PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young considered retirement?

Brando19
05-23-2008, 09:43 PM
From PFT:

Wow, that Madden curse thing really is strong. Last year, it almost persuaded the guy featured on the cover of the game to retire.

Titans quarterback Vince Young tells Thomas George of NFL.com that Young considered quitting football after his rookie season.

“I really thought long and hard about it,” Young said. “There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn’t fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things.

“My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God’s calling for me. Play football. Be a role model.”

Drink tequila from the bottle in public. Take off your shirt. Drink some more tequila.

So what has changed in a year? “Now I can handle this kind of stuff without it making me want to give up football,” Young said. “I learned that 24/7 I’m representing the Titans and, especially, the kids all over I am trying to influence. I look at my man Michael Vick. I learned from that. I look at Pacman. I learned from that. I look at some troubles recently for rappers T.I. and Lil Wayne, guys I listen to. I learned from them. I’ve learned from my life.

“You can get too much going on where you can’t control it anymore. No matter how much money you get, no matter how much comes your way, you have to control yourself. I know it’s up to me. I can’t get too big for my britches.”

Sure you can. All you have to do is take them off.

And then drink some more tequila.

Rastak
05-23-2008, 09:49 PM
I wish shithead Vick would have thought the same and followed through with it.

RashanGary
05-23-2008, 10:01 PM
VY is a naturally big dude. He looks like 50 cent.

the_idle_threat
05-23-2008, 11:38 PM
One year and he considered giving it up? Wow. Sure makes you wonder how long he'll be committed to the game. Not what you wanna hear from your supposed QB of the future.

Patler
05-24-2008, 05:14 AM
One year and he considered giving it up? Wow. Sure makes you wonder how long he'll be committed to the game. Not what you wanna hear from your supposed QB of the future.

Do you think the outrageous money he made before ever playing a down in the NFL might have sapped his desire??? :lol:

woodbuck27
05-24-2008, 11:02 AM
A surprising story on a youg QB with an amazing future.

Sophmore seasons are really tough on many good future PRO's.

hoosier
05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
A surprising story on a youg QB with an amazing future.

Sophmore seasons are really tough on many good future PRO's.

I'm not sure how amazing his future will be. If I had to bet, I'd bet Vince Young turns out to be closer to Vick (professionally speaking) than to a HOF QB. Especially if TN continues to surround him with mediocre talent on offense.