PDA

View Full Version : Lions Comedy/Trajedy

CaliforniaCheez
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20080520&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=415003&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Check out the photo gallery of teams they play this season and the comments with the photos.

With expectations so low they can only be exceeded.

For the final game they show a Lambeau leap by Greg Jennings captioned "Look, Matt! Drafting a receiver in the second round works. Green Bay rook Western Michigan's Greg Jennings in Round 2 -- not with a top 10 pick. And, on a side note, how do the Lions end another season in arctic Green Bay? Isn't that extra punishment?"

Every once in awhile I feel sorry for the Lions. There is no fun in beating the Lions.

Gunakor
05-22-2008, 11:46 AM
It's always fun beating up on a division rival, even if it is the Lions.

GoPackGo
05-22-2008, 11:48 AM
There is no fun in beating the Lions.
I haven't forgot about losing to Barry Sanders,Charlie Batch, and Rodney Peete led Lion's teams so beating them is not getting old quite yet

Zool
05-22-2008, 11:50 AM
"Choosing between Grossman and Kyle Orton is like debating who's the bigger bust Charles Rogers or Mike Williams."

Awesome.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2008, 11:54 AM
And, on a side note, how do the Lions end another season in arctic Green Bay? Isn't that extra punishment?

The last time the Packers lost to the Lions at home was 1991, I believe, so it probably doesn't matter that we play them in December again. In fact, I'd rather be playing a team like Indy in late December.

CaliforniaCheez
05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
"Choosing between Grossman and Kyle Orton is like debating who's the bigger bust Charles Rogers or Mike Williams."

Awesome.

The comments like that made it worth sharing.

Gunakor
05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Meh, the Lions play in a dome too...

Why couldn't the commish find it in his heart to send the 'Boys up here in December?

Freak Out
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
:lol:
At least someone in Detoilet still has a sense of humor.

Tarlam!
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Meh, the Lions play in a dome too...

Why couldn't the commish find it in his heart to send the 'Boys up here in December?

That would only be an advantage if we still had the advantage. After losing to the Falcons, Vikings and Giants, who friggin' cares what day it is?

Today's game seems to discount HFA.

DonHutson
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't feel sorry for the Lions themsevles as much as I feel sorry for their fan... anyone ever met that poor bastard?

Didn't think so.

Zool
05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I actually work with a Lions fan. I dont even make fun of him for it. How could I? That would be cruel.

oregonpackfan
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Perhaps we should have a poll with the question: When will the Lions make the Super Bowl?

A) in the next 5 years

B) in the next 10 years

C) in the next 20 years

D) Are you kidding? They will NEVER make it!

Even the stauchest Lion fan would have to opt for "D."

Guiness
05-22-2008, 04:50 PM
or option E)

E) Over Matt Millen's dead body

FavreChild
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
You do have to give the Lions credit for having a sense of humor about their futility. At least they don't act like they're up on the cross like, say, Cubs fans. Or how Red Sox fans used to be about "the curse" (now they're more ridiculously obnoxious than Yankee fans).

The Lions embrace their legacy of losing for comedic purposes. Deep down, they understand that winning would ruin everything. I like that. 8-)

DonHutson
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
You do have to give the Lions credit for having a sense of humor about their futility.

I think you're giving them way too much credit. If they act less persecuted than Cub fans it's because deep down, they don't really care.

I joke about it, but seriously... Detroit is one state over and compare the number of Lions fans you know to Viking and Bear fans. That team is borderline invisible.

If football fans in Michigan want to get their fix of winning football, they can get it on Saturdays from the Wolverines. They don't need to invest much (or any) emotion into the Lions.

alquaal
05-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Up here in the UP the Packers/Lions rivalry can be fierce. Mostly Packer fans but lots of irate Lions fans. Not alot of Bears or Vikings fans. when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's I considered it a winning season if we would sweep the Lions and lose every other game.