Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Lets get to the bottom of things

Bretsky
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bobblehead
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
he's not my favorite president, but your post pretty much sums up liberals :) I can't debate on an intellectual level, so I'll resort to name calling.

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2008, 01:54 AM
I think it was joke. Kind of funny--although I thought Tex's poll was fair and served a purpose.

bobblehead
05-28-2008, 02:02 AM
true, i read his post on the other thread after i read this. its a joke, kinda humerous even.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm often accused (usually by Harvey) of producing cooked polls, designed to spit out a particular outcome. It's true I narrow the questions to focus on a point, but I also attempt to offer answers that cover the range of opinions. It never works out completely, somebody always complains they don't agree with any of the options, but that's not intentional.

I thought Tex's poll was funny. It probably did divide people into Bush haters and supporters, but you had to be "miserable" to criticize Bush. And the only middle-ground option, even if Tex had managed to fully hunt-and-peck it into his Windows 98 computer, required you to take a particular attitude towards the media.

Sorry if I offended any Bush supporters or kid touchers with this poll, my sarcasm was pointed solely at Tex (and it's purely coincidental if he falls into one or both of these categories.)

texaspackerbacker
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I can't completely disagree with you, Harlan. Obviously, I TRIED to make my poll fair and balanced, although, the little digs that you mentioned really were there--I just couldn't resist at least subtly twisting the knife.

Really though, do you know any happy liberals--all the ones you see on TV seem to have that same pained look on their face. They just aren't comfortable just relaxing and enjoying the wonderfulness of America like we America-loving conservatives do--hence, the use of the word "miserable".

As for the other thing you said, my words were: "believe the reports of". I resisted the temptation to say "bogus reports", even though the ONLY way somebody could conclude that times have been bad under Bush/because of Bush would be bogus media reports.

BTW, Harlan, a couple of days ago, you referred to the Bush presidency as "atrocious" or "atrocity" or something like that. I challenged you to state why with details that you could make such a wrongheaded comment. In typical liberal fashion, you failed to do so.

I left you out, Harlan, when characterizing the forum leftists as "testicularly challenged" because you have had such a healthy attitude about scumbag Obama and because many times, you do discuss issues--as the others don't seem capable of doing. Hopefully, you will show some courage and state WHY you referred to the Bush presidency that way--against all evidence.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Tex, I'm avoiding an argument about the Bush years because you ignore so much information. You don't recognize that Iraq has been a disaster. Why has most of the middle class been forced to flee Iraq? You say the economy is fine other than than the bad luck of gas prices. What about the mortgage crises? Where were the regulators when all these banks got overexteneded?

Scott Campbell
05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
............ but you had to be "miserable" to criticize Bush.

I thought you were miserable, so what's the damned problem?

Tyrone Bigguns
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
he's not my favorite president, but your post pretty much sums up liberals :) I can't debate on an intellectual level, so I'll resort to name calling.

Ah, the standard lack of humor shown by conservatives. They can't appreciate being ribbed, so the trot out the familiar pablum that liberals can't debate at intellectual level. Ho hum.

MJZiggy
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I can't completely disagree with you, Harlan. Obviously, I TRIED to make my poll fair and balanced, although, the little digs that you mentioned really were there--I just couldn't resist at least subtly twisting the knife.

Really though, do you know any happy liberals--all the ones you see on TV seem to have that same pained look on their face. They just aren't comfortable just relaxing and enjoying the wonderfulness of America like we America-loving conservatives do--hence, the use of the word "miserable".

As for the other thing you said, my words were: "believe the reports of". I resisted the temptation to say "bogus reports", even though the ONLY way somebody could conclude that times have been bad under Bush/because of Bush would be bogus media reports.

BTW, Harlan, a couple of days ago, you referred to the Bush presidency as "atrocious" or "atrocity" or something like that. I challenged you to state why with details that you could make such a wrongheaded comment. In typical liberal fashion, you failed to do so.

I left you out, Harlan, when characterizing the forum leftists as "testicularly challenged" because you have had such a healthy attitude about scumbag Obama and because many times, you do discuss issues--as the others don't seem capable of doing. Hopefully, you will show some courage and state WHY you referred to the Bush presidency that way--against all evidence.

You keep calling me a liberal and I'm happy enough. Laugh a lot and all that.

texaspackerbacker
05-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Ziggy, if you thought I was referring to you as "testicularly challenged", no way. You showed more ........ substance ...... in that area than those I WAS referring to--the pathetic leftists who can't/won't even discuss or defend the all out GARBAGE which constitutes leftist positions--and candidates. Those guys can't cite nature for their void in that area.

Harlan, nowadays, even most Dem/libs or whatever you may be calling yourself have come around to the concept that the war is anything but a disaster. It never was as bad as the media portrayed it, and things have improved so much that the leftists and their media sycophants had to conjure up a new fictional "disaster"--the economy--specifically, the mortgage "crisis". What is happening is no more than a correction after the runaway boom in prices. The evidence of this is that the "crisis" is mainly confined to states/areas where the boom was the most pronounced--California, Florida, Nevada, Washington, and a few big cities elsewhere.

Do you not remember when interest was literally more than twice what it is now--and the subsequent super-high rate of foreclosures several times in the 70s, 80s, and 90s? Then it was hardly even news because the Dem/libs weren't so desperate for an issue to rant about.

There's no crisis here in Texas--or in Oklahoma or Missouri or across the south and Rockie Mountain areas. I would guess it isn't much of a crisis in Wisconsin either. And most experts predict it will turn back up in the second half of '08.

As for gas prices, I don't recall citing "bad luck" as the cause. I'm not sure what the cause is, although wacko environmentalist crap preventing drilling and refineries has to be a prime cause. The point I made is that IT'S NO BIG DEAL. The additional money we are spending is NOT enough to be more than an annoyance for most people, and on a macro-economic level, we don't have significant inflation even WITH high oil/gas prices, deficits brought on by the war and security considerations, etc.

So I ask you again, where's the crisis? What is the "atrocity" you rant and cry about regarding the Bush presidency?

Scott Campbell
05-29-2008, 06:53 AM

Yeah, but think how much happier you'd be as a conservative. :lol:

hoosier
05-29-2008, 07:55 AM

Yeah, but think how much happier you'd be as a conservative. :lol:

That's right, you could look like this: http://www.spokesmanreview.com/stories/2006/apr/16/sr_16cheney1_04-16-2006_HJ7B7IA.jpg

Or this: http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2005/Nixon-Cambodia-Cover-Up17nov05.gif

Scott Campbell
05-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Your 2nd link didn't work. Conservatives typically don't have those sort of problems. :lol:

hoosier
05-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Your 2nd link didn't work. Conservatives typically don't have those sort of problems. :lol:

It was Tricky Dick that done it, not me :lol: