PDA

View Full Version : Cutler controls diabetes

Fosco33
05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/05/28/bc.fbn.broncos.cutlerdi.ap/index.html

Thought this story deserved some attention. Jay Cutler is now managing his diabetes through a better diet and an insulin pump. For those that aren't aware, it can test your blood sugar and deliver insulin 'shots' - effectively acting as a pancreas.

I did consulting work for the company that makes these - and designed the rollout of this particular pump to the market (as well as designing an online workflow tool to manage the sale/insurance payment). A few other pro athletes use the pump (not mentioned in the article is Jason Johnson - who I've met and seen a game where he wore the pump as he pitched in the MLB).

I hope people, young/old, can use these examples as a way to show how this disease is not a debilitating illness.

Badgerinmaine
05-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I echo your good wishes. Hopefully his example will inspire others who have diabetes. I can remember baseball players with diabetes (Ron Santo comes to mind) but I can't think of any other NFL players who have. Glad your product has helped him.