PDA

View Full Version : Bears send home Benson, later release troubled running back

Chubbyhubby
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3434053

Cedric Benson's time with the Chicago Bears is up.

The troubled running back, whose relationship with the team soured further because of his second arrest in little more than a month Saturday, was waived by the team on Monday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Before his release, Benson made one last ditch effort to repair the situation, issuing an apology on Monday afternoon.

"I apologize for making the poor decision to drink and drive during the early morning of Saturday, June 7th," he said in a statement. "Given the incident last month, it was a particularly bad decision. I have no excuse for this lack of judgment.

Though I strongly believe that I am not guilty of any crime, I realize that the public and the Bears organization hold me to higher standard. Though my local attorneys will continue to work hard to prove my innocence, I confess to using poor judgment. Please accept my deepest apology."

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
It's times like these that I miss Bearman.

Chubbyhubby
06-09-2008, 04:55 PM
The NFL might make a "Benson Rule" Players that do Childish acts.

oregonpackfan
06-09-2008, 10:41 PM
It's times like these that I miss Bearman.

Speaking of Bearman, where has he been? Not that I have been sleepless at night worrying about him.

Maybe he's been working on getting his GED. With just a little work on his spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, organization, sentence structure, and content, he just might be able to effectively post on this forum! :)

Scott Campbell
06-09-2008, 11:30 PM
At the end of the season, he said he was done until next season.

cpk1994
06-10-2008, 07:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3434053

Cedric Benson's time with the Chicago Bears is up.

The troubled running back, whose relationship with the team soured further because of his second arrest in little more than a month Saturday, was waived by the team on Monday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Before his release, Benson made one last ditch effort to repair the situation, issuing an apology on Monday afternoon.

"I apologize for making the poor decision to drink and drive during the early morning of Saturday, June 7th," he said in a statement. "Given the incident last month, it was a particularly bad decision. I have no excuse for this lack of judgment.

Though I strongly believe that I am not guilty of any crime, I realize that the public and the Bears organization hold me to higher standard. Though my local attorneys will continue to work hard to prove my innocence, I confess to using poor judgment. Please accept my deepest apology."He apoligizes for drinking and driving and then claims he didn't commit any crime? Uhh Cedric, do you know what a DUI is? HEs a bigger idiot than I thought.