PDA

View Full Version : A New Contract Stip for all Our Players

Tony Oday
06-16-2008, 10:26 PM
You are not allowed to drive anymore or go somewhere without a chaperone(sp?)

We seem to be a VERY well behaved team for a while now save a few bad eggs. This would make it so you CANT get in trouble without the Pack knowing you are going to do something stupid :)

Thoughts?

Scott Campbell
06-16-2008, 10:45 PM
For players under 14, I think it would be perfectly appropriate.

Tony Oday
06-16-2008, 10:49 PM
How about players that ACT under 14...

texaspackerbacker
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Don't call it a chaperone. It's security provided by the team--a body guard. About 55 of those at about $60,000 salary--for maybe six months work. That's about $3.3 million very well spent.

oregonpackfan
06-17-2008, 12:56 AM
You are not allowed to drive anymore or go somewhere without a chaperone(sp?)

We seem to be a VERY well behaved team for a while now save a few bad eggs. This would make it so you CANT get in trouble without the Pack knowing you are going to do something stupid :)

Thoughts?

I agree this offseason has been very refreshing with the absence of Packers in trouble with the law, girlfriends, etc.

We forget that young men in their 20's sometimes make poor choices. I made a few poor choices in my 20's I would not repeat if I had to do it over again.

Hopefully, this "dull" offseason will continue.

sepporepi
06-17-2008, 02:01 AM
I made a few poor choices in my 20's I would not repeat if I had to do it over again.

Tell us :lol: !!!

In the lack of packer offseason arrests or other news resulting from bad choices of young men you can help and make the offseason interesting.

Are you the bad choices with women type? Or bad choices with drugs/alcohol?
All combined?

We need to know !!! 8-)

RashanGary
06-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Not allowed to drive anywhere? That's ridiculous.

KYPack
06-17-2008, 07:27 AM
For one thing, you can't MAKE the players have chaperons.

For another, most teams have free limo's or trans if the player requests it. The guys don't wanna hassel wit it, so it rarely gets used, but it's there if the player wants to use it.

Guiness
06-17-2008, 09:12 AM
This was obviously inspired by Javon's recent escapades...

Never understood players not wanting a security detail? I think anyone who earns >$1million/year should pay a guy to stand there with mirrored shades and his arms crossed while he does blow from the small of a hooker's back...

CaliforniaCheez
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Again you have to give credit to the personnel dept and Ted Thompson for not bringing in players with poor character. That lessens the chance of anything bad happening.

DonHutson
06-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Mandatory chaperones? That sounds like an excellent way to get rid of those pesky free agents once and for all.

No player would agree to that. The well behaved guys will find that extremely insulting (you think Kampman would he happy about taking his chaperone to church with him?) and the guys that actually need one won't want their style cramped.

I wouldn't blame a player for wanting some kind of bodyguard on occasion, but players also have the resources to hire one.

3irty1
06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
They already spend their time in Green Bay...

woodbuck27
06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
:D No way.

MadtownPacker
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Never understood players not wanting a security detail? I think anyone who earns >$1million/year should pay a guy to stand there with mirrored shades and his arms crossed while he does blow from the small of a hooker's back...Shit, that is when you know you have hit the big time. :lol:

oregonpackfan
06-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I made a few poor choices in my 20's I would not repeat if I had to do it over again.

Tell us :lol: !!!

In the lack of packer offseason arrests or other news resulting from bad choices of young men you can help and make the offseason interesting.

Are you the bad choices with women type? Or bad choices with drugs/alcohol?
All combined?

We need to know !!! 8-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My "poor choices" would not qualify for the headlines both in financial and infraction levels.

Guiness
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Shit, that is when you know you have hit the big time. :lol:

I'm thinking it's not the million you're talking about 8-)

Tony Oday
06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Well good, I think Kamp wouldnt mind a little underling running around :) Basically I was thinking if they go out after 8pm they are provided with a security detail. Just think a guy that drives you around and makes sure the press doesnt mess with you...

This was brought on by not only Walker but pretty much anything a Bengal or Cowboy has done in the past decade! :)

DonHutson
06-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Speaking of hookers and blow, did anyone else read that it was Michael Irvin's suggestion that led to the NFL requiring all rookies to visit the NFL Hall of Fame this off-season?

The trip is intended to help the young guys respect the game and make better choices. A great idea, certainly couldn't hurt anyway, but I was surprised by the source. Maybe Mike wishes he made that trip as a young man?

Tony Oday
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Speaking of hookers and blow, did anyone else read that it was Michael Irvin's suggestion that led to the NFL requiring all rookies to visit the NFL Hall of Fame this off-season?

The trip is intended to help the young guys respect the game and make better choices. A great idea, certainly couldn't hurt anyway, but I was surprised by the source. Maybe Mike wishes he made that trip as a young man?

I think he may have actually grown up...

oregonpackfan
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Quite frankly, I think all pro football fans should visit the NFL Hall of Fame. If you haven't done do, please put it on your "Bucket List" to do some day in your life time.

It is well worth the time and expense to visit it.