PDA

View Full Version : Lions' burning question: Is there hope on defense?

woodbuck27
06-13-2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=421937

Lions' burning question: Is there hope on defense?

By: Vinnie Iyer

Posted: June 10, 2008

The Detroit Lions are undergoing a big schematic change, shifting away from the inconsistent pass-happy offense of former coordinator Mike Martz to a conservative, efficient run-oriented attack that is more in the image of old-school head coach Rod Marinelli.

The problem is, as much as the offense was mistake-, sack- and giveaway-prone the past few seasons, the bigger, more impending problem for the team is defense.

The Lions finished last in the NFL in both yards allowed (377.6) and points allowed (27.8) per game last season.

See LINK for rest of story.

Fritz
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
No. No, there's not.

SkinBasket
06-16-2008, 03:18 PM
A lot needs to change with that franchise from the top down before they can start worrying about such trivial things as "defense."

packers11
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I personally think they need to draft another receiver in the first round... Thats the missing piece to their Super Bowl run...

DonHutson
06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I thought the intimidating black alternate tough guy jerseys they adopted a few years ago were supposed to fix their defense. If it's going to take more than a uniform change, they're screwed.

oregonpackfan
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
A lot needs to change with that franchise from the top down before they can start worrying about such trivial things as "defense."

SkinBasket,

That change to the Lions may not happen in our lifetime! :)

woodbuck27
06-17-2008, 11:46 AM
A huge dark cloud certainly hangs over that franchise, and to heal the issue's. It will possibly only begin with a ' top to bottom ' approach to really become a solid team on the field.

That usually equates to new ownership. :)

Solid team = legtimate top eight Super Bowl contender, in my view.

Guiness
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM

QFT :)