PDA

View Full Version : Interracial Relationship/Marriage: Are you for or against it

PackFan#1
06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Watched American History X on Dvd last night and there is a deleted scene where the fat racist dude and the white supremacist boss are sitting in a burger joint and a black dude who looks like a jock walks in with his hot white girlfriend and the racists are like, "yo, black man, why can't you stay true to your own race?"

Just wondering what people think about this matter...

GoPackGo
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
My conservative upbringing gave me an instinct to frown upon interracial relationships. Then I grew up and decided its not for me to judge.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm against stupid people breeding regardless of race. And you won't get any votes cuz no one will go on the record saying they are a bigot.

sheepshead
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm very conservative. Dated a black chick for a bit. (her dad played in the NFL too!)

I have no problem who does what with whom. I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.

SkinBasket
06-05-2008, 02:52 PM
My dad's real conservative too and he humped a black hooker in mexico 40 years ago.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.

Whereas a young black man in an overairshocked car blaring misogynist lyrics and flashing gang symbols might inspire negative feelings, the color of his skin doesn't make you a rascist. Now if a well dressed respectful decent young man acting responsibly who happens to be black inspires negative feelings....one might be a rascist.

I don't mean to call you out, but I hate seeing things like...I'm a conservative, but I have no problem with inter-racial marriage...as though its normal to think a conservative would have such a problem. That unfair assosciation has been so well ingrained by the left and it just pisses me right the fuck off.

GoPackGo
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Conservatism of today is not the same as conservatism of yesterday. Conservatism of yesterday gets that label for a reason.

PackFan#1
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Whereas a young black man in an overairshocked car blaring misogynist lyrics and flashing gang symbols might inspire negative feelings, the color of his skin doesn't make you a rascist. Now if a well dressed respectful decent young man acting responsibly who happens to be black inspires negative feelings....one might be a rascist.

Are you saying that it is ok to be racist toward blacks who are influenced by the hip-hop culture?

No wonder liberals like to associate conservatives with racism.

PackFan#1
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.

Popular votes created Jim Crow laws. Without liberal judges, those laws would still exist today.

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Are you saying that it is ok to be racist toward blacks who are influenced by the hip-hop culture?

Try as you might, but I didn't read what he wrote that way. I think you're pushing shit uphill if you want to claim he's racist based on what he wrote.

PackFan#1
06-05-2008, 04:03 PM

Try as you might, but I didn't read what he wrote that way. I think you're pushing shit uphill if you want to claim he's racist based on what he wrote.

Read again. No one is calling him a racist.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Conservatism of today is not the same as conservatism of yesterday. Conservatism of yesterday gets that label for a reason.

you mean because republicans horsed through the civil rights movement despite Al Gore's daddy?

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 04:14 PM

You called him a racist with your innuendo. I called you on it, now your backing away.

GoPackGo
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM

you mean because republicans horsed through the civil rights movement despite Al Gore's daddy?

I don't know what you mean.
The older generations of conservatives frown on interacial dating. I consider myself part of the new generation of conservatives that is more moderate socially

twoseven
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think. College, I had experienced the whole damn melting pot by the time the smoke had cleared. Forget frowning on interracial hook ups, let's get serious and do something about letting stupid people hook up and reproduce. :lol:

Deputy Nutz
06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think. College, I had experienced the whole damn melting pot by the time the smoke had cleared. Forget frowning on interracial hook ups, let's get serious and do something about letting stupid people hook up and reproduce. :lol:

I think you are against it, you now know that regardless of race marriage is a stinker for any man.

PackFan#1

You called him a racist with your innuendo. I called you on it, now your backing away.

Wtf? I asked him a question. Did he meant to say that it is ok to have "Negative feelings" toward blacks who dress like gangsta rappers, but it is wrong to have "negative feelings" toward blacks who dress causally?

Nowhere did i call him a racist.

Harlan Huckleby
I have no problem who does what with whom. I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.

Ironic!
It was only judges interpreting the constitution that ended the miscegenation laws, finally, in the 1960's. If it was left to voters, it would have been illegal for blacks and whites to marry in many states for years to come. Might even still be illegal today. And I'm serious, I doubt the race problems would have been solved yet without our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

You can't always leave things to the popular will.

Well, you could, but then we would live in a very different country.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think.

You'll stick to your own kind like mom said next time?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.

You might be right, but it does seem quite strange that most of the racists i've met seem to hold conservative values close to their heart.

Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative.

P.S. I'm talking about being racist, not prejudiced.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM

You might be right, but it does seem quite strange that most of the racists i've met seem to hold conservative values close to their heart.

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's? :?:

I really don't think racism is tied to liberal/conservative thinking anymore.

sheepshead
06-05-2008, 04:37 PM

Ironic!
It was only judges interpreting the constitution that ended the miscegenation laws, finally, in the 1960's. If it was left to voters, it would have been illegal for blacks and whites to marry in many states for years to come. Might even still be illegal today. And I'm serious, I doubt the race problems would have been solved yet without our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

You can't always leave things to the popular will.

Well, you could, but then we would live in a very different country.

I still believe in states rights, I dont know where these dorks heads were at back then and we have the benefit of historical perspective. Look, it took Jackie Robinson to break the color barrier. Brothers cant play baseball?? WTF?

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 06:05 PM

Wtf? I asked him a question. Did he meant to say that it is ok to have "Negative feelings" toward blacks who dress like gangsta rappers, but it is wrong to have "negative feelings" toward blacks who dress causally?

Nowhere did i call him a racist.
OK, I'll answer your question...quote ALL of my words next time. No, I don't mean to say something I didn't say. I don't mean to say something that I actually implied just the opposite of. If you are capable of actually reading what I said and comprehending the meaning you wouldn't have to ask such a stupid question. You are doing exactly what I said pisses me the fuck off which is when any "conservative" so much as tries to discuss race you will grab on to anything you can to imply he is a rascist. And you did imply that.

By asking that question are you saying it IS ok to hate women...I mean, if you read what I said....mysoginist lyrics....and you seem to have a problem with me having negative feelings towards such an individual I can only conclude you hate women...its so obvious.

The entire point of my post, which everyone but you seemed to get is that if a person is acting like a punk and you think he is a punk the skin color is irrelavent.

Let me phrase it another way.

If a white guy murders your wife and you hate him it doesn't mean you are rascist against white guys.

Is that clearer?

PS..you didn't ask about negative feelings...you asked if I was saying its ok to be a rascist, and now you are backpedalling indeed.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's? :?:

I really don't think racism is tied to liberal/conservative thinking anymore.

First:
=======================================

The bill was sent to the House of Representatives, and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Emmanuel Celler. After a series of hearings on the bill, Celler's committee greatly strengthened the act, adding provisions to ban racial discrimination in employment. The bill was reported out of the Judiciary Committee in November 1963, but was then referred to the Rules Committee, whose chairman, Howard W. Smith, a Democrat from Virginia, indicated his intention to keep the bill bottled up indefinitely
========================================
Next:
===========================================
The bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964 and the "Southern Bloc" of southern Senators led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage. Said Russell "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[3]
============================================
and:
On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation. Until then, the measure had occupied the Senate for 57 working days, including six Saturdays.
You mean a high ranking democrat is a rascist and former clansman??
And FINALLY!!!

Vote totals
Totals are in "Yea-Nay" format:

The original House version: 290-130 (69%-31%)
The Senate version: 73-27 (73%-27%)
The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289-126 (70%-30%)

[edit] By party
The original House version:[6]

Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
The Senate version:[6]

Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[6]

Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)
============================================
Yep, those conservatives surely are the rascists, its obvious. Like I said, I get pissed right the fuck off by this myth that the democrats have been able to perpetuate after doing everything they could to stop the civil rights bill and then not supporting it as strongly as republicans.

Harlen, I know you are a fairly smart dude, but the numbers and facts don't lie...only the perception that has been portrayed every since does.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 06:22 PM

Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative.

And this is just inflamatory bullshit. First off, I would like you to document the 99% number...oh, you can't, nm. I would like to add that 100% of the
murderers i have met are liberals. I'm just saying is all.

Second, not sure where you are hanging out meeting conservative rascists, but I'm not buying it. Personally I haven't gotten to know any rascists long enough to know there political stance...I'm shocked you have.

Third...see senator byrd above...former clansman...high ranking liberal.

Finally, I hope you aren't implying people like David Duke are conservatives, he is simply a bigot, and lumping him with conservatives is like lumping the unabomber with liberals.

BTW, any high ranking republicans former clansmen??

Scott Campbell
06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think.

You'll stick to your own kind like mom said next time?

You're one to talk. We'd be happy enough if you'd stick to the same species for a change.

Freak Out
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
We need this poll? Fuck.....

Partial
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Could not care less.

texaspackerbacker
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
As for the original question, no big deal one way or the other.

It would be interesting to how different people even define "interracial marriage", not to mention how they define "racism" and "prejudiced"--which somebody seemed to distinguish one from the other.

Depending on how you define your terms, you can either snare just about everybody or absolve everybody.

"I have a dream ......." Anybody read Ol' MLK's speech lately? It sounds like it's right out of the conservative playbook--completely contrary to what the libs are pushing.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 07:26 PM

Depends on what your definition of Conservatism is, but I see you are doing the old Democratic trick of trying to associate Conservatives/Republicans with racism.

A Republican ended slavery. A Republican ended Jim Crow. Republican legislators supported the Civil Rights Movement by a greater percentage than Democratic legislators. Look it up. You are associating the ideals of the pre-60s Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats) with Conservatism.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2008, 07:31 PM

And this is just inflamatory bullshit. First off, I would like you to document the 99% number...oh, you can't, nm. I would like to add that 100% of the
murderers i have met are liberals. I'm just saying is all.

Second, not sure where you are hanging out meeting conservative rascists, but I'm not buying it. Personally I haven't gotten to know any rascists long enough to know there political stance...I'm shocked you have.

Third...see senator byrd above...former clansman...high ranking liberal.

Finally, I hope you aren't implying people like David Duke are conservatives, he is simply a bigot, and lumping him with conservatives is like lumping the unabomber with liberals.

BTW, any high ranking republicans former clansmen??

Document? What kind of stupidity is that? I clearly talked ABOUT MY LIFE. Are you calling me a liar? I lived in the south for 10 plus years and met plenty of racists.

Perhaps you need to take a little trip to mississippi sometime.

Who mentioned a political party. Nice strawman. Senator Byrd long ago disavowed his membership. Furthermore, those southern Dems weren't liberals. That would be akin to talking about republicans in the 1800s and comparing them to today's republicans. Get serious.

More to the point, liberal isn't a synonym for Dem..any more than conserv is for repub.

Take some time to think before you post. I clearly said that being conservative doesn't mean you are racist, but most if not all the racists i've met are conservative...both socially, religously, culturally, economically, etc.

As for KKK republicans...again, strawman. THe kkk was founded to intimidate blacks and white supporters of the repub party. However, you know that party isn't the same as today's.

More importantly, ONLY ONE KNOWN KLAN MEMBER IS KNOW TO HAVE SERVED IN THE FEDERAL GOV'T. So, you just look foolish bringing up Byrd..who joined at age 24 and has publicly renounced his involvement. But, let's all talk about something that he disavowed over 50 years ago. :roll:

But, if you want, we can play that game. Yes, i would consider Gov. Ed Jackson of Indiana high ranking, as would Benjamin Stapleton as mayor of Denver and Clarence Morley as governor of Colorado.

As for Duke, he ran AS A REPUBLICAN FOR GOV of LA. And, he beat out Treen who was endorsed by Pres. Bush...speaks volumes.

Or should we forget that jesse helms ran for prez on a strict segregationist platform...not a klansmen, but definitely repub.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 07:37 PM

And this is just inflamatory bullshit.

One sentence sums up "Tyrone's" posts so accurately. I've met conservative racists, liberal racists (lots of union member types and inner city folks that would classify themselves as Democrats), and black racists (lots of them in the inner city also). All about equally. History shows which party has advanced black causes more. Of course, Democrats get the glory from MSM--mostly because of entitlement programs.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
BTW, this is a stupid poll.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM

And this is just inflamatory bullshit.

One sentence sums up "Tyrone's" posts so accurately. I've met conservative racists, liberal racists (lots of union member types and inner city folks that would classify themselves as Democrats), and black racists (lots of them in the inner city also). All about equally. History shows which party has advanced black causes more. Of course, Democrats get the glory from MSM--mostly because of entitlement programs.

As usual, you conflate being liberal with being a democrat. Being democrat doesn't mean you are a liberal.

I freely admit that there are prejudiced people of all political persuasions, but racism is quite a bit different than being prejudiced.

I rarely have met a black person who thinks blacks are a superior race.

texaspackerbacker
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Some would say that the most vile racism is picturing minorities as incapable of competing in life without affirmative action and a myriad of liberal social programs to give them an advantage. Conversely, the clearest example of equality--as articulated by Martin Luther King, is merely leveling the playing field--and making the assumption that minorities are no different than anybody else in their desire not to be taxed to death or have intrusive government get in their business.

Some might also call it racist to take for granted the vote of a particular minority--delivered at about a 90% rate wrapped up and tied with a pink bow by the black leaders/overseers of the liberal plantation, and then for that party to blatantly fly in the face of that minority population on moral issues--not to mention taxation, defense, and security.

Let's see what our elitist government-loving, abortion-loving, gay agenda pushing Dem/libs have to say about this.

MJZiggy
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
BTW, this is a stupid poll.

I don't see the "I don't give a fuck what they do" option...

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 10:01 PM
As usual, you conflate being liberal with being a democrat. Being democrat doesn't mean you are a liberal.

I freely admit that there are prejudiced people of all political persuasions, but racism is quite a bit different than being prejudiced.

Ok, I'll play your game.

As usual, you conflate being rascist with being a conservative. And just cuz David Duke runs as a republican does not make him a conservative...he is a bigot and any member of the party would say so. His assosciation with the party is a disgrace, but you can't push a guy out who wins a nomination fair and square.

I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately. Cris Carter said when he sees a white guy lineup across from him he assumes he is an inferior athlete.

And I too will freely admit that there are rascists and bigots in every walk of life and its not fair, but it is equally unfair to make ANY connection with being a conservative or a liberal.

BTW, you said "Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative. " I guess in line with the rest of the post, you meant in your experience, but as a seperate paragraph I didn't read it that way. I can say in all honesty of the 5 co-workers I have ever had show rascist tendencies (in my eyes) 3 were liberals and 2 were conservatives. One was a socialist liberal and he was the most openly rascist of the group.

I have been to mississippi and all over the south and pretty much the US at different times, and I guess no matter what you and I throw back and forth.....assosciating conservative and rascist pisses me the fuck off and always will.

I could go on and on about G. Ferarro saying things a conservative would get crucified for but you won't ever understand my side of this issue(and maybe I'll never understand yours). I'm a white guy without a rascist bone in my body, but I get the snide remarks/accusations and shit like that anytime it can even be remotely construed as an issue. PackFan#1 did it within this very post. Harlen still thinks it was democrats who brought on civil rights despite all evidence to the contrary. There is nothing a white guy can do short of pulling a jerry mcguire. Well here goes:

I LOVE THE BLACK MAN!!!! (AND ASIAN, HISPANIC, INDIAN AND ANYONE I'M NOT THINKING OF ATM)

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Harlen, I know you are a fairly smart dude.

I liked the sound of that, thought I'd emphasize it. :lol:

but the numbers and facts don't lie...only the perception that has been portrayed every since does.

when I said "conservatives" opposed civil rights in the 60's, I was including the southern Dixiecrats.

SkinBasket
06-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Some might also call it racist to take for granted the vote of a particular minority--delivered at about a 90% rate wrapped up and tied with a pink bow by the black leaders/overseers of the liberal plantation, and then for that party to blatantly fly in the face of that minority population on moral issues--not to mention taxation, defense, and security.

Harlan was all for that gift until it went to the black dude instead of the wife of the first black president. Now he's outraged.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
There's the word conservative, but it's different than the political term. Conservative to me is someone who believes in individual freedoms, state's rights, small government, etc. By individual freedom, it's not so much freedom of speech and the like, but the freedom to succeed or fail based on one's own choices and initiative (without the government either helping or hindering the process much). There should be a safety net for those that truly need it, but it should be a small one. A safety net that is too big breeds citizens that are unmotivated. With individual freedom comes individual responsibility.

I think the conservatives you speak of paint themselves as a conservative when their politics aren't anything like what a true conservative is. To me, a true conservative has a lot of liberatarian ideals.

bobblehead
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Harlen, I know you are a fairly smart dude.

I liked the sound of that, thought I'd emphasize it. :lol:

but the numbers and facts don't lie...only the perception that has been portrayed every since does.

when I said "conservatives" opposed civil rights in the 60's, I was including the southern Dixiecrats.

well don't, they were rascists, not conservatives. and remember, byrd was the big filibuster king of the movement and he was a democrat then and he is a democrat now...tyrone says he has had a change of heart, but not a change of party affiliation.

You can't just label a rascist behavior as consrvative behavior and then pretend they are interchangeable. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Rascist behavior is just that rascist....not conservative and not liberal. Clear your mind, disassociate the two, they are not one in the same. The MSM has tied the two together for so long it is sticking, but it is still just inflamatory bullshit.

Say it with me everyone....rascism is NOT conservative behavior, its rascist. Conservative behavior is believing in smaller gov't (economically) and believing in moral behavior usually based on religion (socially). Believing blacks are inferior is rascist, NOT conservative. Believing anything about race is not a consevative/liberal issue anymore than believing the sky is frickin blue.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Which President was most responsible for ending slavery?

Which President was most responsible for ending Jim Crow? (The one that appointed the Supreme Court justice most responsible for ending it.)

Which party supported civil rights by a larger percentage?

Now, what has the Democratic party brought to black folks? In all sincerity, please name them. I mostly see a party that has brought a sense of entitlement (not just to African-Americans though). I honestly would like to know what Democrats feel their party has done for black folks.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM

well don't, they were rascists, not conservatives. and remember, byrd was the big filibuster king of the movement and he was a democrat

Let me get this straight: Is your position that civil rights were opposed by Southern Democrats, and that Conservative Republicans had an admirable record on Civil Rights in the 60's? :shock:

What was the Republican position on the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 10:50 PM

Harlan was all for that gift until it went to the black dude instead of the wife of the first black president. Now he's outraged.

I've never expressed negativity towards black people for voting for Obama. I just want people to discuss it honestly.

I don't think it is a good thing that blacks vote for one party , it shows the country is not healed.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
What was the Republican position on the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

You can find it right here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

The original House version:

* Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

The Senate version:

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)

Umm... they supported it by a far greater margin than Democrats.

EDIT: Man, the Democrats had a huge edge in Congress back then (67-33 in the Senate, 244-171 in the House). Then also had the Presidency.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Right, because of Democrats in the South. (And the South by and large is Republicans now largely because of such legislation.)

The Conservative wing of the Republican Party was against civil rights in the 60's. Do you dispute this?

Conservatives of both parties fought civil rights. Who cares if conseratives were in the DEm party in the 60's.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Conservatives of both parties fought civil rights. Who cares if conseratives were in the DEm party in the 60's.

Again, it depends on what you mean by Conservative. Are you telling me that only 20% of the Republican Party was Conservative in 1964?

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Newt Gingrich is a historian and conservative champion who has spoken honestly about the damage conservatives did to their cause by opposing civil rights. I will try and find something in writing.....

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Again, it depends on what you mean by Conservative. Are you telling me that only 20% of the Republican Party was Conservative in 1964?

I really don't know. Conservatives certainly went into the wilderness after Goldwater.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't equate Conservatives with bigots and racists. I think you are mistaking Conservatives with right-wing fringe. I don't lump Liberals in with the left-wing fringe of their party. I think Liberals are misguided, but I don't think of them as vegetarian, gun hating, environmental terrorists.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
In the 1964 Presidential campaign, a big wedge issue between Rockefeller & Goldwater was Civil Rights. Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act and won the nomination.

Does this accurately indicate the feelings of conservatives of that era? Probably.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I don't equate Conservatives with bigots and racists. I think you are mistaking Conservatives with right-wing fringe.

Lets just stay away from these stereotypes. I'm not making these generalities. I think its a historical fact that conservatives opposed civil rights in the 1960's.

I'm vaguely old enough to remember the grown-ups discussing these issues at the time. Conservative republicans weren't for the civil rights movement, believe me.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I think it's important to discuss this--because Democrats have done a great job of branding Republicans racists for the better part of three decades--mainly because their lack of support for entitlement programs. I've said it before, but it's intellectually dishonest. You know as well as I do that when somebody basically states Conservatives are racists, they are trying to implicitly say Republicans are racists.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I think you are fighting a battle from about 20 years ago.

Maybe there are some people who still assoicate conservative thinking with racism, but they are living in the past too.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I think you are fighting a battle from about 20 years ago.

That may be true since I started having these discussions about 20 years ago, but I don't think the fight ever ended.
:D

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
One 60's anecdote: My dad was active in the Republican party. He played Abraham Lincoln in some parade, and for some reason was carrying a torch. His hat caught on fire, and he was so embarassed by the affair that the story was hushed-up. I need to get some more details, I sorta forgot about it.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:26 AM

Right, because of Democrats in the South. (And the South by and large is Republicans now largely because of such legislation.)

The Conservative wing of the Republican Party was against civil rights in the 60's. Do you dispute this?

Again, you are equating conservative with rascist. Conservatives of both parties?? what kind of crap is that...if conservative and liberal aren't defined by party, what defines it....oh yea, if you are rascist and oppose civil rights you are conservative, regardless of party, and if you support civil rights you are liberal....regardless of party(but now in the 2000's if you are a republican you are a rascist).

I want you to say it with me....THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN POLITICAL CONSERVATISM AND RASCISM.

I don't know how much more clear I can be on this, you say conservative=rascism, not in those exact words, but its what you are saying. It just ain't so.

Tyrone says most rascists are conservative, I say most gays are liberal...but I don't define liberal as gay in any way shape or form. There are gay republicans, there are rascist democrats, there are gay conservatives, there are gay liberals, these kind of things can not simply be equated.

How about I put it this way, maybe you will get it. You reading about a rascist and assuming he is a conservative is no different than me reading about a rapist and assuming the perpetrator is black. Both are gross displays of bigotry and for some reason its ok to have such preconcieved notions about conservatives or rascists, but not blacks.....IT'S NOT OK IN EITHER CASE!! Its bigoted in both cases and wrong. And just as a black would be pissed off in the latter case, I get pissed off in the former.

PackFan#1
06-06-2008, 03:00 AM
I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately.

Wow, you met Dennis Rodman? Did you ask for his autograph?

WTF? Rodman is not racist. He likes white women and his favorite band is Pearl Jam! You probably--note, I wrote probably as in I am only guessing--think Rodman is racist because you think he sometimes act like a "punk."

Yeah, anyone who acts beyond the "norm" of a conservative's narrow-mind is a punk. Those punk ass hippies. Those punk ass homosexuals. Those punk ass anti-war anti-Americans. Punk ass liberals.

Zool
06-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately.

I could be wrong, but arent there groups of whites who think they are the superior race too? Ridiculous.

Harlan Huckleby
06-06-2008, 09:06 AM

Again, you are equating conservative with rascist.

I never mentioned "racist" or "racism", let alone equated it to conservative.
It is only you thinking in this simple-minded way.

Conservatives of both parties?? what kind of crap is that...if conservative and liberal aren't defined by party, what defines it..

You are stuck thinking in current stereotypes about Dems and Republicans. Southern Democrats in the 1960's had many conservative attributes: socially conservative, resistance to change, distrustful of federal government. In response the Civil Rights Movement, these former CONSERVATIVES in the Democratic party became CONSERVATIVES in Republican party. Are you not aware that the South switched from solid Democratic to solid Republican? Do you argue that these people switched from liberal to conservative beliefs? The very conservative, republican people of the south today are the same folks who were dems prior to the civil rights era.

I want you to say it with me....THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN POLITICAL CONSERVATISM AND RASCISM.

Why do you keep bringing up racism? Me thinks you protest too much.

We were discussing the recent history of conservatives in America. The modern conservative movement was founded by Barry Goldwater. HE WAS THE CHAMPION OF OPPOSITION TO THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964! This is a fact, and an indication of how many conservatives were thinking during that era. I can tell you from my own anecdotal experience that conservatives opposed the civil rights movement nervously and furiously.

How about I put it this way, maybe you will get it. You reading about a rascist and assuming he is a conservative is no different than me reading about a rapist and assuming the perpetrator is black.

Man, you are the Reverand Wright of the conservative side. there's a conservative-basher behind every rock.

PackFan#1
06-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Man, you are the Reverand Wright of the conservative side. there's a conservative-basher behind every rock.

:lol: That's funny.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:02 PM

I could be wrong, but arent there groups of whites who think they are the superior race too? Ridiculous.

Lets take my quote in context. I was responding to tyrone who said something like I don't think/know any blacks who think they are a superior race.

Yes, indeed there are groups of whites who are worse than rodman, I actually like the guy, but if you ever sat and drank with him for an hour you would not walk away thinking he doesn't think blacks are superior.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:07 PM

WTF? Rodman is not racist. He likes white women and his favorite band is Pearl Jam! You probably--note, I wrote probably as in I am only guessing--think Rodman is racist because you think he sometimes act like a "punk."

Yeah, anyone who acts beyond the "norm" of a conservative's narrow-mind is a punk. Those punk ass hippies. Those punk ass homosexuals. Those punk ass anti-war anti-Americans. Punk ass liberals.

No, I think rodman is thinks blacks are a superior race because of comments like....."you ain't had a real man til you had a black man." and "ain't no whiteboy who can defend a blackboy" or "the reason I love white women is they are comparing me to whitemen, so I always impress".

These are all close generalities to things I have personally heard him say. And I never said he was a rascist, he's not. He does think blacks are a superior race though which was the point.

hoosier
06-06-2008, 12:11 PM

No, I think rodman is thinks blacks are a superior race because of comments like....."you ain't had a real man til you had a black man." and "ain't no whiteboy who can defend a blackboy" or "the reason I love white women is they are comparing me to whitemen, so I always impress".

These are all close generalities to things I have personally heard him say. And I never said he was a rascist, he's not. He does think blacks are a superior race though which was the point.

I think you're taking Rodman's banter just a LITTLE too seriously. Does it also bother you when he dresses like a woman? :lol:

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM

I think you're taking Rodman's banter just a LITTLE too seriously. Does it also bother you when he dresses like a woman? :lol:

Did I ever say or imply that it bothered me?? I had a great time, he's a lot of fun. And as normal when liberals say things we are taking it too seriously, but when trent lott is nice to a man on his 100th birthday he needs to be driven from the senate.

And before you even get started, I agree, Rodman is joking around and having fun, but if a conservative did the same thing it would be proof of the evil in his heart. That is how strongly the left has ingrained that BS.

hoosier
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM

Did I ever say or imply that it bothered me?? I had a great time, he's a lot of fun. And as normal when liberals say things we are taking it too seriously, but when trent lott is nice to a man on his 100th birthday he needs to be driven from the senate.

And before you even get started, I agree, Rodman is joking around and having fun, but if a conservative did the same thing it would be proof of the evil in his heart. That is how strongly the left has ingrained that BS.

Boo hoo hoo :cry:

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:27 PM

And finally here it is. After constantly insinuating that conservatives are the only ones who are rascist and forcing me to defend such crap (and denying you ever insinuated any such thing) this is your endgame.

Harlen...may I ask you...have you stopped beating your wife??

I never mentioned "racist" or "racism", let alone equated it to conservative.
It is only you thinking in this simple-minded way.

Silly me where would I get that idea.

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's?

You might not USE the word rascism, but your implication is pretty clear in equating conservatism with rascism, and you conveniantly call the democrats who opposed that very legislation conservatives. Again, you are identifying them as conservative based on their stance on this issue.....You really don't see it?

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I think it's important to discuss this--because Democrats have done a great job of branding Republicans racists for the better part of three decades--mainly because their lack of support for entitlement programs. I've said it before, but it's intellectually dishonest. You know as well as I do that when somebody basically states Conservatives are racists, they are trying to implicitly say Republicans are racists.

Amen Harvey, this is what it all boils down to and has for years. Conservatives are against big gov't programs, handouts, transferring wealth, and the only way the libs could push the legislation thru is by saying if you are against these things...which benefit minorities...you must be a rascist....there it is, republicans are rascists. and all the history of voting as a party to end civil rights was abolished and we are left with this crap today.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM

Boo hoo hoo :cry:

Yet another good strong intellectual response.

Freak Out
06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow....someone cares what Dennis Rodman said?

Deputy Nutz
06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow....someone cares what Dennis Rodman said?

I care, the guy was a great rebounder.

Harlan Huckleby
06-06-2008, 01:16 PM

And finally here it is. After constantly insinuating that conservatives are the only ones who are rascist and forcing me to defend such crap (and denying you ever insinuated any such thing) this is your endgame.

I am not insinuating that you are racist. I am saying you are gripped by a Jermiah Wright-like fixation on racism. I can see how you thought I was saying more, but I was not, and I apologize for the impression i created.

I don't make any connection between conservative IDEOLOGY and racism. But any honest person acknowledges that racists have been a key part of the political coalition that the Republican Party and Conservatives built in the aftermath of the 60's. Do you dispute this historical fact?

The world we live in today is chaotic. I oppose race-based affirmative action, so I am a racist in many peoples view. And I find the most dramatic racism to be in minority communities. My own personal view is that EVERYONE is afflicted with racism, we evolved that way. And racism is overcome only gradually by mixing with different types of people.

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's?

You might not USE the word rascism, but your implication is pretty clear in equating conservatism with rascism, and you conveniantly call the democrats who opposed that very legislation conservatives. Again, you are identifying them as conservative based on their stance on this issue.....You really don't see it?

OK, I re-read the remarks above, and I see your point.

Your notion that the word "Conservative" can not include people who are "racist" is just whacked-out.

In the past, I believe racists were much more likely to self-identify as being conservative. I don't see that being true in 2008, certainly to a much smaller degree.

There is a reason why Conservatives do not include blacks in their ranks. It's historical, and it's not pretty. There is nothing in Conservative ideology that should prevent blacks from joining your ranks, but suspicians understandably run deep. It will be a better country when blacks move past the old wounds.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas. We include blacks in our ranks just fine. Again, I reject that statement out of hand.

I am not saying conservatives can't be rascist, I'm merely pointing out that all rascists are NOT conservative and I would actually argue it is equally spread throughout the political spectrum.

The most boisterous rascists call themselves conservative..true, but I don't, and they shouldn't. Those individuals attach themselves to the conservative movement because conservatives stand against things like affirmative action, and entitlement programs.

Their arguements go like "that *epithet* should get a job"

Mine have been slightly more eloquent and intelligent to say the least. Those people are not conservatives and they, nor anyone else should label them as such.

Whackos like the unabomber attach themselves to liberals because of things like the green movement, but I don't run around saying true extremist nutjobs that spraypaint fur coats are liberals (although some do, and I think that is equally wrong).

Just to take it further, people call Hitler a "right wing extremist"....NO, he was a mass murderer. Attaching him to a political movement is simply wrong, I can't say it any clearer. Was Joseph Stalin a "left wing extremist"?? No, he was a murderer.

Finally, I will end this thread (my part in it) with where we agree. We move past this stuff by integrating, and coming together. I think some (not necessarily you) who constantly try to equate the conservatives with rascism are not helping this cause. We are gonna share this world for a long time, and when someone is truly exercising rascist tendencies they should be called out on it and ostracized no matter ideology. But again, when someone hollars "rascist" because they can't compete in the intellectual debate, or to further their political cause, it hurts everyone involved, black, white, latino, orange and green.

I would also like to add that I do respect people like Harlen, hoosier, tyrone (and others I'm not thinking of immediately) who step up and defend their positions. I hope you all realize I never feel animosity in our discussions. I save that for certain twits who take little jabs that are completely unfounded then backpedal or don't even respond.

texaspackerbacker
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .

PackFan#1
06-06-2008, 04:33 PM
...to further their political cause, it hurts everyone involved, black, white, latino, orange and green.

I doubt orangutans (orange) and aliens (green) care much about human races. We all look the same to them.

Deputy Nutz
06-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I would have sexual relations with a black woman. If it is good enough for Thomas Jefferson, by golly it is good enough for this guy.

PackFan#1
06-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I would have sexual relations with a black woman. If it is good enough for Thomas Jefferson, by golly it is good enough for this guy.

I would love to have a sexual relation with Rihanna. She's super hot.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/07/26/rihanna460.jpg

PackFan#1
06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .

Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

http://deputydog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/ednort.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
06-06-2008, 04:54 PM
JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas. We include blacks in our ranks just fine. Again, I reject that statement out of hand.

Right. And the Mayor of Philadelphia and Tavis Smiley supported Hillary.

I am not saying conservatives can't be rascist, I'm merely pointing out that all rascists are NOT conservative and I would actually argue it is equally spread throughout the political spectrum.

I've been saying this all along. But 40 years ago it was a very different different story.

And BTW, back then there were many conservative Dems and liberal Republicans.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

Actually, no he sounds nothing like derek, I have seen the movie twice, this is just another case of you dropping in for a potshot and making no real point. YOU are exactly the type of liberal I am talking about when I say you hurt the cause of healing past wounds. Its hard to come together as a culture when people like you will scream rascist at the drop of the hat because you have nothing better to add to the conversation....let me say it again for you.

I LOVE THE BLACK MAN (AND ASIAN, HISPANIC, INDIAN, ORANGE, BLUE OR GREEN).

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Ok, I'll play your game.

As usual, you conflate being rascist with being a conservative. And just cuz David Duke runs as a republican does not make him a conservative...he is a bigot and any member of the party would say so. His assosciation with the party is a disgrace, but you can't push a guy out who wins a nomination fair and square.

Please explain why he would win the nomination? Bush endorsed Treen. What position did he take that differentiated himself from the other republicans?

This oughta be good.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2008, 08:52 PM

No, he doesn't. He might think they are superior lovers and athletes..but, that is a far cry from superior race.

You make a huge leap in your logic. For shame.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2008, 08:54 PM

My god, how is it possible in this day and age to not know the difference...and to get it wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2008, 08:56 PM

Please stop. You do a disservice to Vinyard. He was for more eloquent and rational then tex.

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs), but more importantly he won because the populace was sick of politicians pushing affirmative action and entitlement crap down their throats and Duke gave them the only real alternative. I still wouldn't have voted for him, but he offered up what people wanted while disavowing his past.

I hope that was as good as you hoped.

As for this one:
====================================
No, he doesn't. He might think they are superior lovers and athletes..but, that is a far cry from superior race.

You make a huge leap in your logic. For shame.
==================================

If he believes they are superior in those areas, but doesn't believe they are a superior race, he must think they are inferior in other areas(to bring it back to even)....what areas do you suppose this is?? I'm just asking. This aughta be good!!

As for huge leaps, how about praising a 100 year old man and having that be endorsing his segregationist past? Would liberals feel the same about anyone that praises byrd today?

Harlan Huckleby
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs)

Why do you say Byrd is a pig? I can't vouch for Byrd's racial feelings, but I suspect his conversion is legit.

It would have been very easy for him to leave the Democratic party and join the Republicans, as most southern racists did en masse after the 1960's. He at least stuck it out with the Dems at a time when they were the unpopular champions of Civil Rights in the South.

texaspackerbacker
06-06-2008, 10:54 PM

Please stop. You do a disservice to Vinyard. He was for more eloquent and rational then tex.

I've never heard of Derek Vinyard or whoever the hell that is.

It is absolutely unequivocally true that elitist assholes of the LEFT are the modern racists for the reasons I described.

And for a pathetic wannabe like Tyrone who gets off on PRETENDING to be black, is it just me, or is that more than a little bit racist too?

PackFan#1
06-07-2008, 12:13 AM

Derek Vinyard: We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?

Derek Vinyard: Alright listen up, we need to open our eyes. There's over two million illegal immigrants bending down in this state tonight. This state spend three billion dollars last year on services, on people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the fucking INS decided it's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons.

Derek Vinyard: Well, this country is becoming a haven for criminals so what do you expect? You know, decent hard-working Americans like my dad are getting rubbed out by social parasites.

Derek Vinyard: Yeah it's race related! Every problem in this country is race related not just crime. It's like... immigration, AIDS, welfare those are problems in them. The Black community, the Hispanic community, the Asian community, they're not white problems.

Derek Vinyard: No. You know, no. They're not products of the environment either that's crap. Minorities don't give two shits about this country, they've come here to exploit it not to embrace it.

Derek Vinyard: Oh it doesn't? You don't think I see what you're trying to do here? You think I'm gonna sit here and smile while some fuckin' kike tries to fuck my mother? It's never gonna happen Murray, fuckin' forget it, not on my watch, not while I'm in this family. I will fuckin' cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my family's dinner with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you! Fuck you! Yeah, walk out, asshole, fuckin' Kabbalah reading motherfucker. Get the fuck out of my house.

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Derek Vinyard: We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?

Derek Vinyard: Alright listen up, we need to open our eyes. There's over two million illegal immigrants bending down in this state tonight. This state spend three billion dollars last year on services, on people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the fucking INS decided it's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons.

Derek Vinyard: Well, this country is becoming a haven for criminals so what do you expect? You know, decent hard-working Americans like my dad are getting rubbed out by social parasites.

Derek Vinyard: Yeah it's race related! Every problem in this country is race related not just crime. It's like... immigration, AIDS, welfare those are problems in them. The Black community, the Hispanic community, the Asian community, they're not white problems.

Derek Vinyard: No. You know, no. They're not products of the environment either that's crap. Minorities don't give two shits about this country, they've come here to exploit it not to embrace it.

Derek Vinyard: Oh it doesn't? You don't think I see what you're trying to do here? You think I'm gonna sit here and smile while some fuckin' kike tries to fuck my mother? It's never gonna happen Murray, fuckin' forget it, not on my watch, not while I'm in this family. I will fuckin' cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my family's dinner with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you! Fuck you! Yeah, walk out, asshole, fuckin' Kabbalah reading motherfucker. Get the fuck out of my house.

And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs)

Why do you say Byrd is a pig? I can't vouch for Byrd's racial feelings, but I suspect his conversion is legit.

It would have been very easy for him to leave the Democratic party and join the Republicans, as most southern racists did en masse after the 1960's. He at least stuck it out with the Dems at a time when they were the unpopular champions of Civil Rights in the South.
yes, we went over the voting records and saw what champions the dems were.

And I say he is a pig because everything derek vinyard said, byrd said worse in his day. And can't you see how saying he could have left the democrats and joined the republicans is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??

PackFan#1
06-07-2008, 12:49 AM
And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflammatory bullshit....honestly??

Well, they are right-wing inflammatory bs, so yes, they compare to tex's right-wing inflammatory bs (but Vinyard's are more eloquent, as Tyrone said).

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 12:52 AM
And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflammatory bullshit....honestly??

Well, they are right-wing inflammatory bs, so yes, they compare to tex's right-wing inflammatory bs (but Vinyard's are more eloquent, as Tyrone said).

Not sure how many times I have to say this....derek vinyard is not rightwing any more than stalin is leftwing, anymore than the unabomber is leftwing, anymore than pot pol was leftwing. Rascist is not a political position, obviously I can't convince you of this, so I might as well quit trying.

PackFan#1
06-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Not sure how many times I have to say this....derek vinyard is not rightwing any more than stalin is leftwing, anymore than the unabomber is leftwing, anymore than pot pol was leftwing. Rascist is not a political position, obviously I can't convince you of this, so I might as well quit trying.

Actually, Vinyard falls into the category of ultra rightwing. Stalin, ultra leftwing. Extremists exist at both ends of the political spectrum. The difference is that those at the far left seek a utopia. Those at the far right seek...well, what Hitler sought.

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 01:06 AM

Actually, Vinyard falls into the category of ultra rightwing. Stalin, ultra leftwing. There are extremes in the political spectrum.

Ok, so "rightys" are rascist who kill a few, "lefties" are despots who kill millions...got ya...I still reject it outta hand. These people are pigs, and defining a political position to them isn't fair to anyone. Just cuz the media and others have tried to do it for years doesn't make it so.

PackFan#1
06-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Ok, so "rightys" are rascist who kill a few, "lefties" are despots who kill millions...got ya...I still reject it outta hand. These people are pigs, and defining a political position to them isn't fair to anyone. Just cuz the media and others have tried to do it for years doesn't make it so.

Actually modern ultra lefties, such as the hippies, are for peace, love and happiness. Ultra righties base their agendas on terrorism (examples: Al Qaeda, kkk).

Partial
06-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Actually modern ultra lefties, such as the hippies, are for peace, love and happiness. Ultra righties base their agendas on terrorism (examples: Al Qaeda, kkk).

That is such stereotypical bullshit.

Harlan Huckleby
06-07-2008, 05:58 AM
And I say he is a pig because everything derek vinyard said, byrd said worse in his day. And can't you see how saying he could have left the democrats and joined the republicans is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??

You say he is a pig because it makes you feel good. There is no evidence that he stands by his KKK days, why assume the worst?

And it is not bullshit to say that Southern racists left the Democratic Party in droves and were welcomed into the Republican Party in the 1970's. This is historical FACT. What is bullshit is your inability to face uncomfortable realities. Honest conservatives such as Newt Gingrich speak openly about the wrong judgement of many conservatives from this period.

Byrd's decision to stay with the Democrats in that era, in the south, shows character.

3irty1
06-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Yeah that's really dumb.

PackFan#1
06-07-2008, 06:16 AM

Not stereotypes. Truth. Those at the far left seek a utopia, a Marxist society (nothing like the totalitarian communism of Lenin and Stalin). Those at the far right seek a society composed of a sole race or religion. The kkk committed acts of terror in the past. Al qaeda is committing terror today.

mraynrand
06-07-2008, 08:12 AM
How did this thread take such a direction? The answer is simple. Most of you guys, if Halle Berry walked through the door, would favor interracial marriage/relationships. For me, if Diane Lane walks through my door, I'm not complaining.

Iron Mike
06-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Sounds like Derek Vinyard to you--sounds like Larry Elder to me:

http://www.larryelder.com/

Iron Mike
06-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm against stupid people breeding regardless of race. And you won't get any votes cuz no one will go on the record saying they are a bigot.

Here's your stupid people:

http://www.brinkpodcast.com/episodes/resources/deram.jpg

And they just happen to be black. Am I a bigot?

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Here's your stupid people:

http://www.brinkpodcast.com/episodes/resources/deram.jpg

And they just happen to be black. Am I a bigot?

According to me, no, according to #1packfan, yes.

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM

You say he is a pig because it makes you feel good. There is no evidence that he stands by his KKK days, why assume the worst?

And it is not bullshit to say that Southern racists left the Democratic Party in droves and were welcomed into the Republican Party in the 1970's. This is historical FACT. What is bullshit is your inability to face uncomfortable realities. Honest conservatives such as Newt Gingrich speak openly about the wrong judgement of many conservatives from this period.

Byrd's decision to stay with the Democrats in that era, in the south, shows character.

I say he is a pig because he terrorized blacks of his era. I say he is a pig because of the things he stood for. I reject his change of heart because such a dramatic change stretches my imagination.

Your talking about my hero in newt. He never said that liberals didn't have wrong judgement too. He is also trying to concede a pacifying point to further the healing and future. He has done the same thing in the global warming debate. He basically says "ok, if I concede your point can we have an honest discussion about how to work our way past fossil fuels without crippling our economy and way of life right now."

I refuse to concede such a point in this case because people like #1packfan will jump up and down while pointing and screaming rascist everytime I espouse a conservative arguement. You don't, if all liberals were like you I would probably say "Ok, all the rascists in the past were conservative, can we move on please (insert exasperated voice)" but they aren't all like you. Some will try to inject hatred, rascism, and class warfare into every debate and muddy the waters with those accusations.

Tex makes several points in his post, pack says he sounds like derek vinyard. Nice way of moving the debate forward.

One last point..yes southern rascists left the democratic party, not conservatives...and how they were "welcomed" into the republican party is a whole nother issue. The republican party voted 80% for civil rights, so I doubt they were welcomed on their rascist platform...but they were welcomed in the sense of we need more votes in congress.

texaspackerbacker
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
texaspackerbacker wrote:

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These imbeciles of the left keep bringing up Vinyard or Elder--whoever the hell either one of them are I don't know and don't care.

The point is, same ol' same ol'--The incompetent assholes of the left in this forum have yet to respond to WHY and HOW leftists are not the TRUE MODERN RACISTS--based on their aforementioned policies, positions, and programs designed to put blacks down, keep blacks down, and disenfranchise blacks by taking their votes for granted and disrepecting their opinions.

In addition to that, for an ALL WORLD IDIOT like Tyrone to PRETEND to be black when he isn't, I'd say that's a high degree of racism too.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
The point is, same ol' same ol'--The incompetent assholes of the left in this forum have yet to respond to WHY and HOW leftists are not the TRUE MODERN RACISTS--based on their aforementioned policies, positions, and programs designed to put blacks down, keep blacks down, and disenfranchise blacks by taking their votes for granted and disrepecting their opinions.

The problem with your theory of white liberals deviously herding their black sheep is that it presumes that blacks are stupid. You might try thinking of blacks as adults, making choices in their own perceived interests.

I don't completely disagree with you, in that it will be much better for all when blacks stop voting as an ethnic block.

I think you should retire that "racist" word. In debates about race, people of different political philosophies can ALWAYS call their opponents racists, there is always such a logical argument to be made. But it means nothing, and ends any chance for intelligent discussion.

Come to think of it, you do a lot of that

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Some will try to inject hatred, rascism, and class warfare into every debate and muddy the waters with those accusations.

I was on an active forum at Washington Post yesterday, as usual complaining about the extremes of Obamamania. Somebody mentioned the "underlying racism" of my positions, and others started dismissing me as "the racist." it actually was effective in such a context. I just left.

Scott Campbell
06-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I just left.

Some forums catch all the breaks.

bobblehead
06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
See, it sucks when someone unjustly calls you a rascist while you are trying to make valid points....its a tactic of those that can't compete on an intellectual level. You don't do it, I respect that. Some do, and I have no use for those individuals.

Incidentally as sad as this is, I would never have gotten into this debate without being anonymous. Race remains such a hotbutton issue, its best to just avoid it. But until the left can accept that the right are equally as good hearted and express their viewpoints from a position other than hatred/evil/rascism its hard to get past it.

Incidentally, I don't want you to leave, its why I try not to get into pissing matches. I want to convince you that economic conservative values are better for everyone.

GBRulz
06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
How did this thread take such a direction?

You shouldn't be surprised. Every freaken thread in the RR over the past couple months has to turn political at some point.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
How did this thread take such a direction?

You shouldn't be surprised. Every freaken thread in the RR over the past couple months has to turn political at some point.

Any politics in the "Sex in the City" movie?

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 02:13 PM

The problem with your theory of white liberals deviously herding their black sheep is that it presumes that blacks are stupid. You might try thinking of blacks as adults, making choices in their own perceived interests.

I don't completely disagree with you, in that it will be much better for all when blacks stop voting as an ethnic block.

I think you should retire that "racist" word. In debates about race, people of different political philosophies can ALWAYS call their opponents racists, there is always such a logical argument to be made. But it means nothing, and ends any chance for intelligent discussion.

Come to think of it, you do a lot of that

Harlan, I am just bringing up the facts. You--who I don't really consider one of the forum's "assholes of the left' as well as the others who I do, can draw your own conclusions as to why.

90%+ of blacks vote Dem/lib. Indisputable fact, agreed?

The black population in general is at least as much opposed to the liberal agenda on issues like homosexuality and abortion as white people. Agreed? It's true even if some liberals want to deny it.

The black population in general is just as pro-American, patriotic, and concerned about our security as white people--diametrically opposed to leftist positions. Agreed?

An ever-increasing number of blacks are successful in the American economic system, NOT dependent on liberal programs, and in favor of NOT pissing away their hard earned money as higher taxes as pushed by the Dem/libs, just like white people. Agreed?

So why do we have this huge contradiction between beliefs and voting patterns? I'll leave that for you to answer. I doubt it's stupidity, though, so much as it is hypocrisy and demagoguery on the part of black leadership and leftists in general.

Oh yeah, for the record, I was CALLED racist by some irrational asshole of the left--which one I forget--well before I LOGICALLY started pointing out how those elitist wrongheaded bastards are the true ..... you know, the r word you don't want me to say.

GBRulz
06-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Any politics in the "Sex in the City" movie?

Probably some conservatives are complaining about the frontal male nudity in it. :wink:

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Incidentally as sad as this is, I would never have gotten into this debate without being anonymous. Race remains such a hotbutton issue, its best to just avoid it. But until the left can accept that the right are equally as good hearted and express their viewpoints from a position other than hatred/evil/rascism its hard to get past it.

So you'd rather be ignorant than acknowledge that racism exists on the right side of the political spectrum? Somewhere at the far right lies the kkk. I'm sure by now everyone knows what that groups agendas are. On the other hand, a person who says he's a, say, ultra liberal, and is also a racist is not a true liberal; he is a hypocrite.

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM

So you'd rather be ignorant than acknowledge that racism exists on the right side of the political spectrum? Somewhere at the far right lies the kkk. I'm sure by now everyone knows what that groups agendas are. On the other hand, a person who says he's a, say, ultra liberal, and is also a racist is not a true liberal; he is a hypocrite.

Nobody is denying that there are still a few KKK types out there, and they would probably be characterized as right wing (although Ol' Robert KKK Byrd is pretty far to the left).

The point is, though, that the policies of modern "mainstream" liberals, as I described above, reek of disrespect for blacks, while the policies of modern "mainstream" conservatives are very much in tune with the teachings of Martin Luther King and very much in tune with the beliefs of the majority of blacks--who after all, aren't all that different from most whites.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Nobody is denying that there are still a few KKK types out there, and they would probably be characterized as right wing (although Ol' Robert KKK Byrd is pretty far to the left).

The point is, though, that the policies of modern "mainstream" liberals, as I described above, reek of disrespect for blacks, while the policies of modern "mainstream" conservatives are very much in tune with the teachings of Martin Luther King and very much in tune with the beliefs of the majority of blacks--who after all, aren't all that different from most whites.

Policies such as affirmative action and welfare programs are NOT intended to pull back minorities/the poor so they would become dependent of the government. Such programs are designed to help minorities/the poor develop solid foundations so that they could have a chance to compete for economic resources, and thus achieve the "American dream."

The diligent individual does not exploit such programs. She sees them as a starting point to a better life, if not for herself than for her children.

bobblehead
06-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Policies such as affirmative action and welfare programs are NOT intended to pull back minorities/the poor so they would become dependent of the government. Such programs are designed to help minorities/the poor develop solid foundations so that they could have a chance to compete for economic resources, and thus achieve the "American dream."

The diligent individual does not exploit such programs. She sees them as a starting point to a better life, if not for herself than for her children.

I agree with you for once, they are not intended as such, but it is what they turn into.

MJZiggy
06-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I thought the welfare system underwent reforms years ago to retool it away from being a crutch and more toward being the tool it was intended to be.

bobblehead
06-08-2008, 04:12 PM

I've acknowledged it, I am merely pointing out it exists equally on the left. People like you and the media, and the democratic party in general have done a very good job as labeling hate groups like the KKK as conservative..or right wing. How you would conclude I would rather be ignorant than discuss this in public is beyond me...I'm discussing it here, enlightening myself as you might say. You could conclude I don't want to be unfairly called names ,as you have done on this forum , publicly.

I have explained over and over why you are wrong in labeling the KKK and hate groups as right wing...I can't do it any better. I explain why its flawed and you come back with..."Somewhere at the far right lies the kkk. I'm sure by now everyone knows what that groups agendas are" I'll say it one last time...somewhere outside of the political spectrum lies the KKK.

MJZiggy
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sure by now everyone knows what that groups agendas are" I'll say it one last time...somewhere outside of the political spectrum lies the KKK.

Amen.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I've acknowledged it, I am merely pointing out it exists equally on the left. People like you and the media, and the democratic party in general have done a very good job as labeling hate groups like the KKK as conservative..or right wing. How you would conclude I would rather be ignorant than discuss this in public is beyond me...I'm discussing it here, enlightening myself as you might say. You could conclude I don't want to be unfairly called names ,as you have done on this forum , publicly.

I have explained over and over why you are wrong in labeling the KKK and hate groups as right wing...I can't do it any better. I explain why its flawed and you come back with..."Somewhere at the far right lies the kkk. I'm sure by now everyone knows what that groups agendas are" I'll say it one last time...somewhere outside of the political spectrum lies the KKK.

Even Tex admitted that the kkk are right wing. And if you look up the political definition of right wing in a dictionary, you will see Tex's name. You are just telling yourself that the kkk lies "outside of the political spectrum." Some are ignorant. Some are deluded. Some simply deny the truth.

MJZiggy
06-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I think that what Bobble's trying to say is that no rational person of any political persuasion would align themselves with a group like that.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I think that what Bobble's trying to say is that no rational person of any political persuasion would align themselves with a group like that.

If that's the case, then I guess I concur. I doubt Hillary or Obama would call themselves Marxists.

Scott Campbell
06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Even Tex admitted that the kkk are right wing.

If you're going to quote someone, use the actual quote.

bobblehead
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Actually, I really like quoting the person you call derek vinyard as validation for your point...excellent.

Honestly, thank you, I haven't laughed this hard since larry the cable guy.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Texaspackerbacker: "Nobody is denying that there are still a few KKK types out there, and they would probably be characterized as right wing."

bobblehead
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Texaspackerbacker: "Nobody is denying that there are still a few KKK types out there, and they would probably be characterized as right wing."

Tex admits they are "characterized" as right wing....and if you have read this, it is this very characterization that pisses me the fuck off.

One more time...OUTSIDE THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM!!!

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 07:33 PM

What I actually said is that KKK types would be "characterized" as right wing. If you want to leap on that as "fact", then feel free to take everything else I say as fact also. And don't forget the other side of the coin--the MOST WELL KNOWN KKK type in the country today is the moderately left wing DEM/LIB senator from West Virginia, Robert Byrd.

Anyway, my main purpose in bringing forward this PF1 post is the line about those Dem/lib polices not being INTENDED to keep blacks and other minorities dependent on those programs so they will be a reliable Dem/lib voting constituency--what I refer to as being kept down on the LIBERAL PLANTATION.

We can speculate all day what is or isn't in the hearts and minds of various individual Democrats and liberals. Maybe some are that way, maybe some are not. What is certain, though, is that the RESULT OF THOSE PROGRAMS is to keep the blacks and other minorities in Dem/lib bondage. THAT fact is far more relevant than the variable and unclear intent.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
What I actually said is that KKK types would be "characterized" as right wing. If you want to leap on that as "fact", then feel free to take everything else I say as fact also. And don't forget the other side of the coin--the MOST WELL KNOWN KKK type in the country today is the moderately left wing DEM/LIB senator from West Virginia, Robert Byrd.

You used the term "characterized"; I used the term "category." You are playing tautology games. The kkk, like Al Qaeda. exists on the (far) right side of the political spectrum, not outside of it.

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 08:18 PM

You used the term "characterized"; I used the term "category." You are playing tautology games. The kkk, like Al Qaeda. exists on the (far) right side of the political spectrum, not outside of it.

I hope you're not suggesting that al Qaeda is "right wing". The relevant characterization of "right" and "left" from an American perspective is loving and preserving the American culture and way--varying degrees of rightist points of view--which the KKK in their extremist and flawed way is consistent with, and hating and tearing down the American way and culture--varying degrees of the leftist point of view. That puts al Qaeda on the extreme LEFT fringe--a tad bit beyond even Obama.

MJZiggy
06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Tex, people on the left do not hate America. We all have the same goals just differing ideas on how to get there. Because someone else's idea differs from your own, it does not mean they love this country any less than you do.

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I hope you're not suggesting that al Qaeda is "right wing". The relevant characterization of "right" and "left" from an American perspective is loving and preserving the American culture and way--varying degrees of rightist points of view--which the KKK in their extremist and flawed way is consistent with, and hating and tearing down the American way and culture--varying degrees of the leftist point of view. That puts al Qaeda on the extreme LEFT fringe--a tad bit beyond even Obama.

Tex, al Qaeda and the kkk are, for one purpose or another, conservatives.
Extreme conservative. Basically, both seek to conserve their "traditional" way of life, usually through terrorism. Last time I checked, conservatisms, regardless how radical, fall to the right.

An example of an extreme liberal is a Marxist.

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Tex, people on the left do not hate America. We all have the same goals just differing ideas on how to get there. Because someone else's idea differs from your own, it does not mean they love this country any less than you do.

I don't doubt that you are sincere in SPEAKING FOR YOURSELF on that, but the scumbag leftist politicians--Murtha, Durban, Reid, Pelosi, OBAMA, and dozens of others placed themselves squarely in bed with the enemy in wishing, pushing, ranting, prophesying, and in many cases, voting for the defeat of America in Iraq. And why did they sell their souls like that? Because Bush's popularity level was so high after the fall of Saddam that siding with the enemy was the ONLY way they could sickly get back in power. It worked like a charm in 2006, and if we believe the damn polls, it may be working again in '08. They made THEIR interests, hopes, and goals exactly the same as al Qaeda's.

Thus, I refer to ALL those God damned America-hating sonofabitches as ..... God damned America-hating sonofabitches. How could you or anybody else who claims to LOVE AMERICA see it differently?

PackFan#1
06-08-2008, 08:52 PM
xx

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 09:22 PM
PF1, you aren't paying attention. It's all about attitude toward America--assuming you look at things from an AMERICAN perspective. You DO claim to look at things from an AMERICAN perspective, don't you, PF1?

This is similar to the crap the sick leftist media used to put out in the fading days of Soviet Communism. They liked to refer to the slightly less bad Communists as "liberals" and the rottenest holdouts against America as "conservatives". It was all part of the propaganda effort of the media FOR the left and AGAINST conservatism or Americanism.

Of course, ultimately people saw through all that crap and made "liberal" the dirty word that it is.

The bottom line is that all of the major politicians of the left have thrown in with the enemy and made THEIR interests and goals the same as al Qaeda's interests and goals. It began, but certainly not end with Bush-hate.

MJZiggy
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
My loathing of Bush has nothing to do with al Qaida. It has to do with the fact that I hate stupid people. We have a complete inarticulate buffoon running our country and this doesn't bother you?

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
My loathing of Bush has nothing to do with al Qaida. It has to do with the fact that I hate stupid people. We have a complete inarticulate buffoon running our country and this doesn't bother you?

And that's somehow NOT the result of the sick leftist media and entertainment community picturing him that way?

He graduated from Yale with a higher GPA than John Kerry. I haven't read much from you disparaging Kerry as stupid.

You wouldn't consider the possibility of Bush just acting folksy and down home as part of the southern/west Texas culture he grew up in?

Clinton was really no more"articulate" than Bush, yet he was liberal enough that the media favored him. Jimmy Carter was a TOTAL IDIOT--still is, really, based on everything he ever said and did. And he had a southern accent too. Why don't you think of him as stupid? Maybe because the media and entertainment community hasn't programmed you that way?

HarveyWallbangers
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM

Too funny. Inarticulate = stupid?

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2008, 10:15 PM

Too funny. Inarticulate = stupid?

Sort of like this thread.

HarveyWallbangers
06-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Sort of like this thread.

The season can't get here soon enough.
:D

Partial
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM

I would bet you 100 million dollars that he crushes you in an IQ test. With that said, review his speeches from his time has Governor and he has shown on record that he is quite capable of public speaking. Many have speculated its all an act. Why he would want to act that way I know not, but I am guessing he is following the advice of someone qualified who did research on his supporters.

Bush of 12 years or so ago was just as skilled a speaker as Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVilAlCBYc&feature=related

sheepshead
06-09-2008, 08:09 AM

It's scary that anyone can vote isnt it?

PackFan#1
06-09-2008, 09:49 AM
PF1, you aren't paying attention. It's all about attitude toward America--assuming you look at things from an AMERICAN perspective. You DO claim to look at things from an AMERICAN perspective, don't you, PF1?

This is similar to the crap the sick leftist media used to put out in the fading days of Soviet Communism. They liked to refer to the slightly less bad Communists as "liberals" and the rottenest holdouts against America as "conservatives". It was all part of the propaganda effort of the media FOR the left and AGAINST conservatism or Americanism.

Of course, ultimately people saw through all that crap and made "liberal" the dirty word that it is.

The bottom line is that all of the major politicians of the left have thrown in with the enemy and made THEIR interests and goals the same as al Qaeda's interests and goals. It began, but certainly not end with Bush-hate.

Tex, blaming the liberal media for uncovering truths is just sheer idiotic. The false accusations and shitty politics of fear that McCarthy was notorious for in the 50's, now that's propaganda.

Opposing bush does not necessary mean that one is pro-al qaeda, and therefore is an anti-American. Providing a safe haven for Nazi scientists after WW2 (operation paper clip), instead of prosecuting them, now that's anti-american.

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Tex, blaming the liberal media for uncovering truths is just sheer idiotic. The false accusations and shitty politics of fear that McCarthy was notorious for in the 50's, now that's propaganda.

Opposing bush does not necessary mean that one is pro-al qaeda, and therefore is an anti-American. Providing a safe haven for Nazi scientists after WW2 (operation paper clip), instead of prosecuting them, now that's anti-american.

Venona papers, read them, seems McCarthy wasn't such a nut after all. I hope I'm spelling venona correctly.

GoPackGo
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Depends on what your definition of Conservatism is, but I see you are doing the old Democratic trick of trying to associate Conservatives/Republicans with racism.

A Republican ended slavery. A Republican ended Jim Crow. Republican legislators supported the Civil Rights Movement by a greater percentage than Democratic legislators. Look it up. You are associating the ideals of the pre-60s Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats) with Conservatism.

I never called anyone a racist. I said that conservatives of yesterday frowned upon interracial marriages. I think a more accurate description for the conservatives of yesterday would be Segregationist, not racist. I agree, people run with that unfairly. Conservatives aren't and have never been racists.

PackFan#1
06-09-2008, 03:24 PM

Venona papers, read them, seems McCarthy wasn't such a nut after all. I hope I'm spelling venona correctly.

Go watch "Good Night, And Good Luck." It stars George Clooney and....never mind, Clooney is a liberal and anything that comes from a liberal is propaganda. :wink:

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Go watch "Good Night, And Good Luck." It stars George Clooney and....never mind, Clooney is a liberal and anything that comes from a liberal is propaganda. :wink:

Has all your political acumen been developed watching films? How bout made for TV movies? Did you learn lots about Liberalism from watching a very special episode of Blossom?

PackFan#1
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Has all your political acumen been developed watching films? How bout made for TV movies? Did you learn lots about Liberalism from watching a very special episode of Blossom?

Let me guess? you got all your political acumen from Fox News and the Washington Times?

SkinBasket
06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
The answer to social security is right there in Cabin Boy if anyone would just watch the fucking movie.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM

This is more than a little bit puzzling, PF1. Did you get confused and respond to some other post? I see NOTHING in what you wrote that even remotely pertains to what I wrote.

BTW, what I said is that the leftists/Dem-libs in America sold their souls when Bush was riding high by making their goals, wishes, interests, etc. EXACTLY THE SAME AS AL QAEDA'S. I refer to defeat of America, death of Americans, harming of our economy, terrorist attacks causing allies to wimp out of the war, etc.--because without a large dose of those evils, our Dem/libs would have been on the outside looking in, regarding political power.

sheepshead
06-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I like gay interracial relationships. Big section in my porn collection.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-13-2020, 11:59 PM
So it’s 2020, what y’all think of interracials?

Anti-Polar Bear
02-14-2020, 12:00 AM
Btw, pb, please move this thread to FYI. I thought it was initially posted in FYI.

hoosier
02-14-2020, 07:51 AM
Or the garbage can from which you retrieved it? I thought they emptied that pitiful place every now and then, surprised and dismayed this thread didn't end up in a landfill.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-14-2020, 08:40 AM
Or the garbage can from which you retrieved it? I thought they emptied that pitiful place every now and then, surprised and dismayed this thread didn't end up in a landfill.

I was bored at "lunch" and came upon this thread while reading the archives. Looks like thread predates FYI.

Who know? Maybe inactive posters like Ziggy, Campbell, Tarlam, FavreChild, GoPackGo, Tyrone, Nutz's BFF, Harlan, and the such will see this thread and be tempted to once again contribute to our little utopia here.

Tex's so hardcore.. His misguided beliefs never waver nor change.

mraynrand
02-14-2020, 09:20 AM
My loathing of Bush has nothing to do with al Qaida.

I think it's disturbing that Ziggy was a homophobe.

texaspackerbacker
02-14-2020, 05:38 PM
I tend to agree with Hoosier (a pretty rare thing), APB, you shouldn't have bothered to resurrect this. And yeah, how in the hell did it ever not get put in FYI?

hoosier
02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
If it brought back Tyrone I would forgive you. But Ty has moved on to greener pastures and he ain't comin back. Ziggy probably got a life. Speaking of which, why not try stirring up controversy with some current issue? Why you gotta go dig up the stinking corpse of interracial marriage?

Zool
02-14-2020, 10:24 PM
Tank is a troll. This is what’s known as “wheel house” for him.

mraynrand
02-15-2020, 08:28 AM
Tank is a troll. This is what’s known as “wheel house” for him.

We all get a little bored at “lunch” sometimes.