PDA

View Full Version : Final Favre Tribute (a Cleft Crusty exclusive)

Cleft Crusty
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM
The Packer management has been troubled recently over how to pay tribute to the legacy of Favre, even becoming bewildered over what to do with Favre's locker. President and CEO Mark Murphy and GM Ted Thompson have finally arrived at a solution that will appeal to everyone: Favre is to be encased in carbonite and displayed on the Packer locker room wall. There may be some difficulties getting Favre to the facility to be frozen, but Thompson has a plan to abduct Favre family members to lure Favre to the facility. "He's always been reckless," said Thompson, "and he won't sacrifice his family, even if it will destroy all they've worked for." Murphy expressed concerns over the freezing process. Thompson indicated the device was "Crude, but sufficient." Plans are in place to first test the device on Jerry Babb. If he's frozen, then Favre will be cleared. It's expected that Favre will remain alive, and in perfect hibernation. Thompson also indicated the benefits of having Favre frozen on site. "Really, it's the best option. In an emergency, we could thaw him and use him in a game." When reminded by a reporter that the freezing process resulted in temporary blindness, Thompson replied "That never stopped Favre from tossing the ball before."

the_idle_threat
06-01-2008, 06:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
06-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I assume Rodgers will come to rescue Favre on Tattoine?

Deputy Nutz
06-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I am sure Chewy would be there as well.

pbmax
06-03-2008, 09:26 AM
This post is a fraud. No way Cleft has seen a movie since Casablanca at the Bijou downtown in Fort during the Truman administration.

He paid a quarter to get in, snuck in three buddies through the emergency exit and paid 10 cents for some Goobers.

alquaal
06-03-2008, 09:41 AM

Yeah, he could "thaw him out" in his hot tub.

Yikes!

Tarlam!
06-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Yikes!

I just noticed, alquaal is from Norway! What a beautiful place!! They have a pretty big town that is my surname!

And, ya just gotta love sitting at Oslo Habour in the summertime....

Not sure if you've been welcomed, alquaal, but it's great to have another Euro Rat around! Welcome!

Cleft Crusty
06-03-2008, 10:51 PM
This post is a fraud. No way Cleft has seen a movie since Casablanca at the Bijou downtown in Fort during the Truman administration.

He paid a quarter to get in, snuck in three buddies through the emergency exit and paid 10 cents for some Goobers.

Was there a movie reference in here? I only report what I hear and give unvarnished, straight from the gut (with indigestion) opinions. Besides, you have the wrong era - The last movie I remember was Kelly's Heroes - and I watched it at a drive-in (on my motor cycle) eating polish sausage washed down with a six pack of Old Style.

alquaal
06-04-2008, 05:57 AM

Yikes!

I just noticed, alquaal is from Norway! What a beautiful place!! They have a pretty big town that is my surname!

And, ya just gotta love sitting at Oslo Habour in the summertime....

Not sure if you've been welcomed, alquaal, but it's great to have another Euro Rat around! Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome but I have to apologize for not being more specific. My Norway is a small but beautiful town about an hour and a half north of Green Bay on the Michigan side of the border. As I am Skandinavian by birth I look forward to one day visiting Oslo Harbour in the summertime. Skoll!!

Tarlam!
06-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the welcome but I have to apologize for not being more specific. My Norway is a small but beautiful town about an hour and a half north of Green Bay on the Michigan side of the border. As I am Skandinavian by birth I look forward to one day visiting Oslo Harbour in the summertime. Skoll!!

Oh. Really? Hmmmm.

At least you're a Pack fan. Good enough for me! WELCOME!!

Badgerinmaine
06-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Freezing seemed to work okay for Austin Powers. :P

woodbuck27
06-06-2008, 09:36 PM
The freezing part seems OK. It's the thawing process after seeing his misery in his last game Vs the Giants, that throws the plan into question.

gbgary
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
http://brickartist.com/gallery/solo11.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/02/hansolocarbonite.jpg

ted's desk?!!

Little Whiskey
06-08-2008, 08:47 PM

alquaal, I hunt just outside of norway. the closest "town" is feltch. if your around for the sunday during hunting season you'll find me in solbergs.

CaliforniaCheez
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
It ain't over 'til it's over - Yogi Bera

Cleft Crusty
02-03-2014, 12:27 AM
It seemed like a good time to pull this out of the archive. Clefty got the scoop, but Thompson never followed through....