PDA

View Full Version : Favre's Locker

jramsey495
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Just read this on the jsonline blog:
Favre's Locker

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=5/29/2008&id=40383

jramsey495 - sry, had to edit your post. When we use info from JSO we can't post the info, we have to use the link. -007

I think this is the perfect solution to the locker, but I predict this is how the national media will spin it... they'll say Ted wants him gone so badly that he's sent Favre's locker to him in MS as a message: "Don't come back here, even your locker's gone now."

FavreChild
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I was wondering why the nat'l media was suddenly picking up on this topic. I was assuming that they were keeping the locker in place for the fans touring the stadium or perhaps for the shareholders meeting, so I didn't think it was really a big deal. I know initially others on this forum thought that it wasn't appropriate for the locker to remain there as a pseudo-shrine. It would be too much of a "reminder" of Favre's legacy for Rodgers and others. Personally, I would hope that Rodgers and our other players are stronger mentally than that (I think they are).

The media is just inventing a story, in my opinion, because there's nothing else going on in the NFL right now, and for some reason, the NBA playoffs are not capturing the nation's fancy. :roll:

Scott Campbell
05-29-2008, 06:04 PM
The media is just inventing a story, in my opinion, because there's nothing else going on in the NFL right now, and for some reason, the NBA playoffs are not capturing the nation's fancy. :roll:

They can't quit Brett cold turkey.

MJZiggy
05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
I was wondering why the nat'l media was suddenly picking up on this topic. I was assuming that they were keeping the locker in place for the fans touring the stadium or perhaps for the shareholders meeting, so I didn't think it was really a big deal. I know initially others on this forum thought that it wasn't appropriate for the locker to remain there as a pseudo-shrine. It would be too much of a "reminder" of Favre's legacy for Rodgers and others. Personally, I would hope that Rodgers and our other players are stronger mentally than that (I think they are).

When we were there last October, they didn't let us in the locker room on the stadium tour. I think it's a good idea Ted's got there.

pbmax
05-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I hope if it is given to Favre he, at some point, lends it to the Packer HOF.

That being said, keeping it in the locker room as Favre's locker would have been a bad idea. All coaches and players should live in the moment. A memory, even an inspirational one, should not hold a locker space.

A picture? A ceremonial tin of dip? Bronzed cleats? Quick frozen vomit from the 49er game? Great. Not a locker.

BF4MVP
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
New JSOnline article about it:

Favre Locker to Get New Home--His

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=756478

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
New JSOnline article about it:

Favre Locker to Get New Home--His

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=756478

Geez, I hope I didn't post the wrong story from jramsey495.....it had some of the same quotes I know.

Pacopete4
05-30-2008, 02:14 AM
my question is... why in the hell would favre want that locker?... he is the greatest of all time but he should get the one from 92-01 cuz that to me is more special

cpk1994
05-30-2008, 05:44 AM
my question is... why in the hell would favre want that locker?... he is the greatest of all time but he should get the one from 92-01 cuz that to me is more specialBecuase the one he had from 92-01 is gone. You know that they had that renovation project.

GrnBay007
05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
The locker talk is kinda confusing anyway. When we went on a tour of the locker room at the shareholders meeting there was a locker there with Favre's name on it and his uniform hanging there but I think I remember reading something about him having a separate area/locker somewhere away from the group?? Seems like a big deal is being made out of the whole locker thing. I'm betting Favre could care less....he is probably thinking, take my name off and put someone else's name on it.

packers11
05-30-2008, 07:17 PM
so when he decides to come back during training camp, does that mean he gets a new locker or are they going to have to put the old one back in? :lol: :wink:

GrnBay007
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
so when he decides to come back during training camp, does that mean he gets a new locker or are they going to have to put the old one back in? :lol: :wink:

As long as he can find his old #4 jersey I don't think he'll care. :D