PDA

View Full Version : TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM
of all the low life back stabbing things i've seen in my life

from PFT

COWBOYS FANS WILL FUEL UP ON MILLER BEER
Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2008, 10:06 a.m.

As folks who attend Dallas Cowboys games attempt to comply with the NFL’s new fan conduct policy, they’ll have to resist the effects of Miller beer.

For the next 30 years.

According to SportsBusiness Journal, the Cowboys and Miller have entered into a three-decade sponsorship agreement, which will pay a whopping $8 million annually for the first ten years.

Hopefully, no one will be ejected as a result of brawls that break out with the respect to the epic “less filling, tastes great” debate.

oregonpackfan
05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
On a positive financial twist, think of the Texas dollars flowing into Wisconsin.

cpk1994
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
On a positive financial twist, think of the Texas dollars flowing into Wisconsin.Since Miller is merging with Coors and moving to Colorado, there is no money pouring into Wisconsin. :cry:

PlantPage55
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
On a positive financial twist, think of the Texas dollars flowing into Wisconsin.Since Miller is merging with Coors and moving to Colorado, there is no money pouring into Wisconsin. :cry:

I know - and now I have to forsake Miller Genuine Draft as my "common" beer of choice, because I always supported the great state of Wisconsin. I feel empty.

oregonpackfan
05-26-2008, 10:43 AM

Dang! Damn corporate mergers!

BlueBrewer
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Since Miller has been owned by South African Brewing for the past several years it is all meaningless.

bobblehead
05-26-2008, 10:46 AM
this is what happens when you live in a state that has a punishing regulatory and fiscal policy. Businesses...gasp...leave and look for a better operating environment. Same goes on a federal level, don't blame a corporation for moving to "cheap labor" countries, its the lack of regulatory burden that entices them to move, and that my friends is put in by the federal gov't.

That being said, I still love wisconsin and plan on moving back when I retire.

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
I hadn't heard of this merger, so I looked it up on Yahoo Search. Coors and Miller are also uniting with Molson of Canada.

The most recent news, however, is that they are all merging with a company called Lagunitas--presumably of Mexico.

You know what that means! NAFTA rears its ugly head again. Big Beer is making a run for the border. Pretty soon, Miller, Coors, and Molson will ALL be made in Mexico

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Bastards!

PlantPage55
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I hadn't heard of this merger, so I looked it up on Yahoo Search. Coors and Miller are also uniting with Molson of Canada.

The most recent news, however, is that they are all merging with a company called Lagunitas--presumably of Mexico.

You know what that means! NAFTA rears its ugly head again. Big Beer is making a run for the border. Pretty soon, Miller, Coors, and Molson will ALL be made in Mexico

BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA! WITH THEIR BEADY LITTLE EYES AND FLAPPIN' HEADS ALL FULL OF LIES!

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Ruh-roh... :drma:

Tarlam!
05-26-2008, 11:25 AM
And this thread is not in RR because..... ?

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Cause no one's moved it yet???

red
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
And this thread is not in RR because..... ?

it has to do with football

and they are also a sponsor of the pack

two timing sons of bitches

pbmax
05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Let's hope Uecker isn't part of the package.

cpk1994
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Let's hope Uecker isn't part of the package.Thats only for Usinger's. :D

CaliforniaCheez
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
I brew my own.

I don't like watery mass produced beer.

Guiness is about the only commercial beer I can tolerate but I like my ale a lot thicker.

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2008, 02:49 PM

Really? How do we know this? I didn't realize they were moving to Colorado. Considering Miller Brewing has a bigger share of the market, is a bigger company, and is older I don't think the move to Colorado is going to happen. As of now the two companies are going to most likely move headquarters to a neutral city, most likely Chicago.

None of the Breweries are going to be closed, so all 17 people that actually work at the Brewery in Milwaukee will keep their jobs. It is going to be all middle management positions that are going to be cut.

cpk1994
05-26-2008, 04:25 PM

Really? How do we know this? I didn't realize they were moving to Colorado. Considering Miller Brewing has a bigger share of the market, is a bigger company, and is older I don't think the move to Colorado is going to happen. As of now the two companies are going to most likely move headquarters to a neutral city, most likely Chicago.

None of the Breweries are going to be closed, so all 17 people that actually work at the Brewery in Milwaukee will keep their jobs. It is going to be all middle management positions that are going to be cut.We know this becuase Pete Coors, the CEO, already said so.

EDIT: Forget the above. No decision has been made but since Coors is taking in Miller it will probably be in Denver or Montrael, their co-HQ.

Rastak
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Seeing that it ranks slightly above potty water I wouldn't get too worked up.

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 04:32 PM
We need a new brand. I know no one would have any ideas around here on a substitute...

cpk1994
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
We need a new brand. I know no one would have any ideas around here on a substitute...Blatz. Its like $8 a case. :D

Rastak
05-26-2008, 04:39 PM
We need a new brand. I know no one would have any ideas around here on a substitute...Blatz. Its like $8 a case. :D

And tastes the same...

red
05-26-2008, 07:31 PM
We need a new brand. I know no one would have any ideas around here on a substitute...

point

digitaldean
05-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Could also try New Glarus Brewing Co.

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/Beers.cfm

Spotted Cow is their best. Classified as a farmhouse ale.

They also have a bunch of Weiss, Oktoberfest plus other fruit and seasonal beers.

Was going to recommend Leiny's but they are distributed by Miller.

Capital Brewery in Madison, WI is excellent. http://www.capital-brewery.com/ourbeers/index.html

MJZiggy
05-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't think we get that stuff out here. We do get Pete's Wicked and Dogfish Alehouse...

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2008, 09:03 AM
I am sticking with Miller, my wife's law firm has Miller as a client and at firm functions we drink Miller or nothing. Meaning if I want something else I have to pay. I am not paying.

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2008, 09:11 AM

None of the Breweries are going to be closed, so all 17 people that actually work at the Brewery in Milwaukee will keep their jobs. It is going to be all middle management positions that are going to be cut.We know this becuase Pete Coors, the CEO, already said so.

EDIT: Forget the above. No decision has been made but since Coors is taking in Miller it will probably be in Denver or Montrael, their co-HQ.

Taking in Miller? What? Miller has a bigger share of the market, they are the bigger company? It is a 50% merger, each company will hold a 50% stake.

Some reading for ya,
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=673024

Pete Coors is not going to be the CEO, Leo Kiely is, then it is going to be Miller President Tom Long after Kiely retires in a few years.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=746512

sheepshead
05-27-2008, 10:57 AM
of all the low life back stabbing things i've seen in my life

from PFT

COWBOYS FANS WILL FUEL UP ON MILLER BEER
Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2008, 10:06 a.m.

As folks who attend Dallas Cowboys games attempt to comply with the NFL’s new fan conduct policy, they’ll have to resist the effects of Miller beer.

For the next 30 years.

According to SportsBusiness Journal, the Cowboys and Miller have entered into a three-decade sponsorship agreement, which will pay a whopping $8 million annually for the first ten years.

Hopefully, no one will be ejected as a result of brawls that break out with the respect to the epic “less filling, tastes great” debate.

Only a whacked liberal would think any form of capitalism is a bad thing.

3irty1
05-27-2008, 11:39 AM
They already sponsor the Vikings and the Bears... Who really cares?

cpk1994
05-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Taking in Miller? What? Miller has a bigger share of the market, they are the bigger company? It is a 50% merger, each company will hold a 50% stake.

Some reading for ya,
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=673024

Pete Coors is not going to be the CEO, Leo Kiely is, then it is going to be Miller President Tom Long after Kiely retires in a few years.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=746512I know which is why I had the edit that says, "Forget the above".