PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Free Press - Lions 2008 Schedule

vince
05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Thank God We're not Lions Fans (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20080520&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=415003&Ref=PH&Profile=1059&Params=Itemnr=1)

CaliforniaCheez
05-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Just a reminder there already is a thread on this.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12600

Yes, there is such a thing as gallows humor.

vince
05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry cheez. Didn't see that.

MJZiggy
05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Talk about thinking alike... :)

oregonpackfan
05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
The picture of Joey Harrington on the cover in a Falcons uniform is a case in point of the phrase "Sometimes bad things happen to good people."

Harrington is a fine young man from a good family here in the Portland area. He has had the "bad" fortune of having to play for some terrible NFL teams including the Lions, the Dolphins, and now, the Falcons. :(

Tarlam!
05-31-2008, 11:52 PM
The picture of Joey Harrington on the cover in a Falcons uniform is a case in point of the phrase "Sometimes bad things happen to good people."

Harrington is a fine young man from a good family here in the Portland area. He has had the "bad" fortune of having to play for some terrible NFL teams including the Lions, the Dolphins, and now, the Falcons. :(

Wasn't he also a 1st year starter in the NFL?

I know A-Rod had similar college pedigree, but I think him sitting for 3 years has given the coaches a chance to redo his mechanics. Even A-Rod admits he only began "getting it" last off season.

For these reasons, I don't think A-Rod will be anothe Tedford Bust.

oregonpackfan
06-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes, Tarlam.

He was the first round draft pick of the Lions and started his first season.

At the time, the Lions were one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Tarlam!
06-01-2008, 02:41 AM
At the time, the Lions were one of the worst teams in the NFL.

And since then? :D

Boller, Carr and Smith all were thrown in at the deep end and failed. I don't seem to be able to find a complete list of Tedford QBs, but there is a pattern.

If we remember A-Rod's first 2 pre-season stints, he looked awful. One can argue that he wasn't getting enough reps in training to improve, but I think there is a pattern here.

I don't think we'll see the same bust from A-Rod, especially if the O-Line protects him, better than Carr was protected.