PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Bill Schroeder (dont read if u dont like me)

Anti-Polar Bear
05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Bill Schroeder. Tall. Fast. Great. Schroeder was a sparkling white hope in a black dominated realm. He was 6’4”, yet ran the 40 in 4.2 seconds. He was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Schroeder was a star football player at Sheboygan South High School. The conservative Barry Alvarez should have offered Schroeder a scholarship to play at Wisconsin. But Alvarez, being the conservative he is, told Schroder that Division 1 was no place for Schroeder’s kind (years later, Alvarez said the same thing to some white shut down corner from Appleton who shut down Darren Charles in game).

So Billy went to UW-La Crosse and proved Alvarez wrong. Bill Schroeder got game. After a spectacular career at UWLC, Schroeder was drafted by the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He quickly became a starter…and the rest is history.

Jordy Nelson, slow as a turtle, would be lucky to be half the player Schroeder was.

In conclusion, one sentence describes Schroeder best: the best there was, there is, there ever will be.

Guiness
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I changed my mind Tank. I like you. You make me smile :)

AV David
05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
The only problem is he wasn't trying to make you smile. He was serious. He has had this man/boy thing going with Bill Schroeder for years.

sheepshead
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Tank's posts are always best after 4:20 Wisconsin time!! :lol:

Tarlam!
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I changed my mind Tank. I like you. You make me smile :)

Just stuffing up the inbox as usual. You can smile, Guin, while I vomit.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12599

Lurker64
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Tank's posts are always better when he's saying things that no human being of sound mind or body could actually believe.

retailguy
05-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Bill Schroeder. Tall. Fast. Great. Schroeder was a sparkling white hope in a black dominated realm. He was 6’4”, yet ran the 40 in 4.2 seconds. He was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Schroeder was a star football player at Sheboygan South High School. The conservative Barry Alvarez should have offered Schroeder a scholarship to play at Wisconsin. But Alvarez, being the conservative he is, told Schroder that Division 1 was no place for Schroeder’s kind (years later, Alvarez said the same thing to some white shut down corner from Appleton who shut down Darren Charles in game).

So Billy went to UW-La Crosse and proved Alvarez wrong. Bill Schroeder got game. After a spectacular career at UWLC, Schroeder was drafted by the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He quickly became a starter…and the rest is history.

Jordy Nelson, slow as a turtle, would be lucky to be half the player Schroeder was.

In conclusion, one sentence describes Schroeder best: the best there was, there is, there ever will be.

An entire post, without a glaring grammatical error, without Thompson hatred (directly, but there was an indirect jab...), and without the need for profanity....

Who hijacked tanks account? :P

BTW - I don't like you, but I read it anyways. :twisted:

Bretsky
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
That was what I was thinking; a pretty good thought out post w/o a storm of meaningless foul language

Charles Woodson
05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
An entire post, without a glaring grammatical error, without Thompson hatred (directly, but there was an indirect jab...), and without the need for profanity....

Who hijacked tanks account? :P

BTW - I don't like you, but I read it anyways. :twisted:

For real,
i mean the whole (dont read if you dont like me) was pretty tempting.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Interesting post, too bad it isn't factual.

Mr. schroeder never played college football from what i recall. He was a track and field guy.

retailguy
05-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Mr. schroeder never played college football from what i recall. He was a track and field guy.

Not entirely true. He played for one year.

"Played one season (1993) of college football for Wisconsin-La Crosse, snaring 30 passes for 752 yards (25.1 avg.) and 8 touchdowns as Eagles won the Wisconsin State University Conference Championship… Also a return man, he averaged 12.1 yards on 27 punt returns and 24.8 yards on 22 kickoff returns … Enjoyed an excellent track career at UW-La Crosse as he garnered NCAA Division III All-America honors 17 times… Captured Division III titles in the triple jump in 1992 and the long jump in 1993… Was a conference champion 16 times at La Crosse, he left campus holding eight school track records… Holds B.S. degree in physical education/teaching."

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=78

Tyrone Bigguns
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Not entirely true. He played for one year.

"Played one season (1993) of college football for Wisconsin-La Crosse, snaring 30 passes for 752 yards (25.1 avg.) and 8 touchdowns as Eagles won the Wisconsin State University Conference Championship… Also a return man, he averaged 12.1 yards on 27 punt returns and 24.8 yards on 22 kickoff returns … Enjoyed an excellent track career at UW-La Crosse as he garnered NCAA Division III All-America honors 17 times… Captured Division III titles in the triple jump in 1992 and the long jump in 1993… Was a conference champion 16 times at La Crosse, he left campus holding eight school track records… Holds B.S. degree in physical education/teaching."

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=78

I stand corrected.

Hard to believe Barry passed on a talent like that. :roll:

Freak Out
05-23-2008, 12:32 AM

:lol:

Now that's funny!

The Leaper
05-23-2008, 07:42 AM

In mullet growing?

Pack-man
05-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Holy crap, this is hilarious! Seriously Dude have you ever really watched a football game?

woodbuck27
05-23-2008, 09:09 AM

Your outrageous and some here love yaa Tank. :D

theeaterofshades
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM

In mullet growing?

Nope Jeff Query has the honor of that title!

KYPack
05-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I hate Tank, so I read it, too.

As per usual, it was stupid.