View Full Version : The 80's

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
The 80's were great!!

Watching Prince's Purple Rain.

Good times back then.

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/Prince_PurpleRain_single.jpg/200px-Prince_PurpleRain_single.jpg

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:26 PM
What were you doing.............what was fun?

BallHawk
05-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I remember watching Duran Duran's videos on MTV. That was pretty cool. I also remember voting for Reagen. That was cool, too.

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:39 PM
I remember watching Duran Duran's videos on MTV. That was pretty cool. I also remember voting for Reagen. That was cool, too.
Voting in the 80's? What were you, 5 yrs. old? :wink:

regardless, is voting in the 80's the best you got? :P

Bretsky
05-24-2008, 11:40 PM
80's ?

Gosh you are pretty old for doing your own yardwork :lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Purple Rain. Ewwe, she just threw his earring back at him. Is that like the biggest slap in the face back then? lol

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:42 PM
80's ?

HUSH!!

Have I explained what HUSH means? It's the polite way of saying STFU!! :P

and you know I'm always polite. :P

BallHawk
05-24-2008, 11:43 PM

Would rocking my Rubix's Cube and playing Trivial Pursuit be any better?

texaspackerbacker
05-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I finished up ten years in the army at the end of the 70s and started a fun and rewarding decade plus in the real estate business--good income and a ton of spare time to enjoy it.

We also had kids born in '77, '81, '82, and '88, so it was a fun and rewarding time family-wise too. Also, both my parents were alive and well and retired and comfortable, so there was plenty of enjoyment there too.

As wonderful as the 80s were, though, the 90s and 00s have been pretty nice too--and much better from a Packer/Badger point of view.

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:44 PM

What the hell were you doing to that cube?????????

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:45 PM

You need to come out of the closet dude.....imagine how free you will feel!!

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:48 PM
I finished up ten years in the army at the end of the 70s and started a fun and rewarding decade plus in the real estate business--good income and a ton of spare time to enjoy it.

We also had kids born in '77, '81, '82, and '88, so it was a fun and rewarding time family-wise too. Also, both my parents were alive and well and retired and comfortable, so there was plenty of enjoyment there too.

As wonderful as the 80s were, though, the 90s and 00s have been pretty nice too--and much better from a Packer/Badger point of view.

The 80's and 90's were great. The 00's have been rough.....real, real rough. Better times coming I hope!!

BallHawk
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM

The freeness I would feel would not surpass the shelter I receive by placing myself in the persona of a 15 year old. It shields me from the hazards of the real world.

Bretsky
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM
80's ?

HUSH!!

Have I explained what HUSH means? It's the polite way of saying STFU!! :P

and you know I'm always polite. :P

notes that 007 is sexy when she gets a bit catty

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:53 PM

The freeness I would feel would not surpass the shelter I receive by placing myself in the persona of a 15 year old. It shields me from the hazards of the real world.

Deep seeded problems.............seek help, NOW!! :P :wink:

Who wants to place them self in the persona of a 15 year old and still be a virgin??? At least I can claim to be a born again virgin. :D :P

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:56 PM

She's over-tired, was too pooped to make dinner, had 2 drinks and should go to bed before she acts silly.

what doesa catty mean? :?:

I don't even like cats

BallHawk
05-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Who wants to place them self in the persona of a 15 year old and still be a virgin???

A 40-year old virgin who hides behind his fake persona so he can believe that he still has a chance at getting laid.

Not saying that's what I'm doing. :whist:

GrnBay007
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Here comes the best part of the movie.....he sings purple rain. Is anyone else watching? I thought this could be like a game thread.

Bretsky
05-25-2008, 12:01 AM

She's over-tired, was too pooped to make dinner, had 2 drinks and should go to bed before she acts silly.

I don't even like cats

Cat like Fiestiness....aka...acting angry

Men often enjoy referring to gals at Catty...fiesty...because we can then think of Cat fights........aka.......chick to chick stuff

GrnBay007
Who wants to place them self in the persona of a 15 year old and still be a virgin???

A 40-year old virgin who hides behind his fake persona so he can believe that he still has a chance at getting laid.

Hey, that was a good movie. Nothing wrong with a 40 year old virgin.

So you're 40?

texaspackerbacker

The 80's and 90's were great. The 00's have been rough.....real, real rough. Better times coming I hope!!

Not to turn this into a political discussion or anything, but what's so bad about the present? All things considered, I think life is better now than at any time in my 61 years of life--more because of technological advances than anything else. Wouldn't you agree, 007?

BallHawk
05-25-2008, 12:03 AM

Hey, that was a good movie. Nothing wrong with a 40 year old virgin.

So you're 40?

43 years, 2 months, and 6 days to be exact.

The charade is over.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:03 AM

I don't even like cats

Men often enjoy referring to gals at Catty...fiesty...because we can then think of Cat fights........aka.......chick to chick stuff

B!
B!
B!

Get off the chic to chic stuff......ICK ICK ICK ICK

Bretsky
05-25-2008, 12:04 AM

I don't even like cats

B!
B!
B!

Get off the chic to chic stuff......ICK ICK ICK ICK

You are the one who asked for the definition of Catty; you bring out the worst in me :!: :evil:

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2008, 12:05 AM

I'm thinking ballhawk is about 70. We should have a poll to guess your real age. At the end, you tell us.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:05 AM

The charade is over.

:clap: :bclap: :wave:

:five: :tup:

OK....now, are you lying? LOL :P :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2008, 12:06 AM

The charade is over.

Well, I hadn't gotten to this yet, and I would have been off. Now I need to know if you've ever even met somebody from England.
:D

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:07 AM
He's playing Purple Rain......isn't that just the best? Great song.

BallHawk
05-25-2008, 12:09 AM

That's the thing, you can never tell if I'm just joking or I'm actually coming out and saying my real age.

Wheels keep on turning....

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2008, 12:10 AM

I liked Prince. Great musician, but once the calender hit 2000, he was no longer very relevant. Get with the new century woman.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Not to turn this into a political discussion or anything, but what's so bad about the present? All things considered, I think life is better now than at any time in my 61 years of life--more because of technological advances than anything else. Wouldn't you agree, 007?

Nothing to do with politics Tex. We have 2 years left of the 00's. Already went through a divorce, the death of my father, oldest brother and my mom diagnosed with Alzheimers. Politics have been the least of my concerns over the last several years. Sometimes that stuff just doesn't matter.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM

I liked Prince. Great musician, but once the calender hit 2000, he was no longer very relevant. Get with the new century woman.

LOL movie was on and it brought back memories..............

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:21 AM

That's the thing, you can never tell if I'm just joking or I'm actually coming out and saying my real age.

Wheels keep on turning....

Well then...........You ARE going to the posters game this year then. No getting out of it now!

Actually we should team up and surprise everyone......I could con all but about 2. They would play along....they are what you guys would say are my bitches....lol :P

BallHawk
05-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Two people will show up at the Posters' Game this year in Ruvell Martin jerseys There will be a man in his 40s and boy in his teens. One of them will be BallHawk.

But which one is?

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Two people will show up at the Posters' Game this year in Ruvell Martin jerseys There will be a man in his 40s and boy in his teens. One of them will be BallHawk.

But which one is?

LOL!!! You never give up!

Looking forward to it either way.

BallHawk
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
This adds the question.

If I am a man of 40 that pretends to be 15 should I be trusted having custody of a child? :shock:

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 12:42 AM
This adds the question.

If I am a man of 40 that pretends to be 15 should I be trusted having custody of a child? :shock:

True. You are a freak!! :P

Or you have some weird fears of the internet and were afraid to state your age.

Or you are 15 and were hired to plant yourself to this site to see if any pervs latched on to you.

I'd put my money on the 40 something rather than the 15 yr. old.

BallHawk
05-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I'd put my money on the 40 something rather than the 15 yr. old.

You know, I was joking about the showing up at the Posters game idea but now I'm thinking I might go through with it. That idea of mine is pretty awesome. Of course, I'd have to educate my dad OR son to get him up to speed with the characters of PR, but it could be done.

Alright, time to book some flights to Wisconsin. :D

Zool
05-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Dream if you will a picture

Iron Mike
05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
And if de-elevator tries 2 bring u down
Go crazy - punch a higher floor

Deputy Nutz
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
To me the 80s were about the one and only, A-Team!!!!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_3472~The-A-Team-Posters.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
05-25-2008, 05:30 PM
The 80's were great!!

Watching Prince's Purple Rain.

Good times back then.

Just saw Prince at Coachella. I highly advise everyone to catch his show, it is like a Ray Charles act now.

It was amazing...all the hits that he sang, plus the ones that others made famous.

Then, boom...out comes Morris Day and Jerome...owee owee oh...JUNGLE LOVE!!!

Then, boom...out comes Shiela E...She wants to live..the glamorous life..

Harlan Huckleby
05-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I'd love to see a Prince show.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Just saw Prince at Coachella. I highly advise everyone to catch his show, it is like a Ray Charles act now.

It was amazing...all the hits that he sang, plus the ones that others made famous.

Wow! Great show!

Tyrone Bigguns
05-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Wow! Great show!

Yes. It certainly was. 2 plus hours.

His act now, is more like a revue...Las Vegas style. This ain't Prince and the Revolution.

Prince is quite content to let others shine on stage.

Joemailman
05-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I guess I'll always be partial to the Rolling Thunder Revue.
Left to right: Roger McGuinn, Joni Mitchell(?), Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Rob Stoner.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/thidarat2006/Apr07/concertdylan1.jpg

Freak Out
05-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess I'll always be partial to the Rolling Thunder Revue.
Left to right: Roger McGuinn, Joni Mitchell(?), Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Rob Stoner.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/thidarat2006/Apr07/concertdylan1.jpg

I'll second that.

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2008, 12:15 AM

Nothing to do with politics Tex. We have 2 years left of the 00's. Already went through a divorce, the death of my father, oldest brother and my mom diagnosed with Alzheimers. Politics have been the least of my concerns over the last several years. Sometimes that stuff just doesn't matter.

Sorry to hear that, 007. I've had both my parents die this decade too, and some rather soap opera-like battling between two of my daughters, but all things considered, I still think times are damn good--mainly because of technology. The 80s and 90s were fine, but I ask myself how I spent my time back then compared to how I spend it now, and I'll take NOW anytime. It's not that way for you?

It may be a minor point, but this is a Packers forum, after all. It's only the past few years that I have been able to see so many Packer games, as well as a lot of Badger stuff down here--or anywhere in the country.