PDA

View Full Version : Get your MNF pre-gaming ready. ESPN to milk Favre story away

packers11
06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

ESPN ready to take over Green Bay

If you're not a fan of pregame overkill, stop reading now.

ESPN's Bill Hofheimer e-mailed me this afternoon with the network's plans for the Monday Night Football/Brett Favre number retirement/Packers-Vikings opener extravaganza. The plans are extensive, to say the least.

Per Hofheimer:

"Wanted to let you know that ESPN will be sending its entire 'Monday Night Countdown' crew to Green Bay for Vikings-Packers MNF opener on Sept 8. We have not done this since the first MNF season on ESPN in 2005, but with the Packers set to retire Brett Favre's jersey -- and this being ESPN's first visit to Lambeau Field for a MNF game -- the decision was a no-brainer. We will have multiple shows originating from site throughout the day.

Here's the planned lineup of ESPN programs for Monday, Sept 8 (All times CT):
Mon 12:30 PM NFL LIVE
Mon 01:00 PM NFL PRIMETIME
Mon 02:00 PM AROUND THE HORN
Mon 02:30 PM PARDON THE INTERRUPTION *
Mon 03:00 PM SPORTSCENTER MONDAY KICKOFF (segments *)
Mon 04:00 PM MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN *
Mon 06:00 PM MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL -- MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS
Mon 09:15 PM MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL -- DENVER BRONCOS @ OAKLAND RAIDERS (halftime segments *)
Tue 12:30 AM SPORTSCENTER (segments *)
Tue 02:00 AM NFL PRIMETIME (UPDATED W/ HIGHLIGHTS FROM MNF GAMES)

* will originate from Lambeau Field in Green Bay

In addition to the MNF crew that will call the game (Mike Tirico, Rob Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser), the Monday Night Countdown team of Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Tom Jackson, Keyshawn Johnson, Steve Young, Emmitt Smith and Chris Mortensen will all be on-site, as well as reporter(s). Michael Wilbon is also expected to be on-site for Pardon the Interruption w/ Kornheiser."

Should be a circus. I just hope PTI isn't done from the press box. I value my hearing too much.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com
posted by PackersNews.com at 3:11 PM | 0 Comments

GrnBay007
06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Even if you couldn't touch tickets to a game, it'd be a great day to be in Green Bay!!!!!

oregonpackfan
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Let the Season begin!(Let's just enjoy summer first, OK?) :)

Jimx29
06-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Gotta imagine that that evenings rating will be sky high. Not only for ESPN, and MNF, but for all TV.

Pugger
06-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Good grief! :roll: The only good thing about all this is with any luck most of the hype will be directed at Brett and NOT Aaron. I don't envy AR at all in this instance. Your first start, replacing a football icon AND on Monday night against a divisional rival!? Egad...

Tarlam!
06-15-2008, 05:15 AM
I bet we lose this game. What a stupid idea to retire his # on the MNF opener. Poor A-Rod. I already feel terrible for the guy.

On the other hand, if this thing leaves A-Rod cold and he plays like he did in Dallas, imagine what that'll do for his confidence?

Still, I wish he could just play a "normal" game to start his career...

RashanGary
06-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't feel bad for Arod one bit. Of all of the young QB's coming into the league the last few years, Arod is probably in the top 10% as far as having a good situation. He can come out and in one game he can set the tone for his tenure. 1st impressions can last a very long time. I guess there is another side to this coin, but you can't fear failure. You have to have your eye on the prize and if you're good enough, if you worked hard enough, if the people you rely on believe in you and support you, things have a funny way of workign out. Rodgers controls his destiny. The way he worked, the relationships he's built, the commitment he has will show up on Sunday. I always see golf as a bit of a luck sport, but when you see one guy come you every tourney and kicks ass, you realize it's not luck at all. The guys who are most ready will usually shine. Luck plays a small part. More than likely though we'll see what Arod is really made of on Monday night.

cpk1994
06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't feel bad for Arod one bit. Of all of the young QB's coming into the league the last few years, Arod is probably in the top 10% as far as having a good situation. He can come out and in one game he can set the tone for his tenure. 1st impressions can last a very long time. I guess there is another side to this coin, but you can't fear failure. You have to have your eye on the prize and if you're good enough, if you worked hard enough, if the people you rely on believe in you and support you, things have a funny way of workign out. Rodgers controls his destiny. The way he worked, the relationships he's built, the commitment he has will show up on Sunday. I always see golf as a bit of a luck sport, but when you see one guy come you every tourney and kicks ass, you realize it's not luck at all. The guys who are most ready will usually shine. Luck plays a small part. More than likely though we'll see what Arod is really made of on Monday night.However, can he make a 1st impression if no one pays attention? After all, its debatable whether ESPN will remember there is a football game going on and that they have to comment on it.

Bretsky
06-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't feel bad for Arod one bit. Of all of the young QB's coming into the league the last few years, Arod is probably in the top 10% as far as having a good situation. He can come out and in one game he can set the tone for his tenure. 1st impressions can last a very long time. I guess there is another side to this coin, but you can't fear failure. You have to have your eye on the prize and if you're good enough, if you worked hard enough, if the people you rely on believe in you and support you, things have a funny way of workign out. Rodgers controls his destiny. The way he worked, the relationships he's built, the commitment he has will show up on Sunday. I always see golf as a bit of a luck sport, but when you see one guy come you every tourney and kicks ass, you realize it's not luck at all. The guys who are most ready will usually shine. Luck plays a small part. More than likely though we'll see what Arod is really made of on Monday night.

Agree; that offense is loaded with talent at all of the skill positions. AROD walks into something similar to Philip Rivers. What Rivers lacked were top line WR's....but the OL, Running game, and TE's are set. As all GB lacks is a top tier OL but all of the other positions are set.

If he's just average and smart he'll have a very good season.

RashanGary
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
If he's just average and smart he'll have a very good season.

I agree. Average and smart will look good. Last year I said Favre took more blame than he deserved in 2005 but with the way the team was looking last off season I thought he would get more credit than he deserved in 2007 and I do think that was the case. Now it's Rodgers turn to get more credit than he deserves because I think the team around him is just as strong as the team that Brett played with last year.

packinpatland
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I think I'm going to camp on GBR's front lawn that day............. :wink:

I predict we win. I predict it will be the start of a very good season. I predict it's going to be one of those brilliantly beautiful days at Lambeau. All will be right in the world that day.

packinpatland
06-15-2008, 01:17 PM
And we should all thank our stars that Troy Aikman is not calling the game.

"In addition to the MNF crew that will call the game (Mike Tirico, Rob Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser), the Monday Night Countdown team of Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Tom Jackson, Keyshawn Johnson, Steve Young, Emmitt Smith and Chris Mortensen will all be on-site, as well as reporter(s). Michael Wilbon is also expected to be on-site for Pardon the Interruption w/ Kornheiser."

MJZiggy
06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Good God, will there be any room left for the players?

GrnBay007
06-15-2008, 01:55 PM
LOL wonder what tickets will go for this game....it will be crazy!

I'd pay a bundle to be in the nose-bleed section for this game. There will probably be more fans in Green Bay Wisconsin then ever before.

GBRulz
06-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I am probably going to get stoned for saying this, but can you imagine the commentary from all those reporters if Aaron gets hurt in the first half?

:shock:

MJZiggy
06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
They'd go apeshit. They'd probably be SCREAMING for Favre as M3 puts Brohm in.

Gunakor
06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
LOL wonder what tickets will go for this game....it will be crazy!

I'd pay a bundle to be in the nose-bleed section for this game. There will probably be more fans in Green Bay Wisconsin then ever before.

Looking at stubhub.com, the cheapest available is section 105 in the north end zone @ $379 per seat. The cheapest available sideline seats are in section 113, about the 10-20 yard line behind the Vikings bench @ $453 per seat (minimum 2 tickets). If you are coming alone, the cheapest sideline seats sold individually are in section 121, about the 40 yard line also behind the Vikings bench. The price for those are $471 per seat. This is going to be one very expensive game...

Gunakor
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
They'd go apeshit. They'd probably be SCREAMING for Favre as M3 puts Brohm in.

Yeah, until Brohm hits Jennings on a 5 yard slant pattern, and Jennings turns it into a 25 yard TD. Then hopefully everyone will realize that or WR's could make damn near any QB look good.

That said, A-Rod looks to be in much better playing shape than he has previously in his career. I really doubt that he's going to get hurt on the first day.

GBRulz
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Looking at stubhub.com, the cheapest available is section 105 in the north end zone @ $379 per seat. The cheapest available sideline seats are in section 113, about the 10-20 yard line behind the Vikings bench @ $453 per seat (minimum 2 tickets). If you are coming alone, the cheapest sideline seats sold individually are in section 121, about the 40 yard line also behind the Vikings bench. The price for those are $471 per seat. This is going to be one very expensive game...

Tell me that Favre doesn't sell tickets. Look at the ticket prices for not only this game, but even last year you couldn't find a ticket for under $200.

Now, look at the rest of the schedule for this year. Tix avail for $130. Which is good news for our posters game. Tix $50 over face has been unheard of.

GBRulz
06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
two of my friends have already rented out their houses for that weekend and they live like 4 miles from Lambeau. One got $800, the other got $1000.

I tell ya guys....it's tempting to consider doing that!!! But with my luck, a bunch of freaks like Skin and Nutz would show up.... na, they're too cheap, nm. :lol:

woodbuck27
06-16-2008, 07:55 PM
two of my friends have already rented out their houses for that weekend and they live like 4 miles from Lambeau. One got $800, the other got $1000.

I tell ya guys....it's tempting to consider doing that!!! But with my luck, a bunch of freaks like Skin and Nutz would show up.... na, they're too cheap, nm. :lol:

Your 8-) M.

:)

oregonpackfan
06-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Yeah, right, PIP. Your idea of "camping" is having room service and a maid to turn down your sheets and placing a mint chocolate on your pillow! :)

GBRulz
06-17-2008, 09:12 AM

Yeah, right, PIP. Your idea of "camping" is having room service and a maid to turn down your sheets and placing a mint chocolate on your pillow! :)

As long as there is wine, PIP will come ! :wink: