PDA

View Full Version : Players missing today's OTA

Bossman641
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't kill the messenger. I just find it strange that McCarthy said last week that Favre would be in practice all week and then today it doesn't appear as though he were present. The rest of these guys need to show up as well, especially Woodson and Pickett.

Favre a no-show at Packers practice

By Dylan B. Tomlinson
PackersNews.com

On Friday, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that quarterback Brett Favre would be in attendance during the entire second week of organized team activities.

So when Favre was a no-show at Monday morning’s practice, it was only natural that some people would be curious about his whereabouts.

McCarthy was not scheduled to meet with the media on Monday. When asked through the Packers public relations staff to address Favre’s absence, McCarthy refused.

McCarthy had previously said that he expected Favre to participate in 10 of the 14 OTAs and said several times that he wanted to limit Favre’s throws in practice, but there still was no official explanation why he was absent on Monday.

A team source said Favre was “believed to be in the building” at Lambeau Field, but Favre’s car wasn’t in his regular parking spot and several players said they had not seen him all day.

“I have no idea where he is,” receiver Donald Driver said. “These are optional workouts and sometimes guys have plans.”

Favre is scheduled to meet with the media on Thursday and will hold his annual charity softball game on Sunday in Grand Chute.

Favre wasn’t the only player missing in action on Monday. Cornerback Ahmad Carroll missed Friday’s practice for personal reasons and McCarthy said he expected him back on Sunday, but Carroll was not at Monday’s practice.

Cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, defensive tackle Ryan Pickett and fullback William Henderson also missed Monday’s practice. Harris, Woodson and Pickett have yet to make an appearance at the OTAs, but Henderson practiced on Thursday and Friday last week. Linebacker A.J. Hawk is not eligible to practice until he is finished with his college final exams, which means he will likely arrive later this week.

Receiver Rod Gardner and safety Mark Roman made their first appearances of the OTAs on Monday.

Guiness
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Glad to see Gardner was there. Picket damnwell better get there!

Guess I'm less concerned about Woodson. Corners are out there on an island anyways, I don't think 'scheme' makes much difference. I guess he's got to know when he has safety help deep.

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 06:42 PM
I watched that interview and Coach Mac did NOT say Brett would be in attendance. He said his is not willing to get into the minutia of Brett Favre's schedule.

Homer Jay
06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
What? Favre missed another pseudo-practice with shorts and no pads? Let's face it the Packers are toast.

Patler
06-05-2006, 08:59 PM
If Favre is not to be criticized for missing, then neither should the others.
If the others are criticized, so too should Favre be criticized.

I do not see a difference in Favre's attendance or absence and that of any other player.

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm not so concerned with Favre missing today, as it could have been a day for Brett to get with the Organizers of his Charity Softball Game this weekend but Ahmad Carroll and of course Ryan Pickett should be there as much as anyone.

WTFrig is with Ryan Pickett?

Has Bubba Franks been attending the OTA's? Anyone ?

Patler
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm not concerned about Favre missing either, just as I'm not that concerned with anyone else missing a few. I'm concerend only with those who attend none, or just a handful. I would think each player should be able to get here for more than half, and most should be able to attend at least 10 of the 14..

MadtownPacker
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM

Thats what Im wondering. Packers put all of Grady's chips on Pickett. He should at least show up for one to meet his new teammates. Just to say whats up and let eveyone know your onboard.

Patler
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM
"Green Bay -- Quarterback Brett Favre took part in a scheduled weightlifting session on Monday morning and was withheld from the Green Bay Packers' voluntary practice session as a result.

Favre's absence had seemed curious earlier in the day because coach Mike McCarthy -- who didn't speak to reporters following practice Monday -- said on Friday that Favre would be in attendance for the entire upcoming week.

McCarthy is scheduled to speak to reporters Tuesday, and Favre on Thursday for the first time since May 6."

I hope "as a result" in the 1st paragraph doesn't mean he hurt himself weightlifting!!!

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
"Green Bay -- Quarterback Brett Favre took part in a scheduled weightlifting session on Monday morning and was withheld from the Green Bay Packers' voluntary practice session as a result.

Favre's absence had seemed curious earlier in the day because coach Mike McCarthy -- who didn't speak to reporters following practice Monday -- said on Friday that Favre would be in attendance for the entire upcoming week.

McCarthy is scheduled to speak to reporters Tuesday, and Favre on Thursday for the first time since May 6."

I hope "as a result" in the 1st paragraph doesn't mean he hurt himself weightlifting!!!

Got this in the Rob Demovsky Chat thread here this evening on Favre:

Kimberly, Sheboygan, Wi: Rob, in the earlier post about Brett not at pratice today Drew Smith said he spotted Brett at Oneida Golf course.

Rob Demovsky: Kimberly- Brett is a member at Oneida Golf and Country Club, so that's possible.

billy_oliver880
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Farve took a large crap today!!! Lets write about it! :mrgreen:

Homer Jay
06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
That's my thought too, Billy. I know its a slow time and we all want to talk football, but who is at a voluntary workout and who is not is just about talked out. IMO.

billy_oliver880
06-05-2006, 10:36 PM
That's my thought too, Billy. I know its a slow time and we all want to talk football, but who is at a voluntary workout and who is not is just about talked out. IMO.

No flippen joke man.

the_idle_threat
06-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Thats what Im wondering. Packers put all of Grady's chips on Pickett. He should at least show up for one to meet his new teammates. Just to say whats up and let eveyone know your onboard.

Pickett was finally sighted today. He was weightlifting at the New China Buffet.