PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver comments

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Donald Driver spoke to reporters today after practice and had some interesting things to say. He spoke of team chemistry and learning the new play terminology and having vets in the huddle blah, blah blah. He was asked about the first time he came out of the tunnel for his first scrimmage with 65K fans and said he still gets excited after seven years.

“I'm still amazed even when you don't have that winning season, they don't leave (the fans) and that's the thing that a lot of teams have. When they're losing a game most (fans) get up and leave. That's what I respect about our fans a lot. Regardless of whether we're losing or winning, they stay for the whole game. There's always a comeback time.”

As an older vet he says, “I always feel like I've got to increase, you know everyone says when you get older, you go down. It seems like when I get older, I go up. I'm gonna hope that continues.”

Driver has just received a large new contract but doesn't feel any extra pressure to perform because of it. “Money doesn't bother me.” says Driver, “I look at myself as the same guy. I haven't changed and I won't change. I just go out there and play football.”

(The last guy to say something like that got called uncoachable. :wink: )

BallHawk
06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
When they're losing a game most (fans) get up and leave. That's what I respect about our fans a lot. Regardless of whether we're losing or winning, they stay for the whole game. There's always a comeback time.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except for that MNF game against the Titans when we got our asses handed to us. I remember they had cameras outside of Lambeau and there was just a herd of dissapointed fans walking out.

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 10:19 PM
By the end of the Baltimore game, the only ones left were the Packer Fans.

I forgot to ask--when did Donald get inked?

woodbuck27
06-05-2006, 10:28 PM
When they're losing a game most (fans) get up and leave. That's what I respect about our fans a lot. Regardless of whether we're losing or winning, they stay for the whole game. There's always a comeback time.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except for that MNF game against the Titans when we got our asses handed to us. I remember they had cameras outside of Lambeau and there was just a herd of dissapointed fans walking out.

Did we do anything worth remembering in that game ? One of the very worst games I've ever seen the Pack play. Now , not just Favre but the TEAM.

That playoff loss we suffered to the Rams when Favre tossed something like 6 picks was a thing of REAL beauty. Another, one time 'the Seahawks visited Lambeau and Favre really got his head under the towel.

Did the Packers bring anyone in this off season to teach Brett a mantra?

GrnBay007
06-05-2006, 10:31 PM

I was at that game and I didn't leave early :razz:

Bretsky
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM

Rumor is that was because you were too drunk, fell down, and couldn't get up :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
06-05-2006, 10:37 PM

Rumor is that was because you were too drunk, fell down, and couldn't get up :mrgreen:

Very funny B!! ......that was much later in the night! :razz: