PDA

View Full Version : "MIDDLE OF SACK EQUATION"......DO WE HAVE THE FORM

Bretsky
06-13-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=761624

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I think we traded Corey Williams and his seven sacks a season for Brian Brohm.

SOMEBODY has to pick up the inside pressures or the defense could take a step back.

Where will it come from ??

RashanGary
06-13-2008, 07:37 PM
I thought it was a pretty good story. We'll see how it goes. Montgomery is only 24. He certainly has room for improvement. Thompson could get pressure on the outside. Jenkins could move inside. Jolly and Harrell could take steps forward. Muir or Bolston could become a player. Anything could happen.

My guess is it's the weak link of the defense and it prevents the Packers from being truely elite.

Charles Woodson
06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
My guess is it's the weak link of the defense and it prevents the Packers from being truely elite.

Idk i thought that our backup corners really hurt us last season, that and Collin's play.. But then again you can help the corners and the safeties but getting more pressure. I dont have a problem with the trade as long as Harrell proves his shit and jolly gets back to pre-injury mode.

red
06-13-2008, 07:57 PM
maybe we could use our run stuffing DT's as, i don't know, space fillers, and let our very fast and talented LB's go after the qb a little more this year

bobblehead
06-13-2008, 09:44 PM
maybe we could use our run stuffing DT's as, i don't know, space fillers, and let our very fast and talented LB's go after the qb a little more this year

Lord that would be nice. I understand the bates system of let the offense make 3 mistakes in a row, but sometimes when your D is getting it handed to them on 3rd and 12 you gotta open it up a bit.

ahaha
06-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I think Jenkins could replace Williams on the inside quite well. If only we had a DE step up, so Jenkins wouldn't have to play there as much. Jason Taylor would be f*%kin' sweet. That would be one hell of a D-line rotation.

Bretsky
06-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Lord that would be nice. I understand the bates system of let the offense make 3 mistakes in a row, but sometimes when your D is getting it handed to them on 3rd and 12 you gotta open it up a bit.

I think this defense has plenty of talent

My continuing concern revolves around Bob Sanders

bobblehead
06-14-2008, 01:40 PM

I'm not disagreeing, I didn't mean this to be a slight on talent. One add on though, even great talent has off days and has to be helped a bit by a creative coordinater....which Sanders isn't.

I'm really hoping this is the year some of TT's own DL drafted talent breaks out...Big men to take a bit longer to adjust sometimes as they are boys coming out facing men who have a developed body. We might see a stellar Jolly, and a more solid Montgomery this year. Harrel might take one more year and even then, the injuries are slowing his progress. Same could be said for the OL this year, I'm hoping I'm right, and I have learned to trust in TT until he proves otherwise.

Bretsky
06-14-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm not disagreeing, I didn't mean this to be a slight on talent. One add on though, even great talent has off days and has to be helped a bit by a creative coordinater....which Sanders isn't.

agree 100%