PDA

View Full Version : Erin Andrews

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Answer-Woman-Erin-Andrews-talks-marriage-propos?urn=mlb,79050

She's a Packers fan.
:D

Q: Did you want to be a reporter when you grew up?

E.A.: Yeah, I did. My dad is on television at Tampa. Sports was my dad and I's connection. We always were sports fans. He has no boys, just two daughters, and even the dogs are girls. That was how we used to bond on the couch; we used to root for the Boston Celtics and the Red Sox. Green Bay Packers — because he grew up a Bart Starr fan. So I grew up a Brett Favre fan. That was my connection with my father. I knew I wanted to do it; I watched Hannah Storm do "NBA on NBC." I was like, "Her job is so cool."

PlantPage55
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Correction, she's a hot Packer fan. :D

mngolf19
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I just lost respect for her. :wink:

LL2
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Cool! Has she done a Maxim spread?

Packnut
05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I'd do her- IF she asked nicely. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LL2
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM

You'd do her even if she slapped you and made you her bitch!

MJZiggy
05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
My dad and I's? She's a journalist, right?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Oh yeah, she was hired for her journalistic skills. :roll:

Freak Out
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Someone needs to throw a few Garbage Can like photo's in here. :satan:

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM

It was a chat transcript. I doubt she typed it in herself.

oregonpackfan
05-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Erin Andrews is a prime example of how a pretty face and large boobs take priority over journalistic skills.

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd like to think Andrews is a little more than a pretty face--like Melissa Stark, Michelle Tafoya, and Susy Kolber.

MJZiggy
05-23-2008, 09:19 PM

No, but quotes are usually typed as they're spoken--and she's supposed to be on-air "talent."

Bretsky
05-23-2008, 10:34 PM
HOT

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2008, 10:34 PM
No, but quotes are usually typed as they're spoken--and she's supposed to be on-air "talent."

This reminds me of my Grandma who was a teacher. She'd constantly correct us grandkids when we misspoke. I was always like: Grandma, people do speak informally to each other, and they'll even throw some slang in too.

Freak Out
05-23-2008, 10:53 PM
HOT

Can you imagine her and Stark going at it? :twisted:

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 12:26 AM
HOT

Can you imagine her and Stark going at it? :twisted:

GC
GC
GC!!!!

:P

Packnut
05-24-2008, 07:31 AM

You'd do her even if she slapped you and made you her bitch!

And I'd enjoy every second of it! 8-)

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 07:41 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/photoessay/top10-meltdowns/gfx/namath-joe-350.jpg
He'd hit it. :)

MJZiggy
05-24-2008, 07:48 AM

This reminds me of my Grandma who was a teacher. She'd constantly correct us grandkids when we misspoke. I was always like: Grandma, people do speak informally to each other, and they'll even throw some slang in too.

It wasn't informal. She was being interviewed. And by the way, I was wondering last night if she'd had the opportunity to interview Namath yet...

Bretsky
05-24-2008, 07:54 AM

It wasn't informal. She was being interviewed. And by the way, I was wondering last night if she'd had the opportunity to interview Namath yet...

She can have the opportunity to interview anybody she wants whenever she wants.

woodbuck27
05-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Lovely hair and eyes.

The eyes 'the soul' of a person.

red
05-24-2008, 11:58 AM
so she said my dad and i, instead of me and my dad

so what, mistakes happen

CaliforniaCheez
05-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Cool! Has she done a Maxim spread?

A different spread....

Carolina_Packer
05-24-2008, 04:12 PM
http://theangryt.com/images/8-3/clip_image002_0012.jpg

She's definitely pretty. I like this photo of her.

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 04:52 PM

I'm guessing that she didn't get the job based upon journalistic integrity.

Or her eyes. :roll:

PlantPage55
05-24-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm guessing that she didn't get the job based upon journalistic integrity.

Or her eyes. :roll:

I wish that was one of those hilarious pictures where a hot chick walks by and the guy in the background is just oogling her. That drummer should look up!

PlantPage55
05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Ha ha ha, this guy knows...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/UserMedia/FanPagesPhoto/Gallery/20/O74445.jpg

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
HaHaHa.....Urlacher's up to no good:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/brian-urlacher-boob-tit-photo.jpg

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 05:09 PM
http://ask-ken.info/uploaded_images/sarko.jpg

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 05:10 PM
http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/StealthyBoobGrab001.jpg

Iron Mike
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/bride-boob-grab.jpg

:jack:

Tyrone Bigguns
05-24-2008, 06:36 PM

And that invalidates my point?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd like to think Andrews is a little more than a pretty face--like Melissa Stark, Michelle Tafoya, and Susy Kolber.

And, i'd like to think it really was the tooth fairy leaving me money under my pillow. :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
So, she can't win. If she's good-looking, that's why she got the job. Do you think she's good at her job?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-24-2008, 06:49 PM
So, she can't win. If she's good-looking, that's why she got the job. Do you think she's good at her job?

Of course she got the job cause she looks good, so do most on-air talent...that is why "they" say.."a face made for radio."

Yes, her job is to look good, get the horny male students psyched, and ask inane questions.

C'mon, Harv..would you really miss anything if she wasn't there?

When she actually performs in the role of a journalist like Shelley Smith then we can start thinking of her as more than just eye candy.

Bretsky
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Erin Andrews is incredibly hot; but she is also very good at her job....all looks aside.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Erin Andrews is incredibly hot; but she is also very good at her job....all looks aside.

Define exactly what her job is and how she is good at it.

Bretsky
05-24-2008, 08:45 PM

I don't have ENSP's job description.........and I'm certainly not going to create one because my gut tells me you will nitpick at it.

She covers a mutlitude of sporting events. She interviews well. She is fluent with her speech in front of the camera. She is good at what she does.

She would not have got the job if she was not qualified and now she's more than capable with or without the looks.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-25-2008, 06:22 PM

I don't have ENSP's job description.........and I'm certainly not going to create one because my gut tells me you will nitpick at it.

She covers a mutlitude of sporting events. She interviews well. She is fluent with her speech in front of the camera. She is good at what she does.

She would not have got the job if she was not qualified and now she's more than capable with or without the looks.

I don't see her doing anything that just about any confident person could do.

She doesn't ask hard hitting questions. She doesn't do any real research. She does puff work.

If she wasn't good looking, she wouldn't have the job.

Bretsky
05-25-2008, 11:21 PM

She doesn't ask hard hitting questions. She doesn't do any real research. She does puff work.

Obviously we just have to agree to disagree I don't but that girls get their ESPN jobs due to their looks, and I stand by my comments that she does her job well. If your viewpoint differs, so be it.

Partial
05-26-2008, 01:15 AM
I am curious as to what evidence you have that she doesn't do her job well?!? She's good looking, but she's not a super model or anything. She has what most would consider the dream job in sports reporting working for the #1 company. Explain to me what reason their is to believe that she is unqualified?!? Seems like she's awfully bright, hardworking, and constantly on the go to me.

woodbuck27
05-26-2008, 07:52 AM

She's definitely pretty. I like this photo of her.

GOOD GOD. :)

THANKS for little children that grow up to be Pcker fans.

FavreChild
05-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I'd say Erin Andrews is probably my favorite sideline reporter, and obviously I could care less about her looks.

I totally disagree that anyone can do Andrews' job well. Perhaps more than any other broadcasting role, the sideline reporter has to think on his or her feet. Unlike the guys in the booth who merely banter with each other, she has to interact with coaches, players, and fans in an unscripted way.

Personally, I think she does an excellent job. She is way more knowledgeable about sports than some of the other "pretty faces" that have held similar positions. She isn't annoying and doesn't ask ridiculous questions. She is an above-average interviewer and has a great rapport with the athletes and coaches. Her interviews don't come across as fake and stilted - at least not compared with the typical sideline interview. Sure, a lot of information that she "reports" is scripted and fed to her. So what? It still takes a tremendous amount of poise to handle a live-game situation. I teach these kind of communication skills for a living, and very few people truly have the ability to handle this kind of job well.

Rastak
05-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd say Erin Andrews is probably my favorite sideline reporter, and obviously I could care less about her looks.

I totally disagree that anyone can do Andrews' job well. Perhaps more than any other broadcasting role, the sideline reporter has to think on his or her feet. Unlike the guys in the booth who merely banter with each other, she has to interact with coaches, players, and fans in an unscripted way.

Personally, I think she does an excellent job. She is way more knowledgeable about sports than some of the other "pretty faces" that have held similar positions. She isn't annoying and doesn't ask ridiculous questions. She is an above-average interviewer and has a great rapport with the athletes and coaches. Her interviews don't come across as fake and stilted - at least not compared with the typical sideline interview. Sure, a lot of information that she "reports" is scripted and fed to her. So what? It still takes a tremendous amount of poise to handle a live-game situation. I teach these kind of communication skills for a living, and very few people truly have the ability to handle this kind of job well.

You're gonna smack me in the head but if we (Erin and I) had a conversation I wouldn't remember a word she said.

FavreChild
05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Because she is attractive??

I don't care if y'all think she is good-looking. She is. All I'm saying is that she is good at her job, too.

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 04:48 PM

You're gonna smack me in the head but if we (Erin and I) had a conversation I wouldn't remember a word she said.

HA! I'm more memorable than Erin Andrews!! :mrgreen:

Rastak
05-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Umm, did you just say something?

:)

Bretsky
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2008, 07:59 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Partial
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: "we're not worthy"

vince
05-27-2008, 08:02 AM

That's B's posse screaming, "C'mon FC, you'd do her too!"

oregonpackfan
05-27-2008, 02:38 PM
HA! I'm more memorable than Erin Andrews!! :mrgreen:[/quote]

MJZiggy,

And just how are you more memorable than Erin Andrews? Curious posters want to know! :)

the_idle_threat
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM

In other news, I hear there's a suspect in that melon smuggling ring out east. :satan:

MJZiggy
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM

MJZiggy,

And just how are you more memorable than Erin Andrews? Curious posters want to know! :)[/quote]

Let's face it, OPF, nobody is gonna be so distracted by what's under my sweater that they can't recall what I'm talking about...(per Rastak's comment)

Iron Mike
05-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Let's face it, OPF, nobody is gonna be so distracted by what's under my sweater that they can't recall what I'm talking about...(per Rastak's comment)

IIRC, a few months ago that would have been 4and12to12and4's hand. :lol:

RashanGary
05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Ziggy, I probably would :)

MJZiggy
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Then you're a desperate, desperate man, JH.

sharpe1027
05-28-2008, 07:57 AM

I'm 100% sure that looks had something to do with getting the job; however, before you pretend that you could do her job just as well, think of all the other reporters and how "well" they do there job. She's does a good a job as Tony Siragusa...of course if he hadn't played in the NFL, he wouldn't have a job.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2008, 07:07 PM

I'm 100% sure that looks had something to do with getting the job; however, before you pretend that you could do her job just as well, think of all the other reporters and how "well" they do there job. She's does a good a job as Tony Siragusa...of course if he hadn't played in the NFL, he wouldn't have a job.

Agreed. I think most sideline reporters are worthless...and i think the networks do as well...that is why the put the hot chick in that role.

I'm not saying she is incompetent, but rather...if there was the choice of really good male reporter vs. her...she wins...not based on reporting skill, but based on visuals.

Let me just put it this way..Siragusa is fat and ugly and will continue to have that job as long as he wants and is entertaining....I GUARANTEE Erin wouldnt' have that job is she was fat and ugly..and I guarantee that she won't have that job when she she gets older..some other younger hottie will take her place.

FavreChild
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm not saying she is incompetent, but rather...if there was the choice of really good male reporter vs. her...she wins...not based on reporting skill, but based on visuals.

It's true that her looks are important. They have to be. It's televisual media. But make no mistake that she is great at her job - she may not be reporting on things that are particularly useful, but to have that poise and presence on live TV is incredibly difficult. If you have never done a live television interview, or any live interview, you cannot possibly understand how difficult it is to pull off the job. Sure, she's got a better chance of landing the job because of her looks, but if she didn't have the skill, it would simply be a male in the job. (Remember Lisa Guererro and how fast she got laughed off the sidelines because of incompetence.)

Let me just put it this way..Siragusa is fat and ugly and will continue to have that job as long as he wants and is entertaining....I GUARANTEE Erin wouldnt' have that job is she was fat and ugly..and I guarantee that she won't have that job when she she gets older..some other younger hottie will take her place.

First of all, Siragusa is totally annoying - what the hell is up with that "nugget alert" crap? But again, he can handle the difficult constraints of live TV.

Secondly, Erin may be in business longer than you think. Suzy Kolber and Pam Oliver have been around for quite awhile. We women age better than you fellas, ya know. 8-)

Third, I hear what you are saying - all I'm trying to get across is that Erin's job is ridiculously challenging. It's so easy to mess up a tiny piece of information or embarrass yourself in a live interview. Again, I teach people speaking skill for a living - haven't had a student yet that I would hire to do Erin's job for the local college team, let alone the NFL.

That is all. 8-)

Packnut
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM

It's true that her looks are important. They have to be. It's televisual media. But make no mistake that she is great at her job - she may not be reporting on things that are particularly useful, but to have that poise and presence on live TV is incredibly difficult. If you have never done a live television interview, or any live interview, you cannot possibly understand how difficult it is to pull off the job. Sure, she's got a better chance of landing the job because of her looks, but if she didn't have the skill, it would simply be a male in the job. (Remember Lisa Guererro and how fast she got laughed off the sidelines because of incompetence.)

First of all, Siragusa is totally annoying - what the hell is up with that "nugget alert" crap? But again, he can handle the difficult constraints of live TV.

Secondly, Erin may be in business longer than you think. Suzy Kolber and Pam Oliver have been around for quite awhile. We women age better than you fellas, ya know. 8-)

Third, I hear what you are saying - all I'm trying to get across is that Erin's job is ridiculously challenging. It's so easy to mess up a tiny piece of information or embarrass yourself in a live interview. Again, I teach people speaking skill for a living - haven't had a student yet that I would hire to do Erin's job for the local college team, let alone the NFL.

That is all. 8-)

Good point. Us men do lean more towards the visual. I guess next time she is saying something, I'll try not to be distacted and pay attention. I actually feel a little guilty now for being so shallow, but I'm sure it will pass..........

Yep, all gone and back to normal now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MadtownPacker
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
What kind of BS is this complaining about her looks helping get her the job??? In case you didnt notice that is the case in many jobs but I can understand even more on TV. She sells the idea of a smart, attractive, sports fan female. It is intentional and if she was tore up you clowns would be dogging her for that. She seems to do her job well enough. Hate the game not the player Tyrone.

Bretsky
05-28-2008, 08:58 PM
What kind of BS is this complaining about her looks helping get her the job??? In case you didnt notice that is the case in many jobs but I can understand even more on TV. She sells the idea of a smart, attractive, sports fan female. It is intentional and if she was tore up you clowns would be dogging her for that. She seems to do her job well enough. Hate the game not the player Tyrone.

yup Welcome to reality

Theoretically, if I was able to hire my assistent at work (which I was)....think looks had anything to do with that one ?? :lol:

GrnBay007
05-28-2008, 09:15 PM

yup Welcome to reality

Theoretically, if I was able to hire my assistent at work (which I was)....think looks had anything to do with that one ?? :lol:

I she the one with the fake boobies? lol

Bretsky
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM

yup Welcome to reality

I she the one with the fake boobies? lol

I take offense to that.......wait...........YUP

Joemailman
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Enough philosophy. How about a picture?

http://66.79.163.197/_images/articles/2007/07/25/105694010_12d6b718ff.jpg

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Enough philosophy. How about a picture?

http://66.79.163.197/_images/articles/2007/07/25/105694010_12d6b718ff.jpg

See, she can read.

Tarlam!
05-29-2008, 01:26 AM
She's a PACKER'S FAN!!! That's what matters the most.

Sure she's beautiful, talented and great on live TV. Aren't we all? And just like us, she's a PackerBacker.

That's why she has earned our respect!

vince
05-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Preach on Tarlam!

sharpe1027
05-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Agreed. I think most sideline reporters are worthless...and i think the networks do as well...that is why the put the hot chick in that role.

That may all be true, but there are ALOT of hot women out there and she has one of the best jobs at that position. Maybe she needs to look hot in order to get the job, but she also needs to be good at what she does. I'm relatively certain there is alot of competition for that position.

3irty1
05-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Looking hot IS a TV reporter's job. I don't care about her interviewing skills or her work ethic or her knowledge of sports... Defending her "other" talents is like defending the singing of the midgets who played munchkins in the Wizard of Oz..... we all know that's NOT why they got the job.

GoPackGo
05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/pfelon/erin44.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6391/080129mb0177el3.jpg

3irty1
05-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Damn she's talented.

Freak Out
05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Holy amazon queen batman! I have to watch more sports on ESPN!

bobblehead
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
What about candy crowly on cnn...she is fat and ugly, but i actually LOVE to listen to her....on the rare occassion I turn CNN on.

I'll just quote my dear mother to sum up my feelings on this whole topic:

"who was the cruel bastard who told you life was fair"

You do a great disservice to fat kids(and all kids) by telling them life is fair, they will have to work twice as hard for what they want, and its best they understand it and get working at it early. And every person gets treated unfairly at some point in their life....heh, look at how hillary is getting treated now, talk about kharma.

BallHawk
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Erin Andrews was interviewing kids at the spelling bee today.

So, all you rat parents out there, train your kids in spelling and get a chance to see Erin in person.

PlantPage55
05-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Good God in heaven... :bs:

(only without the eye rolling...)

Tyrone Bigguns
05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Looking hot IS a TV reporter's job. I don't care about her interviewing skills or her work ethic or her knowledge of sports... Defending her "other" talents is like defending the singing of the midgets who played munchkins in the Wizard of Oz..... we all know that's NOT why they got the job.

Preach on brother, preach on. Can i get a hallelujah from the chorus!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
05-30-2008, 06:59 PM

That is all. 8-)

Ridiculously challenging? OMG...lay off the crack pipe. If her job is that..then what is the job of the actual announcers....insanely impossible.

LOnger than men: THis must be a joke as women are outta the booth by around 40. But, to even compare Andrews to KOlber is hilarious. Kolber was an original anchor of THE Deuce back in 93 a full 7 years after college.She serves as a sideline reporter, anchor and PRODUCER. Get back to me when Andrews actual works at a desk.

BUt, to think she woulda been hired if she didn't look like this is laughable:

http://js.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/ivon_gaete_021.jpg

As for Oliver...again, dont' compare andrews to a woman who at least did the norm in tv..work one year at a different station, working her way from small market to large. 10 years of service before espn.

Thank you for bringing up Mrs. Guerrero. You prove my point. Guerrero had no college background. Started her career as a cheerleader...and then moved to "actress" on sunset beach...from there hired as sports anchor. Yep, she really had the necessary background. :roll: Talk to me about the difficulty of speaking on TV.

Hot chick hired for visuals.

GrnBay007
05-30-2008, 08:01 PM
As long as she does the job she's hired for.....who cares why she was hired or what she looks like???

RashanGary
05-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I think the point is that she wouldn't have been hired if she didn't look good. Most TV poeple are hired in part because they look good though. Life is driven by reproduction and part of reproducing is recognizing healthy, fertile mates, so the sex appeal thing will never go away as long as our existance depends on sex itself. It's sort of who we are.

MJZiggy
05-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Damn but those shoes look uncomfortable.

motife
05-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady were both at the Celtics/Pistons game..

They should really "get a room" though.

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/4d147a4419_track205302008.jpg

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/297052ed70_track105302008.jpg

motife
05-31-2008, 07:46 AM
How come somethimes she looks very young and slender, and other times older and a little more meat on her and in her 30's? How old are some of these photos..

FavreChild
05-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Ridiculously challenging? OMG...lay off the crack pipe. If her job is that..then what is the job of the actual announcers....insanely impossible.

Bigguns, don't be an arrogant prick. You know absolutely nothing about live broadcasting. I conceded that her looks play a role, but you still can't land the job without talent - this is an incredibly difficult and competitive field. Do you have some kind of insecurity or resentment against smart, beautiful women? You can't even begin to fathom that she might be good-looking AND incredibly talented? The in-booth job is easier because you don't have to stay on your toes with all the unexpected things that might happen on live TV on the sidelines. The announcers don't have to interview frustrated coaches and players without asking annoying questions. The sideline job takes an incredible amount of composure. Hardly anyone I know in the communication field - myself included - can truly pull it off the way Andrews and all the other sideline reporters do.

LOnger than men: THis must be a joke as women are outta the booth by around 40. But, to even compare Andrews to KOlber is hilarious. Kolber was an original anchor of THE Deuce back in 93 a full 7 years after college.She serves as a sideline reporter, anchor and PRODUCER. Get back to me when Andrews actual works at a desk.

As for Oliver...again, dont' compare andrews to a woman who at least did the norm in tv..work one year at a different station, working her way from small market to large. 10 years of service before espn.

I didn't *compare* Erin to Pam Oliver and Suzy Kolber. I used them as examples of successful older women in the sports broadcasting business. Get back to me when you know anything about the talent it takes to make a career in broadcasting

It really kills you to think of this woman (Andrews) having a successful long-term career in b'casting, doesn't it? You refuse to believe that a woman can be both beautiful and talented? Getting a sense of your beliefs from other posts on this forum, I really doubt you feel this way. But that's exactly what you are conveying on this topic.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM

Bigguns, don't be an arrogant prick. You know absolutely nothing about live broadcasting. I conceded that her looks play a role, but you still can't land the job without talent - this is an incredibly difficult and competitive field. Do you have some kind of insecurity or resentment against smart, beautiful women? You can't even begin to fathom that she might be good-looking AND incredibly talented? The in-booth job is easier because you don't have to stay on your toes with all the unexpected things that might happen on live TV on the sidelines. The announcers don't have to interview frustrated coaches and players without asking annoying questions. The sideline job takes an incredible amount of composure. Hardly anyone I know in the communication field - myself included - can truly pull it off the way Andrews and all the other sideline reporters do.

I didn't *compare* Erin to Pam Oliver and Suzy Kolber. I used them as examples of successful older women in the sports broadcasting business. Get back to me when you know anything about the talent it takes to make a career in broadcasting

It really kills you to think of this woman (Andrews) having a successful long-term career in b'casting, doesn't it? You refuse to believe that a woman can be both beautiful and talented? Getting a sense of your beliefs from other posts on this forum, I really doubt you feel this way. But that's exactly what you are conveying on this topic.

I know more than you think. ARe you kidding me about live...she talks maybe for 1/2 minutes at time...and interviews the coach going into the locker. Give me a break.

As for hard/talented...your example of Guerrero proved exactly the opposite. SHe was given the job without any of the criteria you talked about.

ANdrews is no different than any of the "hosts" on the E channel.

Inbooth: I didn't refer to that..i was referring to the live announcers..the play by play "guy" and the color "guy."

Andrews is there because she is a hot chick..and the spectators and the events she covers are 80% guys..and they love being around her.

Problem with SMart/talented women. Um, sorry, you have it wrong. I'm quite use to that...you might wanna meet my mom. Unquestionably smarter than 99% of the women out there..and decent looking.

YOu gave examples of kolber/Oliver...and I refuted them because they are good looking women who actually did a REAL REPORTING job. They paid their dues and worked their way up.

Andrews did not put in the time like Oliver or Kolber..that is the point. She was hired on her looks. Is she competent..yes. But, give me a break. There are literally hundreds of her out there...waiting. Some, obviously not as good looking who are better at interviewing,etc. who will never get the job.

As for longevity..i stated, get back to me when she gets to do more than sideline reporting.

And, for the record, i could care less if she has a long career. I enjoy watching her, but she, like most of the women are flavors of the month. Do i agree with this..not really. But, she and the rest will be lucky to have a long career. And, unfortunately she won't be on the air if she slides into Chris Berman size...or Shelly SMith size...who btw, is an EXCELLENT reporter, who does excellent work, who is far from being hot. ANd, i don't see Andrews having the chops to really report.

And, that is the bottom line. If she is so talented...shouldn't she be able to do that job at a more relaxed physical standard? Not fat...but, let's say closer to normal.

You and i both know that she won't be on the air the minute she loses her looks...yet, a man will be able to be on the air if he slides...well, into obesity like Berman..or looks like Charley Steiner....or just gets older and softer like Bob Ley. The day a woman is doing color and looks like Paul maguire...well, then we can talk.

Bretsky
05-31-2008, 07:28 PM
As for hard/talented...your example of Guerrero proved exactly the opposite. SHe was given the job without any of the criteria you talked about.

I'd think that Guerroro bombing proves that you have to be dam good to stay and it's not just about looks.

And, that is the bottom line. If she is so talented...shouldn't she be able to do that job at a more relaxed physical standard? Not fat...but, let's say closer to normal.

IMO you tend to exaggerate, but wow.......this is way out there. To suggest she could not do her job at less than what she looks like........well........that's out there and their is little evidence either way to support this.

3irty1
05-31-2008, 07:58 PM

I'd think that Guerroro bombing proves that you have to be dam good to stay and it's not just about looks.

IMO you tend to exaggerate, but wow.......this is way out there. To suggest she could not do her job at less than what she looks like........well........that's out there and their is little evidence either way to support this.

This thread definitely wouldn't exist if she didn't look this good... is it really that hard to believe she wouldn't have a job either?

Bretsky
05-31-2008, 09:09 PM

This thread definitely wouldn't exist if she didn't look this good... is it really that hard to believe she wouldn't have a job either?

Is it really that hard to belive she's qualified and good at what she does when ingnoring the looks ?

I've never tried to argue looks does not help her get a job.....but I don't buy the anybody can do it who has confidence mentality either

MadtownPacker
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Problem with SMart/talented women. Um, sorry, you have it wrong. I'm quite use to that...you might wanna meet my mom. Unquestionably smarter than 99% of the women out there..and decent looking.

Ahh, we finally get the truth we have been waiting for...

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Anthony-Perkins-Bates-Mansion-psycho-77634_285_411.jpg

Zool
06-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Norman?
Norman, who is it?

Scott Campbell
06-02-2008, 09:05 AM

Ahh, we finally get the truth we have been waiting for...

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Anthony-Perkins-Bates-Mansion-psycho-77634_285_411.jpg

ROFL

Its always about the Mommy issues.

oregonpackfan
06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Norman Bates is the poster child for telling our daughters to be wary of the guy who still lives with his mother...

Freak Out
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
99 percent Norman.

mraynrand
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
All this discussion really makes me long for Eric Dickerson. He defined class. he defined grace under pressure. The consummate professional. Not one to use tired cliches. He gave 110% 110% of the time. He had the talent and the looks. Please come back to us Eric!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/scorecard/10/25/top10.entertainment/p1_dickerson.jpg