PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Dealer Found Dead (Murder?)

BallHawk
06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
PER ESPN...

PLANO, Texas -- A convicted steroids dealer who recently met with NFL security officials and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him has been found dead in his home.

Just after midnight on Thursday, Plano police made a welfare check and found 35-year-old David Jacobs and 30-year-old Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell dead. Both had been shot.

Officer Rick McDonald, a police spokesman, said the officers were making a welfare check after relatives of Earhart-Savell expressed concern about her whereabouts.

He says Plano detectives aren't releasing information about whether the deaths were a double homicide or a murder-suicide, whether a weapon was found near the bodies, or any other details.

Jacobs was sentenced to three years probation and fined $25,000 on May 1 after pleading guilty last year in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

Men in ski masks and jackets marked "police" were seen entering the home late Thursday morning, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The newspaper reported it had spoken with Jacobs frequently and exchanged e-mails with him as recently as last weekend. Jacobs had sought to rebuild his nutritional supplement business, but he was experiencing financial problems and having trouble getting his old client base to work with him, according to the report.

On May 21, Jacobs met with NFL security officials in the Dallas area and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him, according to Hank Hockeimer, his lawyer.

Hockeimer told the newspaper on Thursday he had not yet been briefed about the situation at Jacobs' house.

The league requested the meeting after Jacobs was sentenced to three years of probation on May 1 for a single count of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids. He had cooperated with federal authorities since his arrest last year.

By his own account, Jacobs was a prolific salesman, moving 1,000 bottles of anabolic steroids a month and an equal number of growth hormone kits that he obtained illicitly from China.

Hockeimer had said that league officials seemed "genuinely interested" in what Jacobs had to say, as well as in canceled checks and e-mails that he provided.

Jacobs has publicly acknowledged that he dealt primarily with two NFL players, and earlier identified one of them as offensive lineman Matt Lehr. Last month, Jacobs told the Dallas Morning News that Lehr purchased tens of thousands of dollars of steroids and growth hormone from the spring of 2006 to the spring of 2007. He also told the paper that Lehr agreed to have boxes of raw steroid powder from China shipped directly to his Georgia home.

Lehr served a four-game suspension while a member of the Atlanta Falcons in October 2006 after he tested positive for a banned substance. He spent last season with Tampa Bay and was acquired by the Saints in the offseason.

Lehr's attorney, Paul Coggins, has said the player hasn't used banned substances since he was suspended and has since passed NFL drug tests. The attorney has also said Jacobs' allegations are retaliation because Lehr wouldn't pay Jacobs' legal fees.

After his sentencing, Jacobs told The New York Times that he hoped to tell league officials about "loopholes in their program." He also said he'd advised about 10 players to use finasteride, a drug to treat balding, because it masks steroid use.

Information from Shaun Assael and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Iron Mike
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Jacobs is dead, and that is a tragedy. But he is dead because he had no code. He is dead because he had no honor, and God was watching.

SkinBasket
06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe next time God should aim more carefully so as to avoid killing innocents.

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 04:07 PM

You mean his babe? Maybe she was innocent.

Well, this guy was a scumbag and the world won't miss him.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Right. And, the players buying the roids were innocents. And, the manufacturers have clean hands as well. :roll:

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM

Right. And, the players buying the roids were innocents. And, the manufacturers have clean hands as well. :roll:

Um, no. But the guy was a scumbag. Wanna argue the point or wanna dilute it?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Um, no. But the guy was a scumbag. Wanna argue the point or wanna dilute it?

What exactly makes him a scumbag?

And, your lack of compassion is quite surprising for a euro weeinie. Even guys like him have parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
PER ESPN...

PLANO, Texas -- A convicted steroids dealer who recently met with NFL security officials and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him has been found dead in his home.If players get into trouble over nothing what do you think they will do for something that might cost them millions? How easy would it be for someone to take care of this for him?

I just wonder what NFLer ordered the hit on this guy for snitching. Like Tarlam said, it isn't a terrible loss.

Tarlam!
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM

And, your lack of compassion is quite surprising for a euro weeinie. Even guys like him have parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends.

You want your crack dealer rolling on you if he gets caught, T? Would he be a scumbag if he did?

BTW, I happen to live in Europe, but I am an Aussie Weenie.

3irty1
06-05-2008, 11:38 PM

You want your crack dealer rolling on you if he gets caught, T? Would he be a scumbag if he did?

He's right you don't know him.

Tarlam!
06-06-2008, 01:27 AM

No, and since he's dead, I missed my chance.

the_idle_threat
06-06-2008, 01:58 AM

No, and since he's dead, I missed my chance.

:lol:

mission
06-06-2008, 03:52 AM
man that snitching plea bargain sure worked out for him didnt it?

always wondered ...

is a man who avoided prison and is now free because he snitched on "more powerful people" really ... free ?

they said he moved 10,000 units of roids a month .. whatever a unit is ... now ive never sold steroids (just plenty of other shit) but my math says this guy was making ..

hhmmm

let me get out my calculator here ...

A SHITLOAD of money!!!

if you want to live the dope boy life style (and why not? it's exciting for awhile, models want to sleep with you and you can have celebrity friends that dont really like you) then you better be sure you're mentally prepared to go up for awhile.

cant have your cake and eat it too ... want it? you better take everything associated with it. that means have a gun in your car and velcro'd under a desk in every room in your house ;-)

it's a shame about his girlfriend though ... yeah she was a conspirator (ie- staying with him despite knowing his criminal behavior) but she didnt have it comin like he did.

and to all the "show some sympathy, act like someone just died" perfect world people...

NO.

ive lost too many friends and loved ones to pour out some obligatory fake bullshit sympathy for YAMFWHIC (yet another mf who had it coming) ...

play with fire ... ya get burned.

now the real story here is the back story

who put up the hit? no shots, silencer ...

la costa nostra? nfl? a player not wanting to lose/career/endorsement money? could be anyone and everyone ... it could have huge potential implications but we'll never know ... the NFL is too big business for it to get out.

hell, who are the "NFL security agents" who showed up at his door a couple days before he was supposed to do a big interview with ESPN ???

very intriguing story to me .. ill be glued

(and dont make me defend my comments... i did that on ESPN already and shut everyone up. so if ya want, check em out there and save yourself some time)

Tarlam!
06-06-2008, 04:31 AM
(and dont make me defend my comments... i did that on ESPN already and shut everyone up. so if ya want, check em out there and save yourself some time)

Shit, that is some post. I thought I had an attitude but you are a psycho. I like that aspect of you!

Listen, just cut and paste the ESPN stuff, I'm too stupud to find it.

Scott Campbell
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Lets also feel bad for Mike Vick and Rae Carruth and Pacman Jones while were at it.

Deputy Nutz
06-06-2008, 08:42 AM

Well at least the NFL players entertain me. What did this guy do for me? For his girlfriend if you want to be associated with somebody that is this shaddy, then watch your back, their is risks involved, sure you get your nice coach bags and Tiffany Jewlry, but you can also get executioner style.

As for his family, I am sure they feel really bad, good for them.

red
06-06-2008, 09:01 AM
you know

all i'll say is, pacman jones has been in texas for a week or two

now a guy and a girl have been shot dead

i'm just putting two and two together here folks

dabootski
06-06-2008, 09:34 AM
"Well at least the NFL players entertain me. What did this guy do for me?"

pretty bold call there. especially seeing as this guy was simply providing a product (albeit illegally) to those "players that entertain you."

i really have no feelings on his murder other than it sucks anytime anyone is murdered unless they have forcefully harmed the lives of others. but to basically say that a guy that unforcefully provided a product to grown men deserves to die is a pretty scary opinion in my mind.

FavreChild
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree, dabootski. Not to mention that the real assholes are the ones who committed murder--not out of any sense of justice, mind you--but to protect their own criminal activities.

mission
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
but you are a psycho.

thanks! 4 years of MMA training will do that to ya ...

i would if half my posts wouldnt have been deleted for including the words fuck, shit, damn and dope ... they were kindergarten posts compared to the above.

seriously, the shit was well thought out (my normal mission diatribes), lasted for hours until some republican somewhere this morning flagged it because of a curse word (i wasnt going on a tirade) i used among hundreds of "normal" words...

waste of my time too apparently 8-)

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 11:26 AM
but you are a psycho.

thanks! 4 years of MMA training will do that to ya ...

i would if half my posts wouldnt have been deleted for including the words fuck, shit, damn and dope ... they were kindergarten posts compared to the above.

seriously, the shit was well thought out (my normal mission diatribes), lasted for hours until some republican somewhere this morning flagged it because of a curse word (i wasnt going on a tirade) i used among hundreds of "normal" words...

waste of my time too apparently 8-)

Now I was with you all the way til the unneeded republican shot. Say it with me people...Tipper Gore is the number one advocate of getting the word fuck out of our society.

DonHutson
06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Plano? Hmmm.... that's suburban DALLAS is it not?

Can you think of anyone in Dallas who might benefit from keeping this guy quiet?

:twisted:

Deputy Nutz
06-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Can you think of anyone in Dallas who might benefit from keeping this guy quiet?

Ray Rhodes.

MadtownPacker
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM

http://www.portfolio.com/images/feeds/blogs/blog-jones-vertical.jpg

DonHutson
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM

http://www.portfolio.com/images/feeds/blogs/blog-jones-vertical.jpg

That photo even makes him look a little bit like Godfather III era Pacino. Creepy.

"Leave the gun, take the BBQ beef brisket."

bobblehead
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Going one and done in back to back years shouldn't make us think he is cheating.

BallHawk
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
New Developments.....Per ESPN

DALLAS -- A convicted steroids dealer who claimed to have sold drugs to pro football players killed himself, the Dallas County medical examiner said Friday.

Plano police found David Jacobs, 35, and Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell, 30, dead of gunshot wounds Thursday in Jacobs' Plano home. A Glock 40 semi-automatic handgun was found beside Jacobs' body; no other firearms were found in the home, Plano police officer Andrae Smith said.

The medical examiner said Jacobs suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the abdomen and the head. The final report is expected in the next 48 hours.

Authorities said Earhart-Savell was shot several times, but they issued no ruling whether it was a suicide or homicide. About a dozen investigators are working the case, police said.

Plano police officer Andrae Smith said it may take several days before they know exactly what happened to her. The investigation is consistent with a murder-suicide, "but we never rule anything out," he said.

"The investigation will look at the nature of the relationship [between Jacobs and Earhart-Savell] and tie things together," Smith said.

Earhart-Savell was a professional fitness competitor.

Police found the bodies when they went to the house after relatives of Earhart-Savell expressed concern about her whereabouts.

Jacobs met recently with NFL security officials and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him.

Jacobs was sentenced to three years' probation and fined $25,000 in May after pleading guilty last year in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

Jacobs publicly identified former Dallas Cowboy Matt Lehr as one player who bought drugs from him. Lehr's attorney, Paul Coggins, has said the player passed NFL drug tests since he was suspended for four games during the 2006 season.

Lehr also played for Tampa Bay and Atlanta.

Information from ESPN The Magazine senior writer Shaun Assael and The Associated Press was used in this report.

BallHawk
06-06-2008, 05:09 PM
In all probability, from that report, it was suicide.....However,

If you're committing suicide why not just make it one shot to the head? Why would you shoot yourself in the abdomen then in the head? Logically, you would do the most quick and painless way.

Freak Out
06-06-2008, 05:11 PM
The medical examiner said Jacobs suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the abdomen and the head. The final report is expected in the next 48 hours.

I agree Hawk....this sounds strange. Gotta be an expert suicide rat....or at least someone who can fake it?

mission
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Listen --

Bullshit.

I'm not an expert suicide rat but im a hood rat with psychological education and ...

You wouldn't shoot yourself twice, you're a coward remember? You snitched to get out of jail and you're coward enough to end your life instead of face the consequences. You would not, "I PROMISE", shoot yourself like this given his type of character and his previous behavior.

They offered him probation but NOT snitching and doing the time, I guarantee he wouldnt do more than 5 years even if they threw everything at him. Maximum sentences for nice, white men with good attorneys don't happen. They just don't. I kind of look white, had a great attorney and didn't even go to trial. Let alone the five years my friend who's black just got ... and neither of us snitched.

he stopped talking after those NFL agents showed up and went on the record to say "the kind of people i know could put a bullet in my head" .. come on ... he wasn't tough enough to kill himself. he took roids and snitched remember?

First bullet in the abs was from a distance, upon entry, potential confrontation ... larger zone to hit, higher percentage of dehabilitation ... second shot was to finish him off. the woman wasn't a problem after this "all-in-a-flash" first thing went down.

no one anywhere heard any shots yet a 40 caliber (40?! .. that's loud and at least THREE shots were heard. that's gonna wake SOMEONE UP) gun was found ?

either way -- this is bullshit.

and we'll never know

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Well at least the NFL players entertain me. What did this guy do for me? For his girlfriend if you want to be associated with somebody that is this shaddy, then watch your back, their is risks involved, sure you get your nice coach bags and Tiffany Jewlry, but you can also get executioner style.

As for his family, I am sure they feel really bad, good for them.

He contributed to your entertainment. Without the roids, no more behemoths and guys that sit out games.

Iron Mike
06-07-2008, 12:36 AM
In all probability, from that report, it was suicide.....However,

If you're committing suicide why not just make it one shot to the head? Why would you shoot yourself in the abdomen then in the head? Logically, you would do the most quick and painless way.

Nobody wants to believe that Tyler Peterson shot himself three times, BH...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=738690

But your pal IM was the forensic assistant. :whist:

Iron Mike
06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Jacobs is dead, and that is a tragedy. But he is dead because he had no code. He is dead because he had no honor, and God was watching.

Man......I throw out a good "A Few Good Men" quote and it flies right over EVERYONE'S head!!! :roll:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_WkKZJVG5wTk/R-X2PlLt_EI/AAAAAAAA7SQ/wGAPTdpE7dQ/s400/A_Few_Good_Men-158.jpg

gbgary
06-07-2008, 01:02 AM
yup......you got us. :oops:

:D