PDA

View Full Version : just postin in

packers11
06-10-2008, 04:58 AM
Been in Greece for over a week... Just postin in, its pretty cool how I can post from half way around the world 8-) ... I'll be home back in RI soon... Man is this place a lot different then America...

hurleyfan
06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Vacation? Hope you enjoy..

It's probably cooler there than it is here in the states!

Scott Campbell
06-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Odd, but he looks exactly the same from here.

GrnBay007
06-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Been in Greece for over a week...

Are you going to post some pics?

I'd love to go to Greece one day.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 09:28 AM

I bet you love Greek!!

MadtownPacker
06-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Been in Greece for over a week... Just postin in, its pretty cool how I can post from half way around the world 8-) ... I'll be home back in RI soon... Man is this place a lot different then America...Are drugs legal? Any donkey shows? 8-)

LL2
06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Been in Greece for over a week... Just postin in, its pretty cool how I can post from half way around the world 8-) ... I'll be home back in RI soon... Man is this place a lot different then America...Are drugs legal? Any donkey shows? 8-)

Any solution from the Greeks on what to do with the gays?

Freak Out
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
High tourist season...well almost. Hot yet?

hoosier
06-10-2008, 02:07 PM

I bet you love Greek!!

Why did the Greek boy leave home?

Iron Mike
06-10-2008, 02:45 PM

I bet you love Greek!!

Why did the Greek boy leave home?

He couldn't leave his brother's behind. :roll:

Deputy Nutz
06-10-2008, 03:16 PM

Any solution from the Greeks on what to do with the gays?

The send them all to the Mykonos Islands.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
You know what is really funny? The fact that Greeks themselves aren't aware of the stereotype.

I have about 5-6 greek friends...all guys..31-37...all from Cypress...came to the u.s. to study and never left...which though has its own elections and such, is still greek.

So, they are all telling me about the "fun times" serving in the army...when i break the old, "how do you separate the men from the boys in the greek army joke"....to which all of them expressed befuddlement about man boy love/man and man love.

mraynrand
06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
You know what is really funny? The fact that Greeks themselves aren't aware of the stereotype.

I wasn't aware of the stereotype either. Perhaps I'm Greek.

MJZiggy
06-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Can it be any hotter than it is here?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM

I wasn't aware of the stereotype either. Perhaps I'm Greek.

Well, that or the fact that you are humorless.

http://www.fajaf.com/lokalt/PIEJB.html#greek

Characteristics of Greeks in jokes: Portrayed as sexually deviant (particularly regarding anal sex).

A widower was devoted to his only daughter and naturally was concerned when she decided not only to get married but to marry a Greek. Blushing furiously; he sat her down to discuss the facts of life, but she brushed him aside, telling him she knew all about those things and not to worry.
"Well, just one thing," the father implored. "If he asks you to turn over in bed, you don't have to."
The young couple got married and were extremely happy until about eight months had gone by. Embracing his wife in bed, the Greek said "Why don't you roll over, dearest?"
"Oh, no, you don't!" she said. "My father said if I don't want to, I don't have to."
"Whatsamatter," he said, "don't you wanna get pregnant?"

Three men, an Italian, a Jew, and a Greek, are crossing the road, when a bus runs them all over, killing them instantly. They appear before Saint Peter, who prepares to let them into Heaven.
The three plead and beg to be allowed to go back, as they're only young and haven't led full lives. Eventually Saint Peter relents and lets them go back to earth - on the one condition that they give up the one thing that each of them wants most of all in life, not even to attempt to attain it.
BANG!! They're back in the same street they came from, all a bit shocked by the experience.

Within a few minutes, they're passing by a pizza shop. The Italian can't help himself, he runs in, and just as he's about to take a bite of pizza, BANG!!, the Italian disappears - he's gone back to Heaven.
The other two are quite shocked by this, but then continue on walking. Just then, a dollar coin rolls across the footpath in front of the two men. The Jew can't help himself, he bends over, and just as he's about to pick up the coin, BANG!!, the Greek disappears.

hoosier
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM

I have about 5-6 greek friends...all guys..31-37...all from Cypress...came to the u.s. to study and never left...which though has its own elections and such, is still greek.

So, they are all telling me about the "fun times" serving in the army...when i break the old, "how do you separate the men from the boys in the greek army joke"....to which all of them expressed befuddlement about man boy love/man and man love.

I guess familiarity breeds...invisibility. As the great Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges once observed, there are no camels in the Koran.

Freak Out
06-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Can it be any hotter than it is here?

Here? Oh....thats right..you are "back east". Here it's still chilly but I hear it's been just a little warm back in Dogfish country.

MJZiggy
06-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Good thing the beer is refrigerated, but be careful, it was a nasty power outage last week.

Charles Woodson
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
well im back from my trip from Australia, new Zealand.

MadtownPacker
06-11-2008, 02:33 AM
well im back from my trip from Australia, new Zealand.Did you meet any greeks? :lol:

Tarlam!
06-11-2008, 05:11 AM

How was it?

Charles Woodson
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
well im back from my trip from Australia, new Zealand.Did you meet any greeks? :lol:
ha, well both my parents are so i guess so :lol:

Charles Woodson
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM

How was it?
really awesome, i really liked Sydney and Christchurch were probably my favorite, i was really jet lagged and couldn't get to sleep so i took some nyquill. bad idea, woke up and its 3pm

packers11
06-13-2008, 09:11 AM
IM BACKKK!!! It was gorgeous... Perfect weather and it was amazing to see a different culture...

I went to Sparti (in Sparta) for a couple of days, I have family there, then I made my way up to Athens and stayed in the outskirts of it (Glyfada)... I went into Athens most days when I was near and the place was amazing during the eurocup (when Greece was on)... I wish America had some sort of national sports pride, but obviously we don't...

To put it into perspective it was like everyone on the streets, and in the country was rooting for the team you love (for ex : the Green Bay Packers for me)... Unfortunately Greece lost the first match so everyone was pissed off, but still an amazing experience...

I will get pictures up... AND for all of you young single guys (i'm only 19), the European girls are amazingly good looking... I think ill go back there to find my future wife :lol:

LL2
06-13-2008, 11:38 AM
AND for all of you young single guys (i'm only 19), the European girls are amazingly good looking... I think ill go back there to find my future wife :lol:

Do they shave?

the_idle_threat
06-14-2008, 05:38 AM
^^^ Just their moustaches.