PDA

View Full Version : Herron fights off home invaders

digitaldean
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=6/3/2008&id=40628

Noah Herron had his home in Howard (GB suburb) broken into.

He unscrewed a bedpost and fought off the would-be invaders.

Thankfully, he was unharmed....

Tony Oday
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
sad thing is the guy that was robbing him had a gun ;) GO HERON!

SkinBasket
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I want to know how badly he punished the shitbag with that bed leg. I also respect the fact that a minimum contract player is sleeping on screw-together furniture instead of trying to live the "Cribs" life.

I still hope we're a good enough team that he doesn't make the roster however.

Zool
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Good thing the guy didnt try to run. He would have gotten away.

Gunakor
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oregonpackfan
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Any homeowner these days has to be careful in confronting intruders. More and more intruders are individuals high on meth bent on stealing to trade the stolen goods for money.

While Herron is obviously a strong, athletic, young man, people who are high on meth can be strong, formidable foes.

Herron certainly had the right to use physical force to confront the intruders. I'm just glad he wasn't hurt.

swede
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
While Herron is obviously a strong, athletic, young man, people who are high on meth can be strong, formidable foes.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/3839_180x180_9b2f00f37307f2c2f372ac.gif

Patler
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Green Bay Packers running back Noah Herron fought off intruders...striking one with a bed post ...

The intruder was injured during the May 30th ...

....One is still hospitalized ...

Sounds like he wields a mean bed post! Anyone know his baseball background?

How soon before the slimebag that was hurt sues Herron for his hospitalization??? :evil:

MadScientist
06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Any homeowner these days has to be careful in confronting intruders. More and more intruders are individuals high on meth bent on stealing to trade the stolen goods for money.

Herron certainly had the right to use physical force to confront the intruders. I'm just glad he wasn't hurt.
Sean Taylor anyone? Yes he could have been killed, but he could have been killed even if he wasn't prepared for a fight.

Nice to see the good guy win one. A big one at that, since those scum were thought to be involved in a whole series of home burglaries.

BallHawk
06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Did the intruder get away with anything? Perhaps Herron's shoes filled with cement? God, let's hope so.

Tony Oday
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
lol watch Herron become a stud third down back this year :)

billy_oliver880
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Green Bay Packers running back Noah Herron fought off intruders...striking one with a bed post ...

The intruder was injured during the May 30th ...

....One is still hospitalized ...

Sounds like he wields a mean bed post! Anyone know his baseball background?

How soon before the slimebag that was hurt sues Herron for his hospitalization??? :evil:

So sad yet so true. :x

Tony Oday
06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
With a trial by a jury in WI good luck getting any sympathy ;)

KYPack
06-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I've always liked Herron. He's a lunch pail kind of player. Not a lot of talent, but plays hard & makes few mental errors.

That said, I hope he gets cut bc our roster is too strong to keep a player of his ability.

Kiwon
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Never mess with a man named Noah.

Kudos to him. He's the fortunate one.....that he didn't have anything more lethal than a bedpost available.

I hope beating the crap out of the guy was good Gestalt therapy for him.

CaliforniaCheez
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Herron beats off strange man at his house.

MJZiggy
06-03-2008, 07:38 PM
If only he did as well with would-be tacklers as would-be home invaders...

StPaulPackFan
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Herron beats off strange man at his house.

Let's just hope he doesn't get charged with sexual assualt too. :lol:

red
06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
he's very lucky after what happened to shawn taylor.

but its good to see he put the guy in the hospital. and like patlar said, he'll probably get sued over this crap

watch this inspire him and fill him with confidence and become a beast on the field

the_idle_threat
06-04-2008, 01:24 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badgerinmaine
06-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Any word on who did it yet? Good for him that he ran them off. You'd think that would be startling to players that this happened where it did.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Any word on who did it yet? Good for him that he ran them off. You'd think that would be startling to players that this happened where it did.Haha, you didnt read the article? The cops found one outside and the other is still in the hospital from the bedpost beating he got. :lol:

GBRulz
06-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Any word on who did it yet? Good for him that he ran them off. You'd think that would be startling to players that this happened where it did.

He wasn't targeted because he was a player. There have actually been a bunch of burglaries in that area recently. They think the guys who got caught may be connected in as many as 40 other break-ins in the area.

What's next? Noah gets the key to the Village of Howard?

mission
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
well we KNOW this has nothing to do with steroids at least ...

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I can hear that guy explaining this one in prison...."A dude hit my head up against the bedpost and knocked me out"

hmmmmm.......

Deputy Nutz
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I can hear that guy explaining this one in prison...."A dude hit my head up against the bedpost and knocked me out"

hmmmmm.......

Or he sung a bed post at my head like he was Albert Pujols.

gbgary
06-07-2008, 01:16 AM

:rs:

GrnBay007
06-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Updated: June 24, 2008, 5:17 PM EST

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Two Green Bay men face charges of burglarizing the home of Packers running back Noah Herron, who hit one of them over the head with a bedpost when the man came in his bedroom.

Yeshua Tate, 31, was charged with two counts of being party to burglary on Friday after he was released from a Madison hospital.

The same charges were filed Monday in Brown County Circuit Court against Joel Mullin-Romo, 20, who was arrested outside Herron's home. He has remained in custody on a probation hold.

Investigators said Tate had a key in his pocket for a sport utility vehicle parked nearby that had three flat-screen TVs inside that were taken from a neighboring residence the same night.

Police said Mullin-Romo had $3,500 in cash in his pocket when he was apprehended.

According a criminal complaint, Herron was in an upstairs bedroom playing a video game and talking by phone with his girlfriend about 11:30 p.m. May 30 when the doorbell rang twice. He ignored it and then heard people on his deck, so he called police.

When he heard breaking glass and realized people were inside and coming up the stairs, he called police a second time.

Then he unscrewed a bedpost, hid behind a bedroom door and saw a man enter and take cash from his desk drawer. Herron told police the man went to the stairs and called to someone else, which made him fear for his life as he realized there were at least two people inside.

When the second intruder came in, Herron hit him in the head, then shut the bedroom door to keep the other man out.

He said he heard one person running outside, and when the man on the floor started to get up, he hit him again and then went to his garage and told police a man upstairs needed medical help.