PDA

View Full Version : While watching the Pack ...........

CaptainKickass
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
How about playng a good drinking game?

I've played many in my years of watching the Pack but none were quite as fun as the last 2. If you've ever played "Hi Bob" you'll catch on to this one pretty quickly.
(Playing "Hi Bob" consists of watching re-runs of Bob Newhart and drinking everytime someone says "Hi Bob" - trust me you'll get schnockered up quite quickly if you wanna try it!)

What's fun about this game is once you play - you'll be playing it more than just during Packer game time. You'll be playing while watching the news, the preview show before the game, the post-game show after, and even while playing Madden NFL 2K.

Here's the basic premise:

Everytime Favre gets "stroked" by anyone - you drink. If they talk about Deanna's cancer, his dad, the hurricane, his brother in law, his addiction to painkillers, any adversity overcome in his life - you drink. Basically if it doesn't pertain to his actual performance in the game - drink.

While I can personally attest to this game being a load of fun - I still don't have a name for it so who's got one?

FavreChild
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
You won't have to ask me twice to play this game.

Ha ha, if Madden is announcing, we're screwed. :mrgreen:

Guiness
06-05-2006, 06:27 PM
5-8 is a party animal? I hope you guys are at least drinking some Leinies, or other 5% stuff, not any of that ??% sex in a canoe stuff.

'course, like we need another 'favorite beer is' thread 8-)

I figure I'm good for a couple of beers/quarter.

Charles Woodson
06-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Why isnt there a .... Not legaly aloud to drink?

CaptainKickass
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Why isnt there a .... Not legaly aloud to drink?

I am not concerned about what you do or do not do legally. If you do not drink during the game - there is a viable answer on the list. You may proceed with voting.

Also - "drinks" refers to more than just "beers". I believe the question was "how much alcohol....."

Regards,

The Captain

hurleyfan
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
You won't have to ask me twice to play this game.

Ha ha, if Madden is announcing, we're screwed. :mrgreen:

I don't know if we're "screwed".. we'll prolly be screwed UP!

Name of game.......Madden would blow Brett Favre so let's have a drink or ten :lol:

BallHawk
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
How about every time Madden starts a new sentence while in the middle of his current sentence you have to drink?

GrnBay007
06-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome to Packer Rats BallHawk!

Sounds like a fun game Captain!!

BallHawk
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
[quote="GrnBay007"]Welcome to Packer Rats BallHawk!

Thanks, It's really dull on the JS forums. When I was over there I was OneMoreYear.

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
[quote=GrnBay007]Welcome to Packer Rats BallHawk!

Thanks, It's really dull on the JS forums. When I was over there I was OneMoreYear.

Yea but the JSO Forum teaches you how to swear like a man. LOL

and Captain . . any game with Favre playing in it, is a party pour moi.

my choice. . any really good dark rum ,pepsi and ice.

GrnBay007
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM

I remember you. One of our younger posters, right? And a very good one as well.

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey BallHawk. How's life?

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
what type of alcohol do you guys drink? Its always miller time at my house

BallHawk
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM

I remember you. One of our younger posters, right? And a very good one as well.

Thanks. Yup that's me.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
wow, we got a tea-totalering group.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2006, 10:34 PM
"5-8 - I'm a party animal while watching the Pack"

Man, I didn't think a 6 pack was that bad. One each quarter, one at halftime, and one wild card thrown in. If I'm at Lambeau, then it starts at 9AM and last until 9PM, and I usually get a good 12 pack down. Then, it's off with the $20 cab ride.

Guiness
06-05-2006, 10:39 PM
How about every time Madden starts a new sentence while in the middle of his current sentence you have to drink?

lol - I like that...wasn't that a great play by...did I ever tell you about the time I was on the...BAM, he's going to feel that one in the...did that guy just drink 12 beers?

(say it out loud with your best Madden voice)

red
06-06-2006, 06:57 AM
it depends for me. if the team is playing good i just like to have a few to make me feel a little better. but last year i was drunk a lot

Scott Campbell
06-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm a little surprised at the voting results. I had always thought the non-drinking Packer fan was an oxymoron.

red
06-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm a little surprised at the voting results. I had always thought the non-drinking Packer fan was an oxymoron.

they must be the fans that don't live in or have never lived in wisconsin

Badgepack
06-06-2006, 09:13 AM
what type of alcohol do you guys drink? Its always miller time at my house

Last season it was Shiner Bock,

This year it will be Negro Modelo,

Need to change after 4-12.

jack's smirking revenge
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't drink, but I smoke....(and not cigarettes). Numbs the pain of Packer losses and makes every exciting play much more exciting....

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
06-06-2006, 10:52 AM
I think we have a lot of liars on this forum.

21 non-drinks to 22 drinkers. Only 4-13 of these are "binge" drinkers--which I'm glad to say that I'm a part of.
:D

Fosco33
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I think we have a lot of liars on this forum.

21 non-drinks to 22 drinkers. Only 4-13 of these are "binge" drinkers--which I'm glad to say that I'm a part of.
:D

I agree - what's going on here? At the Christmas game, my brothers and I drank a case of beer while grilling brats - before the game!

I wonder what the poll would look like for UW students watching a game at Camp Randall. But instead of number of drinks (it would be 12+), it would be what time did you start drinking, what quarter did you make it to the game and what quarter did you leave to go drink more beer :smile:

CaptainKickass
06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I was thinking that the voting would be skewed more toward the "drunk" side myself. When I was at Lambeau for New Years after the game we walked down to wait in line for a frickin pota-potty and outside we met some folks who were more intoxicated than we were. Their remarks when finding out we were visiting from the west coast:

"You ain't never met drunks until you met drunks in Green Bay Wisconsin"

But hey, what do I know? I've been on the west coast for almost 10 years now.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-06-2006, 12:25 PM
i voted in the 1-4 range, am to skinny to drank more than 4 lol.

FavreChild
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Y'all know which end I lean toward... :wink:

...but I'm guessing for most posters (those of age for consumption of adult-oriented beverages), it depends on the occasion. Live and in person at Lambeau? Hitting the local sports establishment or a rockin' party? Then LIGHT IT UP!! At home by yourself or with the kids? It's a night game and you have to work early? Then mellow it out.

Another good question to ask would be whether you tend to drink more celebrating a victory or dulling the pain from a loss.

HarveyWallbangers
06-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Y'all know which end I lean toward... :wink:

...but I'm guessing for most posters (those of age for consumption of adult-oriented beverages), it depends on the occasion. Live and in person at Lambeau? Hitting the local sports establishment or a rockin' party? Then LIGHT IT UP!! At home by yourself or with the kids? It's a night game and you have to work early? Then mellow it out.

Another good question to ask would be whether you tend to drink more celebrating a victory or dulling the pain from a loss.

I don't think wins and losses matter. Hell, we don't know that until the end of the game. The bigger the game, the more I drink.

Travbrew
06-07-2006, 01:33 PM
I usually hit it pretty hard. Homebrew too. (while at home of course) It numbs the pain of a loss and makes the details fuzzy.
The only game I ever saw in Lambeau I only had a few beers. It was about 13 degrees and I just didn't feel like drinking slushy beer. I should had some doctor's. That would have warmed me up a bit.

CaptainKickass
07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Still looking for a good name for the game.

C'mon - anyone got some imagination?

Anyone?

Beuller?

Beuller?

??

Fosco33
07-06-2006, 07:40 PM

Anyone?

Beuller?

Beuller?

??

"Four for 4" - drink 4 gulps of beer or 4 'sips' of a hard drink. The catch is someone has to say 'four for 4' when someone mentions a non performance Favre-ism. The person who says the phrase gets to pass on that 'round'.

This would start during any pre-game show, pre-game announcer discussion, game play, half time or post game wrap-up that includes the party members.

woodbuck27
07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I have bought two 2-4's of Bud and Bud lite for my Packer friends back East in the Maritimes, when they used to have the NFL T-Shirts PROMO, as long as I could purchase the case's with the Packer shirt.

Sometimes that took alot of peeking. :evil: Eh !

KYPack
07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I think these poll results are a function of the fact that we've got a lot of really young kids on this forum. I don't recall drinking 5-8 beers while watching the Pack when I was 14, either.

I do realize that I drink a lot less when we lose. The Ravens Monday Nighter proved that to me. When I went to bed, I was shocked to see I still had a half a bottle of Bud lite in my hand.

bbbffl66
07-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Last year was bad fo consumption. When anger and despair kick in you just reach for another. Wow, kind of sounds like last year would make a good country song.

4and12to12and4
07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Here's some ideas for the name of the game:

Binging for Brett

Mississippi Madness

Brewski's for Braindead Banter

Shots for Shooting the Shit

Chugging at Chatter

and

Bad Boys Boozin' for Brett

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Last year was bad fo consumption. When anger and despair kick in you just reach for another. Wow, kind of sounds like last year would make a good country song.

Oh no! That is just the lead OUR songwriter on the forum - APB will need to get busy.

What have you got Tank?

Mazzin
07-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I normally just sit back and relax, and will drink some of those fruity smirnoff drinks. (easy fellas i AM a girl) Or if im lucky my dad will get some coronas, with lime, ill drink maybe 5 or 6 if im not going no where else that night.

BlueBrewer
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
"5-8 - I'm a party animal while watching the Pack"

Man, I didn't think a 6 pack was that bad. One each quarter, one at halftime, and one wild card thrown in. If I'm at Lambeau, then it starts at 9AM and last until 9PM, and I usually get a good 12 pack down. Then, it's off with the $20 cab ride.

If it takes you twelve hours to drink twelve beers, then what is the point.

Mazzin
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Agreed, is there any other drinking other than beinge drinking? I mean i just do it for the buzz but most guys i know do it just to get TRASHED!

Willard
07-08-2006, 01:58 PM

Anyone?

Beuller?

Beuller?

??

How about, "The 'Isn't He Favrelous' Drinking Game" ?

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 02:16 PM
"I don't drink, but I smoke....(and not cigarettes). Numbs the pain of Packer losses and makes every exciting play much more exciting.... " tyler

Last year was rough on us all tyler. but there are better days ahead Packer Fan.

In that. . .we must TRUST. :mrgreen:

Bretsky
07-08-2006, 06:13 PM
things can only get better; unless our OL is completely broken on the interior we will improve on last year

MJZiggy
07-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't think it's broken. The kids'll do fine. I'm going to go ponder their future over a cold one.