PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Bears release Benson

Brando19
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/09/buh-bye-benson/

The Chicago Bears have released running back Cedric Benson.

Technically, he has been placed on waivers, since he has less than four years of NFL service.

More to come.

Brando19
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Gee...didn't see this one coming.

Brando19
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3434053

Cedric Benson's time with the Chicago Bears is up.

The troubled running back, whose relationship with the team soured further because of his second arrest in little more than a month Saturday, was waived by the team on Monday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Before his release, Benson made one last ditch effort to repair the situation, issuing an apology on Monday afternoon.

"I apologize for making the poor decision to drink and drive during the early morning of Saturday, June 7th," he said in a statement. "Given the incident last month, it was a particularly bad decision. I have no excuse for this lack of judgment.

Though I strongly believe that I am not guilty of any crime, I realize that the public and the Bears organization hold me to higher standard. Though my local attorneys will continue to work hard to prove my innocence, I confess to using poor judgment. Please accept my deepest apology."

The Bears released the running back shortly thereafter.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported on its Web site earlier in the day that Benson showed up at Monday's OTA and was sent home by coach Lovie Smith.

"I know that he went to practice today and Lovie told him to go home," Benson's attorney Sam Bassett said before the release, according to the newspaper. "I don't know if it's because of the publicity or because it's a distraction, or if the Bears are trying to decide what to do. He's just kind of waiting to see what they tell him and what they are going to require of him.

"His agent and business manager are doing some stuff with the Bears that I am not privy to. He knows the Bears may release him. He hopes they don't. He knows he screwed up."

Benson was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Austin, Texas, early Saturday and Bears officials said they would treat the matter seriously. Benson's attorney said the former Texas star had a few drinks with dinner but didn't think he was intoxicated and cooperated with police.

The arrest comes a month after Benson was charged in Austin with boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest. He has said neither charge is true, and those cases are pending.

At a fan event at Soldier Field in Chicago on Saturday, Angelo said he hadn't spoken to Benson but called the most recent situation unfortunate.

"Disappointment is too much an often-used word when we're talking about Cedric, and the number one lesson for every player is protect your job," Angelo said. "So we're all held accountable for our actions."

Bossman641
06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Forte and Adrian Peterson Version 2.0 as your top 2 backs? Yuck

Rashaan Salaam, Curtis Enis, Cedric Benson

Brando19
06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
The Bears suck. I wonder if Benson will be suspended or if another sucky team like Detroit will pick him up?

CaliforniaCheez
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
In some ways this is bad news for the Packers.

Benson was a worthless overpriced gutless RB who soaked up a Bear roster spot.

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Cheer up. They still have Grossman.

CaliforniaCheez
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Cheer up. They still have Grossman.

Thinking of the cap hit and the money paid to a 4th overall pick is bad news, Bears.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2008, 05:29 PM
"Hey, Ced, this is Mike...the mastermind...we'll see you at training camp."

KYPack
06-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Couldn't have happened to a bigger dipshit.

Bye-bye Cedric. It was nice not getting to know you.

Freak Out
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM

Benson was a worthless overpriced gutless RB who soaked up a Bear roster spot.

Ha ha.....Where is Thomas Jones now...the Jets? :lol:

RashanGary
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Seeing #5 picks like Benson make you appreciate guys like Hawk that much more.

MJZiggy
06-09-2008, 06:27 PM
The jokes are all well and good, but dude drove drunk enough to get arrested and didn't think he committed any kind of crime???

The sad news is that just because he's going away doesn't mean he's not taking alcoholism that he won't admit to with him. I hope he figures it out before he kills someone. There's a good chance he's already screwed his career beyond repair wonder what he'll end up doing.

We now return you to the Bad News Bears jokes...

Iron Mike
06-09-2008, 06:40 PM

http://www.chicosbailbonds.com/images/bears.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM

And you won't feel quite so bad if Justin Harrell doesn't work out

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
The jokes are all well and good, but dude drove drunk enough to get arrested and didn't think he committed any kind of crime???

The sad news is that just because he's going away doesn't mean he's not taking alcoholism that he won't admit to with him. I hope he figures it out before he kills someone. There's a good chance he's already screwed his career beyond repair wonder what he'll end up doing.

I hear you, but until we exactly know how much he drank..i think we should hold off.

In AZ it is virtually impossible to have one drink and not be busted for DUI. And, even if you are below the legal limit the cops still can bust you.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a problem, but he very well coulda had 3 drinks in 2 hours at dinner and have been busted. That isn't a drinking problem.

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 07:02 PM
That isn't a drinking problem.

LOL

He got arrested. He lost his job. He potentially lost millions of dollars. I'd call it a problem - but that's just me.

sheepshead
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
The biggest, most expensive crap shoot in all of sports, The NFL Draft. We need a rookie cap now!

MJZiggy
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM

I hear you, but until we exactly know how much he drank..i think we should hold off.

In AZ it is virtually impossible to have one drink and not be busted for DUI. And, even if you are below the legal limit the cops still can bust you.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a problem, but he very well coulda had 3 drinks in 2 hours at dinner and have been busted. That isn't a drinking problem.

I'd likely agree with you if it hadn't happened twice.

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Glad I left the old JS site otherwise I woulda opened a page full of "Dude, we gotta pick up cedric benson"

MJZiggy
06-09-2008, 07:52 PM
We do some of that here, but we do tend to know a turd when we see one...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-09-2008, 08:46 PM

LOL

He got arrested. He lost his job. He potentially lost millions of dollars. I'd call it a problem - but that's just me.

I'd say that is a stupidity issue...not necessarily drinking. Plenty of young guys have stupidity issues.

We have no "evidence" of how drunk he was...let's wait and see. If he was .085 i dont' say that is a drinking problem..i say that is just being stupid.

Arrested: That is what happens when you refuse a breathalyzer and blood tests. but, that is exactly what you should do if stopped by a cop...any attorney will tell you that.

If we define it by your terms...he'll have another job, he banked 17 mill, etc.

GrnBay007
06-09-2008, 10:13 PM

1 drink = .08? no way! Unless you consider a glass of vodka a "drink".

I also don't see 3 drinks in a 2 hour period at dinner a possibility with a guy his size.

Now maybe he refused to blow and they charged him with DUI....but that means he also would have had to not pass the field sobriety tests for that to happen.

retailguy
06-09-2008, 10:17 PM

I think that Cedric was the 4th pick.... but hey, you got close! :wink:

bobblehead
06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
the only way an attorny would tell you to refuse is if you thought there was a chance you would fail the test. Now that being said, I'm not convinced he has a drinking problem, probably much less than I did at his age, but my body wasn't my livelihood either.

MadtownPacker
06-09-2008, 11:18 PM

LOL

I'd say that is a stupidity issue...not necessarily drinking. Plenty of young guys have stupidity issues.

We have no "evidence" of how drunk he was...let's wait and see. If he was .085 i dont' say that is a drinking problem..i say that is just being stupid.

Arrested: That is what happens when you refuse a breathalyzer and blood tests. but, that is exactly what you should do if stopped by a cop...any attorney will tell you that.

If we define it by your terms...he'll have another job, he banked 17 mill, etc.Well, we both know I can admit I am wrong but I see you dont know when to quit. Do I need to bump the bentson thread from the boat party? You know, the one where you said he was being profiled or some BS??

You talk alot of shit about racism but have you actually ever been discriminated against for anything besides being an arrogant asshole?

cpk1994
06-10-2008, 07:40 AM
There is an irony now with the Cover of ESPN Magazine that had Cedric with the line, "I am NOT Ricky Williams!". No, Cedric, you are an alcoholic instead of a pothead.

RashanGary
06-10-2008, 07:41 AM
There is an irony now with the Cover of ESPN Magazine that had Cedric with the line, "I am NOT Ricky Williams!". No, Cedric, you are an alcoholic instead of a pothead.

Not as good as Ricky either. Ricky was a player when he wanted to be. Benson just sucked.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 10:44 AM

1 drink = .08? no way! Unless you consider a glass of vodka a "drink".

I also don't see 3 drinks in a 2 hour period at dinner a possibility with a guy his size.

Now maybe he refused to blow and they charged him with DUI....but that means he also would have had to not pass the field sobriety tests for that to happen.

One, i apologize for being unclear. I wasn't referring to him specifically with one drink. More like the average person...especially women out here. But, you are also thinking that you wait an hour..metastisizing (sp?) it..could be a quick drink and then hit the road.

As for Benson..point taken. But, easily could have 4/5..in 2 hours..and that ain't a ton.

But, you are missing the crux...which is you don't have to be over the limit to get a DUI. Sorry, but in AZ they can still bust you if you are way below the limit. We have cases of people arrested for .02.

Benson claims he passed the field sobriety test. More importantly, you dont' have to consent to doing it...and you will get brought downtown..which an atty will tell you is the right thing to do.

Let me give you this little example to make you think. Recently, a dui atty and his wife and friend were stopped. The wife had not been drinking at all. the two had been..celebrating the acceptance into law school of the friend. The cop who pulled the suv over was the same cop who the dui atty beat in court a couple of months prior. The cop claims he didn't know it was the atty...highly unlikely as SOP is to run the plates....and the atty identified himself when pulled over and showed his bar card.

They were pulled over because she hadn't flipped on the lights of the Suv...she was unfamiliar with it. Yes, a mistake..and should be stopped.

Anyway, without EVEN ASKING HER IF SHE HAD BEEN DRINKING HE ORDERED HER OUT OF THE VEHICLE AND DEMANDED A FIELD SOBRIETY TEST.

Hmm, i've forgotten to turn on my lights..and it hasn't been because i've been drinking. I've also rolled thru stop signs, failed to yield, didn't put on my blinker, etc....none of which means that i've been drinking....USUALLY ON CRACK!!!

Anyway, the cop said she had been drinking (this is all on the report), had watery eyes, flushed face, smelled of alcohol, etc. Her husband asked what was going on..cop was not nice. Husband advised her not to take field sobriety test...as side of the road......thick gravel..she in strappy high heels...a recipe for failure. She was arrested.

Now, of course, later on she was exonerated. THe cop in previous testimony admitted he pulled people over at night for things he wouldn't during the day. When asked about a quota. Cop admitted that he liked to make 3 arrests for DUI.

Now, let's make you we are clear here...as it may be different where you live. In AZ..if you refuse a breathalyzer/blood... the police confiscate your license right away and suspend it for a year. By refusing, you're admitting guilt.

But that is not true for field sobriety tests. They are supposed to be optional.

But, according to the cop..he had no choice but to arrest her. SHE NEVER REFUSED THOSE...just a field sobriety test. AND, THEY HAVE PORTABLE BREATHALYZERS.

And, when her husband asked why she was being arrested...no answer..just cuffs.

All this happened to a designated driver...and one whose husband specializes in dui law. Just think what woulda happened and the result for someone who doens't have an atty husband. Ok, maybe you get off...clear your name...just for a couple thousand dollars.

I do believe that cops are there to protect you, however, when it comes to traffic infractions and DUI....you can't trust them. From the minute they pull you over you are guilty of being drunk..and they are building a case against you.

It is all about revenue.

Now, before you dismiss this as more Tyrone bs....Alexander Wagenaar is a professor of epidemiology and health policy at the University of Florida. We are not on the same page...he'd like to see the United States set the legal limit even lower than 0.08, as it is in Europe.

But, as much as i disagree with that i can't deny his cred...studying what actually reduces drunk driving — and his results don't jibe with our current methods. Mandatory jail time and heavy fines, his studies conclude, are not effective deterrents. And, isn't the real purpose to deter drunk driving?

Far more effective, are immediate license revocations. If it happens quickly, and happens to everyone who's busted, revocation isa serious deterrent according to him.

The point of long jail sentences and fat fines isn't deterrence — it's punishment.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
the only way an attorny would tell you to refuse is if you thought there was a chance you would fail the test. Now that being said, I'm not convinced he has a drinking problem, probably much less than I did at his age, but my body wasn't my livelihood either.

Sorry, you are wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM

LOL

If we define it by your terms...he'll have another job, he banked 17 mill, etc.Well, we both know I can admit I am wrong but I see you dont know when to quit. Do I need to bump the bentson thread from the boat party? You know, the one where you said he was being profiled or some BS??

You talk alot of shit about racism but have you actually ever been discriminated against for anything besides being an arrogant asshole?

Bump away. The two have nothing to do with each other. In that one, we have witnesses that don't corroborate the popo.

In this case we have a drunk driver.

The only relationship is that there is alcohol involved.

Discriminated: Yes. But, i'm not going to go into my personal life. If you want that..you'll have to at least take me to Sizzler. And, 3 or 4 singapore slings...then you can have your way with me.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Sorry, you are wrong.

Nope, just called an attorney in wisconsin to check. He said you would be a fippin fool to refuse a breathalyzer if you were stone cold sober. If you knew you had zero to drink and you knew you would automatically lose your liscence for a year, or if you are in a state where the punishment is different, it doesn't matter, you would be stupid to not comply unless you were trying to make a political point, or thought you might fail.

Now, that being said, I believe in your example the cop knew exactly who he was pulling over and was probably being a dick and getting a little revenge. Said attorney probably makes a habit of getting dangerous drunk drivers off, and cops frown on that (fairly or not). I also know we are hearing one side of the story 2nd hand no less. I doubt he would have knowingly arrested an attorneys wife with absolutely nothing thus setting himself up for sure embarrassment in court. Most cop stories I am aware of where they are harrassing and busting chops end before the cop puts himself in jeaprody for things like false arrest, thus ruining his credibility against this attorney in court for life.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:14 AM

Sorry, you are wrong.

Nope, just called an attorney in wisconsin to check. He said you would be a fippin fool to refuse a breathalyzer if you were stone cold sober. If you knew you had zero to drink and you knew you would automatically lose your liscence for a year, or if you are in a state where the punishment is different, it doesn't matter, you would be stupid to not comply unless you were trying to make a political point, or thought you might fail.

Now, that being said, I believe in your example the cop knew exactly who he was pulling over and was probably being a dick and getting a little revenge. Said attorney probably makes a habit of getting dangerous drunk drivers off, and cops frown on that (fairly or not). I also know we are hearing one side of the story 2nd hand no less. I doubt he would have knowingly arrested an attorneys wife with absolutely nothing thus setting himself up for sure embarrassment in court. Most cop stories I am aware of where they are harrassing and busting chops end before the cop puts himself in jeaprody for things like false arrest, thus ruining his credibility against this attorney in court for life.

I didn't say breath..i was referring to field sobriety. I think we have our signals crossed. To refuse the breath..you auto lose your license.

What i was saying is this...if you are pulled over...roll down your window, give your name and minimal info and that is it. That is advice of atty. You can refuse field sobriety. You don't want to give the cops their case for them. Regardless of how much/little you have drank.

Read my post above....i certainly wouldn't advise refusing breath as you lose your license..but, what i'm saying is you don't wanna give them the reason to use it. You don't want to talk with them, you don't want to chat, etc. You take the stance of..name..and i want my atty. Shitty, that it comes to that, but with the way cops are with DUI in AZ..you have no choice.

Story: Not one side...it was in the paper. I have no relationship to any party.

And, yes..he was embarrased...as the case was dismissed. That is the point. Most people aren't going to fight it..they will accept what the cop says or they don't wanna pay an atty.

Take out the harassing part...let's say he didn't know who they were...it still adds up to she wasn't drinking and didn't do anything that warranted arrest. She wasn't drunk, she didn't refuse breath, etc.

Take a read about some other situations..and then you'll understand why atty's are advising what i'm saying:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-03-20/news/it-took-less-than-one-drink-to-get-shannon-wilcutt-busted-for-felony-dui/

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Discriminated: Yes. But, i'm not going to go into my personal life. If you want that..you'll have to at least take me to Sizzler. And, 3 or 4 singapore slings...then you can have your way with me.

Old hippies bring it on themselves. You should be discriminated against.

MadtownPacker
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Bump away. The two have nothing to do with each other. In that one, we have witnesses that don't corroborate the popo.

Discriminated: Yes. But, i'm not going to go into my personal life. If you want that..you'll have to at least take me to Sizzler. And, 3 or 4 singapore slings...then you can have your way with me.Same dude within a couple of months and that means nothing? A BIC lighter must have blown up in your face and blinded you when you where smoking rocks because I dont see how you can miss the obvious fact that benson is a piece of crap.

You will be lucky to even get a bottle Thunderbird. $2 skanks get $2 dranks.

MadtownPacker
06-10-2008, 11:26 AM
I think typhoon is correct. Refusing a sobriety test is OK because it is possible to fail one sober. But refusing a breath test is equal to pleading guilty in California.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Discriminated: Yes. But, i'm not going to go into my personal life. If you want that..you'll have to at least take me to Sizzler. And, 3 or 4 singapore slings...then you can have your way with me.Same dude within a couple of months and that means nothing? A BIC lighter must have blown up in your face and blinded you when you where smoking rocks because I dont see how you can miss the obvious fact that benson is a piece of crap.

You will be lucky to even get a bottle Thunderbird. $2 skanks get $2 dranks.

Hey, i said he has a stupidity issue. I won't go as far as calling him a piece of crap. C'mon, he is 25 or so...my god, at that age in wisco..non football players are drunk 5 nights a week.

It isn't like he was assaulting someone, doing illegal drugs, or even hammered outta his mind.

He is a young guy with money..and having a good time. He needs a reality check or so..but, nonestly, from what i've read..his alcohol consumption rates him as a lightweight.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 11:52 AM

That would be funny, if we all didn't know you were a racist prick.

What's the matter, some jon voight type fuck your old lady while you were in the Nam?

MadtownPacker
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM

That would be funny, if we all didn't know you were a racist prick.

What's the matter, some jon voight type fuck your old lady while you were in the Nam?Hahah. I have met Harv and he is trashy as they come. Kinda made me want be more racist to him then I usually am to whitey-devils. I am positive he has been discriminated against in his lifetime.

Guiness
06-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Off the the RR with this thread!

DUI works a little different here in Canuckland. There is no field sobriety test, they actually have field breathalyzers. Failing that test gets you taken downtown for a more accurate (blood?) test. Refusing to blow is an automatic conviction!

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Hahah. I have met Harv and he is trashy as they come. Kinda made me want be more racist to him then I usually am to whitey-devils. I am positive he has been discriminated against in his lifetime.

Listen here, Mexi-Cali... I do the discriminating. Elmer Bigguns said it was so.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 12:45 PM

LOL

I'll give you the benefit that you MEANT to refuse field tests, but what you said was..well, above.

That being said, I agree, don't do a field test, if you are sure you can pass a breathalyzer and they want to give you a field test tell them you'll consent to a breathalyzer. If you fail a field test and blow a .03 they can still arrest you. If you simply blow a .03 and they arrest you it will never hold in court.

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll give you the benefit that you MEANT to refuse field tests, but what you said was..well, above.

If I were you, I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. It's amazing how often Elmer is wrong.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 12:56 PM

If I were you, I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. It's amazing how often Elmer is wrong.

I try to be better than that. I could jump up and down screaming I was right but what would that really accomplish, the record speaks for itself and I don't want to belabor the point. He either put something in type that he read differently in his mind, or he is backpedalling, it doesn't matter to me, the point is we came to agreement on the point.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 05:51 PM

LOL

That being said, I agree, don't do a field test, if you are sure you can pass a breathalyzer and they want to give you a field test tell them you'll consent to a breathalyzer. If you fail a field test and blow a .03 they can still arrest you. If you simply blow a .03 and they arrest you it will never hold in court.

Yeah, i see where i missed the B in the A to B to C. Clearly i was saying if you refuse the b/bt..you get arrested. I left out sobriety when talking about atty.

I guess we are differing a bit. I say don't do the field sobriety...they can't arrest you. Make the burden be on them to prove you were drunk. Give them as little to work with as possible.

But, you are wrong on the arrest part. In AZ, if you read the articles..you can be arrested at any amount...if they determine you are impaired. That is the whole crux..and that is why you don't want to give them ammo.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Now harv, i know you have a chubby right now...but, give it a rest.

Clearly, and long before Bobble posted to my point..i said field sobriety and atty in my post to 007. Read, then choke on it..bitch.

I right way more often than i'm wrong..if we are talking facts. Please show me FACTUALLY WHERE I'M SO OFTEN WRONG.

If we are talking about your viewpoint..well, that is a matter of opinion.

bobblehead
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM

LOL

Yeah, i see where i missed the B in the A to B to C. Clearly i was saying if you refuse the b/bt..you get arrested. I left out sobriety when talking about atty.

I guess we are differing a bit. I say don't do the field sobriety...they can't arrest you. Make the burden be on them to prove you were drunk. Give them as little to work with as possible.

But, you are wrong on the arrest part. In AZ, if you read the articles..you can be arrested at any amount...if they determine you are impaired. That is the whole crux..and that is why you don't want to give them ammo.

I'm not wrong on the arrest part. I said if you never failed a field test and they arrest you it will never hold in court, I agree they still can arrest you, but as you say, their ammo to prove intoxication based solely on a .03 won't hold much water.

We are pretty much in agreement here. (Except I think Benson is an asshat who got what he deserved).

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM

LOL

I'm not wrong on the arrest part. I said if you never failed a field test and they arrest you it will never hold in court, I agree they still can arrest you, but as you say, their ammo to prove intoxication based solely on a .03 won't hold much water.

We are pretty much in agreement here. (Except I think Benson is an asshat who got what he deserved).

See, i think we disagree. The courts will still favor the cop and the low BAC..it is their word against yours. And, despite presumption of innocence...in DUI cases these days...you are guilty until proven innocent. And, we all know cops will "alter" the facts to suit the case....slurred speech, watery eyes, etc.

Furthermore..if you go to court...yikes. I know i wouldn't want to go without an atty..and that is going to cost around 3K. Great!!

Benson...i just think he is stupid. But, i don't distinguish him from most 25 year olds. Plenty of stupid 25 year olds..and it seems to multiply with more money.

motife
06-11-2008, 06:53 PM
BEARS DEFENSE WASN’T FOND OF CEDRIC BENSON
Posted by Josh Alper on June 11, 2008, 10:40 a.m.
Cedric Benson may be convinced that the police in Texas have him in their crosshairs but his problems with uniformed groups didn’t end when he crossed the state line.

According to Jay Glazer, Benson was not well-liked by his teammates on the Bears either. He went on Dan Patrick’s radio program yesterday, via MJD at Yahoo! Sports, and recounted a tale from the 2006 training camp. Thomas Jones and Lovie Smith were feuding and some Bears vets felt that Benson was getting handed the starting job prematurely, an idea they couldn’t get behind. “Hell, one year they tried to hurt him to make sure that Thomas Jones was going to be the starter. That’s how bad it was with that team,” Glazer told Patrick.

When Patrick asked if he got the information from a Bears player, Glazer responded “No, it wasn’t a Bears defensive player. It was about ten of them.”

oregonpackfan
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
BEARS DEFENSE WASN’T FOND OF CEDRIC BENSON
Posted by Josh Alper on June 11, 2008, 10:40 a.m.
Cedric Benson may be convinced that the police in Texas have him in their crosshairs but his problems with uniformed groups didn’t end when he crossed the state line.

According to Jay Glazer, Benson was not well-liked by his teammates on the Bears either. He went on Dan Patrick’s radio program yesterday, via MJD at Yahoo! Sports, and recounted a tale from the 2006 training camp. Thomas Jones and Lovie Smith were feuding and some Bears vets felt that Benson was getting handed the starting job prematurely, an idea they couldn’t get behind. “Hell, one year they tried to hurt him to make sure that Thomas Jones was going to be the starter. That’s how bad it was with that team,” Glazer told Patrick.

When Patrick asked if he got the information from a Bears player, Glazer responded “No, it wasn’t a Bears defensive player. It was about ten of them.”

I listened to that description live on ESPN radio as well. It was quite an interesting situation.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Honestly, is this the best they can find to go after Benson.

A highly paid rookie that is being "given" the job over a popular incumbent, and the vets aren't happy about it? Shocking.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Forte and Adrian Peterson Version 2.0 as your top 2 backs? Yuck

Rashaan Salaam, Curtis Enis, Cedric Benson
no, Forte and Kevin Jones....Yeah! :D

arcilite
09-08-2008, 10:13 AM
hey douchebag

stop bumping old threads

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
hey douchebag

stop bumping old threads
Stop making stupid threads and comments and I will have none to bump.
I only bump the ones in which to make people eat crow. If you dont like it then dont read them.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
hey douchebag

stop bumping old threads
better yet....you just bumped this thread when you responded..lol --- SUCKA!!!
:twisted:

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Bears win = fart in the wind

mission
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
The fuckin Bears win and this forum turns into BEARRATS with every retarded Bear thread coming back to the top and a "i told you so"

I was actually out watching the sunday night game and when the game appeared to be over, i thought to myself "some idiot bear fan is gonna be all over PR" .... my girl didnt quite get the comment. she was pretty upset about her colts, but i made her feel all better so no worries! :lol:

ZOMG THE BEARS WON WTF BBQ I CANT BELIEVE IT

how's that saying go?

act like you've been there (done that) before...

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Ahh, my ole friend Harvey.
Well its a new season and I will be ready to root against the Packers every chance I get-- Starting 2nite!

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Well its a new season and I will be ready to root against the Packers every chance I get-- Starting 2nite!

You'd have a lot more credibility if you showed up more than once every 2 months to bump a ton of Bear threads. Then when they lose and begin to suck you disappear again.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM

You'd have a lot more credibility if you showed up more than once every 2 months to bump a ton of Bear threads. Then when they lose and begin to suck you disappear again.
Aww man please. I am here throughout the Season. I just dont see as much fun sticking around anymore during the off season.
Check my post count and time. I am here during the ENTIRE "season". I am around even when they suck(which is not often in comparison to the Packers over the past several years) because I can still talk smack about the Packers. :twisted:

I am a Bear fan, so of course I will bump stupid Bear threads that Packer fans make to shove it down your throats...lol. Thats my Job as a irritating Bears fan :D

mission
09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Thats my Job as a irritating Bears fan :D

You are doing a helluva job man! All my equally shitty uncles would salute you from the bottom of their huge chicago beer bellies.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Thats my Job as a irritating Bears fan :D

You are doing a helluva job man! All my equally shitty uncles would salute you from the bottom of their huge chicago beer bellies.
I try my best :twisted: