PDA

View Full Version : Goodell to set fan conduct policy

CaliforniaCheez
05-23-2008, 07:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8169916?MSNHPHMA

The article discusses bad behavior and drunkeness. Near the end though it says:

"Thankfully, not every stadium becomes Thunderdome when an opposing fan steps foot in it. God bless Lambeau Field.

My friend Dan attended the NFC Championship game in Green Bay in his Eli Manning jersey. Not only did he emerge unscathed, he received a grudging Midwestern respect for making the trek and for the gritty performance of his team.

Check out this[they have a link there] news report on how Giants fans were greeted in Green Bay. And not one woman implored to expose her breasts.

Oh, that all NFL cities could be Green Bay."

MJZiggy
05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Goodell can't control the players--he thinks he'll control the fans?

CaliforniaCheez
05-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Goodell can't control the players--he thinks he'll control the fans?

I think he wants to avert a ban on alcohol sales. The alcohol companys spend a lot of money advertizing on NFL publications and broadcasts. Stadium alcohol bans could reduce revenue for the league more ways than one.

MJZiggy
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I know. I was joking (well sort of anyway). I think setting forth and enforcing some sort of conduct policy is actually quite a good idea.

BallHawk
05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Looking at that video brought back memories of that game.....memories I thought I had banished.

Damn, how did we lose?

Gunakor
05-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Looking at that video brought back memories of that game.....memories I thought I had banished.

Damn, how did we lose?

That question brings up bad memories....