PDA

View Full Version : OTA REPORT, from a fan. Monday, June 5th. *NEW*

gbpackfan
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Okay, so I went up to practice again. It is a sickness, I know.

STUDS and DUDS

STUDS:

Greg Jennings - I am happy to finally add Jennings into my studs section. As always, he caught the ball nicely in individual drills but finally showed up in team drills. He made two very nice catches, both over the middle. One catch was in the middle of some very heavy traffic with a CB and S all over him. Impressive.

Ben Taylor - Taylor continues to practice with the first unit and has been extremely assignment sure. Broke up a pass and would have stuffed the run at the line of scrimmage on another play. It is looking more and more like our starting LBs are going to be Taylor, Barnett and Hawk.

Billy Cundiff - I don't recall seeing the ball pop off Longwell's foot on kickoffs. Well, I NOW recall seeing the ball pop off of Cundiff's foot. He kicked the sh*t out of the ball today. Kicking from his own 20, Cundiff sent the ball inside the 5 yard line just about everytime. For those of you who dont know, NFL kickers kickoff from the 30. Meaning, return men would have started from the end zone everytime. It was nice to see. And when Christl reported that the kickers had a slight breeze at their backs, it was DAMN SLIGHT. I didn't feel any breeze!

DUDS

Tony Moll - Man did he suck today. Two false start penalties and let KGB blow past him on another play. One of his penalties was so bad, Jags screamed at him "Get out! Are you suppose to be up or down on third down?! Get the F out of there!" Moll looked lost today.

Tom Arth - Threw low all day and never looked comportable. Ingle Martin looked better and trust me, that is not saying much. For a guy who has had some time in the league, he sure looks a lot like a rookie.

Samkon Gado - Fumbled the ball away on his first carry and never really hit a hole all day. Didn't see the same burst out of him today either. Needs to focus a bit more. Not a HORRIBLE day but his performance was the worst I have seen from him.

ONE LINERS

Underwood could have taken Jennings head off on one play, but didn't. He is just dying to lay the wood!

Bubba had a real bad drop, so did Herron.

Speaking of Herron, he looks to be in better shape. Much better shape.

WRs pecking order was Driver, Fergie, Boe, Jennings, Gardner, C. Rodgers.

Humpfrey made a real nice catch down the middle of the field.

TE pecking order was Bubba, Martin, Lee, Hump.

Peterson is one of those guys who practice with shorts hanging off his ass. How can they do that. I hate that.

Roman started ahead of Manual but Manual did get some plays in with Collins.

Many of the coaches continue to wear sweatshirts and jackets in 83 degree heat.

Poppinga may not be ready to practice but he was running around on the sideline.

Jason Horton looked good.

My notes on Tom Arth simply said "Arth - terrible."

Driver was coaching up C. Rodgers after several blown routes.

Speaking of C. Rodgers, he better be one hell of a returner because he has shown little as a WR so far.

Gardner looked good, not super impressive, but good.

Vonta Leach finally caught a pass.

Hawkins got burned a couple times but also had a nice pass break up.

FAVORITE STORY:

It would have to be Tony Moll getting his arse chewed out by Jags. See DUDS section.

I should be going back up on Thurs. or Fri. I will have another report then.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
That moll story is pretty funny, but it just means even less quality depth on the o-line.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
o by the way, thanks for the info

gbpackfan
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah, T is a position that I am worried about. I starters are good and I think Klemm is a nice backup at T, but other then that, yikes! I would like one more good T as a backup. But, Moll is still a rookie, I guess we should give him some time.

RashanGary
06-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report...I can't wait to see Hawk. Maybe I'll go Thursday. I think he might be there. I'm not sure though.

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
gbpackfan that was one fine report.

Maybe Moll can go back for a Masters Degree. Eh !

Glad to hear that Rod Gardner could check in and glad that Bubba is out there as well. Gado will be OK. He's likely guilty of over thinking, looking too hard for the best hole.

V. Leach. . . GG , find another FB, TT!

gbpackfan
06-05-2006, 10:19 PM
They may have the fullback of the future on the roster. Ben Brown certainly looks the part, but how will he perform in the game? I'm pulling for him!

BallHawk
06-05-2006, 10:20 PM

He's likely guilty of over thinking, looking too hard for the best hole.

The downfalls of having a Doctor as your Runningback.

By the way, doesn't the nickname "Dr.Gado" sound kickass to you?

"The 20, the 10, Touchdown for Dr.Gado!

MadtownPacker
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Great report GBPF. Glad to hear Jennings is showing something.

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 11:01 PM

He's likely guilty of over thinking, looking too hard for the best hole.

The downfalls of having a Doctor as your Runningback.

"The 20, the 10, Touchdown for Dr.Gado!

Doctor Gado. . .Great name for a WWF wrestler.

Guiness
06-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Doctor Gado. . .Great name for a WWF wrestler.

Showing your age. WWE. :razz:

Scott Campbell
06-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Great report - thanks!

red
06-06-2006, 08:12 AM
gbpackfan, do you know you're getting ripped off on another site and getting absolutely no credit for it?

http://www.packerchatters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6494

GBRulz
06-06-2006, 08:38 AM
good find, Red !!!

havanother
06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Great report. I'm not as apt to give Gado the benefit of the doubt and if we have to rely on him we may be in trouble. C'mon Ahman stay healthy man! The false starts are just a matter of getting the timing down, plenty of time to do that. Gardner is a stud and I'd like to see him step it up on the pecking order. Bubba will be critical this year and he knows it we all know he won't drop balls often.

HarveyWallbangers
06-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Funny that Hands got the kudos on the other board.
:D

red
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Funny that Hands got the kudos on the other board.

even after it was pointed out that he boosted the thing from someone else

Partial
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
nice report!

haveanother, welcome to the boards

Harlan Huckleby
06-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Great report, will have to pay attention to Ben Taylor.

CaptainKickass
06-06-2006, 12:12 PM

Don't you DARE ever take my name in vain!!!

Tarlam!
06-06-2006, 01:14 PM
gbpackfan, do you know you're getting ripped off on another site and getting absolutely no credit for it?

http://www.packerchatters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6494

That sooooo sucks! I think you guys should slap the copyright symbol on these outstanding reports. At least then people might know whére the "source" is.

The guy who posted is called hands, no wonder, he's a thief!

PCastleberg
06-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the writeup, any news from first hand viewing of the practices is always appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Nice site you guys have here BTW...love the pics and vids. VERY COOL!

PC

MJZiggy
06-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey, PC welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.