PDA

View Full Version : Bears QB competition to begin!(Chuckle)

oregonpackfan
05-31-2008, 09:31 PM
The Bears are supposedly waiting in earnest to see which "outstanding" quarterback is going to start this fall. I found it very interesting to see the paragraph, "The Bears' defense hasn't made it particularly easy for coaches to evaluate the two in minicamp. Saturday, they intercepted each of the two quarterbacks three times in non-contact scrimmages."

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith is prepared to let quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton compete for the team's starting spot until the fourth and last game of the preseason, though he's hoping it doesn't come to that.

``Ideally you would like to have someone in place going into that last week of the preseason,'' Smith said Saturday, following the second practice of a three-day minicamp at Halas Hall. ``But we'll just let it play out. If it's not clear by then, we'll let it go right up until (preseason's end).''

The Bears' last two preseason games are at home against San Francisco on Aug. 21 and at Cleveland on Aug. 28.

The Bears' defense hasn't made it particularly easy for coaches to evaluate the two in minicamp. Saturday, they intercepted each of the two quarterbacks three times in non-contact scrimmages.

``I think we're both good quarterbacks,'' said Orton, who started the final three games of 2007 and 15 games in 2005. ``We both know the system well, so I think it'll be something going into the preseason.''

At stake beyond starting quarterback is the future for both players, especially Grossman, who's signed only through 2008.

Grossman, who led the Bears to the Super Bowl, signed a one-year deal for $3 million with a possible $1.5 million more in incentives in February. The Bears extended Orton's contract one year through 2009 for a possible $5 million including incentives, and $1.6 million in bonus money.

``I think anybody going into their last year of their contract or signing a one-year deal, it's added pressure on them to have a good season,'' Grossman said in his first news conference since signing his one-year deal. ``And I'm excited about the opportunities if that were the case.

``Who knows what's going to happen? I've got one thing in mind: that's having a good season this year.''

In offseason practices and in training camp, the Bears will alternate first-team snaps between the two.

``I think it's the only fair way to evaluate them - to let them both have an opportunity to play and work with the No. 1 offense,'' Smith said.

Grossman lost his starting spot last year to Brian Griese, who has been released. He regained the starting job due to an injury to Griese, then suffered a knee sprain and lost it to Orton.

``I think I have a little bit of a chip on my shoulder striving to prove myself in this league and get myself over that hump, or whatever, to become a great quarterback in this league consistently,'' Grossman said.

Grossman has 32 career starts and 33 interceptions to 31 touchdown passes for a passer rating of 70.9. Orton has a 62.2 career passer rating.

Orton can see himself improving because of the increased first-team practice time. He carried a clipboard on the sidelines throughout the Bears' 2006 Super Bowl season.

``Definitely, it's always tough when you come into a season without playing at all the season before,'' he said. ``To get the three games at the end of the year that I did, and get a lot of work in so far in the offseason, I feel like I'm a better player.''

The Associated Press :)

KYPack
05-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I still can't believe this organization is going into '08 with that cast of characters at QB. I think we easily have the best group at QB in the NFC North.

red
05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
great news

one of those 2 clowns will be the starter this year lol

how can they not see what every football fan (including bears fans) out there can see?

RashanGary
05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
We don't know anything yet. I'm doing best to hold back my homeristic optimism, but I also lean toward thinking we have the best QB in the NFC North and there is a good chance we have the best two QB's in the north.

bobblehead
05-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Woot, special olympics competition.

GrnBay007
05-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Woot, special olympics competition.

:lol:

Tarlam!
06-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Rex has got some of the tools to be decent, he's just a tad small, IIRC.

I think he's not as mentally tough as one needs to be to be successful. I have seen a lot of soccer players use a personal mind coach to get them out of slumps. Also, Ernie Els won his first major golf tournament only after he started with a mind guru.

Maybe that's what Rex needs.

Pugger
06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
As long as the bares have Ortonhearsawho and Turnoversaurus Wrecks at QB we got nothing to worry about gang! :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Ortonhearsawho and Turnoversaurus Wrecks

Nice...

bobblehead
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
would be funnier if they hadn't put that ass kicking on us in the wind and snow.

falco
06-01-2008, 03:03 PM
i think rodgers is going to be good if not great, but i'm hesitant to gloat over the QB situation of any other team until we have a few games to see exactly where we are at in regards to the position.

GoPackGo
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
would be funnier if they hadn't put that ass kicking on us in the wind and snow.

Its not funny at all considering we lost to them twice last year! :evil:

retailguy
06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I still can't believe this organization is going into '08 with that cast of characters at QB. I think we easily have the best group at QB in the NFC North.

:shock: think about what you said KY. we've got the best (I agree), but ZERO starts among them, one with little experience and two that have never thrown a pass....

:P I LOVE Rex Grossman.... I hope the Bears keep him forever. I also hope to say that about Tavaris Jackson next season. :wink:

Guiness
06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Grossman, who led the Bears to the Super Bowl,

Am I the only one who smirks every time I read that Grossman 'led' them?

Tarlam!
06-02-2008, 12:20 AM
i think rodgers is going to be good if not great, but i'm hesitant to gloat over the QB situation of any other team until we have a few games to see exactly where we are at in regards to the position.

All remarks that could have been typed by me. I won't gloat over T-Jack or Kitna for the same reason.

Maybe it's because I work in sales and never slurr my competitor's products to win new customers, maybe it's because Aussies are taught to clap when the opposing side makes a great play, but I don't get excited about the potential woes of our division rivals. On the contrary, I much prefer the Pack to win hard fought contests against opponents of equal strength. To me, the Denver win last year was one of the highlights of my Packer fan-life.

I admit, the Vikings shutout was great, too! But I was enjoying it more while AP was in the game.

Pugger
06-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Orton and Wrecks have more starts than our guys but if I were a bare fan I wouldn't be all that comfortable with those two. Orton is very pedestrian - on any other team he'd be a 3rd string - and Wrecks can't hold onto the ball and is prone to meltdowns. I just can't imagin Rodgers playing that poorly this season, especially with MM in charge. 8-)

The Leaper
06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Let's trade them Flynn for their 2009 and 2010 first round picks.

MadScientist
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
"The Bears' defense hasn't made it particularly easy for coaches to evaluate the two in minicamp. Saturday, they intercepted each of the two quarterbacks three times in non-contact scrimmages."

It sounds to me like the defense is making it very easy to accurately evaluate those QB's.

Gunakor
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM

All remarks that could have been typed by me. I won't gloat over T-Jack or Kitna for the same reason.

Maybe it's because I work in sales and never slurr my competitor's products to win new customers, maybe it's because Aussies are taught to clap when the opposing side makes a great play, but I don't get excited about the potential woes of our division rivals. On the contrary, I much prefer the Pack to win hard fought contests against opponents of equal strength. To me, the Denver win last year was one of the highlights of my Packer fan-life.

I admit, the Vikings shutout was great, too! But I was enjoying it more while AP was in the game.

Whatever man, a hard asskicking of a division rival feels just as good as a hard fought down-to-the-wire victory.

You shouldn't feel bad about calling out the Bears for not having a quarterback. It's not really slurring them at all, because I can provide irrefutable evidence that they in fact do not have a quarterback. It's truth, not slander. They did it to themselves. Besides, I don't think the Bears have too many real fans left whose feelings could possibly be hurt by you telling them thier football team is terrible. Most of them already know.

KYPack
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM

:shock: think about what you said KY. we've got the best (I agree), but ZERO starts among them, one with little experience and two that have never thrown a pass....

:P I LOVE Rex Grossman.... I hope the Bears keep him forever. I also hope to say that about Tavaris Jackson next season. :wink:

I did think a mite before I wrote that. I'm comparing our guys to Jackson, Kitna (with his micro hands), and Moe & Curley for the Bears. I say our boys hands down, ZERO starts or no.

My margin for error is high, but I'm stickin' to my story.

Pack QB's #1.

DonHutson
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
but I don't get excited about the potential woes of our division rivals. On the contrary, I much prefer the Pack to win hard fought contests against opponents of equal strength.

That's my logic for not caring about strength of schedule. I also don't like to see key injuries.

But player acquisition is a big part of the game. The Bears made choices that led them to this point. Bungling draft picks and free agency is no different to me than fumbling a snap or dropping a game winning TD. When the Bears (or Vikings, or Lions) do any of the above... it's funny.

Tarlam!
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
(...)Bungling draft picks and free agency is no different to me than fumbling a snap or dropping a game winning TD. When the Bears (or Vikings, or Lions) do any of the above... it's funny.

Sure, and I laugh my ass off at that shit. But you must acknowledge the truth that if our division rivals are good, our team needs to improve to beat them. And I like our team improving!

The first goal every year has to be to win 6 games and sweep your division. That's hard enough to do. If we had done that last year, we'd have been 15-1.

But we didn't beat Da Bears. Twice. So anybody ridiculing that team might want to wait until they don't sweep us again.

Gunakor
06-03-2008, 02:09 PM
(...)Bungling draft picks and free agency is no different to me than fumbling a snap or dropping a game winning TD. When the Bears (or Vikings, or Lions) do any of the above... it's funny.

Sure, and I laugh my ass off at that shit. But you must acknowledge the truth that if our division rivals are good, our team needs to improve to beat them. And I like our team improving!

The first goal every year has to be to win 6 games and sweep your division. That's hard enough to do. If we had done that last year, we'd have been 15-1.

But we didn't beat Da Bears. Twice. So anybody ridiculing that team might want to wait until they don't sweep us again.

This isn't about the Chicago Bears football team. It is about thier quarterbacks, or lack therof. Neither Brian Griese nor Kyle Orton nor Rex Grossman beat us last year... or ever as long as I can remember.

As I recall, we were outright obliterating Chicago by halftime in Green Bay last year - to the tune of 350 yards of offense in the first half alone. Then Favre threw a pass to Brian Urlacher and our offense went into hibernation. We lost that game because we couldn't move the ball in the second half (not to mention 2 BS calls which turned into 10 Bears points, but we won't go there). Then in Chicago nobody in a Green Bay jersey save Ryan Grant looked like they wanted to be there in the first place. Favre was awful. Our line was awful. And our punter, well, awful doesn't do it justice. But niether game was won by a spectacular performance by a Chicago Bears QB. I'd say Green Bay beat themselves twice, but if you have to credit the Bears at all, it was the Bears defense that won those games.

oregonpackfan
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM

This isn't about the Chicago Bears football team. It is about thier quarterbacks, or lack therof. Neither Brian Griese nor Kyle Orton nor Rex Grossman beat us last year... or ever as long as I can remember.

As I recall, we were outright obliterating Chicago by halftime in Green Bay last year - to the tune of 350 yards of offense in the first half alone. Then Favre threw a pass to Brian Urlacher and our offense went into hibernation. We lost that game because we couldn't move the ball in the second half (not to mention 2 BS calls which turned into 10 Bears points, but we won't go there). Then in Chicago nobody in a Green Bay jersey save Ryan Grant looked like they wanted to be there in the first place. Favre was awful. Our line was awful. And our punter, well, awful doesn't do it justice. But niether game was won by a spectacular performance by a Chicago Bears QB. I'd say Green Bay beat themselves twice, but if you have to credit the Bears at all, it was the Bears defense that won those games.

Gunakor,

A huge reason for the loss at Lambeau was James Jones twice losing the ball inside the Bears' 10 yard line in the first half. The Packers had two strong offensive drives squandered because of Jones' fumbles/strips.

While normally just a mediocre QB, Griese passed the ball very well against the Packers in the second half.

By the way, I was at that game as part of the First Annual Packer Rats gathering.

Guiness
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM

You have to realize of course that when you talk about the Pack-Bears rivalry, it's like no other probably anywhere in pro sports. About the closest I can think of is one in my backyard - the Leafs/Habs, but it's more competitive than acrimonious.

Sure, they beat us twice last year...just like we did the year they went 13-3. Neither of those things make sense. I don't ridicule/berate/take pleasure in the failings of any other team - but make make an exception for the Bears.

So, yes, I am quite enjoying the silliness that is their QB situation - one that I'm sure 31 executives in the NFL can see (I'm giving Matt Millen the benefit of the doubt here) but they can not. I do enjoy close fought, tough games, but am just as happy to see us pummel the Bears, as well as it happening to them 14 more times per season :twisted:

Tarlam!
06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
By the way, I was at that game as part of the First Annual Packer Rats gathering.

Yes, he was. I saw him there! In fact, he drove me back to my hotel after the game, for which I am eternally grateful!

Scott Campbell
06-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Hating the Bears is something that just can't be properly nurtured abroad.

Scott Campbell
06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
You have to realize of course that when you talk about the Pack-Bears rivalry, it's like no other probably anywhere in pro sports.

Yankee/RedSox fans would probably laugh at our quaint little rivalry, but I get what you mean.

Gunakor
06-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Gunakor,

A huge reason for the loss at Lambeau was James Jones twice losing the ball inside the Bears' 10 yard line in the first half. The Packers had two strong offensive drives squandered because of Jones' fumbles/strips.

While normally just a mediocre QB, Griese passed the ball very well against the Packers in the second half.

And yet, even with the 2 fumbles in the first half, Green Bay was absolutely dominating that game at halftime. I'm not going to imply that those fumbles didn't affect the outcome of the game, only to say that those fumbles weren't the only (or even the biggest) reason we lost that game. We were in control at halftime despite the two fumbles.

Actually, methinks the biggest reason we lost that game was Mike McCarthy's playcalling in the second half. Run on first down, run on second down, pass on third down(sometimes) and then punt. Every single possession it seemed was like that until Favre took control of the offense during the 2 min drill at the end of the game (coincidentally, that was the only drive that produced more than one first down during the entire second half). I remember quite clearly throwing every piece of foam I could grab at the TV that day screaming at McCarthy to THROW THE DAMN BALL.

I wish he coulda heard me, maybe we would have won that game. Again, despite JJ's 2 fumbles - which both occured in 30 minutes of football in which Green Bay's offense gained more yards than Chicago gained in an average full 60 minute session. When we strayed from the first half gameplan - i.e. when we took our foot off the gas and started playing conservatively - the Bears caught up and won.

I blame the INT thrown to Urlacher, I thought that kinda shook McCarthy a bit and ultimately led to his ultra-conservative playcalling. He started playing not to lose by running time off the clock instead of playing to win by putting more points on the board. I hope he takes something away from that. When you have an opponent by the throat, you squeeze until thier face turns blue. You never, ever, EVER take your foot off the gas IMO.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Hmm, still think so?
Yep, that guy name Orton has been doing pretty good hasnt he? You guys have the worst group of QBs in the NFC North. The 2nd round pick got bumped down the depth chart by the 7th round pick!
Another fabulous early season bump... :twisted:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Hmm, still think so?
Yep, that guy name Orton has been doing pretty good hasnt he? You guys have the worst group of QBs in the NFC North. The 2nd round pick got bumped down the depth chart by the 7th round pick!

The great judge of QB talent has spoken. :bs:

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:49 am Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/posting.php?mode=quote&p=153311

I will put my hat in the ring that says the Packers have no game changers on offense or defense as it stands. I am comfortable saying Brett doesnt have it anymore because anyone without Brett colored glasses can see that. Even when he took them to the Big dance it was because of the Packers great defensive play that got them over the top, not his arm. Packers present day=No defense=losing season.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Hmm, still think so?

The great judge of QB talent has spoken. :bs:

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:49 am Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/posting.php?mode=quote&p=153311

I will put my hat in the ring that says the Packers have no game changers on offense or defense as it stands. I am comfortable saying Brett doesnt have it anymore because anyone without Brett colored glasses can see that. Even when he took them to the Big dance it was because of the Packers great defensive play that got them over the top, not his arm. Packers present day=No defense=losing season.
And uh, you doubt what I said? He lost it for you guys in the playoffs..lol. Not the defense, but him! --- I am laughing too hard over here..
You can do better. :?:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:25 AM
The best part of last year was how you disappeared like a little bitch by Halloween. Got real busy at the boys home or something. :bs:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:29 AM
The best part of last year was how you disappeared like a little bitch by Halloween. Got real busy at the boys home or something. :bs:
Nah, I was still around on here. Check the post. Just that I normally only respond to things in relation to when you guys try to shoot down my Bears. But since the Bears pretty much swept the Pack ass last year it became taboo on this board by the Packer fans to even mention them again...lol.
:roll:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Nah, I was still around on here.

Sure you were. Pussy.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Nah, I was still around on here. Check the post. Just that I normally only respond to things in relation to when you guys try to shoot down my Bears. But since the Bears pretty much swept the Pack ass last year it became taboo on this board by the Packer fans to even mention them again...lol.

Sure you were. Pussy.
Aww, look at the lil baby resulting to name calling cuz his lil Packy Wackys are on a itty bitty losing streak. :cry:
Dont worry Scotty Watty, Big DaBaddestBear will beat up all those meanies for you, and tell them to stop messing with my little friend even though he needs his mouth washed out with soap made from Bear droppings. :wink:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:53 AM
One game over 500 - troll season.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Hmm. Lost two VERY close ones in the last minutes, while your team lost 3 straight without ever having the game in hand at any point.

It could get worse or better. But I will look forward to the latter. While you guys need to worry how to stop that losing skid.
Well, at least you have a good chance of doing so against Seattle. Matt Hasselbeck has a bad knee, so maybe your defense can hit a QB if he just stands there and waits for them...Besides they are just getting back some of their WR's from injury, who I think cannot be fully healed. Have fun. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Hmm. Lost two VERY close ones in the last minutes.............

Golly. Congratulations on almost not losing.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 02:08 AM

Better yet, congratulate yourself for having a 3 game losing streak :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:11 AM

True enough. Yet here I am. Some of us don't run after a couple losses.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 02:16 AM

Its a PACKER board you are supposed to be here. I am only responding on here when the Bears are mentioned. Which I dont hear much of whenever they are winning. So thats why I bump the stuff from when some of you do spew off the wall things as a reminder of what some said leading up to this season.
Get used to it. I been around for years on these boards. Nothing has changed, nor will it ever.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:19 AM

Its a PACKER board you are supposed to be here. I am only responding on here when the Bears are mentioned. Which I dont hear much of whenever they are winning. So thats why I bump the stuff from when some of you do spew off the wall things as a reminder of what some said leading up to this season.
Get used to it. I been around for years on these boards. Nothing has changed, nor will it ever.

I see. So you're not really a big pussy. :lol:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
10 (18) Bears 3-2-0 You can't fight it right now: The Bears are the best team in the NFC North. Kyle Orton is no game-manager, either. (KS)

CBS:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11013951

12 Bears · Trends 13
Has Kyle Orton arrived? If he has, then the Bears can win the division. We know they can run it.

sporting news:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=468394

10. Chicago Bears (3-2). Kyle Orton for MVP? It doesn't sound too crazy if he keeps getting better, because with their running game, defense and special teams, quarterback was the missing piece. A more realistic award campaign: Lance Briggs for defensive player of the year.

Keep laughing...still early but... :wink:

Patler
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
10 (18) Bears 3-2-0 You can't fight it right now: The Bears are the best team in the NFC North. Kyle Orton is no game-manager, either. (KS)

Na, by the end of the season, Bear opponents will be yelling, "They are who we thought they were!" :lol: :lol:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM

Na, by the end of the season, Bear opponents will be yelling, "They are who we thought they were!" :lol: :lol:
And Packer opponents will be yelling, "The Packers are nowhere close to being as good as they thought they were!" :wink:

Pacopete4
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13
Has Kyle Orton arrived? If he has, then the Bears can win the division. We know they can run it.

been a big Orton fan.. nice to see him doing well.. but the bears still suck

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

I understand your torn alliances. We still have room for ya on the bandwagon when you are ready. :P

Pacopete4
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

I understand your torn alliances. We still have room for ya on the bandwagon when you are ready. :P

haha I said after they beat the Colts that they will be tough this season and then I think 2 weeks ago I said they'll win the division.. so if thats putting me on the bandwagon, I guess I am... the bears are nasty this year and we'll find out in weeks to come unfortunately

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

haha I said after they beat the Colts that they will be tough this season and then I think 2 weeks ago I said they'll win the division.. so if thats putting me on the bandwagon, I guess I am... the bears are nasty this year and we'll find out in weeks to come unfortunately
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/Eli3000/Bandwagon20Final.jpg --Go ahead, jump on..lol

GrnBay007
10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/beerus-cheezhead.jpg

Bossman641
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

sporting news:

10. Chicago Bears (3-2). Kyle Orton for MVP? It doesn't sound too crazy if he keeps getting better, because with their running game, defense and special teams, quarterback was the missing piece. A more realistic award campaign: Lance Briggs for defensive player of the year.

Orton has looked decent, but I need to see it for a few more weeks before I take him for real. Even Grossman put together a few good weeks in a row.

Is it time for Brown's yearly injury yet?

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

sporting news:

Orton has looked decent, but I need to see it for a few more weeks before I take him for real. Even Grossman put together a few good weeks in a row.

Thats true. And why did you have to go and mention Brown getting injured? As Bear fans we have decided not to speak on it so as to not bring down the wrath of the football gods. Leave it up to the Packer fan to try and throw a wrench in our plans... :evil:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
You notice the Packer fan has more slaps on his face then the Bears fan. So once again even in the Beavis and Butthead world we are one up on ya! :D

Bossman641
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

sporting news:

Thats true. And why did you have to go and mention Brown getting injured? As Bear fans we have decided not to speak on it so as to not bring down the wrath of the football gods. Leave it up to the Packer fan to try and throw a wrench in our plans... :evil:

I'm just saying. He's had season-ending injuries like what, 4 years in a row? It'd be a small miracle if he made it through the year.

Mazzin
10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
You notice the Packer fan has more slaps on his face then the Bears fan. So once again even in the Beavis and Butthead world we are one up on ya! :D

Bears fan? It says Bears suck...you read like Rex Grossman reads defenses.....You sir are a douche.

Rodgers has more yards and completions...2 more touchdowns. Same Ints.

Whose Better? :talk:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 07:13 PM
You sir are a douche.

Excellent point.

Zool
10-07-2008, 09:18 PM
You sir are a douche.

Excellent point.

And worth seconding. I thought you were a teacher DBB? Reading comprehension wasn't part of your curriculum?

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 10:22 PM
You sir are a douche.

Excellent point.

And worth seconding. I thought you were a teacher DBB? Reading comprehension wasn't part of your curriculum?
What does reading comprehension have to do with anything I just stated? --although it was in a joking matter. Jeez! you would think one would have a better sense of humor after a 3 game losing streak. :roll:

Zool
10-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Let me splain it in FIB-ees

Both guys are Packer fans in the pic.

cpk1994
10-08-2008, 02:03 AM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

I understand your torn alliances. We still have room for ya on the bandwagon when you are ready. :PHell, you can take him now and will even pay you $10.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

I understand your torn alliances. We still have room for ya on the bandwagon when you are ready. :PHell, you can take him now and will even pay you $10.
lol...c'mon, you are supposed to put up a fight for your fellow Packer fans.

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 08:57 AM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

lol...c'mon, you are supposed to put up a fight for your fellow Packer fans. cpk is way to big of a troll to do that.. he doesnt think packer fans are allowed to like any other players but packer players :roll:

MadtownPacker
10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
haha I said after they beat the Colts that they will be tough this season and then I think 2 weeks ago I said they'll win the division.. so if thats putting me on the bandwagon, I guess I am... the bears are nasty this year and we'll find out in weeks to come unfortunatelySad and pathetic. The bear troll can have you.

GoPackGo
10-08-2008, 11:04 AM
haha I said after they beat the Colts that they will be tough this season and then I think 2 weeks ago I said they'll win the division.. so if thats putting me on the bandwagon, I guess I am... the bears are nasty this year and we'll find out in weeks to come unfortunatelySad and pathetic. The bear troll can have you.

If the Packers' D was Healthy the Bears would have no chance at the NFC North Title.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM

If the Packers' D was Healthy the Bears would have no chance at the NFC North Title.
Oh wow. Here we go with the what if's already. Never heard such a thing when all the Bears "defensive PROBOWLERS" were injured most of if not all of last season. No Packer fans said "man we are lucky the Bears players are injured because we would have no chance at the division title". Especially since recent years have shown when the Bears are healthy they take the division.

You were one of the same ones that said the Bears had no offense. So it should be a wash right? If we are both weak on different sides of the ball then its all about who balls out on game day and make it happen---The difference is, the Bears have, and the Packers havent. And keep in mind we still have our top defensive lineman sitting out games.

Lets be fair and balanced here. And I'm not talking about like Fox ImalwaysBias News :roll:

StPaulPackFan
10-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Oh wow. Here we go with the what if's already. Never heard such a thing when all the Bears "defensive PROBOWLERS" were injured most of if not all of last season. No Packer fans said "man we are lucky the Bears players are injured because we would have no chance at the division title". Especially since recent years have shown when the Bears are healthy they take the division.

You were one of the same ones that said the Bears had no offense. So it should be a wash right? If we are both weak on different sides of the ball then its all about who balls out on game day and make it happen---The difference is, the Bears have, and the Packers havent. And keep in mind we still have our top defensive lineman sitting out games.

Lets be fair and balanced here. And I'm not talking about like Fox ImalwaysBias News :roll:

Get a grip. The bears are 3-2. You act like they are 5-0 and have won every game by 20 points. :roll:

Let's be fair and honest, you spend way too much time on an opposing team's message board. That is, when your team is ahead in the standings. :shock:

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Yeah, coz I'm sure if the Bears defense were completely healthy last year they'd have gone 16-0. Look, despite your injuries last year you still managed to come out of BOTH games against Green Bay with a victory. And despite being 0-2 against Chicago, they finished 13-3 for the season. So without changing the Packers record last year, since no matter how much worse the Bears could have beaten the Packers the records would not have changed, do you honestly believe that a healthy Bears defense would have propelled Chicago to a 14 win season? The reason nobody was saying "If the Bears defense were healthy we'd have no shot at a division title" last year is because nobody actually believes that the Bears could have won 14 games even with a completely healthy defense. So lets be fair and balanced here. The Packers had the better football team last year, even if the Bears were healthy. And if the Packers were healthy this year, they'd still be a better football team than your healthy Bears are.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM

I think he is saying the Packers offense is better. I have to agree although orton does make the bears better than wrex. Thats why we all laughed at you when orton was benched after going 9-1 (as a rookie?) for wrex. I think it was the year the bears lost in the NFCC against the eagles. Well at least he will play good enough to be in time for a nice contract. Is a he a FA almost? Good thing you guys gave the keys to grossman instead. orton could have won a SB one of those season. ":lol:

I will say the bears are strong on defense but that isnt news. Them being healthy is. Will it last? Who knows but the bears are hot right now. Will they be that way in 6 weeks is yet to be seen but the Packer defense can only get better from here until then. I prefer to be the the team that finishes hot.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 01:18 PM

Yeah, coz I'm sure if the Bears defense were completely healthy last year they'd have gone 16-0. Nope. But they would have won the division.

Look, despite your injuries last year you still managed to come out of BOTH games against Green Bay with a victory. And despite being 0-2 against Chicago, they finished 13-3 for the season. So without changing the Packers record last year, since no matter how much worse the Bears could have beaten the Packers the records would not have changed, do you honestly believe that a healthy Bears defense would have propelled Chicago to a 14 win season? The reason nobody was saying "If the Bears defense were healthy we'd have no shot at a division title" last year is because nobody actually believes that the Bears could have won 14 games even with a completely healthy defense. So lets be fair and balanced here. The Packers had the better football team last year, even if the Bears were healthy. And if the Packers were healthy this year, they'd still be a better football team than your healthy Bears are.
And the bears are not exactly healthy either. So why are they Better than the Packers right now? They both have injuries on both sides of the ball. We have lost one of our starting safeties, Hester is playing with torn cartilage off his ribs, the starting left tackle, Vashers playing with one hand, Tommie Harris has sat out more games than he has played, and as the entire NFL fan community has said..WE DONT EVEN HAVE ANY WR's.

Now I would say our injury list this year, and especially last year was to more "KEY" players than the Packers. Players that have actually made their mark as quality ballers in this league.

Fair and balanced kid.

But forget about all that crap. I want to talk about upcoming games. STOP WHINING. :cry:

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM

I think he is saying the Packers offense is better. I have to agree although orton does make the bears better than wrex. Thats why we all laughed at you when orton was benched after going 9-1 (as a rookie?) for wrex. I think it was the year the bears lost in the NFCC against the eagles. Well at least he will play good enough to be in time for a nice contract. Is a he a FA almost? Good thing you guys gave the keys to grossman instead. orton could have won a SB one of those season. ":lol:

I will say the bears are strong on defense but that isnt news. Them being healthy is. Will it last? Who knows but the bears are hot right now. Will they be that way in 6 weeks is yet to be seen but the Packer defense can only get better from here until then. I prefer to be the the team that finishes hot.
Now thats the Madtown I am looking for. One that talks football more than he complains about it..lol.

Well Orton signed an extension last year. So we have him for at least two more after this year. I was crossing my fingers with him because he was still fresh although he was ok in his rookie season. His deep ball is improving and the offensive cordinator is opening up the playbook for him now, allowing him to go down field more instead of dink and dunking all game.

Each year the teams that make it are the ones that stay healthy at key positions. Thats why no sports analysts (especially ESPN) can ever truly predict who will be there in the end. But thats why I give New England so much credit, because they have their guys ready to play and still win in spite of injuries.

Edit: And I think the Packers offense is better in the passing game. But you guys running game sucks ass big time. Your WR's is the true piece on the Packers. Not the QB, RB, or Defense. They go and get balls and gt so many yards after the catch its crazy. I often wonder do they have special training they do that no one else knows about in the NFL. Driver is a beast at it. I always look for him to get decleated, ionly to watch his slippery ass jump back and spin for another 10 yards :evil:

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 01:28 PM

oh god madtown... quit being such a fuckin crybaby...

the bears are a better team right now and most likely will be for this season.. the cowboys are better than us too... does that make me lesser of a fan to admit it? haha u people, i swear... there will be times where the Packers are not #1 in everything, someday u'll figure that out

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
the bears are a healthier team right now and most likely will be for this season..

Fixed.

The Bears are not a better team right now and haven't been since 2005.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
the bears are a healthier team right now and most likely will be for this season..

Fixed.

Now if thats not Kool-aid talking I dont know what is. :crazy:
No one in the NFL will agree with you other than Packer fans. And even some of them will laugh at you with that statement. My brother is one of them. He's laughing now.

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Fixed.

No one in the NFL will agree with you other than Packer fans. And even some of them will laugh at you with that statement. My brother is one of them. He's laughing now.

Your brother is probably a Bears fan. Like I give a shit what he or any other Bears fan says or thinks. You guys drink plenty of Kool-Aid too. Of course no Bears fan would agree with me. The Bears haven't been any good since thier SB run and you are bitter. Not my problem.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
My brother is one of them. He's laughing now.

Dude - he's laughing at your MPS paystub.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
My brother is one of them. He's laughing now.

Dude - he's laughing at your MPS paystub.
Could be true. But I love my job. wouldnt trade it in for anything. I take pride in helping our youth in inner cities when all others turn their back on them. Lets just say I care about the future of our nation, and that future is within those inner city walls. Besides, financially I want for nothing. I manage money well, and live comfortably.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Fixed.

Your brother is probably a Bears fan. Like I give a shit what he or any other Bears fan says or thinks. You guys drink plenty of Kool-Aid too. Of course no Bears fan would agree with me. The Bears haven't been any good since thier SB run and you are bitter. Not my problem.
Uh, he is a Die Hard Packers fan that resides in Minnesota.
And which SB run do you speak off? Once again "NO ONE" would believe your stated rhetoric outside of a delirious Packer fan.

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
dont worry dabears, most on here are delirious fans... it'l take them a few more loses to realize where this team is

cpk1994
10-08-2008, 06:19 PM

CBS:

12 Bears · Trends 13

lol...c'mon, you are supposed to put up a fight for your fellow Packer fans. cpk is way to big of a troll to do that.. he doesnt think packer fans are allowed to like any other players but packer players :roll:And once again, like always, you are wrong. Shocking, I know. Packer fans can like who they want. However, true Packer fans understand that the TEAM comes first and that no PLAYER is above that. They also aren't a sniveling waste of spem troll like you.

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Fixed.

And which SB run do you speak off? Once again "NO ONE" would believe your stated rhetoric outside of a delirious Packer fan.

Umm, could it be the SB run that ended in a bitter defeat at the hands of Peyton Manning - following the 2005 season? I did say that the Bears haven't been better than the Packers since 2005, didn't I? Yes, the Bears WERE better than the Pack that year. They haven't been since, and still aren't. I challenge you to find a Packer fan in this forum other than Gex or Paco that honestly believe that if both teams were at full strength that the Bears would be the better team. You won't. Don't choke on that Kool-Aid Bear troll.

BEARMAN
10-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Fixed.

Umm, could it be the SB run that ended in a bitter defeat at the hands of Peyton Manning - following the 2005 season? I did say that the Bears haven't been better than the Packers since 2005, didn't I? Yes, the Bears WERE better than the Pack that year. They haven't been since, and still aren't. I challenge you to find a Packer fan in this forum other than Gex or Paco that honestly believe that if both teams were at full strength that the Bears would be the better team. You won't. Don't choke on that Kool-Aid Bear troll.

Wake up at take a sip of ur KOOL-AID ! Da BEARS are atop the NFCN as they should be ! Kyle has them running on all cylinders. The "D" is coming of age, they have a run game that is legit, the team seems poised to make another run for the money !
Now the pack on the other hand , is on the way down the scale, no "O" line, questions at QB, TE, LB, RB. There is always next year, ... :shock:

Scott Campbell
10-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Kyle has them running on all cylinders.

Only a Bear fan would say that with the team at 1 game over 500.

GrnBay007
10-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Kyle has them running on all cylinders.

Only a Bear fan would say that with the team at 1 game over 500.

:lol: :lol:

meltdown is just a game or two away.....

Gunakor
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I think our question at QB has been answered Bearman. We still have the best QB in the division. And it's going to be that way for the next decade plus so you had better get used to it.

Dabaddestbear
10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I think our question at QB has been answered Bearman. We still have the best QB in the division. And it's going to be that way for the next decade plus so you had better get used to it.
This comparison will be in the works all season. The past 3 games Orton has been better though. A thread that will be bumped I am sure at the end of the season. :wink:

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Put Grossman on the field. We need to take this division!!

Iron Mike
11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Wake up at take a sip of ur KOOL-AID ! Da BEARS are atop the NFCN as they should be ! Kyle has them running on all cylinders. The "D" is coming of age, they have a run game that is legit, the team seems poised to make another run for the money !
Now the pack on the other hand , is on the way down the scale, no "O" line, questions at QB, TE, LB, RB. There is always next year, ... :shock:

Bwahahahaha!!! Priceless!! :lol:

Iron Mike
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
This comparison will be in the works all season. The past 3 games Orton has been better though. A thread that will be bumped I am sure at the end of the season. :wink:

Hells no......I'ma bump it TODAY!!!!!!

pack4to84
11-18-2008, 05:08 AM

If your talking 40 and over. Never seen a DL get pushed 4 yards down field into the end zone before the running back got to them.

Gunakor
11-18-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm sure you are looking forward to it. That's the motto of Chicago sports teams nowadays, is it not?

Your defense is not coming of age, they are getting too old. The production from your legit run game was doubled by a team with no OL and questions at QB, TE, and RB, and against a team with questions at DL and LB. Owned. But, there's always next year, right?

Dabaddestbear
11-25-2008, 05:53 AM

Watch who you laugh at my friend, and what you bump. :roll:

steve823
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM

I wouldnt be so happy there..not like your team is doing any better. Bears are built or have been built aroudn their defense and now that they arent good and they are old the team will crumple. And Im not even saying this because you think I hate the Bears or whatever...If i had to pick on eteam in our division to crush it would be the Vikings...at least this year

Dabaddestbear
11-26-2008, 10:36 AM

I wouldnt be so happy there..not like your team is doing any better. Bears are built or have been built aroudn their defense and now that they arent good and they are old the team will crumple. And Im not even saying this because you think I hate the Bears or whatever...If i had to pick on eteam in our division to crush it would be the Vikings...at least this year
Did you see an happy face or lol behind my statement? Maybe you should read the post that directly relates to your fellow Packer buddy boasting on here. My statement directly was pointed at ANYONE jumping the gun on just how good either team is right now. And keep in mind when you say the team is old that all the key play makers on the team right now are fairly young; Orton, Forte, Briggs, Olsen, Hester, Graham... So I must ask, do you just take all your theories off of pure assumption, or do you seriously believe what you say?
Another footnote, being so young hasn't exactly helped the Packers so far has it? :?

Iron Mike
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Why do you feel like talking some smack about how the Bears got their asses handed to them tonight???? :roll:

BTW, that stat from the game was Orton--7 passes, 3 ints.

Rastak
11-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Why do you feel like talking some smack about how the Bears got their asses handed to them tonight???? :roll:

Including a nice one by Sharper!

That made up for his whiff on Hester.

Dabaddestbear
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Hey, try looking at wen I posted my comment first before you comment.. :roll:
And once again how stupid can some of you on here be in regards to my comment? I WAS NOT talking smack in my comment. I WAS CRITICIZING A STUPID OVER ZEALOUS FAN FOR TALKING SMACK. -- Geez, I understand some of you guys are brain dead, but this is getting ridiculous. :?

MadtownPacker
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
And once again how stupid can some of you on here be in regards to my comment? I WAS NOT talking smack in my comment. I WAS CRITICIZING A STUPID OVER ZEALOUS FAN FOR TALKING SMACK. -- Geez, I understand some of you guys are brain dead, but this is getting ridiculous. :?Pissed cuz your team aint making the playoffs either huh? :lol:

Dabaddestbear
12-04-2008, 09:10 AM
And once again how stupid can some of you on here be in regards to my comment? I WAS NOT talking smack in my comment. I WAS CRITICIZING A STUPID OVER ZEALOUS FAN FOR TALKING SMACK. -- Geez, I understand some of you guys are brain dead, but this is getting ridiculous. :?Pissed cuz your team aint making the playoffs either huh? :lol:
Maybe..lol.
And the NFC North looked so promising in the beggining... :(

denverYooper
12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Maybe..lol.
And the NFC North looked so promising in the beggining... :(

Yeah, fo sho. And who knew the NFC South would be a powerhouse?

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 07:32 PM

Didn't I warn you about talking smack without paying attention to reality?
Still not talking smack, but I am rubbing your own assumed crap in your face. Towards the end of the season is when most fans start looking like idiots for there preseason thumping of there chest and kool-aid predictions.

--You lost to Houston dude. Houston?
Many predicted the Bears to finish no better than 3rd in the division at best. So although I wish they were in a better position, they have played better then any would have expected. The Packers talk was winning the division and some fans on here even talked about sneaking into the SB for an upset. Ahh, the fans and the Kool-aid we drink. But some of us just got pissy drunk off of it :roll:

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
There you go with those predictions that are not so good most of the time. :roll:
Yes, it will get worse. The thing is with Orton I think he is a serviceable QB that can get things done. But you for some reason think that Rodgers is a franchise QB for years to come?..lol :lol:
If it wasnt for who I consider two all pro type WR's in Driver in Jennings turning 5 yard dump offs into 40 yard gains then he would have been benched. He has always thrown the ball behind the WR's and too high when they are wide open. I have seen Driver wide open in the flat sometimes and Rodgers would float it up to him in which he would have to jump up to get the ball, which allows the defender to close in on him before he ever lands. This poor accuracy allows defenders to make up too much ground. The only thing that saves him is Driver and Jennings ability to make defenders miss with the first step.

Call me a troll if you want. But I watch football, and even a troll under a bridge can see that Rodgers is too erratic to be with any team for 10 years straight.

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM

Why you stop bumping it? Keep up the fun. :wink:

Bretsky
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
There you go with those predictions that are not so good most of the time. :roll:
Yes, it will get worse. The thing is with Orton I think he is a serviceable QB that can get things done. But you for some reason think that Rodgers is a franchise QB for years to come?..lol :lol:
If it wasnt for who I consider two all pro type WR's in Driver in Jennings turning 5 yard dump offs into 40 yard gains then he would have been benched. He has always thrown the ball behind the WR's and too high when they are wide open. I have seen Driver wide open in the flat sometimes and Rodgers would float it up to him in which he would have to jump up to get the ball, which allows the defender to close in on him before he ever lands. This poor accuracy allows defenders to make up too much ground. The only thing that saves him is Driver and Jennings ability to make defenders miss with the first step.

Call me a troll if you want. But I watch football, and even a troll under a bridge can see that Rodgers is too erratic to be with any team for 10 years straight.

I've never called you this before, but obviously tonight you are being the token troll.

Feel free to add something while you are at it

I'd still argue Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the division ?

Feel free to show some evidence to the contrary instead of showing up to stir shit up

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM

I'm sure you are looking forward to it. That's the motto of Chicago sports teams nowadays, is it not?

Your defense is not coming of age, they are getting too old. The production from your legit run game was doubled by a team with no OL and questions at QB, TE, and RB, and against a team with questions at DL and LB. Owned. But, there's always next year, right?
And your defense is?
Your running game existed when and where?
This team has had questions at QB, RB, secondary, TE, ect... The only sure spot they had was 1 WR and they walked the field with little resistance.
Yes, there is always next year. -- or is the Motto of GB fans (namely you) "well no matter how much we look like we suck, we really dont cuz....(insert your random dumb excuse here)
But really it's just your analysis of the NFL and its teams just SUCK!

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 08:08 PM

I've never called you this before, but obviously tonight you are being the token troll.

Feel free to show some evidence to the contrary instead of showing up to stir shit up
No, the fact is that Rodgers has the best WR duo in the division. Orton has put up very similar numbers with WR's that no one knows. And its not like these WR's just look better because of Rodgers. They were already good. They gave Rodgers the reigns and he is slowly letting it slip away. Defenses have film on him now and is figuring him out. It happens to many QB's that seem to have success early, but then dont know how to adjust to defenses when they adjust to them.

Pacopete4
12-08-2008, 08:08 PM

And your defense is?
This team has had questions at QB, RB, secondary, TE, ect... The only sure spot they had was 1 WR and they walked the field with little resistance.
Yes, there is always next year. -- or is the Motto of GB fans (namely you) "well no matter how much we look like we suck, we really dont cuz....(insert your random dumb excuse here)

couldnt agree more Dabaddestbear... people on here are ok with TT being under .500 as a GM. They'll throw every excuse in the book out there to justify their reason.. its just how things go on this board. I said around week 3 that the Vikings and the Bears were better... welp its the end of the season and we're now seeing that.

but hey.. we now have optimism! We traded away the winningest QB ever and in his first season of absence we are 5-8 with 3 to play... great time to be a Packers fan! Thanks TT...

th87
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM

No, the fact is that Rodgers has the best WR duo in the division. Orton has put up very similar numbers with WR's that no one knows. And its not like these WR's just look better because of Rodgers. They were already good. They gave Rodgers the reigns and he is slowly letting it slip away. Defenses have film on him now and is figuring him out. It happens to many QB's that seem to have success early, but then dont know how to adjust to defenses when they adjust to them.

37-3.

th87
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM

And your defense is?

couldnt agree more Dabaddestbear... people on here are ok with TT being under .500 as a GM. They'll throw every excuse in the book out there to justify their reason.. its just how things go on this board. I said around week 3 that the Vikings and the Bears were better... welp its the end of the season and we're now seeing that.

but hey.. we now have optimism! We traded away the winningest QB ever and in his first season of absence we are 5-8 with 3 to play... great time to be a Packers fan! Thanks TT...

The forum was better without you.

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 09:05 PM

And your defense is?

uh, yeah, I was really sad knowing that. So here I am! Just for you! :wink:

th87
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM

And your defense is?

Not you - get over yourself. :wink:

I'm talking about village idiot Paco.

Dabaddestbear
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM

And your defense is?

Aww, Paco. You cant be getting under your fellow Packer fans skin more than I. That's not fair.

th87
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM

And your defense is?

Aww, Paco. You cant be getting under your fellow Packer fans skin more than I. That's not fair.

You haven't revealed yourself as an enemy of logic. This keeps you higher on the pecking order.

Pacopete4
12-08-2008, 10:31 PM

And your defense is?

You haven't revealed yourself as an enemy of logic. This keeps you higher on the pecking order.

just because the packers blow... dont get ur panties in a bunch

th87
12-08-2008, 10:48 PM

And your defense is?

I'm okay. I'm still me. You'll wake up tomorrow and still be a loser.

Gunakor
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.

cpk1994
12-09-2008, 09:35 AM

I'm okay. I'm still me. You'll wake up tomorrow and still be a loser.You are being generous by calling him just a loser. Just when I thought the forum was getting better again, the troll came back.

Gunakor
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM

I'm sure the difference between 5-8 and 11-2 is the shitty play from our QB this season... Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Dabaddestbear
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.
Hmm, lets see..
No need to ask a question when I can just make a statement..or two..lol.
Bears Swept the Packers last year, was predicted to finish next to last in the division, yet leads the Packers by TWO GAMES! -- LOL. You and your football logic is a joke. please do the rest of your Packer fan brethren a favor and stop embarrassing them.

Gunakor
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.
Hmm, lets see..
Bears Swept the Packers last year, was predicted to finish next to last in the division, yet leads the Packers by TWO GAMES! -- LOL. You and your football logic is a joke. please do the rest of your Packer fan brethren a favor and stop embarrassing them.

We have another game yet this season. Until then the only game between the Bears and Packers was a rout by the Packers. Last year was last year. It means absolutely nothing. This year you made our Packers look like Super Bowl Champions, regardless how much of a lead you have on us. And please, if any of my Packer fan brethren are embarrased that we stomped all over your sorry asses, they aren't Packer fans in the first place.

Dabaddestbear
12-10-2008, 01:18 AM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.
Hmm, lets see..

We have another game yet this season. Until then the only game between the Bears and Packers was a rout by the Packers. Last year was last year. It means absolutely nothing. This year you made our Packers look like Super Bowl Champions, regardless how much of a lead you have on us. And please, if any of my Packer fan brethren are embarrased that we stomped all over your sorry asses, they aren't Packer fans in the first place.
No, they would be embarrassed by how you are bragging about a "Past" win when you are still TWO games behind the Bears. But for some reason YOUR past win has more meaning than the Bears past sweep...lol.
And what happened after the Bears made them look like champs? They start piling up the losses..lol. And if we still have another game left between our respective teams, then why in the Hell do you keep bragging about who is superior? You are a joke and one that will only make excuses for each Packer loss, including if they lost to the Bears...lol.
Yes, and for all of this other Packer fans will be embarrassed by you.

Gunakor
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.
Hmm, lets see..

No, they would be embarrassed by how you are bragging about a "Past" win when you are still TWO games behind the Bears. But for some reason YOUR past win has more meaning than the Bears past sweep...lol.
And what happened after the Bears made them look like champs? They start piling up the losses..lol. And if we still have another game left between our respective teams, then why in the Hell do you keep bragging about who is superior? You are a joke and one that will only make excuses for each Packer loss, including if they lost to the Bears...lol.

Okay my fellow Packer fan brethren, sound off. Who amongst you is embarrased by the fact that I make such a profound statement as this to a Bear troll?

P.S. If the roles were reversed, and the Packers had a 2 game lead over the Bears at this point in the season, even after getting our asses handed to us 37-3 by the Bears earlier this year, YOU would be saying the same shit. I remember last year, and you continue to bring that up which reinforces my position. We were how many games ahead of Chicago after week 17 last year? And you Bear trolls couldn't live down THOSE past games, could you? Don't choke on that one, I know it's tough to swallow.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Fight the good fight Gun but understand dbb is like some daises. Comes out real quick when the sun is out but in reality he is just covering up for something that is already dead.

Dabaddestbear
12-13-2008, 03:54 PM

And your defense is?

37-3. Next question.
Hmm, lets see..

Okay my fellow Packer fan brethren, sound off. Who amongst you is embarrased by the fact that I make such a profound statement as this to a Bear troll?

P.S. If the roles were reversed, and the Packers had a 2 game lead over the Bears at this point in the season, even after getting our asses handed to us 37-3 by the Bears earlier this year, YOU would be saying the same shit. I remember last year, and you continue to bring that up which reinforces my position. We were how many games ahead of Chicago after week 17 last year? And you Bear trolls couldn't live down THOSE past games, could you? Don't choke on that one, I know it's tough to swallow.
Ha...this is too funny and easy...
Last year the only time I brought up the Bears sweep was if, and only if, a Packer fan such as yourself kept saying how sorry the Bears were. Now why dont your lying ass find one quote were I was on here bringing up the sweep for any other reason other than a Packer fan trying to give it to the Bears. Call me a troll all you want, but the fact remains that I talk football, and I only rag on your team when I catch you ragging on mine. This entire thread was aimed at poking fun at the Bears QB's which have won more games for their team this year than the Packers golden chosen one, Rodgers. Even when Orton plays bad, he finds a way to win.
--So Choke on that...lol.

Iron Mike
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
This entire thread was aimed at poking fun at the Bears QB's which have won more games for their team this year than the Packers golden chosen one, Rodgers. Even when Orton plays bad, he finds a way to win.

Countdown to next series of trolling begins in 3,2,1.............

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Orton is terrible.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
This entire thread was aimed at poking fun at the Bears QB's which have won more games for their team this year than the Packers golden chosen one, Rodgers. Even when Orton plays bad, he finds a way to win.

Countdown to next series of trolling begins in 3,2,1.............

I'm not going to get into it with him over this anymore. This is just sickening. We dominated Chicago for 7 straight quarters this season and the one quarter we didn't they ended up winning a football game. Fuck. Whatever DBB says, he's probably right. This team has no desire anymore. They can't even win a rivalry game they dominate for 3 quarters... it's disgusting.

That said, Rodgers looked way better than Orton again. Since that's what DBB had argued from the beginning, I think we can claim a small victory there.

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Orton is terrible.

I don't even think DBB will be able to brag about Orton. He is awful. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB stare down receivers the way he does. He stares a hole through their jerseys.

Dabaddestbear
12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Stop it you guys.
How many times do I have to repeat to the deaf, dumb , and blind that I was NEVER bragging about Orton. Find ONE thread where I was. If not then shut the hell up making up lies just to support your own feeble attempts at stirring things up.

Now Orton was bad tonight just like he have been since his return from the ankle injury, but each time when it counted he put the Bears in position to WIN the game. I take a WIN over stats any day. And so if you want to keep on knocking the kid, just keep in mind that his wins are steadily stacking up, while Rodgers is just compiling losses.

Take notice, I was always knocking Rodgers more than I was actually praising Orton. And that was only because you guys made him out to be a laughing stock, while he is the QB of the team that is WINNING!

Rodgers has been in position 8 times this year to win games for his team and has been unable to do it. Everyone wants a QB that can get it done when it counts in the clutch. Maybe Orton is not that guy, but surely in that case, Rodgers isn't even close..lol.

Never the less, this was a nice hard fought game that had many breaks going both ways. I just love this rivalry.

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Stop it you guys.
How many times do I have to repeat to the deaf, dumb , and blind that I was NEVER bragging about Orton. Find ONE thread where I was. If not then shut the hell up making up lies just to support your own feeble attempts at stirring things up.

Now Orton was bad tonight just like he have been since his return from the ankle injury, but each time when it counted he put the Bears in position to WIN the game. I take a WIN over stats any day. And so if you want to keep on knocking the kid, just keep in mind that his wins are steadily stacking up, while Rodgers is just compiling losses.

Take notice, I was always knocking Rodgers more than I was actually praising Orton. And that was only because you guys made him out to be a laughing stock, while he is the QB of the team that is WINNING!

Rodgers has been in position 8 times this year to win games for his team and has been unable to do it. Everyone wants a QB that can get it done when it counts in the clutch. Maybe Orton is not that guy, but surely in that case, Rodgers isn't even close..lol.

Never the less, this was a nice hard fought game that had many breaks going both ways. I just love this rivalry.

Certainly you aren't putting this one on Rodgers too. He had moved the ball inside the Bears 20 yard line with 25 seconds to go in the game. Maybe he gets even closer if MM doesn't call 3 running plays in a row, taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands. I don't know. But considering where this offense was with less than 30 seconds to go, I'd say Rodgers met his end of the bargain last night.

Dabaddestbear
12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Stop it you guys.

Certainly you aren't putting this one on Rodgers too. He had moved the ball inside the Bears 20 yard line with 25 seconds to go in the game. Maybe he gets even closer if MM doesn't call 3 running plays in a row, taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands. I don't know. But considering where this offense was with less than 30 seconds to go, I'd say Rodgers met his end of the bargain last night.
No, i'm not putting this all on Rodgers. Just spoke on him and Orton mostly cuz this thread is about QB's...lol

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
DBB is making it painstakingly obvious that he gets his opinions on Aaron Rodgers from the mainstream media.

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
DBB is making it painstakingly obvious that he gets his opinions on Aaron Rodgers from the mainstream media.

Even FarveSPN - and Kornhole specifically - praised Aaron Rodgers as the Packers MVP this season during the telecast last night. Kornhole even went as far as to say that Aaron Rodgers might even be the better of the two QB's this season, regardless of their records. I was shocked, to say the least. But it appears that even the MSM is giving Rodgers the credit that I and many other Packer fans feel he deserves.

cpk1994
12-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Stop it you guys.

No, but Partial will.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 01:31 PM

Even FarveSPN - and Kornhole specifically - praised Aaron Rodgers as the Packers MVP this season during the telecast last night. Kornhole even went as far as to say that Aaron Rodgers might even be the better of the two QB's this season, regardless of their records. I was shocked, to say the least. But it appears that even the MSM is giving Rodgers the credit that I and many other Packer fans feel he deserves.

And then there was Skip Bayless......

cpk1994
12-23-2008, 01:41 PM

And then there was Skip Bayless......Never mention that retards name again.

Partial
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Stop it you guys.

No, but Partial will.

You should really stop putting words in my mouth. That's utter bs.

I don't blame this one on Rodgers. He played OK in the first half, and the offense as a whole was awful in the second half.

Where is the accountability for 3 second half points?!?

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Stop it you guys.

No, but Partial will.

I don't blame this one on Rodgers. He played OK in the first half, and the offense as a whole was awful in the second half.

On the offensive line trying to block for a chip shot Mason Crosby would be game winning field goal. There should have been 6, and 6 would have won the game.

Partial
12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Stop it you guys.

No, but Partial will.

On the offensive line trying to block for a chip shot Mason Crosby would be game winning field goal. There should have been 6, and 6 would have won the game.

Neither field goal in that weather is a chip shot.

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Stop it you guys.

No, but Partial will.

Neither field goal in that weather is a chip shot.

The kick wasn't blocked because Mase couldn't get his footing. The kick wasn't blocked because Flynn couldn't get the hold down. It wasn't blocked because of the wind. It was blocked because our guys up front couldn't keep the Bears from pushing them back nearly THREE YARDS in a matter of a second or two. So you can make all the excuses you want to that it was or was not a chip shot, but you can't deflect blame for the block. That's where the accountability lies. Thus, that's where the accountability lies in there being only 3 points scored in the second half, and shares a large share of the accountability in the defeat.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 03:44 PM

I know, he's bad. He was saying today on ESPN First Take that if the Packers had kept Favre they would of easily won the division.

Yes, I know, he belongs on this forum. :lol:

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 03:54 PM

I know, he's bad. He was saying today on ESPN First Take that if the Packers had kept Favre they would of easily won the division.

Yes, I know, he belongs on this forum. :lol:

Yeah, because if they had Favre on this team the defense would surely come up with key stops, Mason Crosby doesn't miss a GW FG, and our QB would certainly not throw an INT with under 2 minutes to go and needing a score. Wouldn't happen. I thought the younger crowd here at PR that suggested as much was wrong, but now that Skip Bayless has agreed with them, I think I'll reconsider my position.

cpk1994
12-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Yes, I know, he belongs on this forum. :lol:He reared his uglyy head again. He and Stephen A. Smith were on 1st & 10 talking about who had the better year, Favre or Pennington. Bayless picked Favre and made up every excuse he could for Favre's shortcomings. Smith, who I really hate, then went out and totally punked that clown. Bayless tried to make the argument that Favre had the better year becuase he beat the Titans and the Patriots. Smith than proceded to list the losses to Oakland, SF, Seattle etc. and smaked around Bayless so bad that he started to whine. It got to the point where even Dana Jacobson implied that Skip was an idiot. It was awesome.

Dabaddestbear
12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, ignore the fact that I reside in Wisconsin and have watched every Packer game this season. :roll:

And pay attention to what I post son, and you will see that I do not just say what the mainstream does, I was saying these things when they were still praising Rodgers!