PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's public practice

DonHutson
05-27-2008, 01:04 PM
For those who went to the last one, any guesses on how early you have to be there to be one of the lucky few that gets inside?

I'm free that day and I'm thinking about going, but it's a 2 hour drive so if I go I don't want to be #51 in line and left outside. But I'd also prefer not to leave at dawn if I don't have to.

Thoughts?

MadtownPacker
05-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Thoughts?Take video or pictures.

Sorry, I dont know a damn thing about practice.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI)

GBRulz
05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
My suggestion is to just wait until training camp so you know for sure that you'll be able to see them. Besides that, we were only allowed to watch about 20-25 minutes of practice last week.

M3 will be holding all OTA's inside to provide a "constant environment". Whatever that means. Now, does that mean that people won't be allowed inside because he has officially announced practice will be indoors? Not sure.

I am on the western part of the state this week, so no practice for me.

RashanGary
05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I work about 5 minutes down the road for Lambeau. I was going to go catch practice last week on a long lunch but I decided to stay for lunch and get out early.

This week and every week I have that same option. I could probably take a 3 hour lunch one day per week every week if I felt like it and I probably will when TC starts. I'll also catch most night practices.

Over my few years of watching practice, I think I'm narrowing down what info can and can't be used.

LB's, RB's and OL are hard to judge because none of the runs are full tackle and the angles are tough to see from where we sit. QB's are best judged by reading the stats that the media puts out after practice.

About the only thing I feel remotely confident judging is WR's and pass rushers (because they practice catching the ball and rushing the passer full speed and you can clearly see who won). If a WR keeps making plays and never drops the ball, then they've gone on to have good seasons (see Jennings, Jones and Ruvell a couple years ago when nobody thought he had a chance). If a DL keeps beating his guy and looks very explosive in the drills then those DL seem to go on to have success.