PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them Packers?

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 05:01 AM
I am absolutely over the moon by the attendance in OTAs. I distinctly remember in previous years, especially pre M3 that most vets would not show up unless it was mandatory.

Even Woodson, renowned for doing his own thing, is there. And now, Al' Harris, too! And despite not signing his contract, Ryan Grant is on the sidelines.

I am so pumped by this display of team loyalty!!!

I have to believe this is down to a culture being spawned by TT and M3.

We fans should be damned proud of the leadership and the team.

/soapbox

RashanGary
06-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I agree. I like to see who's in shape and out of shape at the start of TC and in the offseason. Many times the first sign of a dud is when he shows up out of shape one year, then gone the next. This year everyone looks to be in better shape than a year ago except a couple guys who are always in great shape. Patler mentioned in a different thread that Moll looked soft and I agree. He seems to have hit a plateau and it mgiht not be good enough.

Tramon Williams, in particular, looks to be ripped this year. His body looks like a young Al Harris.

vince
06-05-2008, 08:19 AM
I remember seeing a picture of Arliss Beach standing next to Brandon Jackson about this time last year. Beach, who showed some flash the year before prior to hurting his knee, looked very soft compared to Brandon Jackson. It was obvious that he hadn't put in the offseason work necessary, and for a guy already on the bubble, that didn't bode well for him. He didn't even make it into camp if I recall correctly.

LL2
06-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I am absolutely over the moon by the attendance in OTAs. I distinctly remember in previous years, especially pre M3 that most vets would not show up unless it was mandatory.

Even Woodson, renowned for doing his own thing, is there. And now, Al' Harris, too! And despite not signing his contract, Ryan Grant is on the sidelines.

I am so pumped by this display of team loyalty!!!

I have to believe this is down to a culture being spawned by TT and M3.

We fans should be damned proud of the leadership and the team.

/soapbox

Finishing 13-3 and M3 showing what he can do probably has something to do with a strong OTA showing.

packrat
06-05-2008, 09:01 AM
So much competition at every position means guys know they can lose their job, which helps. What a remarkable difference in team attitude over a few years ago.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 09:19 AM
They had great attendance last year, as well. It took a year for the players to buy into Coach Mac's system, but they appear to be sold on the improving from within concept. I think it helps that the Packers have shown they aren't afraid to play young players--no matter the pedigree.

oregonpackfan
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Another encouraging aspect other posters have mentioned in other threads is the absence of distracting "bad" team news--players demanding to be traded, players holding out, players in trouble with the law, etc.

Being able to focus exclusively on plays, schemes, etc without the distractions has to be a plus, IMO.

cheesner
06-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree. I like to see who's in shape and out of shape at the start of TC and in the offseason. Many times the first sign of a dud is when he shows up out of shape one year, then gone the next. This year everyone looks to be in better shape than a year ago except a couple guys who are always in great shape. Patler mentioned in a different thread that Moll looked soft and I agree. He seems to have hit a plateau and it mgiht not be good enough.

Tramon Williams, in particular, looks to be ripped this year. His body looks like a young Al Harris.
Whenever I hear Rock speak, he seems to be so motivating and compelling. I wonder how much of an impact he has on inspiring these young men to work out smarter and harder. In turn, I wonder how much of an impact that will make on the team.

It is all a part of becoming a winner - even the non-glamorous roles in the organization.

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
even the non-glamorous roles in the organization.

Now, this quote is just outright wisdom. Friggin' heck we have some genious on this board.