PDA

View Full Version : Utah Town to lift ban on bikinis at City Pool!

oregonpackfan
06-12-2008, 10:42 AM
A town in Utah is considering lifting its ban on bikinis for its local City owned pool? The question many of us want to know is: Scott Campbell, are you going to allow your wives to wear bikinis in public? :)

Utah town may revise ban on bikinis at city pool
4 hours ago
Loading... 0 Recommendations

KANAB, Utah — A ban on bikinis at the city pool is expected to be revised, ending a short-lived prohibition on the popular two-piece pool attire. But that does not mean that lifting the G-rating is going to lead to poolside G-strings.

"My recommendation is going to be no thongs or string bikinis," said City Councilwoman Nina Laycook, who called the original dress code an oversight.

Laycook said the policy will probably be revised at the council's meeting June 24, bringing Kanab back in line with city pools even in the state's most conservative communities.

"We were so engrossed with safety and health issues we overlooked the wording," Laycook said. "We are addressing that now by amending the policy."

Bikinis that don't reveal too much will be allowed, as will Speedos for men when the new public pool — known as the Cowboy Water'n Hole — opens July 4 in the community just north of the Arizona state line.

Laycook said council members discussed revising the policy Tuesday night. She does not expect any problems making the change.

But the publicity that the ban received may linger for the city like a bad sunburn.

The restrictions were not popular, even in the community where the council passed a resolution in 2006 to favor the "natural family" consisting of a working husband, a stay-at-home wife and a "full quiver of children."

Victor Cooper, owner of the Rocking-V Cafe, said customers in the restaurant joked about the ban and expected them to be glad when it was lifted.

"They reacted to the (ban) with comical disbelief more than anything," Cooper said.

___

Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com

Tyrone Bigguns
06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
If allowing bikinis means allowing speedos...i dont' see the point.

Joemailman
06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Hope this isn't the result:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee235/keytarwizard/fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Hello? Where did Scott go?

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Hope this isn't the result:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee235/keytarwizard/fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg

When your that fat you don't even have to wear under britches.

LL2
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello? Where did Scott go?

Are these Cambell's wives? He's from Utah right?

texaspackerbacker
06-13-2008, 02:21 AM
The ban doesn't go far enough.

They need to ban ALL swimsuits.

twoseven
06-13-2008, 03:53 AM
http://www.jaunted.com/files/3/borat_swimsuit_cannes.jpghttp://www.bumperactive.com/images/blogPix/kyle/98/AndYes...BoratBack.jpg

MJZiggy
06-13-2008, 05:40 AM
That just looks downright painful.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM

Worse for a man than a woman?

LL2
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM

Who cares if it's painful (you won't see me wearing that stuff) men like seeing women wear skimpy clothes up their crotch.

MJZiggy
06-13-2008, 06:55 PM

As a general rule, we try not to wear the thong over our shoulders...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM

As a general rule, we try not to wear the thong over our shoulders...

You do realize that is a woman's swimsuit?

MJZiggy
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Doesn't mean I'm wearing it...or anything like it.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Maybe not you, but ive seen a lot of those on women... But then again what do you expect at south beach

Tyrone Bigguns
06-13-2008, 07:54 PM

I know, but your point was pain..so, i was asking if you thought it was more painful for men than women.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM

Maybe not you, but ive seen a lot of those on women... But then again what do you expect at south beach

I never saw that at SoBe...more like topless. Things must be changing for the better. :roll:

I think more of cheesy beaches for that...or hotdog girls..or bikini contests.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 07:56 PM

I never saw that at SoBe...more like topless. Things must be changing for the better. :roll:

I think more of cheesy beaches for that...or hotdog girls..or bikini contests.

Well i spend quite alot of time at SoBe in the summer, and ive seen those a few times, but yea theres alil of everything their