PDA

View Full Version : Some Comparisons

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I very seldom copy and paste other people's work, but this was too good to not copy and post it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In just one year. Remember the election in 2006? Thought you
might like to read the following. A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratically controlled Congress in 2006 we
have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity
value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses)
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for "change" in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes the law; not, the President.
He has to work with what's handed to him.

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican, you will find these
statistics enlightening and amazing.
www.taxfoundation.org/publicati ons/show/151.html
<http://www.tax foundat ion.org /publications/show/151.html>

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $ 8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K - tax $ 9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Both democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates

It is amazing how many people who fall into the categories above
think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President
ever. If Obama or Hillary are elected, they both say they will repeal
the Bush tax cuts; and, a good portion of the people who fall into the
categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie,
"The Sting," with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and
they don't even know what happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sheepshead
06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
ahhh, nice. Its what many of us have known, just good to see it all in one place. This is purposeful by the way. The dems dont want anything to take place during this presidency. That dates back to his attempts at health care tort reform, social security crisis(that is a crisis, unlike the housing"crisis")., etc etc

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
See how evil bush is.

People earning over 125K got a 7500 tax cut while those earning under 30k only got a 4k tax cut. Geez tex can't you see how bush is screwing the little guy!!!

Ok, in seriousness, the first chart isn't necessarily fair to the current dems, those problems are mainly the manifestation of past liberal positions. Mainly the position to not allow drilling or nuclear expansion for the past 35 years.

Those two positions have caused a global and continental shortage in energy that is finally hitting home hard ( the chickens are coming home to roost) had to say it :P. The rise in the price of oil is responsible for almost every current problem with the economy as we are based on affordable energy.

The housing market bubble/crash is due to ever decreasing lending standards and some shady dealings in the derivative markets that disconnected the lender with the borrower. This problem can be blamed on both sides...the right plummeted interest rates and allowed said seperation, the left was pushing for anyone and everyone to be "helped" into the american dream of owning a home....ability to pay be damned. These created an artificial boom due to a huge demand increase where there never should have been one. It was only natural that it had to end badly and it is. Now tons of lenders are out money (and that is all of us who invest) and the credit market is dried up and being held in home inventory that there is no demand for.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I was a little bit hesitant to post this, because it has been my position--and really still is--that most of the "crises" in the first part are no big deal.

It is undoubtedly no coincidence, though, that these horrors that the Dems and their media buddies blame Bush for got geometrically worse in the time period that the Dems controlled Congress.

This also is kinda conversely similar to the way things improved under Clinton--WHEN GINGRICH AND THE REPUBLICANS GOT CONTROL OF CONGRESS.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Just a mutual circle jerk.

MJZiggy
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
See how evil bush is.

People earning over 125K got a 7500 tax cut while those earning under 30k only got a 4k tax cut. Geez tex can't you see how bush is screwing the little guy!!!

Ok, in seriousness, the first chart isn't necessarily fair to the current dems, those problems are mainly the manifestation of past liberal positions. Mainly the position to not allow drilling or nuclear expansion for the past 35 years.

Those two positions have caused a global and continental shortage in energy that is finally hitting home hard ( the chickens are coming home to roost) had to say it :P. The rise in the price of oil is responsible for almost every current problem with the economy as we are based on affordable energy.

The housing market bubble/crash is due to ever decreasing lending standards and some shady dealings in the derivative markets that disconnected the lender with the borrower. This problem can be blamed on both sides...the right plummeted interest rates and allowed said seperation, the left was pushing for anyone and everyone to be "helped" into the american dream of owning a home....ability to pay be damned. These created an artificial boom due to a huge demand increase where there never should have been one. It was only natural that it had to end badly and it is. Now tons of lenders are out money (and that is all of us who invest) and the credit market is dried up and being held in home inventory that there is no demand for.

Wait a second. You accuse the democrats of not allowing drilling or nuclear expansion, but the Republicans were in control for a number of years and could easily have shoved that through if they'd wanted to. They didn't do it either, so it kinda sounds like an excuse.

sheepshead
06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
See how evil bush is.

Wait a second. You accuse the democrats of not allowing drilling or nuclear expansion, but the Republicans were in control for a number of years and could easily have shoved that through if they'd wanted to. They didn't do it either, so it kinda sounds like an excuse.

"Shoved through"? Looks like some else needs a civic lesson.

Oscar
06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
See how evil bush is.

"Shoved through"? Looks like some else needs a civic lesson.

This is the second time you have mentioned someone on this board needing a lesson in civics.. I for one am still waiting, with much anticipation, on the lesson your gonna teach to Patler :lol: :lol:

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Ty, you been taking lessons from pf1 on how to further the debate now?

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 07:53 PM

I would say its a fair characterization to say liberals are against drilling and nuclear power. I think greenpeace has pretty much been the force standing in the way of drilling in anwar, although I do agree with you to the extent that a handful of republicans helped the democrats stifle new exploration. Thats part of why they got their asses kicked in '06. And said opposition has been ongoing for a long long time. I think (but not positive) the gingrich congress actually passed drilling in anwar but clinton vetoed it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2008, 08:14 PM

No debate going on here....4 straight conservative posts...circle jerk.

Bobble, what is the point of a debate? Tex and sheep aren't going to change their minds..Tex won't even acknowledge anything...just america hatin leftists....that is who you align yourself with.

Furthermore, the conclusions drawn by him based on the figures is ludicrous. Points 1-6 are so clearly the fault of the Dem controlled congress that it just a waste of time talking about it. :roll:

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
you think I align myself with him? Strange, I thought we disagree about as much as we agree.

anyway if you didn't like the thread you could have left it alone without the dig.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Never mind a cowardly little piece of crap like Tyrone. How pathetic is it to pretend to be another race?

Ziggy, thanks to the obstructionist policies pioneered by your favorites, the Dem/libs, it took 60 votes to get anything accomplished--that many to cloture a filibuster.

The only bright side in that is now it is the good guys' turn to use that tactic to prevent much of the sick agenda of the liberals from getting through.

I wouldn't dignify that obstructionist crap by calling it a "civics lesson", but it is a fact of life in Congressional politics.

HarveyWallbangers
06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
you think I align myself with him? Strange, I thought we disagree about as much as we agree.

Reason doesn't work with "Tyrone". He's the liberal version of Tex. I bet he's an old bastard too. No offense, Tex.

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Tyrone is no bastard. I'm his daddy. Star Jones & I were just crazy teenagers, I married her, tried to make a family for the three of us. Didn't work out, Tyrone was raised by his black grandmother, Grandma Jones.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 02:01 AM
so tyrone is the anti obama?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 09:37 AM

Reason doesn't work with "Tyrone". He's the liberal version of Tex. I bet he's an old bastard too. No offense, Tex.

Liberal version...right. Remind me again when i generically insult all conservatives, where i call them america hatin, where is dismiss their viewpoints as fox pr, where i dismiss their viewpoints as bush love, etc.

Please stop, you embarrass yourself. But, what else could we expect from a narrow minded conservative...insult without provocation.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Tyrone is no bastard. I'm his daddy. Star Jones & I were just crazy teenagers, I married her, tried to make a family for the three of us. Didn't work out, Tyrone was raised by his black grandmother, Grandma Jones.

Dad, just letting you know i could use a new car for Kwanza!!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 09:43 AM

What was the dig. At the point i posted..it was indeed a mutual jerk-off.

P.S. I find it amusing that you say you don't align yourself with Tex and choose to castigate me and the "liberals" for...let's just say inability to think/reason..whatever. Yet, i have yet to see ONE post castigating Tex for his general divisiveness.

If you don't mention it..and let's be honest here..there isn't one liberal on this forum who is remotely as insulting to the "loyal opposition" as he is..then you are aligned with him.

hoosier
06-10-2008, 09:45 AM

Stop already with this pretending to be black stuff. :P

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Stop already with this pretending to be black stuff. :P

How can i...my daddy wasn't there for me. Got my moms knocked up and then left. I'm a stereotype!!!

Hey Mama, is it true what they say,
that Papa never worked a day in his life?
And Mama, some bad talk going around town
saying that Papa had three outside children and another wife.
And that ain't right.
Hey, talk about Papa doing some store front preaching.
Talked about saving souls and all the time leeching.
Dealing in debt and stealing in the name of the Lord.

Mama just hung her head and said,
"Papa was a rolling stone, my son.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM

P.S. I find it amusing that you say you don't align yourself with Tex and choose to castigate me and the "liberals" for...let's just say inability to think/reason..whatever. Yet, i have yet to see ONE post castigating Tex for his general divisiveness.

If you don't mention it..and let's be honest here..there isn't one liberal on this forum who is remotely as insulting to the "loyal opposition" as he is..then you are aligned with him.

I align myself with good policy and common sense, if tex happens to be in the right I align with him....if not, I don't. Its not like tex and I go lock step and never disagree, he is right on most issues, but we have had as many posts to each other disagreeing.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 10:49 AM

Liberal version...right. Remind me again when i generically insult all conservatives, where i call them america hatin, where is dismiss their viewpoints as fox pr, where i dismiss their viewpoints as bush love, etc.

Please stop, you embarrass yourself. But, what else could we expect from a narrow minded conservative...insult without provocation.

Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.

You might be right, but it does seem quite strange that most of the racists i've met seem to hold conservative values close to their heart.

Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative.

P.S. I'm talking about being racist, not prejudiced.

You have been reminded...wait let me post your response.

I didn't generically call all conservatives rascist, I said most rascist were conservative.

Now my response. If you don't see the comparison I can't help you, you linked conservatism and rascism and its no different.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 10:51 AM

I align myself with good policy and common sense, if tex happens to be in the right I align with him....if not, I don't. Its not like tex and I go lock step and never disagree, he is right on most issues, but we have had as many posts to each other disagreeing.

right. And, yet you don't address the castigating issue. You never fail to jump on someone for making a poor argument or what you perceive as the liberal flaw, yet you tolerate his divisiveness and hate mongering.

Sorry, but that is tacit approval. You are no different than a pol who let PACs do their dirty work..and then say.."i didn't say that."

You did.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM

Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.

You might be right, but it does seem quite strange that most of the racists i've met seem to hold conservative values close to their heart.

Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative.

P.S. I'm talking about being racist, not prejudiced.

You have been reminded...wait let me post your response.

I didn't generically call all conservatives rascist, I said most rascist were conservative.

Now my response. If you don't see the comparison I can't help you, you linked conservatism and rascism and its no different.

Are you slow?

I plainly said that being conservative doesn't mean you are racist. BUt, that 99% of the racists i've met have been conservative.

Stop playing games. I wouldn't take offense or question if you said...not all liberals are eco nuts, but 99% of the eco nuts i've met are liberals.

Lastly, to try and conflate one post to Tex's continuous posts that call liberals america hatin, etc...is laughable.

I don't start addressing your posts by saying...you racist, capitalist pig, bush apologizing ass..who is testicularly challenged.

If you can't see the difference...well, you aren't as bright as i gave you credit for. Shame, we coulda used a few more bright bulbs in here.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
These Texas river cops sound like scum of the earth. Something tells me Benson got profiled and screwed.

"I called my dad and told him, 'Call 911, my black friend is getting beaten up by police on Lake Travis,'" Cartwright recalled, according to the Tribune. "It's more what I heard than what I saw. I have never heard or seen Cedric that scared."

Information from The Associated
Who would say it like that? The fact this broad is injecting racism tells me all I need to know. This chick cried to her daddy, benson cried to his mama. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled pukes upset they cant do whatever they want.

I hope all the charges get dropped though. :lol:

Who would say it? A white person it texas.

That state don't tolerate no uppity black men. You know, like that byrd guy.
Well, in this one, you implicate the entire state of texas, and I figure the guys on the left are all over tex for the rhetoric already, no need for me to chime in. Also, tex usually adds an arguement with his devicive tactics, not that it excuses it, but he isn't simply dropping in, taking a potshot and leaving. He actually does further the debate in the process. I would prefer he leaves the rest at home, yes, but you guys make that point plenty.

If it appeases your strange sense of justice. Hey tex, the liberals won't get dragged into an intellectual debate thus enabling us to show them the error of their ways if you insult them.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
These Texas river cops sound like scum of the earth. Something tells me Benson got profiled and screwed.

"I called my dad and told him, 'Call 911, my black friend is getting beaten up by police on Lake Travis,'" Cartwright recalled, according to the Tribune. "It's more what I heard than what I saw. I have never heard or seen Cedric that scared."

Information from The Associated
Who would say it like that? The fact this broad is injecting racism tells me all I need to know. This chick cried to her daddy, benson cried to his mama. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled pukes upset they cant do whatever they want.

I hope all the charges get dropped though. :lol:

Who would say it? A white person it texas.

That state don't tolerate no uppity black men. You know, like that byrd guy.
Well, in this one, you implicate the entire state of texas, and I figure the guys on the left are all over tex for the rhetoric already, no need for me to chime in. Also, tex usually adds an arguement with his devicive tactics, not that it excuses it, but he isn't simply dropping in, taking a potshot and leaving. He actually does further the debate in the process. I would prefer he leaves the rest at home, yes, but you guys make that point plenty.

If it appeases your strange sense of justice. Hey tex, the liberals won't get dragged into an intellectual debate thus enabling us to show them the error of their ways if you insult them.

Get serious. First, you are a new poster. Some of us have been here for a long time..and know each other from other boards. Some of us have "adversarial" relationships...where we bust each others chops. Do you really believe it when people talk about harlan as a blue dog, or think Skinbasket is..well...geez, how to describe him.

In this lame example..one, i'm using humor. Two, stop trying to make a federal case outta nothing. By no means am i saying all of Texas..and being serious. THe only one who labels a group of people constantly..and believes it is Tex. The rest of us realize..as liberals..that there are shades of grey, subtleties and nuance (yep, those things that conservs like Tex deride us for)..and that not all conservs are exactly the same..not all liberals are the same, not all blacks are the same, etc. So, by there is no way I would ever think that the Great State of Texas (in which i lived for a couple of years) would all think and act alike. Sides, there a few good ones there..you know liberals.....see, that is humor.

The point was that some in texas don't tolerate uppity negroes. That is a fact..as evidenced by Byrd...and by either eddie murphy/chris rock..who did a whole routine on being scared as shit in texas.

With an avatar of Tyrone Bigguns..get the point. C'mon..turn on that big brain.

Potshot: Again, at the stage i posted..no potshot..4 conservatives whacking each other off...that was all that was going on.

Tex: Ok. YOu are right. It wouldn't add to the civility of this forum to have someone on the right castigate someone on the right. :roll:

Do you actually believe what your write. It takes both sides to promote civility. Pehaps you've missed all those commercials with polar opposites promoting that...pat robertson and al sharpton, etc.

Tex insults: Puhlease. Arguments. Half his responses are just insults and denials of any evidence contrary to his worldview.

More importantly, while you don't like potshots and then leaving...do you think the other side takes the time to read his "substantive" argument when the first paragraph or so is potshots?

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
NO, I don't, but I would figure it is up to the left to drag him into an arguement without that other stuff, now you want me to do your job for you too....OK, but I'm gonna need a drug test first.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
NO, I don't, but I would figure it is up to the left to drag him into an arguement without that other stuff, now you want me to do your job for you too....OK, but I'm gonna need a drug test first.

Haven't you figured it out...the left and most of the right don't want to be involved with him. Can't you figure out why he complains that the left won't debate him.

Can't you figure out why there are potshots? And, why, if you don't address his attitude..you are lumped in with him..and will receive "potshots."

Drug test: Since i've worked in the past for the military, i've passed every drug test known to man.

All crackheads know that blow is outta your system in 3 days.

But, as a liberal...or one who values personal freedom i am adamantly opposed to them..as they encroach on my freedom. As a libertarian, i'm surprised to hear you call for one. Repub in sheeps clothing.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I have said all along that I'm in favor of legalizing non narcotic drugs, I don't embrace everything libertarians do. I don't really like drug testing, but I recognize certain realities. And again, like I said to hoosier, I'm discussing the current situation where people get handouts, and as such situation exists drug testing them isn't that outta line.

And if you lump me in with tex and take potshots at me....well, I really don't want to get into that. I guess I'm guilty of posting while conservative huh?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I have said all along that I'm in favor of legalizing non narcotic drugs, I don't embrace everything libertarians do. I don't really like drug testing, but I recognize certain realities. And again, like I said to hoosier, I'm discussing the current situation where people get handouts, and as such situation exists drug testing them isn't that outta line.

And if you lump me in with tex and take potshots at me....well, I really don't want to get into that. I guess I'm guilty of posting while conservative huh?

If you act like McCain in 2000 and call out the religious right then you are one thing...if you cozy up to them, you are another.

Ask yourself who your bedfellow is.

You don't see me cozying up to Tank.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM

If you act like McCain in 2000 and call out the religious right then you are one thing...if you cozy up to them, you are another.

So, lumping certain groups of people together is ok? I'm not sure what you mean by "cozying up". I have made probably 20 posts refuting tex's ideas. I have made 2 telling him he doesn't need the rhetoric to make the point when he is right. How many have you made to #1packfan? How many times have you told hoosier he doesn't need to encite class warfare? I don't call you out on trying to pretend you are black either, does that mean I should be lumped in with you?

MadtownPacker
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
So much white on white crime. So little time to enjoy it all!

Did you paleface-devils know that Mexicans are some of the most prejudice people in the world?

Zool
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Did you paleface-devils know that Mexicans are some of the most prejudice people in the world?

Only people who hate blacks more than the clan are the Mexicans.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Obama vs. mr. amnesty....who ya think gets the valuable hispanic vote??

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM

So, lumping certain groups of people together is ok? I'm not sure what you mean by "cozying up". I have made probably 20 posts refuting tex's ideas. I have made 2 telling him he doesn't need the rhetoric to make the point when he is right. How many have you made to #1packfan? How many times have you told hoosier he doesn't need to encite class warfare? I don't call you out on trying to pretend you are black either, does that mean I should be lumped in with you?

I made the analogy...if you can't see it..then you can't see it. If you wanna be an admired Maverick then you know what to do. If you wanna turn off the base that found you independent..keep doing what you are doing.

Packfan...harldy compares...he doesn't call people sick, america hating, testicular challenged...you can try all you want, but it isn't even close. Not to mention that you dont' find me posting anything to him. By addressing him, i would be acknowledging the lunatic fringe.

Hoosier: Sorry, but i and others dont' see it as class warfare. Again, that is a common conserv tactic..whether it is true or not. That would be like me labeling you as non-compassionate...as the basis for refusing to engage. At no point has anyone other than tex been so uncivil. There is a reason that many werent' happy when he showed up here, reason people don't want to post to him, avoid his posts...and I have emails from people saying they are fed up with him.

Black: Of course not...i don't make any arguments based on race. Anytime i even talk about Tyrone..it is as a crack addict. Race isn't the issue. I don't start arguing a point about healthcare based on a "black" perspective..whatever that might be.

Joemailman
06-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Well, it's been said that most prejudice is based on ignorance.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Obama vs. mr. amnesty....who ya think gets the valuable hispanic vote??

Woulda been McCain till flip flopped.

The hispanic vote is going to be critical...and the repubs on this one have shot themselves in the foot.

MJZiggy
06-10-2008, 05:35 PM

Yes, actually, for some reason I was aware of that...

Zool
06-10-2008, 09:19 PM

Well, it's been said that most prejudice is based on ignorance.

Rack him

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok, tyrone, I'm gonna make one last post on all this and hope you understand it.

I have disagreed with tex on his theory that the multiplier extends to handout type spending, we went back and forth with no name calling. Even if he had called me a name, but tried to make a point, I would have continued. I don't chastisize him because I don't need to in order for him to actually debate other than take a potshot.

Our very first interaction was you dropping in, saying my posts were laced with hypocrysie and something or the other and stated that I wasn't worth responding to. I managed to drag you into a debate, but it never involved anything to do with politics, it was a bunch of he said she said crap as this has been. You said this so you are that, no I didn't mean that blah blah blah. I could care less for this stuff.

I try to drag you into a debate and we got close on healthcare, but not really into it. Anytime you start into an issue it becomes about the poster instead of the issue. I try to drag you into the issue's debate so we can have an honest discussion about what we think on policy and why its right or wrong, but it ends up as this.

I don't need to drag tex into the discussion, when he agrees with me, no need, when he doesn't, we debate it out.

Same goes for Harlen, he debates his issue, with no problem, we go back and forth, and it stays about the issue. Hoosier, once in a short while he gets off track with class warfare, but for the most part he does defend his position, sometimes in a way that even convinces me.

I guess, I chastize for dropping in with a "circle jerk" comment and adding zero to the discussion. If you didn't like this thread, leave it alone, if we are wrong, point it out, but stay away from dragging me into a stupid petty arguement like this one.

Now that I have been around a bit longer and I have gotten to know the personalities of everyone I will probably completely avoid this kind of back and forth and save it for when you actually make a point, which has been occasionally. I like it when you do, it is helpful. When you don't, its nominally more civil than tex is. I'm quite sure you don't see it my way on this, but hopefully over say the next year you will begin to understand what I mean. I have figure out who wants to talk issues and who wants to bicker, I'll leave it at that.

texaspackerbacker
06-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Well said, Bobblehead (hey, that rhymes).

About the only time I depart from civility is as a "counter puncher". Your chastising of Tyrone would be only marginally less true for several other forum leftists too, who, as I pointed out a while back in my "POLITICAL ISSUES" thread, are pathetically incapable, not to mention thoroughly unwilling to discuss actual issues.

Do we sound like Henry Higgins and Colonel Pickering patting each other on the back, or what? :lol: