PDA

View Full Version : Is Rodgers Ready?

SMACKTALKIE
06-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Vinnie Iyer thinks he is. Here is a nice offseason article for all you pack fans.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=422253

KYPack
06-12-2008, 07:18 AM
That was a pretty comprhensive analysis of the situation of the new Rodgers era. Plus, Sporting News is pretty much my favorite national sports rag.

That said, that article sums up my problen with nationnal sports "experts". I'd think every regular poster to PackerRats could've written that same article, with some providing more in-depth stuff than Vinnie Iyer.

Packnut
06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
That was a pretty comprhensive analysis of the situation of the new Rodgers era. Plus, Sporting News is pretty much my favorite national sports rag.

That said, that article sums up my problen with nationnal sports "experts". I'd think every regular poster to PackerRats could've written that same article, with some providing more in=depth stuff than Vinnie Iyer.

It's only June and I'm already tired of the Favre/Rodgers articles. It's just a re-hash of the same stuff over and over and some of it is BS. Damn, the summer is going slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I was sick of Favre 3 years ago. The Rodgers talk is at least something somewhat new.

Packnut
06-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I was sick of Favre 3 years ago. The Rodgers talk is at least something somewhat new.

I would love to lock you in a room for 48 hours and make you watch film on Campbell, Hunter, Tagee (or what-ever the hell his name was), Wright and all the other clowns that have come though GB in the 20 something years before Favre.

Now THAT would be something you'd get sick over........................

Charles Woodson
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM

I would love to lock you in a room for 48 hours and make you watch film on Campbell, Hunter, Tagee (or what-ever the hell his name was), Wright and all the other clowns that have come though GB in the 20 something years before Favre.

What i think JH is trying to say is, he hasnt had the attention he craves, so he feels the need to say outrageous things

MadtownPacker
06-12-2008, 09:25 AM
What i think JH is trying to say is, he hasnt had the attention he craves, so he feels the need to say outrageous thingsJust wait until you get him talkin about women.

Unfortunately for all Packer backers, I get a feeling he is going to eat those words come 2008.

StPaulPackFan
06-12-2008, 09:36 AM

Amen to that! I still have flashbacks of the Anthony Dilwegs and Blair Kiels of the past.

#4 obviously has made many in Packer nation forget the black hole of Green Bay QB's from the 70's and 80's. If my memory serves me, only Dickey, Whitehurst and Majkowski had moments of greatness. But these were few and far between.

Zool
06-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Randy Wright FTW

KYPack
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM

I got a FWW too.

It was Jerry Tagge. It's pronounced "Taggy" and is the screen name of a helluva poster, who seems to come and go. The #1 pick from the fertile mind of Dan Devine (#11 overall).

Jerry was a hometown kid (played at GB West) who was a star in HS and college, but who really didn't have a chance to be an NFL QB.

Anyone who lived thru our QB black hole period has NO desire to relive it.

Charles Woodson
06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Just wait until you get him talkin about women.

Ha, lets not

cpk1994
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Here we go again, someone slights Favre and outcome the ptchforks. I agree with JH. I got sick of Favre and his drama queen act 3 years ago as well.

MadtownPacker
06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Here we go again, someone slights Favre and outcome the ptchforks. I agree with JH. I got sick of Favre and his drama queen act 3 years ago as well.I prefer switchblades myself.

I didnt like the retirement stuff either but I sure did like the TDs, dependabilities, and big plays. When ARod hooks it up like that I will love him but I aint blowing him for free like JustinHarrell does.

SMACKTALKIE
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
If it makes any of you feel any better I was sick of Favre in 1996. I really like "the magic man," and what ever happened to T.J. Rubley.

How could a fan get sick of the best QB possibly ever?!!

billy_oliver880
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Let the Rodgers Retirement threads begin!!! :lol:

Gunakor
06-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Here we go again, someone slights Favre and outcome the ptchforks. I agree with JH. I got sick of Favre and his drama queen act 3 years ago as well.

It was the media's drama act. It was the media who repeatedly nagged Favre with the same damn questions over and over again. It continues today even. In March, Favre said he was done and he didn't want to play and prepare for an NFL season anymore. Case closed... kind of. But the media had to ask him about 100 times "Are you sure?" Well, he pretty much said he was sure at his press conference. Apparently it wasn't good enough, because the media feels the need to keep nagging him on it. So his answer changed from "I'm done" to "I might be enticed to come back." So who's creating the drama here, the player who changed his story to appease the media who would not accept his first response, or the media who won't leave it alone until they get the answer they are looking for?

I personally have gotten sick of the MEDIA creating drama over the last 3 years, but certainly have not gotten sick of Favre.

Guiness
06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Let the Rodgers Retirement threads begin!!! :lol:

Been there, done that

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12329

Packnut
06-12-2008, 02:28 PM

One thing I've learned in life is that fools usually do agree with fools. Just an observation and no offense intended..........

Packnut
06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
What i think JH is trying to say is, he hasnt had the attention he craves, so he feels the need to say outrageous thingsJust wait until you get him talkin about women.

Unfortunately for all Packer backers, I get a feeling he is going to eat those words come 2008.

I sure hope your wrong my friend. If Rodgers had to play with the bottom of the barrel guys like Favre has had to endure, he'd fail big-time. The one saving grace is his WR'/TE's should be good enough to bail him out.

I can see A-Rod having some good success. I can also see the flip side. Time will tell. My advice- have plenty of booze on hand come game-time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cpk1994
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM

It was the media's drama act. It was the media who repeatedly nagged Favre with the same damn questions over and over again. It continues today even. In March, Favre said he was done and he didn't want to play and prepare for an NFL season anymore. Case closed... kind of. But the media had to ask him about 100 times "Are you sure?" Well, he pretty much said he was sure at his press conference. Apparently it wasn't good enough, because the media feels the need to keep nagging him on it. So his answer changed from "I'm done" to "I might be enticed to come back." So who's creating the drama here, the player who changed his story to appease the media who would not accept his first response, or the media who won't leave it alone until they get the answer they are looking for?

I personally have gotten sick of the MEDIA creating drama over the last 3 years, but certainly have not gotten sick of Favre.Favre has created the drama becuase he wouldn't or won't shut his pie hole and stop answering the questions entirely. He could have at anytime stated "When I retire I will let you know" and then respond to every retirement question with "Next question". He is an attention craving drama queen.

cpk1994
06-12-2008, 04:25 PM

One thing I've learned in life is that fools usually do agree with fools. Just an observation and no offense intended..........The truth hits you too close to home huh? Just an observation and no offense intended..............

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM

I was prepared to live with some things from Favre apparently some on here weren't. Silly how ungrateful and disrespectful some are. I am sure you were one of the few silly bastards that doubted him in 1996 coming out of rehab.

cpk1994
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM

I was prepared to live with some things from Favre apparently some on here weren't. Silly how ungrateful and disrespectful some are. I am sure you were one of the few silly bastards that doubted him in 1996 coming out of rehab.What a sanctimonious pile of garbage this is. Becuase I don't bow down to the Almighty Favre as sheep like you do, I am ungrateful and disrespectfull? I have right to criticize if I believe it. And for the record, while I enjoyed him as a football player, as a person I always thought he was a POS. The last 3 years with his drama queen act reinforced that belief. I'm sorry I don't chap my lips on his ass like everyone else does. I'm also sorry that some people can't take their almighty Favre being hated, but thats not my problem.

EDIT: And no, I wasn't one of the "silly bastards" as you put it.

bobblehead
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM

One thing I've learned in life is that fools usually do agree with fools. Just an observation and no offense intended..........

One thing I've noticed is those who think people are fools are often the fools themselves. I'm just saying............

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM

I was prepared to live with some things from Favre apparently some on here weren't. Silly how ungrateful and disrespectful some are. I am sure you were one of the few silly bastards that doubted him in 1996 coming out of rehab.What a sanctimonious pile of garbage this is. Becuase I don't bow down to the Almighty Favre as sheep like you do, I am ungrateful and disrespectfull? I have right to criticize if I believe it. And for the record, while I enjoyed him as a football player, as a person I always thought he was a POS. The last 3 years with his drama queen act reinforced that belief. I'm sorry I don't chap my lips on his ass like everyone else does. I'm also sorry that some people can't take their almighty Favre being hated, but thats not my problem.

Well go on a Bear's forum if you wanna hate on Favre, I just don't see the reasoning for it on a PACKER FORUM! I think you are a disrespectful piece of garbage, You're a hypocrite, he is good enough to win your team football games, but you go ahead and call him a piece of shit. Again go root for the Bears or Vikings.

StPaulPackFan
06-12-2008, 05:28 PM

Well go on a Bear's forum if you wanna hate on Favre, I just don't see the reasoning for it on a PACKER FORUM! I think you are a disrespectful piece of garbage, You're a hypocrite, he is good enough to win your team football games, but you go ahead and call him a piece of shit. Again go root for the Bears or Vikings.

I'm in total agreement with Nutz. I live in the Twin Cities and most of my friends over here are Vikings fans. Like most rival fans they dispise the Packers. But to a person they all respect Favre. Not one of them thinks he is a POS, as a player or person. Many of them were even disappointed that he retired because as football fans, they enjoyed watching him play.

cpk1994, I'm not sure why you think Favre is a POS. I don't understand it at all, especially from a Packer fan. You are certainly entitled to you opinion but IMO, Favre was one of the most honest and geniune people to ever grace a Packer uniform. And also an awesome player. I know I will miss him even though I hope Rodgers has a great career.

bobblehead
06-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Perhaps CPK owned a bar in GB during the mid 90's, that would certainly taint ones opinion of the man.

GrnBay007
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
[ And for the record, while I enjoyed him as a football player, as a person I always thought he was a POS.

I wrote 3 responses to this and deleted them. I just can't express how idiotic that statement is. That's as nice as I can be.

KYPack
06-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Take my pals Nutz and 00's responses and triple 'em for me.

Shut the fuck up cpk1994.

You seem pretty knowlegeable on some things, but you are a bleating fool on this thread.

It was an honor for me to see Brett's reign as Packer QB.

Time marches on, but I will miss 4's departure as our HOF QB.

As far as cpk1994, I pass on shrewd advice.

Wise Up.

Bretsky
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM

I personally have gotten sick of the MEDIA creating drama over the last 3 years, but certainly have not gotten sick of Favre.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 10:02 PM
McCarthy said Montana showed up for every OTA even into his late 30's. Gannon never missed an off season program. Favre just didn't care and I was happy to see him go because of it. It's fun to watch football players that want to be there (offseason, season, practice, games, all of it to get better)

MJZiggy
06-12-2008, 10:07 PM
What a sanctimonious pile of garbage this is. Becuase I don't bow down to the Almighty Favre as sheep like you do, I am ungrateful and disrespectfull? I have right to criticize if I believe it. And for the record, while I enjoyed him as a football player, as a person I always thought he was a POS. The last 3 years with his drama queen act reinforced that belief. I'm sorry I don't chap my lips on his ass like everyone else does. I'm also sorry that some people can't take their almighty Favre being hated, but thats not my problem.

The people on this site are supposed to be Packer fans. Favre was the face of the Packers for 17 years. I have not met one person no matter what team they're a fan of (including the soccer fans) who didn't at least respect him. You may wish he'd have shut up and not answered the questions, but the fact that he did answer them as honestly as he could (always) is part of what made him so beloved. To criticize him for this very fact is pure bullshit. I don't recall him EVER dumping on a reporter's question and refusing to answer it no matter the topic. He wasn't looking for the drama. He wasn't supplying the questions. He was just being who he is--honest. How the hell can you criticize a man for honesty??

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
And yeah, it's funny to see people get all bent out of shape because their poor little Brettney isn't adored by all. The funniest part is how they seem to pound their chest about it like it's some sort of honorary badge to bob on Favre's nob.

Don't ever wipe that stain off your lower lip nob bobbers. You might lose your place in heaven.

MJZiggy
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
McCarthy said Montana showed up for every OTA even into his late 30's. Gannon never missed an off season program. Favre just didn't care and I was happy to see him go because of it. It's fun to watch football players that want to be there (offseason, season, practice, games, all of it to get better)

We're talking about the same guy who worked all offseason with a personal trainer to specifically keep himself in playing form--and played through every injury he ever sustained, right? I'm sure he did that because he didn't care.

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 10:18 PM
We're talking about the same guy who worked all offseason with a personal trainer to specifically keep himself in playing form--and played through every injury he ever sustained, right? I'm sure he did that because he didn't care.

What commitment :lol: I work out every day because I don't want to get fat. I don't even get paid for it. Am I committed to the Packers too?

Bretsky
06-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Who cares what other players do; not every player attends the OTA's. Kudos to those who do; but reality is some do not. Should we go back and find examples of great players who regularly skipped them, or crap players who attended but did not perform ? I get a kick out of some of the offseason generalizations.

How would you know Favre didn't care ? He got himself into shape every year before the season. Maybe he just had enough and it's silly people want to throw darts at him after he leaves.

Maybe he didn't want to fully dedicate himself and unlike others he didn't want to collect a check for doing things half assed.

And if he did realize this we should celebrate him for realizing this instead of making cracks that he were happy to see him go. Maybe he would have been much better than AROD going about it half assed. Maybe he'd have been much worse.

But normally it's full go if Favre decides to return. So he probably made the right decision to hang up the cleats.

MJZiggy
06-12-2008, 10:22 PM

What commitment :lol: I work out every day because I don't want to get fat. I don't even get paid for it. Am I committed to the Packers too?

No, you idiot. You're committed to not getting fat. You think Favre was doing it for shits and giggles? You think he's working out that hard now? You think he sits around late every night now watching film for the hell of it?

Dumbest shit I ever heard.

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Let's just put it this way, I respect Javon Walker and Ahman Green's off season work ethic more than Favre's. I'd bet that just about every one of the 88 players on the current Packers roster want it more than Favre did at the end.

I don't want to take anything away from his career as a whole, but when he decided he didn't care to show up for all of the work, I really didn't care if he showed up at all. The (I'm bigger than the game that gave me all I have) act grew old.

MJZiggy
06-12-2008, 10:28 PM
And remind me again, in his last two seasons when he did any of that?

Bretsky
06-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Give me a break; I doubt you have much background knowledge about Javon Walker's offseason work regiment. He never stayed behind in Green Bay. He wasn't that well thought of as a teammate in Denver or at the end in Green Bay. Most of Denver thinks of him as being a self absorbed guy. I'm not even sure he is a good human being outside of the game.

After grossly overpaying Javon Walker, his own coach noted that he needs to shed some pounds. So obviously he could be doing better.

Gosh if you are going to make general statement at least use somebody like Driver so you can set a good basis for an argument.

RashanGary
06-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Lurker, you trying to think of something clever to say? Come on, bust it out little man :) :)

GrnBay007
06-12-2008, 10:36 PM
JH, is this your way of attention seeking....or just your time of the month to be a dick?

Charles Woodson
06-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Let's just put it this way, I respect Javon Walker and Ahman Green's off season work ethic more than Favre's. I'd bet that just about every one of the 88 players on the current Packers roster want it more than Favre did at the end.

I don't want to take anything away from his career as a whole, but when he decided he didn't care to show up for all of the work, I really didn't care if he showed up at all. The (I'm bigger than the game that gave me all I have) act grew old.

well shit i mean that work ethic of Javon Walker has really paid off lately now hasnt it?

Charles Woodson
06-12-2008, 10:37 PM
JH, is this your way of attention seeking....or just your time of the month to be a dick?
Its just that time of the month

Bossman641
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
My take - I appreciate what Favre did for the team. I have so many memories from his time. He's the greatest QB I've ever seen and I consider myself lucky to have seen him play. He meant everything to the team, the fans, the state. However, I was absolutely fed up with the past few offseasons. The constant will he or won't he, the leaks from Favre camp (whether true or not) on how Favre didn't feel loved, on how TT hadn't given him enough weapons, on Favre IMO crossing the line between player and GM. You can say, well the media created it, it woudn't have ever been a story except for how it was blown up, that's why we love Favre cause he speaks his mind. I say Favre could have done a better job of keeping his mouth shut.

Glad that I got to see him play for so long, glad that some day I will be able to tell my kids about Favre, thankful for everything he did, sad to see him go, and happy that he got to go out on a high note. I will miss Brett Favre, the player and the person. I will not miss the Brett Favre circus of the past few years.

bobblehead
06-13-2008, 12:59 AM
at the risk of incurring the wrath of the masses I'm backing JH. BF stopped being committed to offseason programs, reading defenses, studying and that sort of stuff in shrmans second year. Sherman let him think he was so damn good he didn't need all of that. When TT and MM came in and set him straight he didn't like it one bit, but as he capitulated he turned in by far his best season in years.

Did you guys forget the 29 pick campaign and watching MM light into him coming off the field after some of the bonehead plays? TT and MM basically told him look, either you are all in with this team or not....he chose not, but not until after they practically forced him to have his best season since holmgren. Even Lori Nickel said he always had an excuse for his interceptions in her recent chat.

Now all this isn't to say I wasn't pleased he HELPED reverse this franchise, I'll always love him for that, but the man admitted in his retirement speech that he didn't want to put the time in anymore, and now the organization was demanding he do so. I wish him well, I hope he is comfortable with his decision, but like JH, I wasn't sad to see it end.

Freak Out
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
My kingdom for a hand grenade.

Lurker64
06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Lurker, you trying to think of something clever to say? Come on, bust it out little man :) :)

I'm just glad you're no longer claiming that the guys on defense and special teams only played hard because they could look over to the sidelines and see Favre standing there. I don't really have a horse in this race.

Favre retires, I'm cheering for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.
Favre doesn't retire, I'm cheering for the Packers and Brett Favre.

SMACKTALKIE
06-13-2008, 01:49 AM
OMG!! I just put this topic out there for some good conversation. I did not expect you to start tearing each other apart. I can see all of your points from an objective non-packer fan view......but come on....Favre was great.....maybe a drama queen, but great.

I joined this site to discuss some football with a group of folks who won't always agree with me.......some REAL football conversation, and I feel that has been accopmlished. I guess I did not expect pack fans to be so divided on this topic.

But I've never had the oppourtunity to cheer on a man like Favre.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 05:34 AM
OMG!! I just put this topic out there for some good conversation. I did not expect you to start tearing each other apart. I can see all of your points from an objective non-packer fan view......but come on....Favre was great.....maybe a drama queen, but great.

I joined this site to discuss some football with a group of folks who won't always agree with me.......some REAL football conversation, and I feel that has been accopmlished. I guess I did not expect pack fans to be so divided on this topic.

But I've never had the oppourtunity to cheer on a man like Favre.

Well i would say 90% of us appreciate Favre, i sure as hell know i do. But your always going to have your own drama queens on the site.

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 07:14 AM

I think you're making the same mistake that the emotional Favre worshipers typically make. Nobody here complained about him not being a great player for most of his career. There was one complaint about the 29 pick year (not even a complaint by me, the guy who everyone's taking jabs at because I somehow hit a chord close to them).

There were complaints about his off season workout habbits.
There were complaints about his commitment to football.
There were people sick of his whole act when he should have been giving everything he had to the sport that gave him everything he has

There was nobody complaining about him being a bad player. As middle schooler and high schooler I'm happy I got to see Favre in his prime. The last three years, I'm sick of the whole act and was ready to see him go. I really don't think we're going to see much drop off. I believe the QB is overhyped on good teams and overscrutinized many times on bad teams. The Packers are on a good team. Rodgers will be overhyped the way Favre was last year and most of his career. If the team were bad, he'd be overscrtinized the way Favre was three years ago.

cpk1994
06-13-2008, 07:36 AM

I think you're making the same mistake that the emotional Favre worshipers typically make. Nobody here complained about him not being a great player for most of his career. There was one complaint about the 29 pick year (not even a complaint by me, the guy who everyone's taking jabs at because I somehow hit a chord close to them).

There were people sick of his whole act when he should have been giving everything he had to the sport that gave him everything he has

There was nobody complaining about him being a bad player. As middle schooler and high schooler I'm happy I got to see Favre in his prime. The last three years, I'm sick of the whole act and was ready to see him go. I really don't think we're going to see much drop off. I believe the QB is overhyped on good teams and overscrutinized many times on bad teams. The Packers are on a good team. Rodgers will be overhyped the way Favre was last year and most of his career. If the team were bad, he'd be overscrtinized the way Favre was three years ago.
:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Keep fighting the good foight, JH. It is amazing how people get their panties in a bunch becuause someone has the audacity to criticize the almighty one. Remember, the name of the team is the GREEN BAY PACKERS, not the Brett Favre Packers. There is not one member, past or present, of the GREEN BAY PACKERS, that is above criticism. I don't have to like every player simply becuase he put on the uniform. That attitude reeks of elitest BS.

privatepacker
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Trying to get back to the subject, I think that TT and MM wanted BF to be their QB but a fully dedicated BF. If they couldn't get Favre to be totally dedicated then they think that Rodgers is their guy. This is pure speculation on my part and you will probably never hear the whole story.
Favre should go down as one of the best ever. replacing him will leave a void for any QB. Rodgers is as ready as they can make him. We will see but I'm betting that he becomes the QB that wins a Super Bowl or two for the Pack. Just because of the strong team around him.
While I personally think BF is the best QB ever, my favorite QBs of all time are Joe Namath and Bert Jones. Both who had the talent and drive but never the health to make them legends.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 08:21 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? In the 80s they didn't have OTAs, sure they had mini camps and things, but only practices that last 3 or 4 days, not 15 in a row.

You are being an idiot, I usually don't mind your ridiculous rants, but you are out of line and totally wrong. "Glad to see him go". What are you retarded? You are glad to see the face of the franchise of the Green Bay Packers go. Do you even realize the implications of this statement financially on the Green Bay Packers?

actually you don't know shit, only that you make ridiculous statements to get reaction on a football forum. This is only another line fo dumb ass statements made by a fool. In other words you are a Troll looking for reaction with every dumbass post.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 08:25 AM

Seriously you are so full shit it hurts. You might be the only pile of garabage I have ever heard question Favre's commitment to the game of football. Seriously you are about as dumb as the fucking dog in your avatar.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Keep fighting the good foight, JH. It is amazing how people get their panties in a bunch becuause someone has the audacity to criticize the almighty one. Remember, the name of the team is the GREEN BAY PACKERS, not the Brett Favre Packers. There is not one member, past or present, of the GREEN BAY PACKERS, that is above criticism. I don't have to like every player simply becuase he put on the uniform. That attitude reeks of elitest BS.

Good that you to Donkeys agree, why don't you leave like some other asswipes did and start your own forum one strictly about bashing Favre and how much better this team will be without him. Fucking Donkey's/

Honestly, where do you come up with this bullshit? I guess I can just make shit up too, but honestly what fucking Green Bay Packer team have you been following for the last 17 years? Commitment? I could go into a rant about Favre's dedication to the game, but Ziggy pretty much did that and you glossed over it because retards like you don't understand being proved wrong.

KYPack
06-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Well, well.

Leave it to that wise old sage, yet crusty curmudgeon Nutz, to put everything in perspective.

BTW, Nutroll...

You were so pissed, you spelled "of" wrong. It's "of", not 'fo'.

Yeah, I know these anti-BF posts spring from some kind of weird angst and off-season boredom, but they are still SO lame.

cpk1994
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM

Good that you to Donkeys agree, why don't you leave like some other asswipes did and start your own forum one strictly about bashing Favre and how much better this team will be without him. Fucking Donkey's/

Honestly, where do you come up with this bullshit? I guess I can just make shit up too, but honestly what fucking Green Bay Packer team have you been following for the last 17 years? Commitment? I could go into a rant about Favre's dedication to the game, but Ziggy pretty much did that and you glossed over it because retards like you don't understand being proved wrong.Nice to see you showing a complete lack of class. Did we touch someones nerve? Typical Favre worhshiper in that the can't respect the fact that some Packer fans aren't in awe of Lord Favre, so they resort to childish name callinb. In that spirit, let me lower myseff to Mr. Nutz's level "OH MY GOD, SOME IS DISSING MY LORD AND SAVIOR, BRETT FAVRE! STOP YOU BIG MEANIE. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
WAIT A MINUTE, I BETTER GO HOME AND JERK OFF TO MY FAVRE POSTER AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK." [/quote]

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 09:15 AM

Honestly, where do you come up with this bullshit? I guess I can just make shit up too, but honestly what fucking Green Bay Packer team have you been following for the last 17 years? Commitment? I could go into a rant about Favre's dedication to the game, but Ziggy pretty much did that and you glossed over it because retards like you don't understand being proved wrong.Nice to see you showing a complete lack of class. Did we touch someones nerve? Typical Favre worhshiper in that the can't respect the fact that some Packer fans aren't in awe of Lord Favre, so they resort to childish name callinb. In that spirit, let me lower myseff to Mr. Nutz's level "OH MY GOD, SOME IS DISSING MY LORD AND SAVIOR, BRETT FAVRE! STOP YOU BIG MEANIE. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
WAIT A MINUTE, I BETTER GO HOME AND JERK OFF TO MY FAVRE POSTER AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK." [/quote]

Like I said I am sure there are some quality Bear and Viking forums for you to join. Troll

HarveyWallbangers
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM

Seriously you are so full shit it hurts. You might be the only pile of garabage I have ever heard question Favre's commitment to the game of football. Seriously you are about as dumb as the fucking dog in your avatar.

Agreed. Favre was in great shape for his age. Who cares when he started his offseason program and where he did it. Bottom line is that once he got here, he was ready to go. I won't question a veteran like Favre or Charles Woodson (guys that took "vacations" before starting their training at a location other than Green Bay). They know their bodies. They were in great shape and ready to play when they got back to Green Bay.

cpk1994
06-13-2008, 09:27 AM

WAIT A MINUTE, I BETTER GO HOME AND JERK OFF TO MY FAVRE POSTER AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK."

Like I said I am sure there are some quality Bear and Viking forums for you to join. Troll[/quote]Im just as much a packer fan as you are so cut the crybaby act. Ass.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 10:01 AM
You sir are no Packer fan, just a joke.

woodbuck27
06-13-2008, 10:13 AM

That said, that article sums up my problen with nationnal sports "experts". I'd think every regular poster to PackerRats could've written that same article, with some providing more in-depth stuff than Vinnie Iyer.

Yes an article to instill confidence KY.

As long as AR plays to ''confidence in the system'', and has a sense of when to leave ''the pocket'', he should be fine this season and build onto that next season.

We need to see some flow from him on a game - game basis. He used to get into trouble whenever he retreated deep and not find an out option. He just needs to use his legs smarter not going forward.

Hopefully he has some luck staying game ready.

How bout them Celtics! :)

cpk1994
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
You sir are no Packer fan, just a joke.Ahh yes. More name calling. I laugh in your general direction. You are so pathetic.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
You sir are no Packer fan, just a joke.Ahh yes. More name calling. I laugh in your general direction. You are so pathetic.

See usually I never bothered confronting the Favre Bashers. I clearly never wanted to arguing against their stupidity. You don't like the guy, fine, I can't stop you from spewing your filth about him. Again nothing you say carries any weight with me or the forum. Keep riding Harrell's coat tails, again you two donkeys deserve each other.

Partial
06-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Stop saying donkey, Nutz. You sound like a jackass. Did you watch Shrek or something today?

What I can say this is that I am very sick of Favre holding the organization hostage and wish he'd shut his yapper. He loves attention and its annoying.

bobblehead
06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Stop saying donkey, Nutz. You sound like a jackass. Did you watch Shrek or something today?

What I can say this is that I am very sick of Favre holding the organization hostage and wish he'd shut his yapper. He loves attention and its annoying.

he is probably a poker player, we love the term donkey, personally I also like Jack off, assclown, asshat, and cockhound.

Nutz, you are doing what a lot of people do, we hand favre a bunch of compliments, say he is one of the best ever, are glad he helped bring the organization back but point out his lack of commitment in some areas and all you read is....favre isn't committed to the packers. I think even BF would admit he isn't infaliable.

Personally, I had bashed favre for about 3-4 years, but after he showed a lot of dedication to cutting down the turnovers and buying into MM's philosophy I wanted him back for the first time in years.....but he admitted he didn't want to put in the time anymore and I respect him looking in the mirror and admitting that more than I respect anything he accomplished on the field. I wish him the best, but I am also ready to move on to the aaron rogers era.

mngolf19
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM

Nice avatar, Partial. :)

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 02:25 PM

And the king of the Donkeys puts his two cents in. Do me a favor Partial, turn off 1250am. How has Favre held this team hostage? How??? Ted Thompson hasn't made decisions based on Favre holding the team hostage. Not at all. Favre loves attention, priceless, did you come up with that all yourself?

MadtownPacker
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM

What I can say this is that I am very sick of Favre holding the organization hostage and wish he'd shut his yapper. He loves attention and its annoying.I had to double check the date of this post to verify if this was an old thread or Partial was just off his meds again.

How the hell is how holding the team hostage now? What has he been saying?

Bump this with your subwoofer on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVp1BE-DQY)

KYPack
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM

What I can say this is that I am very sick of Favre holding the organization hostage and wish he'd shut his yapper. He loves attention and its annoying.I had to double check the date of this post to verify if this was an old thread or Partial was just off his meds again.

How the hell is how holding the team hostage now? What has he been saying?

Bump this with your subwoofer on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVp1BE-DQY)

Took you awhile to post, man.

17 seasons and only one under .500.

Hope our next QB "holds the organization hostage and flaps his yapper" like that shit. I'll even take two SB's and win one. Yeah, that'd be cool.

Partial
06-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Funny, how when Favre comes out and says he'd love to play if A-Rod gets hurt everyone is in a tizzy. How quickly some forget.

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 05:38 PM

What the fuck are you talking about? In the 80s they didn't have OTAs, sure they had mini camps and things, but only practices that last 3 or 4 days, not 15 in a row.

You might want to take that up with McCarthy. McCArthy said Montana was around for all offseason activities. If they were called OTA's at the time or not is hardly relevant

You are being an idiot, I usually don't mind your ridiculous rants, but you are out of line and totally wrong. "Glad to see him go". What are you retarded? You are glad to see the face of the franchise of the Green Bay Packers go. Do you even realize the implications of this statement financially on the Green Bay Packers?

I partially care that the Packers will hurt financially, but ultimately I want to watch guys who want to play football and I enjoy the whole "work hard and achieve high things through commitment and teamwork". Favre just didn't send that vibe off to me. He seemed like a guy who didn't want to be there but wanted the paycheck and some of the glory on Sundays.

actually you don't know shit, only that you make ridiculous statements to get reaction on a football forum. This is only another line fo dumb ass statements made by a fool. In other words you are a Troll looking for reaction with every dumbass post.

It must be frustrating living life in your angry little mind.

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM
See usually I never bothered confronting the Favre Bashers. I clearly never wanted to arguing against their stupidity. You don't like the guy, fine, I can't stop you from spewing your filth about him. Again nothing you say carries any weight with me or the forum. Keep riding Harrell's coat tails, again you two donkeys deserve each other.

Nutz, just listen to youself. Really, you sound like a complete moron and it's not even offensive really because it's just so stupid. and nobody said anything all that offensive about Brett Favre. It's really not something to get all worked up about. I'm not. cpk doesnt' seem to be.

Bretsky
06-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Agreed. Favre was in great shape for his age. Who cares when he started his offseason program and where he did it. Bottom line is that once he got here, he was ready to go. I won't question a veteran like Favre or Charles Woodson (guys that took "vacations" before starting their training at a location other than Green Bay). They know their bodies. They were in great shape and ready to play when they got back to Green Bay.

:clap:

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Nutz, just listen to youself. Really, you sound like a complete moron and it's not even offensive really because it's just so stupid. and nobody said anything all that offensive about Brett Favre. It's really not something to get all worked up about. I'm not. cpk doesnt' seem to be.

Go start another thread about voting yourself out of Packerrats. How did that end up anyways?

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
You're really hurting me, Nutz. Deep. Do you feel better now?

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM

You might want to take that up with McCarthy. McCArthy said Montana was around for all offseason activities. If they were called OTA's at the time or not is hardly relevant

I partially care that the Packers will hurt financially, but ultimately I want to watch guys who want to play football and I enjoy the whole "work hard and achieve high things through commitment and teamwork". Favre just didn't send that vibe off to me. He seemed like a guy who didn't want to be there but wanted the paycheck and some of the glory on Sundays.

It must be frustrating living life in your angry little mind.

Thats hilarious really it is. Figure out how many off season responsibilities Montana actually had to go to. Again the number of mini camps, and OTAs in the NFL have gone up dramatically to keep year round media attention on the NFL. If you want to argue percentages fine, you most likely win, but I am sure Favre has attended just as many in his career. It shouldn't matter we were lucky to get what we did with Favre it was an honor to watch him play I assume people like you simply took him for granted, and when things didn't go right, you pointed the finger at the aging QB, you easily forgot about the times that he carried your beloved Packers, never missing a start, always there, Mr. Reliable, but I am sure he only gutted out every single start over the past 16 years for his own personal gratification. Go ahead and question his commitment and you will find one stat that will shut you up, 275 consecutive games started. Selfish players usually make that kind of commitment.

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
IMO that's Favre single greatest accomplishment. Him staying healthy in that physical sport is really just awe inspiring.

Shit, if we have to talk about Favre's whole career and bigggest accomplishments I'm right on board. When it comes to being sick of the Favre talk/drama the last couple years, I'm right on that boat too. You can have it both ways. Poeple are not perfect - none of them that I've met or been introduced to anyway. I don't make criticism because I think he's awfull. I make it because I think it's reality and just because I make one criticism doesn't mean I think everything Favre is bad. You can't relate to me being annoyed by Favre and I can't relate to you when you think a person is holy in all regards. This post reminded me of the negative and the postitive is so annoyingly repeated that I just sort of let everyone else gush about it. I'm not a big fan of the idol circle jerks.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
IMO that's Favre single greatest accomplishment. Him staying healthy in that physical sport is really just awe inspiring.

Shit, if we have to talk about Favre's whole career and bigggest accomplishments I'm right on board. When it comes to being sick of the Favre talk/drama the last couple years, I'm right on that boat too. You can have it both ways. Poeple are not perfect - none of them that I've met or been introduced to anyway. I don't make criticism because I think he's awfull. I make it because I think it's reality and just because I make one criticism doesn't mean I think everything Favre is bad. You can't relate to me being annoyed by Favre and I can't relate to you when you think a person is holy in all regards.

I am sorry lets make up, I just wanted to start some shit.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not a big fan of the idol circle jerks.

I wouldnt be so sure of that, seems like you and cpk have quite the circle going.

Partial
06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Harrell you're off your rocker. In any case, Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring. "Somethings bound to happen". That gets me.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring.
Unless im missing something but when was the last time he was hogging the spotlight?

Partial
06-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring.
Unless im missing something but when was the last time he was hogging the spotlight?

See Letterman. See Al Jones artical. See him dragging it out for months. Favre loves the spotlight. There isn't anyway to deny that.

woodbuck27
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Harrell you're off your rocker. In any case, Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring. "Somethings bound to happen". That gets me.

Like...like ... Ohh NO!

Favre wanting to lead OUR team again in 2008, after the "juices really get flowing''.

Ohh NO. Would Favre really...... go there?

Packer fan HELL?? :idea:

Packerarcher
06-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I wasn't going to respond to this thread untill I read all the Favre bashing. First off let me simply say to the Favre bashers you guys are FUCKING IDIOTS. How can you question a players commitment to the game when he has as many consecutive starts as Brett did. Just being reliable at the QB position even if the player is mediocre is HUGE. But unless you have had your head up your ass for the last 16 years you know Favre was not just mediocre he was great. Sure he had some bad years but look what he had to work with. Just think what things would have been like had someone given Brett a line and receivers like the Pats have done for Tom Brady. The same people bashing Favre are jumping on the AROD band wagon. I can't remember who posted it but the stupidest thing I read was something like Arod will do fine as the QB position is over rated. To whoever posted this,DUDE LAY OFF THE DITCH WEED it's obviously killing what few brain cells you have left. The transition from Brett Favre to Rodgers is not going to be smooth and easy. I doubt that hangnail Rodgers will last until game 5,I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. Big frickin deal he lifted some weights and got bigger. I have seen quite a few guys that were just ripped that were pussies. Toughness comes from within we KNOW Brett had it,I doubt Rodgers does.

FavreChild
06-13-2008, 07:53 PM
See Letterman.

After his retirement, Favre put himself in the national spotlight only once - the Letterman appearance. Unintentionally, he created national headlines with the comments about the only way he'd ever see himself coming back would be for the perfect cinderella ending if Rodgers got hurt going into the playoffs. And that was only after the media were repeatedly bombarding him with "would you come back if..." scenarios.

The media chases Favre, not the other way around. If he really craved attention, he'd have his own damn reality show by now - "Who Wants to Mow Brett Favre's Lawn?" or something like that.

woodbuck27
06-13-2008, 08:36 PM
This thread isn't entitled:

Is Brett Favre ready. HE always was,

bobblehead
06-13-2008, 09:43 PM

I disagree, he was always there putting in max effort on sunday, that is indisputable...ready, that can be debated.

GrnBay007
06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I disagree, he was always there putting in max effort on sunday, that is indisputable...ready, that can be debated.

Dang, you're right. He probably wasn't "ready" that Monday night in Dec. 2003 when he threw for 399 yards and 4 TD's after his father's death.

Wait....didn't someone in this thread question his commitment? :roll:

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 12:02 AM

Scratching my head... mmmm.

To be or not to be.... ready. He was there to make all those consecutive starts because he was or wasn't ready?

OK.

MadtownPacker
06-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Harrell you're off your rocker. In any case, Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring. "Somethings bound to happen". That gets me.Por favor, based on the attention starved threads you make from time to time I am willing to bet all my dank that if put in the same position you would not only be a "media whore", you would let the media repeatably gangbang you.

SMACKTALKIE
06-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Harrell you're off your rocker. In any case, Favre has been kind of a media whore since retiring. "Somethings bound to happen". That gets me.Por favor, based on the attention starved threads you make from time to time I am willing to bet all my dank that if put in the same position you would not only be a "media whore", you would let the media repeatably gangbang you.

Waaa Haaa Haaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaaaa

Dank is great....Twice as much is way better.

Partial
06-14-2008, 12:44 AM
See Letterman.

After his retirement, Favre put himself in the national spotlight only once - the Letterman appearance. Unintentionally, he created national headlines with the comments about the only way he'd ever see himself coming back would be for the perfect cinderella ending if Rodgers got hurt going into the playoffs. And that was only after the media were repeatedly bombarding him with "would you come back if..." scenarios.

The media chases Favre, not the other way around. If he really craved attention, he'd have his own damn reality show by now - "Who Wants to Mow Brett Favre's Lawn?" or something like that.

unintentionally? Do you think he is a dumbass without advisors? GMAFB. He has alluded to time and time again how he can still play, still wants to play, and that "Something is bound to happen come training camp".

Favre chases the media. He said he was going into exile for a year. So much for that.

Partial
06-14-2008, 12:45 AM

I'm not saying I wouldn't, but is that right? Has he helped the team or hurt them with his comments since retirement? Ask yourself that. That tellls you everything you need to know.

MadtownPacker
06-14-2008, 04:03 AM
I'm not saying I wouldn't, but is that right? Has he helped the team or hurt them with his comments since retirement? Ask yourself that. That tellls you everything you need to know.Unless Favre is planning on going all Tonya Harding on ARod's knee your argument holds no merit. Last I checked team practices still happened recently. Not a damn thing was shut down until #4 decided to come back right? Is TT fucking staying up late drinking whiskey, with a revolver next to him, stressing over it??? I think you need to go watch some violent porn to get your fix.

Rastak
06-14-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm not saying I wouldn't, but is that right? Has he helped the team or hurt them with his comments since retirement? Ask yourself that. That tellls you everything you need to know.Unless Favre is planning on going all Tonya Harding on ARod's knee your argument holds no merit. Last I checked team practices still happened recently. Not a damn thing was shut down until #4 decided to come back right? Is TT fucking staying up late drinking whiskey, with a revolver next to him, stressing over it??? I think you need to go watch some violent porn to get your fix.

Ha! Just don't let Jeff Gillooly in building.

FavreChild
06-14-2008, 07:07 AM
unintentionally? Do you think he is a dumbass without advisors? GMAFB. He has alluded to time and time again how he can still play, still wants to play, and that "Something is bound to happen come training camp".

Favre chases the media. He said he was going into exile for a year. So much for that.

Uh, dumbass - when he said "something is bound to happen," he meant that he was bound to feel something when the season starts. You know, like a normal human being. The media, which came to Mississippi to see him - so again, the media chases him - twisted his words to create a news story. That's their job. And suckers like you eat it up.

Favre has been "in exile" other than the Letterman appearance. But Favre is not an a-hole, so when the media chases him, he gives them a few words - within reason only. He's only really done interviews with his dear friend Mooch and with the local media (Biloxi).

I haven't seen Favre's face on TV or in the paper since Letterman. Meanwhile, I have seen pictures and interviews of A-Rod nearly every day. The transition has been made.

Once again, you are wrong. And I'm sure we're all shocked... :roll:

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 07:53 AM

Scratching my head... mmmm.

To be or not to be.... ready. He was there to make all those consecutive starts because he was or wasn't ready?

OK. So I went to bed puzzled over some sort of suitable response and this suddenly came to me:

Question: Was Brett Favre ready?

My answer: ..... YES

fr:

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/individual_records/favre_watch/

Among the most exciting players in pro football annals ever to line up at quarterback, Brett Favre stands as one of the game's most productive signal callers

Here's a look at where Brett Favre ranks among the all-time NFL greats.

NFL RECORDS

Career Passing Yards Total To Surpass Year To Date

1) Brett Favre 61,655 -- 4,155
2) Dan Marino 61,361 -- --
3) John Elway 51,475 -- --
4) Warren Moon 49,325 -- --
5) Fran Tarkenton 47,003 -- --

Career Passing Attempts

1) Brett Favre 8,758 -- 535
2) Dan Marino 8,358 -- --
3) John Elway 7,250 -- --
4) Warren Moon 6,823 -- --
5) Drew Bledsoe 6,717 -- --

Career Completions

1) Brett Favre 5,377 -- 356
2) Dan Marino 4,967 -- --
3) John Elway 4,123 -- --
4) Warren Moon 3,988 -- --
5) Drew Bledsoe 3,839 -- --

Career Touchdown Passes

1) Brett Favre 442 -- 28
2) Dan Marino 420 -- --
3) Fran Tarkenton 342 -- --
4) Peyton Manning 306 -- --
5) John Elway 300 -- --

Career Wins as a Starting QB

1) Brett Favre 160 -- 13
2) John Elway 148 -- --
3) Dan Marino 147 -- --
4) Fran Tarkenton 125 -- --
5) Johnny Unitas 119 -- --

Consecutive Games Started ( not including playoff's )
1) Jim Marshall 270 18 --
2) Brett Favre 253 -- 16
3) Mick Tingelhoff 240 -- --
4) Bruce Matthews 229 -- --
5) Jim Otto 210 -- --

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 08:28 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8070597b&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=gsi_y

Yes 'somethings' happening. On Sept. 08, 2008 there's a big thing going on in Green Bay and Brett Favre's official retirement celebration. Seems the media wants to be there... again.

Jeeee. Just like... 'the media'.

I'll bet even some of ''you hypocrites'' may shed tears.

I'm in shock at some members on this boards attitudes Re: Favre

Shame on you. :idea:

Patler
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Why is any negative Favre comment almost always responded to with name-calling and extreme personal attacks? We get down on that type of activity in most all other situations.

How about unemotional discussion of their viewpoints?

MJZiggy
06-14-2008, 08:38 AM
People just don't love Tory Humphrey with the same emotion as Favre. Yet I can see your point.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 08:56 AM
See Letterman.

How does this infom you?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807108db&template=with-video&confirm=true

Brett Favre is retired fr. active play in the NFL. He's still able to speak.

Patler
06-14-2008, 09:01 AM
For those who claim to "remember" the blackhole of quarterbacking in Green Bay in the 1970s and 1980s, I would only comment that the Packers had Lynn Dickey for 9 of those seasons, and Don Majkowski for 5. The problem with both was injuries, but I was satisfied with the potential of their play going into the seasons and with their play in the games they were available. Even Whitehurst filling in for Dickey was not completely awful. He wasn't a real asset, but also wasn't a detriment. If the #1 was available, quarterbacking in Green Bay wasn't too bad from the time Dickey showed up in the mid 1970s through Majkowski's years leading into Favre.

The seasons with the likes of some of those that you mentioned were relatively few, but extremely frustrating. :lol:

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Why is any negative Favre comment almost always responded to with name-calling and extreme personal attacks? We get down on that type of activity in most all other situations.

Because a lot of people are plainly and clearly ignorant Patler. Some will hardly achieve 'your standard'. We can aim for patience for some. That hardly works for the other's, so the courageous go to war. :)

Patler
06-14-2008, 09:08 AM
People just don't love Tory Humphrey with the same emotion as Favre. Yet I can see your point.

It's not just the Tory Humphreys of the team that we are civil about. We have discussed with reasonable civility the likes of Donald Driver (remember the "is a a #1 receiver" debates?), Aaron Kampman ("is he really pro-bowl caliber?"), Ahman Green, Nick Barnett, etc.. It really is ONLY about Favre that a great many on here will immediately move into attack mode when a negative comment is made.

Personally, I would like to be able to discuss some of the things that people saw as negative traits of his. Maybe in 5 or 10 years we can.

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2008, 09:08 AM
For those who claim to "remember" the blackhole of quarterbacking in Green Bay in the 1970s and 1980s, I would only comment that the Packers had Lynn Dickey for 9 of those seasons, and Don Majkowski for 5.

Majkowski didn't become the starting QB until 1989--although he did share duties with Randy Wright in 1988.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808af0cd&template=with-video&confirm=true

Posted: 06/05/2008

Rodgers' road to starting job will only make QB tougher

By Solomon Wilcots NFL Network

"I took the (road) less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." -- Robert Frost, from his poem "The Road Not Taken"

Like Frost, Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, for whom nothing has ever come easy, has taken a divergent path in his life.

Ignored by college scouts, Rodgers was not recruited during his two-year run as the starting quarterback at Pleasant Valley High School in Chico, Calif. Discovered only when a college recruiter from Cal attended a game to scout one of Rodgers' teammates, the overlooked quarterback scratched and clawed his way to a 17-5 record as the field general for the Golden Bears.

Expected to become a top-10 pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, Rodgers fell down the board. Landing softly as the 24th overall pick of the Green Bay Packers, Rodgers was destined to languish in the shadow of Brett Favre for three years as a backup to a Lambeau legend.

Aaron Rodgers, QB Green Bay Packers
Career Statistics Attempts: 59 Completions: 35 Yards: 329 TDs/INTs: 1/1

See LINK for the rest of this story.

Patler
06-14-2008, 09:20 AM
For those who claim to "remember" the blackhole of quarterbacking in Green Bay in the 1970s and 1980s, I would only comment that the Packers had Lynn Dickey for 9 of those seasons, and Don Majkowski for 5.

Majkowski didn't become the starting QB until 1989--although he did share duties with Randy Wright in 1988.

Majkowski took over in 1988, but not at the start of the season. I think most fans thought he should have been. They shared duties in 1987, with Majkowski starting 5 games. They went into 1988 with Wright as the starter, but Majkowski took over after 5 games and started the next 8. He would have finished out as starter, but was injured so Wright started a couple more until Majkowski came back.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey :) can we re-focus here?

"I know I'll always be compared to Brett, and will never live up to his records and historical achievements," said Rodgers, who plans to deflect the pressure of following Favre by placing most of the burden on his teammates. "I'm not the guy who has to make it all happen. We're deep at wide receiver, especially with the addition of our top pick, Jordy Nelson. Our running back (Ryan Grant) is a stud and we have great depth. I know my role, but the pieces are in place. It's going to be a team effort if we are going to have a successful season." Aaron Rodgers

GO Aaron GO !!!

cpk1994
06-14-2008, 09:34 AM
See Letterman.

The media chases Favre, not the other way around. If he really craved attention, he'd have his own damn reality show by now - "Who Wants to Mow Brett Favre's Lawn?" or something like that.The media keeps hounding him BECUASE HE KEEPS LETTING THEM. He needs to learn to quit answering questions entirely or respond with "I'm retired. Period." Favre hsa absloutely no clue how to properly deal with the press.

cpk1994
06-14-2008, 09:36 AM

How about unemotional discussion of their viewpoints?Becuase almost all Favre fans believe in the credo "Brett Favre is a god and no one sall criticize him". and get all butthurt when someone dares to differ with that.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 10:45 AM

How about unemotional discussion of their viewpoints?Becuase almost all Favre fans believe in the credo "Brett Favre is a god and no one sall criticize him". and get all butthurt when someone dares to differ with that.

What is ** your evidence to support your claim that any member is so foolhardy to even suggest Favre is GOD or a god?

Find ** it... or make an apology to the forum. A man backs himself up or learns less ignorance.

I'm pulling for you to grow.

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Woodbuck, I don't dispute any of favres great accomplishments. He was a great great QB, and I was happy I got to watch him lineup for my team. I was very happy he HELPED put GB back on the football map. I am completely aware of him being the #1 contributor to our long run of .500 or better seasons.

All that being said in your quoting his wonderful records you forgot his interception record...or should I say you failed to document it. For all his talents and skills, after Holmgren left, no one held him accountable to put in the time in the film room. No one held him accountable for showing up with tendinitis every year because he wasn't working an offseason throwing program. No one held him accountable to play within the offense. They all just got on his cock like you are until MM came along.

Most people who lived in GB in those early BF years can tell you he was often out partying on saturday night and drunk off his rocker. If he woud have been committed during the sherman years like MM made him commit we might have won 2 more superbowls.

He was an iron man, tough as nails, and I wish he were back for one more committed year, but he was not infaliable. He was human, and me pointing out his human flaws in no way is it a case of me dismissing what he did accomplish or disrespecting the man. But remember, he was just that, a man, no more worthy of adolation than any other.

Charles Barkley did a commercial once saying "I am not a role model." If you have children I hope you teach them to live a good clean life and always strive to do the right thing. Teaching them to idolize a dude who was gifted with a cannon for an arm and remarkeable endurance to pain isn't why we are on this earth.

Patler
06-14-2008, 11:04 AM

The problem is also that the name calling and personal attacks go both directions. A Favre criticism is met with a personal attack, which is responded to with another personal attack, and on and on.

cpk1994
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM

What is ** your evidence to support your claim that any member is so foolhardy to even suggest Favre is GOD or a god?

Find ** it... or make an apology to the forum. A man backs himself up or learns less ignorance.

I'm pulling for you to grow.Have you read any of this thread? I posted many times slamming Favre and Deputy Nutz threw a temper tantrum. You are either blind or on mind altering substances. My guess would be the latter becuase in this thread for the most part you have been posting to yourself.

cpk1994
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM

The problem is also that the name calling and personal attacks go both directions. A Favre criticism is met with a personal attack, which is responded to with another personal attack, and on and on.Touche. I should not have stooped to Nutz level even though he was pissing me off with his childish antics.

Chubbyhubby
06-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Amen to that! I still have flashbacks of the Anthony Dilwegs and Blair Kiels of the past.

#4 obviously has made many in Packer nation forget the black hole of Green Bay QB's from the 70's and 80's. If my memory serves me, only Dickey, Whitehurst and Majkowski had moments of greatness. But these were few and far between.

David Whitehurst, I was in my early teens and my father took us to Lambeau Field practice facilty. I got his autograph. That was my first sports figure autograph. It was cool!

RashanGary
06-14-2008, 01:05 PM
bobblehead, you are a kick ass poster. I hope you stick around.

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
then don't go starting no poll trying to vote me out like you did yourself....I might not make it :P

Charles Woodson
06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Favre has absloutely no clue how to properly deal with the press.

And this is coming from someone who has ever dealt with press? compared to someone whos been doing it for 16 years?

FavreChild
06-14-2008, 02:49 PM

And this is coming from someone who has ever dealt with press? compared to someone whos been doing it for 16 years?

Exactly. And the number-one rule of dealing with the press is to DEAL with them - meaning, when they come to you, you need to respond. That's what Favre does. He does not SEEK media attention. WE seek information about Favre (did y'all see that TV schedule for Favre's retirement ceremony??), and the press goes and gets it for us.

Favre isn't god. He's human; he has flaws. But he has always done what was expected of him as a Green Bay Packer, and that includes "dealing" with the media.

Partial
06-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Exactly. And the number-one rule of dealing with the press is to DEAL with them - meaning, when they come to you, you need to respond. That's what Favre does. He does not SEEK media attention. WE seek information about Favre (did y'all see that TV schedule for Favre's retirement ceremony??), and the press goes and gets it for us.

Source?

How do you know he doesn't seek it. Its just as big of an assumption that he doesn't as that he does. His actions lead me to believe he does.

Guiness
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Ah, F@#$ off you no mind senseless jerk

(I can't believe no one did that before me :D )

Rastak
06-14-2008, 04:28 PM
To me there are three ways of dealing with the press, two of them being not so good.

1) Refuse to talk

There are plenty of those guys

2) Grants interviews but is smart (or savey) enough to avoid certain lines of inquiry. Like, "your offensive line is struggling, what do you think?" or "Will you retire this year?"....last one shoud generate "Oh, I haven't really thought about it, next question".

3) Says everything that crosses his mind, even live.

Always strive to be 2.

MJZiggy
06-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Source?

How do you know he doesn't seek it. Its just as big of an assumption that he doesn't as that he does. His actions lead me to believe he does.

Because Favre commands enough attention that if he sought out attention, he'd be interviewed and plastered absolutely EVERYWHERE as the demand for his face and quotes is relatively insatiable. All he'd have to do is call a presser. Oh right, he hasn't called any. And no interviews besides those wiht his good friends. What a media whore! And if you look back at the interview Mooch did with him Super Bowl week, Mooch even asked him on camera if he would do interviews with him. Favre didn't ask Mariucci. If Favre wants media attention he will get a whole lot more ink than what we've seen.

Charles Woodson
06-14-2008, 04:48 PM

Source?

Really?
Besides the retirement press conference, most of them Favre doesnt call, most of them are reporters coming to favre. Your argument really holds no ground.

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2008, 04:59 PM
To me there are three ways of dealing with the press, two of them being not so good.

1) Refuse to talk

2) Grants interviews but is smart (or savey) enough to avoid certain lines of inquiry. Like, "your offensive line is struggling, what do you think?" or "Will you retire this year?"....last one shoud generate "Oh, I haven't really thought about it, next question".

Always strive to be 2.

I've never complained about a guy being honest. It's refreshing. I like guys like Favre, Barkley and Schilling. To me, it's better than robots like Tiger, Mike (love Mike, but he protected his image), and most NHL players. Only when somebody says something completely asinine should they be criticized. Some would say Schill falls into that category--although it seems like people that agree with Schill politically like him speaking his mind. Those that don't think he should shut his trap.

FavreChild
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Source?

Nothing personal, but unlike you, I speak from experience with media relations, having specifically studied and practiced it. For years, it was my job to "deal" with the media - and to teach and train others how to deal with the press. In fact, at one time I was considering moving into a career to train athletes on media relations. I think my perspective is pretty keen, thanks.

Rastak
06-14-2008, 05:03 PM

1) Refuse to talk

Always strive to be 2.

I've never complained about a guy being honest. It's refreshing. I like guys like Favre, Barkley and Schilling. To me, it's better than robots like Tiger, Mike (love Mike, but he protected his image), and most NHL players. Only when somebody says something completely asinine should they be criticized. Some would say Schill falls into that category--although it seems like people that agree with Schill politically like him speaking his mind. Those that don't think he should shut his trap.

I like #3 much more than #1, that's for sure.

GrnBay007
06-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Source?

Nothing personal, but unlike you, I speak from experience with media relations, having specifically studied and practiced it. For years, it was my job to "deal" with the media - and to teach and train others how to deal with the press. In fact, at one time I was considering moving into a career to train athletes on media relations. I think my perspective is pretty keen, thanks.

:tup:

Rastak
06-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Source?

So when asked a question that might cause a furor, how do you respond? The first thing that comes to mind? An immediate denial of whatever is being asked? Skirt the question?

What do they teach people at media relations school?

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Source?

Then you realized that most jocks are too dumb to take your good advice and you sought a career elsewhere?

arcilite
06-14-2008, 06:48 PM
who cares how they deal with the press?

its what happens on the field that matters.

Charles Woodson
06-14-2008, 07:06 PM
who cares how they deal with the press?

its what happens on the field that matters.

Apparently for some, thats not good enough

FavreChild
06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
So when asked a question that might cause a furor, how do you respond? The first thing that comes to mind? An immediate denial of whatever is being asked? Skirt the question?

Actually, there are a couple of different things you can do, if you really want to know.

First of all, most likely the question can be anticipated, and a prepared answer will be ready.

Second, if asked a critical question, you should make a simple denial - although do NOT repeat the negative charge. Example: A reporter asks, "Don't you think it will hurt the team if you hold out?" The player should answer simply, "No." The player should NOT say, "No, I don't think I'm hurting the team by holding out." See, that quote would go right in the paper or on TV, it will remind people of the bad thing going on, and it will piss people off.

Third, after a simple denial, you need to "bridge" to something positive. In the example above, the player should say something like, "No. The way I see it, our team can only grow stronger when each and every individual feels like they are deserved and appreciated." (Or some BS like that.) So, you see, the media can only quote what you say - so only say positive things.

People that are well trained in media relations know how to "bridge" out of any question. Which, in a roundabout sort of way, can be the equivalent of skirting the question - but not always.

Some examples of "bridges" that you commonly here might be the following:

"Look, the facts are...."

"I don't know, but let me tell you what I do know..."

"That's important, but the truly critical question is...."

"No, that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is..."

"Opinions can differ, but what I believe is..."

"The reality of the situation is..."

Sound familiar?

This is a key strategy, because you can always connect any question back to the message YOU want to get across. I can tell that TT has been trained, although he either isn't as good as some at pretending to be genuinely answering the question, or he doesn't care to appear that way.

Are you sorry you asked? :twisted:

Rastak
06-14-2008, 07:36 PM

Actually, there are a couple of different things you can do, if you really want to know.

First of all, most likely the question can be anticipated, and a prepared answer will be ready.

Second, if asked a critical question, you should make a simple denial - although do NOT repeat the negative charge. Example: A reporter asks, "Don't you think it will hurt the team if you hold out?" The player should answer simply, "No." The player should NOT say, "No, I don't think I'm hurting the team by holding out." See, that quote would go right in the paper or on TV, it will remind people of the bad thing going on, and it will piss people off.

Third, after a simple denial, you need to "bridge" to something positive. In the example above, the player should say something like, "No. The way I see it, our team can only grow stronger when each and every individual feels like they are deserved and appreciated." (Or some BS like that.) So, you see, the media can only quote what you say - so only say positive things.

People that are well trained in media relations know how to "bridge" out of any question. Which, in a roundabout sort of way, can be the equivalent of skirting the question - but not always.

Sound familiar?

This is a key strategy, because you can always connect any question back to the message YOU want to get across. I can tell that TT has been trained, although he either isn't as good as some at pretending to be genuinely answering the question, or he doesn't care to appear that way.

Not sorry at all. Thanks!

It was actually an honest question. It seems athletes screw this stuff up left and right. Take Chad Johnson as a good example. TO is another great example.

What you say does make sense, and is somewhat common sense (somewhat) it seems to me. Many athletes seem to have problems following these basic ideas. Tons of them actually.

FavreChild
06-14-2008, 07:42 PM
There definitely is a lot of common sense involved - but it does take a lot of practice to master. I mean, most people hate public speaking. Then you add the intimidation of a bunch of cameras and the idea that you are being recorded and quoted. Then throw in some nasty questions or a troublesome situation....most people cannot handle the pressure. That's why training and practice is very useful. It sounds simple enough, but in the heat of the moment, it usually doesn't work out. Of course, many athletes are arrogant and/or they just don't give a shit. So they just keep saying stupid stuff. Sometimes it's entertaining...as long as it's not a guy on your own team, of course. :wink:

Rastak
06-14-2008, 08:14 PM
There definitely is a lot of common sense involved - but it does take a lot of practice to master. I mean, most people hate public speaking. Then you add the intimidation of a bunch of cameras and the idea that you are being recorded and quoted. Then throw in some nasty questions or a troublesome situation....most people cannot handle the pressure. That's why training and practice is very useful. It sounds simple enough, but in the heat of the moment, it usually doesn't work out. Of course, many athletes are arrogant and/or they just don't give a shit. So they just keep saying stupid stuff. Sometimes it's entertaining...as long as it's not a guy on your own team, of course. :wink:

I have to admit my first reaction would be to say what I was thinking.

I think you are right about training and practice.....a wise move for the popular athlete.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 08:32 PM

I'm pulling for you to grow.Have you read any of this thread? I posted many times slamming Favre and Deputy Nutz threw a temper tantrum. You are either blind or on mind altering substances. My guess would be the latter becuase in this thread for the most part you have been posting to yourself.

I read this thread with embarassment the way people like you view Brett Favre cpk1994.

When will you grow up cpk1994?

What are you... about 20 - 24 year's of age?

If so you need lots of pain " all your's'' to even marginally get there cpk1994. Your attitude? Hows that working out?

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 08:42 PM

Sound familiar?

I'm not sorry I asked, but what I am sorry about is that I opened this thread again.....:)

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 08:56 PM

I read this thread with embarassment the way people like you view Brett Favre cpk1994.

If so you need lots of pain " all your's'' to even marginally get there cpk1994. Your attitude? Hows that working out?

No forget it your always right.

woodbuck27
06-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Woodbuck, I don't dispute any of favres great accomplishments. He was a great great QB, and I was happy I got to watch him lineup for my team. I was very happy he HELPED put GB back on the football map. I am completely aware of him being the #1 contributor to our long run of .500 or better seasons.

All that being said in your quoting his wonderful records you forgot his interception record...or should I say you failed to document it. For all his talents and skills, after Holmgren left, no one held him accountable to put in the time in the film room. No one held him accountable for showing up with tendinitis every year because he wasn't working an offseason throwing program. No one held him accountable to play within the offense. They all just got on his cock like you are until MM came along.

Most people who lived in GB in those early BF years can tell you he was often out partying on saturday night and drunk off his rocker. If he woud have been committed during the sherman years like MM made him commit we might have won 2 more superbowls.

He was an iron man, tough as nails, and I wish he were back for one more committed year, but he was not infaliable. He was human, and me pointing out his human flaws in no way is it a case of me dismissing what he did accomplish or disrespecting the man. But remember, he was just that, a man, no more worthy of adolation than any other.

Charles Barkley did a commercial once saying "I am not a role model." If you have children I hope you teach them to live a good clean life and always strive to do the right thing. Teaching them to idolize a dude who was gifted with a cannon for an arm and remarkeable endurance to pain isn't why we are on this earth.

I do see where your coming from bobblehead, but how many year's has it been since Favre cleaned up his act?

That man claims to not even enjoy a single beer.

His addiction ''in a public announcement'' with Mke Holmgren's full support was for a painkiller. Was it vicodin?

I'm a Chistian and don't place Brett Favre before GOD.That claim is merely hollow and shameless rhetoric.The stuff of the purely ignorant.

GrnBay007
06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not sorry I asked, but what I am sorry about is that I opened this thread again.....:)

:lol: it's gonna be a long one.

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 10:26 PM

I do see where your coming from bobblehead, but how many year's has it been since Favre cleaned up his act?

His addiction ''in a public announcement'' with Mke Holmgren's full support was for a painkiller. Was it vicodin?

I'm a Chistian and don't place Brett Favre before GOD.That claim is merely hollow and shameless rhetoric.The stuff of the purely ignorant.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you put him before God, but I guess it could read that way.

Again, I don't mean to dismiss his accomplishments, but I read the whole thing like this, there is validity to TT driving him out, but TT was not in the wrong.

BF did clean up the drug and alchohol no doubt, and he became a better man. Even after that he still never was "all football all the time" like an AJ Hawk. Through the sherman years he didn't have an offseason throwing program and kept getting tendinitis. He had a reason to miss minicamps nearly every year. During the season he didn't spend nearly the time in the film room that he did under Holmgren. Now granted his physical skills were so great that he was still near the top of the league most years.

Along came TT, a guy who stuck around the league on grit and effort alone. I agree with many that he doesn't necessarily have time for anyone who he doesn't think is 100% committed. He hires a guy he thinks can get BF back in line with his idea of an NFL player, and some head butting ensued that first year. You could read between the lines when MM was being diplomatic but basically saying "well, he threw 4 int's against the scout team today, I'm PISSED"

TT and MM stayed in lockstep demanding the time from BF that they put in themselves, and they made it very difficult for him not to comply. (did the same thing to woodsen incidentally). They stayed diplomatic in the press, but I would love to have seen and heard all that went on. In the end, BF capitulated and put in all the time and effort they demanded and the result was ONE play from the superbowl (and I am not blaming him for that by any means, that was a team loss).

During the offseason BF looked at it all and decided that if he couldn't get excused from OTA and minicamps anymore and if he was being held to a higher standard he just wasn't willing to put that in anymore, that is absolutely his right. As a matter of fact I applaud him for recognizing it and not trying to force the issue.

Believe me, the first time its 2nd and 4, and ARod gets sacked setting up 3rd and 12, I'm gonna be pissed and miss BF immensly. I'm under no illusion that Rodgers can step to that level this season if ever. I don't know if I'm glad MM and TT hardlined him or not. I was sure as hell glad last season, but this season I might wish they had cut him some slack.

For all my criticism of BF, I'll gladly admit he put more heart and soul into the game than anyone. I'll gladly admit that despite my post he put more time and effort into the offseason and filmroom than a lot of QB's. There are very few that I would take before him. But in the end I like TT and MM's aproach to it all, they want guys who live breath and sleep football, and there is no room for guys being half in on their team, and there sure as hell ain't room for no randy moss.

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 10:28 PM

Hey we need discussion, this is the offseason.

GrnBay007
06-14-2008, 10:30 PM

Hey we need discussion, this is the offseason.

This was started by a Vikings fan. Maybe he was sent here to break apart the bond Packer fans share!! 8-)

Deputy Nutz
06-14-2008, 10:34 PM

The problem is also that the name calling and personal attacks go both directions. A Favre criticism is met with a personal attack, which is responded to with another personal attack, and on and on.Touche. I should not have stooped to Nutz level even though he was pissing me off with his childish antics.

At least I don't spew lies.

GrnBay007
06-14-2008, 10:38 PM
At least I don't spew lies.

Round 6

I'm ready. :P

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I hope I'm not breaking bonds, I post my opinion and never feel animosity regardless the issue. I guess when some take a shot at me I might get bitchy for 1 post, but I usually refocus. I would hope no poster hold grudges over this.

Noodle
06-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Might as well jump in.

Favre is a complicated cat. That is, he's human.

He had huge pros -- like being one of the best QBs of all time and playing in over 270 games if you count play offs. We will likely never see a QB as tough, durable, strong or wily as Favre. Ever.

But for reasons that are hard to pinpoint, he struck me as not so much a team guy as a Favre guy, especially in the later years. That's not unusual in today's game, P. Manning comes off the same way, and it was certainly exacerbated by the increasing age difference between the team and Favre.

To me, Favre was in GB, but he was not of GB. For example, can anyone excuse the way Favre treated A-Rod when he got here? And though it appeared to get better, I've never gotten the sense that Favre took an active, interested role in grooming the heir apparent.

No, he didn't have to do that, but if you're going to deify him, shouldn't you expect him to do the classic NFL thing and help the younger player take your job (especially when you know there's no way in hell the younger guy will budge you until you say so).

If you want to worship a god, then I'd suggest Driver or even Reggie, two dudes who just ooze G&G and are/were team leaders not just by status but through active efforts to make teammates better.

Tarlam!
06-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I feel privileged to have seen him play. I slammed him a few times during his playing days, but now that he's retired, I will light a candle for his memory rather than criticize him.

And Noodle, was he brought along by Majik? Did anybody help Favre into the NFL saddle? I bet Michele, who lives in GB, would tell you Favre was every bit GB. I think your post is way off mark.

He spoilt us fans rotten. The negative things being said seem to forget HE EARNED the RIGHT to be ornery.

woodbuck27
06-15-2008, 09:58 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you put him before God, but I guess it could read that way.

Again, I don't mean to dismiss his accomplishments, but I read the whole thing like this, there is validity to TT driving him out, but TT was not in the wrong.

BF did clean up the drug and alchohol no doubt, and he became a better man. Even after that he still never was "all football all the time" like an AJ Hawk. Through the sherman years he didn't have an offseason throwing program and kept getting tendinitis. He had a reason to miss minicamps nearly every year. During the season he didn't spend nearly the time in the film room that he did under Holmgren. Now granted his physical skills were so great that he was still near the top of the league most years.

Along came TT, a guy who stuck around the league on grit and effort alone. I agree with many that he doesn't necessarily have time for anyone who he doesn't think is 100% committed. He hires a guy he thinks can get BF back in line with his idea of an NFL player, and some head butting ensued that first year. You could read between the lines when MM was being diplomatic but basically saying "well, he threw 4 int's against the scout team today, I'm PISSED"

TT and MM stayed in lockstep demanding the time from BF that they put in themselves, and they made it very difficult for him not to comply. (did the same thing to woodsen incidentally). They stayed diplomatic in the press, but I would love to have seen and heard all that went on. In the end, BF capitulated and put in all the time and effort they demanded and the result was ONE play from the superbowl (and I am not blaming him for that by any means, that was a team loss).

During the offseason BF looked at it all and decided that if he couldn't get excused from OTA and minicamps anymore and if he was being held to a higher standard he just wasn't willing to put that in anymore, that is absolutely his right. As a matter of fact I applaud him for recognizing it and not trying to force the issue.

Believe me, the first time its 2nd and 4, and ARod gets sacked setting up 3rd and 12, I'm gonna be pissed and miss BF immensly. I'm under no illusion that Rodgers can step to that level this season if ever. I don't know if I'm glad MM and TT hardlined him or not. I was sure as hell glad last season, but this season I might wish they had cut him some slack.

For all my criticism of BF, I'll gladly admit he put more heart and soul into the game than anyone. I'll gladly admit that despite my post he put more time and effort into the offseason and filmroom than a lot of QB's. There are very few that I would take before him. But in the end I like TT and MM's aproach to it all, they want guys who live breath and sleep football, and there is no room for guys being half in on their team, and there sure as hell ain't room for no randy moss.

Man I certinly appreciate your ''this is how I see it, this is why I see it'' approach. Straight up no sass here it is stuff that few people here even hint they understand.That doesn't mean they don't as there are some very bright bulbs on ur Packerrat " Holiday tree''.

It's always been too obvious to me that TT was hired and was issued instructions by his boss (Bob Harlan). As a prime objective to make or break Favre but ultimately break Brett Favre.

The Packer organization was fed up after the Vikings win in 2004 playoff's.Favre looked terrible in that loss. Time for him to go!!

Somehow Favre perseveer'd three more seasons; but TT finally served a major objective, and funniest thing. People here will remain adament ''in denial'' of that. They want to believe he's really just some lame personality, when the facts remain, that getting Favre out was very difficult.To do so took just such a man as Ted Thompson is. Ultimately I predict such a man must fail.

It's about karma.

He was hired to do a job... yes.He did it because he certainly did little again this off season to attract Favre to 2008. Favre is looking at it all, and very well could get the juices flowing. Hahahaa. :) He is very competitive, but he's not stupid nor poor.

Ohhhhh " THE LITTLE DEVIL '' in me would love to see that, but it's been too hard on Favre and his loyal fans. It's sucked, the way the organization allowed it to go down.

but YES!!!! THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. Get out 'the wax'.

woodbuck27
06-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Might as well jump in.

Favre is a complicated cat. That is, he's human.

He had huge pros -- like being one of the best QBs of all time and playing in over 270 games if you count play offs. We will likely never see a QB as tough, durable, strong or wily as Favre. Ever.

But for reasons that are hard to pinpoint, he struck me as not so much a team guy as a Favre guy, especially in the later years. That's not unusual in today's game, P. Manning comes off the same way, and it was certainly exacerbated by the increasing age difference between the team and Favre.

To me, Favre was in GB, but he was not of GB. For example, can anyone excuse the way Favre treated A-Rod when he got here? And though it appeared to get better, I've never gotten the sense that Favre took an active, interested role in grooming the heir apparent.

No, he didn't have to do that, but if you're going to deify him, shouldn't you expect him to do the classic NFL thing and help the younger player take your job (especially when you know there's no way in hell the younger guy will budge you until you say so).

If you want to worship a god, then I'd suggest Driver or even Reggie, two dudes who just ooze G&G and are/were team leaders not just by status but through active efforts to make teammates better.

Donald 'G&G' Driver !!

cpk1994
06-15-2008, 11:28 AM

At least I don't spew lies.You have me mistaken for someone else probably JH). All I said is I didn't like his drama queen act and that he was a POS. That is an opinion. Therefore it is not a lie. Now you are the one who is lying and misrepresenting what I have posted. I gave my opinion and you have acted like a complete dick. You have proven my point over and over again that anytime someone gieves a negative on Favre, out come the personal attacks and namecalling. Thats all you have done. And you weren't the only one. At least the rest called my BS and let it stand at that. I can respect that tehey dont feel the way I do. Im sorry you can't handle it. You have serious issues to work out and this 4 year old crybaby shit from you is getting quite tired. Just grow up. Not everyone who is a Packer fan fellates Favre like you do.

cpk1994
06-15-2008, 11:33 AM

If so you need lots of pain " all your's'' to even marginally get there cpk1994. Your attitude? Hows that working out?Were you even coherent when you posted this? That is a serious question becuase I have no idea what you are saying. What I can make out proves my point. Negative about Favre, Farve worshipers attack. You wanted your eveidence, you just created your own.

GBRulz
06-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh Noodle. I'm sorry, but you are WAY WAY off your rocker on this one. Now, I don't blame you in some of your thinking because you only know what the media feeds you. I would just like to share some local insight.

The relationship with Brett and Aaron is fine. Have I ever hung out with Brett discussing this? No, but I have hung out with Aaron several times. He will be the first to admit that no, they aren't best friends by any means, but he's always had a very good working relationship with Brett. Brett wouldn't recommend his "techniques" to anyone, so it's best for Aaron to just sit back and observe. He gets that. and as far as Brett distancing himself from the younger players in the past 3-4 years because of age is not true. It has more to do with him having to sever more emotional ties. He knew his time was coming and by not getting involved as much with the new players makes it easier for him to walk away. I hate the media for the way they have twisted this story around so bad.

Brett was every part GB. You have no idea what he and his wife were to this community. To say Brett wasn't GB is just, well, wrong.

And to say that Reggie and DD bleed G&G? yes, 100% right on about Driver. But Reggie? Reggie used the Packers to HIS personal gain. I won't go on and on, but again there are things that you don't hear in the media so that you can make a fair and balanced decision.

IMO, the Packer who bleeds g&g more than anyone is Gilbert Brown.

RashanGary
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Johnny Grey is a great guy and a great Packer.

bobblehead
06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Man I certinly appreciate your ''this is how I see it, this is why I see it'' approach. Straight up no sass here it is stuff that few people here even hint they understand.That doesn't mean they don't as there are some very bright bulbs on ur Packerrat " Holiday tree''.

It's always been too obvious to me that TT was hired and was issued instructions by his boss (Bob Harlan). As a prime objective to make or break Favre but ultimately break Brett Favre.

The Packer organization was fed up after the Vikings win in 2004 playoff's.Favre looked terrible in that loss. Time for him to go!!

Somehow Favre persevered three more seasons; but TT finally served a major objective, and funniest thing. People here will remain adament ''in denial'' of that. They want to believe he's really just some lame personality, when the facts remain, that getting Favre out was very difficult.To do so took just such a man as Ted Thompson is. Ultimately I predct such a man must fail.

It's about karma.

He was hired to do a job... yes..He did it because he certainly did little again this off season to attract Favre to 2008. Favre is looking at it all, and very well could get the juices flowing. Hahahaa. :) He is very competitive, butt he's not stupid nor poor.

Ohhhhh " THE LITTLE DEVIL '' in me would love to see that, but it's been too hard on Favre and his loyal fans. It's sucked, the way the organization allowed it to go down.

but YES!!!! THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. Get out ''the wax''.

I'm not so sure TT was to get rid of favre as much as reign him in, if the result was favre going then so be it, Harlan was sure of one thing, sherman had lost control of the entire team and especially BF. I actually think TT would rather have favre around....but on TT's terms, not favres.

Harlan brought in TT to regain control, rebuild the roster (most of it anyway) and rebuild the character of the team. I think TT really knows how to build a team, I applaud everything he has done to be honest, even drafting brohm this year. TT is no stooge, he knows it takes a QB to have a great team and losing favre and just hoping ARod is good enough wasn't smart, so what does he do, he starts right away on the backup plan.

He also doesn't waste money on has been FA's looking for a payday. He simply stays young, stays cheap, keeps competition high, and pays those he sees as worthy, he also doesn't have an ego about "his guys" as he paid kampman, jenkins, and barnett who were all sherman guys. I think he will sign Grant too, if grant is being reasonable.

here's to hoping Arod is up to the task, and favre enjoying his time now, they both deserve it.

KYPack
06-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Johnny Grey is a great guy and a great Packer.

It's poor form to criticize typos, but it's "Johnnie Gray", not 'Johnny Grey' .

You're right about one thing.

Great guy and one tough ballplayer.

A Packer all the way.

Stevogbfan
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
wow, you guys and gals only got a little off the question...

yes i think rodgers is ready, he's been here with brett and has been in mm's qb school for 3 years now,
i also think the packers have built a good team around him so they don't have to get everything from the qb.

i for one can't wait to see this year start, for the first time in 16 years something in gb will be really different
(not to say it was bad before) and it should be really fun to watch

RashanGary
06-16-2008, 07:40 AM
wow, you guys and gals only got a little off the question...

yes i think rodgers is ready, he's been here with brett and has been in mm's qb school for 3 years now,
i also think the packers have built a good team around him so they don't have to get everything from the qb.

i for one can't wait to see this year start, for the first time in 16 years something in gb will be really different
(not to say it was bad before) and it should be really fun to watch

This is pretty much where I stand on it too. Who knows what will happen with Rodgers. Maybe we have to wait till next year when Brohm is ready to get the true heir. Maybe it's the guy after Brohm. Who knows, but it is compelling and should be a lot of fun either way.

Deputy Nutz
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM

At least I don't spew lies.You have me mistaken for someone else probably JH). All I said is I didn't like his drama queen act and that he was a POS. That is an opinion. Therefore it is not a lie. Now you are the one who is lying and misrepresenting what I have posted. I gave my opinion and you have acted like a complete dick. You have proven my point over and over again that anytime someone gieves a negative on Favre, out come the personal attacks and namecalling. Thats all you have done. And you weren't the only one. At least the rest called my BS and let it stand at that. I can respect that tehey dont feel the way I do. Im sorry you can't handle it. You have serious issues to work out and this 4 year old crybaby shit from you is getting quite tired. Just grow up. Not everyone who is a Packer fan fellates Favre like you do.

Do you want some cheese with your whine?

cpk1994
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Do you want some cheese with your whine?The only one whining and acting like a 4 year old is you. But keep your drivel coming. I can always use a great laugh.

woodbuck27
06-16-2008, 07:34 PM

The Packer organization was fed up after the Vikings win in 2004 playoff's. Favre looked terrible in that loss. Time for him to go!!

Somehow Favre perseveer'd three more seasons; but TT finally served a major objective, and funniest thing. People here will remain adament ''in denial'' of that. They want to believe he's really just some lame personality, when the facts remain, that getting Favre out was very difficult. To do so took just such a man as Ted Thompson is. Ultimately I predct such a man must fail.

It's about karma.

He was hired to do a job... yes. He did it because he certainly did little again this off season to attract Favre to 2008. Favre is looking at it all, and very well could get the juices flowing. Hahahaa. :) He's very competitive, but he's not stupid nor poor.

but YES!!!! THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. Get out 'the wax'.

I'm not so sure TT was to get rid of favre as much as reign him in, if the result was favre going then so be it, Harlan was sure of one thing, sherman had lost control of the entire team and especially BF. I actually think TT would rather have favre around....but on TT's terms, not favres.

** woodbuck27... Your close to agreeing. :)

Harlan brought in TT to regain control, rebuild the roster (most of it anyway) and rebuild the character of the team. I think TT really knows how to build a team, I applaud everything he has done to be honest, even drafting brohm this year. TT is no stooge, he knows it takes a QB to have a great team and losing favre and just hoping ARod is good enough wasn't smart, so what does he do, he starts right away on the backup plan.

** woodbuck27... Yes.

He also doesn't waste money on has been FA's looking for a payday. He simply stays young, stays cheap, keeps competition high, and pays those he sees as worthy, he also doesn't have an ego about "his guys" as he paid kampman, jenkins, and barnett who were all sherman guys. I think he will sign Grant too, if grant is being reasonable.

** woodbuck27... Yes

here's to hoping Arod is up to the task, and favre enjoying his time now, they both deserve it.

** and... Yes :)

woodbuck27
06-16-2008, 07:37 PM

Do you want some cheese with your whine?The only one whining and acting like a 4 year old is you. But keep your drivel coming. I can always use a great laugh.

Your 'such a fine' fellow'. :idea:

woodbuck27
06-16-2008, 07:51 PM

If so you need lots of pain " all your's'' to even marginally get there cpk1994. Your attitude? Hows that working out?Were you even coherent when you posted this? That is a serious question becuase I have no idea what you are saying. What I can make out proves my point. Negative about Favre, Favre worshipers attack. You wanted your eveidence, you just created your own.

You don't even marginally demonstrate the proper character to understand the quality of ' loyality '... cpk1994. You do demonstrate the qualitys that wiser people see in 'a punk'.

but... that can't be really...YOU?

Smarten up please. Your not 8-) .

Deputy Nutz
06-16-2008, 08:48 PM

You are an asshole simply because Woody and I are on the same side. You sir are a punk.

cpk1994
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM

You are an asshole simply because Woody and I are on the same side. You sir are a punk.Umm, I don't no what to say other than:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Folks, let this be a public service announcement to the board.

NBC's "The More You Know...."

"Speaking negatively about Brett Favre creates a disease. This disease manifests itself in the form of rants filled with 4 letter words and namecalling like Donkey, troll, asshole, punk, fool, moron and silly bastard, to name a few. This disease usually affects incoherent drunks and 4 year oid children. To keep from being afflicted from this disease while still being allowed to speak your mind, stay above their idoicy or simply mock it. Only then will the diseased have a chance to get over themselves."

"The More You Know....." da dun da duuuuun.

Charles Woodson
06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Umm, I don't no what to say other than:

"Speaking negatively about Brett Favre creates a disease. This disease manifests itself in the form of rants filled with 4 letter words and namecalling like Donkey, troll, asshole, punk, fool, moron and silly bastard, to name a few. This disease usually affects incoherent drunks and 4 year oid children. To keep from being afflicted from this disease while still being allowed to speak your mind, stay above their idoicy or simply mock it. Only then will the diseased have a chance to get over themselves."

I would like to nominate this post as the saddest attempt at in insult...

cpk1994
06-17-2008, 01:27 PM

I would like to nominate this post as the saddest attempt at in insult...That wasn't an attempt at an insult.

Charles Woodson
06-17-2008, 01:32 PM

I would like to nominate this post as the saddest attempt at in insult...That wasn't an attempt at an insult.

Than that was just sad...

cpk1994
06-17-2008, 01:42 PM

Than that was just sad...No it is actually a summation of every Woodbuck and Nutz post in this thread. The sad attempts at insults are coming from them.

Charles Woodson
06-17-2008, 01:58 PM

Than that was just sad...No it is actually a summation of every Woodbuck and Nutz post in this thread. The sad attempts at insults are coming from them.

Speak for yourself

cpk1994
06-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Speak for yourself

I don't need to speak for myself because I actually shared my opinion about Favre by simply agreeing with JH. All they have added is namecalling.

Let me put this in more simpler terms for you. This was my first post in this thread:

Now, go back and read every post from Nutz and Woody(Your "Jibberish to English" translator for Woody's posts BTW). Are they not proving the point of that post with their continued tirades and namecalling? I am simply trying to show them I am not taking them seriously and having a good laugh at their expense, but they continue to let their panties stay bunched
up and can't let it go. Wgen I saw this thread get 3/4 of the way down the page I thought they finally were going to act like adults and let it die. Couple of hours later, it was back at the top becuase they once again resumed acting like children. I really thought they were adults. I guess I was wrong.

Noodle
06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
GBRulz, great post in response to mine.

You are dead right about the media being the sole basis for my impressions, and having seen a number of times how bad the media can completely distort things, I should know better. You were very civil in pointing out the flaws in my post, probably more than I deserved.

And we can both agree violently about Driver and The Gravedigger bleeding G&G.

Oh, as to A-Rod -- yeah, I think he's perfect for this offense and coaching staff. He's going to get it done.

bobblehead
06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh Noodle. I'm sorry, but you are WAY WAY off your rocker on this one. Now, I don't blame you in some of your thinking because you only know what the media feeds you. I would just like to share some local insight.

The relationship with Brett and Aaron is fine. Have I ever hung out with Brett discussing this? No, but I have hung out with Aaron several times. He will be the first to admit that no, they aren't best friends by any means, but he's always had a very good working relationship with Brett. Brett wouldn't recommend his "techniques" to anyone, so it's best for Aaron to just sit back and observe. He gets that. and as far as Brett distancing himself from the younger players in the past 3-4 years because of age is not true. It has more to do with him having to sever more emotional ties. He knew his time was coming and by not getting involved as much with the new players makes it easier for him to walk away. I hate the media for the way they have twisted this story around so bad.

Brett was every part GB. You have no idea what he and his wife were to this community. To say Brett wasn't GB is just, well, wrong.

And to say that Reggie and DD bleed G&G? yes, 100% right on about Driver. But Reggie? Reggie used the Packers to HIS personal gain. I won't go on and on, but again there are things that you don't hear in the media so that you can make a fair and balanced decision.

IMO, the Packer who bleeds g&g more than anyone is Gilbert Brown.

How dare you question Reggie, it was merely a coincidence that GOD HIMSELF told reggie to sign with the team that offered him the most money.

The Leaper
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
How dare you question Reggie, it was merely a coincidence that GOD HIMSELF told reggie to sign with the team that offered him the most money.

Of course God told him that...God ain't no dummy. :D

the_idle_threat
06-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Don't forget douchebag. Because you're definitely a douchebag. :idea:

Charles Woodson
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Don't forget douchebag. Because you're definitely a douchebag. :idea:

:lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
06-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Speak for yourself

I don't need to speak for myself because I actually shared my opinion about Favre by simply agreeing with JH. All they have added is namecalling.

Let me put this in more simpler terms for you. This was my first post in this thread:

Now, go back and read every post from Nutz and Woody(Your "Jibberish to English" translator for Woody's posts BTW). Are they not proving the point of that post with their continued tirades and namecalling? I am simply trying to show them I am not taking them seriously and having a good laugh at their expense, but they continue to let their panties stay bunched
up and can't let it go. Wgen I saw this thread get 3/4 of the way down the page I thought they finally were going to act like adults and let it die. Couple of hours later, it was back at the top becuase they once again resumed acting like children. I really thought they were adults. I guess I was wrong.

Again, stop fucking lumping me in with Woody, my personal attacks are coherent and simply stated, "Go fuck yourself!"

Now if Woody tried to convey that message it would be something like this,

"Cpk1123 Never you mind

Distortion makes everything clearer

Simply stated makes this happier

See the light from the seeping dam

Go Go flatulent."

woodbuck27
06-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Speak for yourself

How old are you Sir?

woodbuck27
06-18-2008, 09:10 PM

I was prepared to live with some things from Favre apparently some on here weren't. Silly how ungrateful and disrespectful some are. I am sure you were one of the few silly bastards that doubted him in 1996 coming out of rehab.

In 1996 cpk1994 was still likely tapping Daddies pocket for his next Bud Lite. :D

Young adult ... your more than a brick short. Traslation. Your ignorance on this thread is shocking.