PDA

View Full Version : Funny Tom Brady Story

Brando19
06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/07/tom-brady-jokes-ap-doesnt-get-it/

Associated Press appears to have misunderstood a joke he made about the ankle injury that got so much attention in February.

Both the Boston Globe and Boston Herald posted this verbatim transcript of a question and Brady’s answer:

How is the ankle and were you able to participate in the off season program as much as you have in the past?
“The ankle feels great. Yeah. It feels really good. I’ve been able to do pretty much everything. I’m still slow. I still can’t jump. I still don’t lift very much. That hasn’t changed.”

Brady seems to be making a self-deprecating joke about his lack of athleticism, but only after clarifying that “the ankle feels great.”

But the AP article suggests that Brady is still hurting. The first sentence of the AP article says, “Brady says he is slow and can’t jump because of lingering effects of an ankle injury late last season.”

No, that’s not what Brady said. He said he is slow and can’t jump because he’s slow and can’t jump. Maybe this is why the Patriots usually don’t talk to the media about injuries at all.

Brando19
06-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Here's the story the jackass posted on espn.com...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3431327

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady says he is slow and can't jump because of lingering effects of an ankle injury late last season.

Brady, speaking on the second day of the team's three-day minicamp, said Saturday that his offseason training program has been limited by the fact that he still cannot lift a lot of weight.

The 30-year-old Brady first injured his ankle against San Diego in the AFC championship game. He was photographed in New York wearing a protective boot two weeks before the Super Bowl.

Brady led the Patriots to an unbeaten record in the regular season and two playoff games, but they lost 17-14 in the Super Bowl to the New York Giants.

"In life, you don't reflect too much on what happened in the past. You try to learn from it and build on it," Brady said. "We can only control what we did today, which in this case was a really good practice."

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
hmm..sounds about the same as the way some people in the romper room interpret my words.

MJZiggy
06-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I take back everything I said about the media and the possibility of their accuracy... :lol: :lol:

Some people just take things too seriously.

bobblehead
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I take back everything I said about the media and the possibility of their accuracy... :lol: :lol:

Some people just take things too seriously.

Great timing on this one huh :D

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2008, 11:57 PM
hmm..sounds about the same as the way some people in the romper room interpret my words.

Responsibility in communication lies with the sender not the receiver.

the_idle_threat
06-09-2008, 12:07 AM

You're gonna read a story like the one above, and say the receiver bears no responsibility? You're not half as smart as you think you are. :taunt:

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 02:04 AM

You're gonna read a story like the one above, and say the receiver bears no responsibility? You're not half as smart as you think you are. :taunt:
Nah, that was a shot at me, and I can take it since I started it. Its all good humor, at least that is how I'm taking it.

TheCheese
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM

Wow what a load of bull shit. Hopefully you don't truly believe that and its just your non-relenting bitch-a-thon attitude looking for something that'll put you at a irrational stance, while you begin to tell us how rational it is.