Partial
05-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Amazing group.

BallHawk
05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
What makes them so amazing?

Partial
05-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Many things really. Nothing like a good sappy song every now and again.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I like country, and I pretty much hate that group--except for a couple of songs.

Partial
05-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Well Harv, good thing you're not my roomate because you'd have listened to about 10 different RF songs this evening.

Deputy Nutz
05-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Could you be anymore glam? Nothinig like getting down to glam country.

Nothing personal Partial but I hate that fucking group more than the New Kids on the Block.

Partial
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Why all the hate? They're not even country. They're "country", aka pop country.

They produce hits and good tunes to listen to. That's the bottom line imo.

Deputy Nutz
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Why all the hate? They're not even country. They're "country", aka pop country.

They produce hits and good tunes to listen to. That's the bottom line imo.

I guess pop country has a home with you, thats fine, I can't stand it.

Now if you want to talk about that Taylor Swift then I will have a conversation or two about her. She is more country than Rascal Farts.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I like even some of the pop country out there, but they take it too far.

Give me Waylon Jennings any day.

Tarlam!
05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I didn't know of either but, YouTube broke those barriers pretty quick.

I could listen to either choice.

I like the Dixie Chicks!

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Give me Waylon Jennings any day.

Cowboys ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold. They'd rather give you a
song than diamonds or gold.

Yeah, Waylon and Willie were great!

Zool
05-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I'll listen to country in the funeral home while they're embalming me.

MJZiggy
05-25-2008, 06:48 PM

You're much more tolerant of it than I am.

GrnBay007
05-25-2008, 06:48 PM

:lol:

No fun then....you can't have a beer and talk about your troubles! :D

twoseven
05-26-2008, 03:58 AM
there's a tear in my beer 'cause i'm cryin' for ya dear..you been on my lonely mind. :cry:

twoseven
05-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Johnny Cash is the one that was amazing..I'll take songs like Tennessee Flat Top Box, Cocaine Blues, and Get Rythmn over anything the moderns can muster, no contest, and my favorite genre is hard rock/metal, how's that for perspective..I've yet to hear anything that man played that I didn't love immediately.

Recipe for too many young artists' country success today, it seems..write a goofy pop song and sing it with a southern drawl.

Iron Mike
05-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Recipe for too many young artists' country success today, it seems..write a goofy pop song and sing it with a southern drawl.

Then again, it's pretty easy to dismiss ANY style of music as being formulaic.

Iron Mike
05-26-2008, 06:00 AM

Ever seen the movie Phantasm?

Something tells me this guy doesn't listen to a bunch of country music on the job.
http://retrodc.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/phantasm.jpg

LL2
05-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I think with Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood, you see country trying to get a younger audience.

To like true country you have to like Johnny Cash or Randy Travis, and I almost bought a Johnny Cash favorite hits CD. Recently I like Rodney Atkins and Keith Urban. I have not listened to Rascal Flatts for some reason, and maybe I will give them a try someday. I've always liked country, along with other kids of music, but now that I'm in my mid-30's and getting older I find myself listening to country more. I get this look :roll: from my wife a lot.

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2008, 10:08 AM
now that I'm in my mid-30's and getting older I find myself listening to country more.

Same here. Never liked it much in high school. It was for the "goat ropers." Now, I mostly listed to sports talk and country when I'm driving around.

twoseven
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM

Ever seen the movie Phantasm?

'..you play a good game, boy,. but now the game is over!'

(sure, go ahead and tape a 12 gauge shotgun round to a hammer and hit a locked door sometime..I'm sure it will work just like it did in the movie.) :)

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I won't even listen to country on the radio because of bands like Rascal Fatts. That lead singer and his high pitched wail is just too much for me. Give me Toby Keith, and my main man George Strait and I am a happy man.

I am a die hard Johnny Cash fan, I like a little Willie(ha ha ha), and Hank Jr.

GrnBay007
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Tim McGraw is good too.

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Give me Toby Keith, and my main man George Strait and I am a happy man.

I like George--although I liked his old stuff better. I'm not sure he should get nominated for male artist of the year every year. I don't think Brooks & Dunn deserve the duo award every year either.

Brad Paisley just puts out good country songs. Much like Garth used to do.

Carrie Underwood has a great voice, and I put her in a group of great female voices with such gals as Patsy Cline, LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, and Trisha Yearwood.

I think Tim McGraw's music has gotten better with age--even though the media attention on him has declined.

Jason Aldean and Josh Turner are couple of young guys I like.

Old school folks I've always liked include Waylon, Hank Jr. and Sr., Dwight Yoakam, Garth, Loretta Lynn, and Tanya Tucker.

I like Toby. I don't like Trace Adkins much.

One alternative country artist I like is Wade Bowen.

GrnBay007
05-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Carrie Underwood has a great voice, and I put her in a group of great female voices with such gals as Patsy Cline, LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, and Trisha Yearwood.

Old school folks I've always liked include Waylon, Hank Jr. and Sr., Dwight Yoakam, Garth, Loretta Lynn, and Tanya Tucker.

The females you listed all have great voices but I don't know if I'd put them in a group with Patsy Cline. She was unique. Awesome voice.

Little Whiskey
05-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Great thread Patial. However, I disagree with your choice of country music artist.

FYI, Zool I can help you with your request. 8-) this is the hitman avartar

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Give me Toby Keith, and my main man George Strait and I am a happy man.

I like George--although I liked his old stuff better. I'm not sure he should get nominated for male artist of the year every year. I don't think Brooks & Dunn deserve the duo award every year either.

Brad Paisley just puts out good country songs. Much like Garth used to do.

I think Tim McGraw's music has gotten better with age--even though the media attention on him has declined.

Jason Aldean and Josh Turner are couple of young guys I like.

I like Toby. I don't like Trace Adkins much.

One alternative country artist I like is Wade Bowen.

I don't like Trace Adkins, nice guy, but don't like his music. I forgot to mention Dwight. One year my buddy and I traveled around all the fairs in the midwest that he was performing at.

Garth was awesome, I understand him having to get out of the lime light. He was ungodly popular, it was like when the Beatles stopped performing, he couldn't go anywhere without getting mobbed.

Big n Rich have a lot of soul in their music, I really got on their bandwagon a couple of years ago.