PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay

PackFan#1
06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Download Coldplay's new album, "Viva la Vida" on iTunes today! :)

BallHawk
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
For once in my life I'm in agreence with Tank.

I'm limewire-ing that.

Jimx29
06-17-2008, 07:47 PM
[40 year old virgin]
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.[/40 year old virgin]

Partial
06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
[40 year old virgin]

my thoughts exactly.

PackFan#1
06-17-2008, 08:02 PM
[40 year old virgin]

Stfu, bum, and go buy/download Coldplay's new album. It rocks! 40 year old virgin suck. The chick that the virgin fucked is not even hot. She has no tits at all.

Coldplay is the best rock band since the Verve broke up. Viva la vida will win next year's Grammy for album of the year, that's a guarantee.

BallHawk
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Grammy's don't mean anything anymore, Tank. I'm not sure if they ever did.

Partial
06-17-2008, 08:07 PM
The Clash are and will always be the best rock band. Really I don't think they have a bad song.

Freak Out
06-17-2008, 08:33 PM
We are NOT going to have a music debate in a Coldplay thread. Wait...that's not fair....... :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
The Clash are and will always be the best rock band. Really I don't think they have a bad song.

The irony of you extolling a band like the clash, whose politics are the complete opposite of yours...is just mindblowing.

Freak Out
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Partial...you need to see the movie "The Future is unwritten".

Deputy Nutz
06-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I might be out of the loop, but I sort of thought this guy was the Tanker. I thought Tank got his ass thrown out of here?

Zool
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM

The irony of you extolling a band like the clash, whose politics are the complete opposite of yours...is just mindblowing.

Music is music. I listen to Slayer, but I'm not going to go all Ed Gein on some grave yard just cause I listen to Dead Skin Mask.

BTW, the Clash is not the best rock band. Pioneers in punk for sure. I have a hard time with labeling any band the best ever, though the Beatles last 3 albums are as close to perfection as you can get IMO.

SkinBasket
06-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Cold play is that boy band isn't it?

HarveyWallbangers
06-18-2008, 09:24 AM

I listen to a lot of liberal artists. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to watch many movies or listen to many songs. Their misguided politically, but some of them put out good music.

Scott Campbell
06-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I listen to a lot of liberal artists.

Big Streisand fan - huh?

sheepshead
06-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Coldplay, like Dave Matthews has a large gay men and soccer mom following. just my take.

Oscar
06-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I've got Billy Squier blasting right now. Now theres some music. :mrgreen:

LL2
06-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Who's Coldplay? Are they the ones that sand that stupid Yellow song or whatever is was called?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Music is music. I listen to Slayer, but I'm not going to go all Ed Gein on some grave yard just cause I listen to Dead Skin Mask.

BTW, the Clash is not the best rock band. Pioneers in punk for sure. I have a hard time with labeling any band the best ever, though the Beatles last 3 albums are as close to perfection as you can get IMO.

Zool,

For the most part i agree with you, but for the clash and political bands..i have to disagree. The clash's music and lyrics and politics go hand in hand..it is all together.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Coldplay, like Dave Matthews has a large gay men and soccer mom following. just my take.

And, like politics, as far from reality as possible.

DMB has a large gay men following. More like college republicans/frat boys. LOL

Zool
06-18-2008, 11:56 AM

Zool,

For the most part i agree with you, but for the clash and political bands..i have to disagree. The clash's music and lyrics and politics go hand in hand..it is all together.

Yeah I'll buy that. Its sorta like Tex listening to Rage Against the Machine?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Zool,

Yeah I'll buy that. Its sorta like Tex listening to Rage Against the Machine?

Exactly.

Unfortunately, that is exactly what happens...a bunch of frat boys rockin it out to RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...at Coachella. Completely unaware.

Kinda like Kurt Cobain..the same people that made his life miserable were now in the front row.

The Leaper
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I believe there is a potential storm brewing that Coldplay copied their first single from their new album off some other unknown band. My wife was blabbering about it last night, but I wasn't paying complete attention...I could care less about Coldplay because I've always thought they sucked ass. They desperately want to be U2, but have 1/10th the talent.

So did Coldplay pull a Vanilla Ice, or what?

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I believe there is a potential storm brewing that Coldplay copied their first single from their new album off some other unknown band. My wife was blabbering about it last night, but I wasn't paying complete attention...I could care less about Coldplay because I've always thought they sucked ass. They desperately want to be U2, but have 1/10th the talent.

Go suck your mother's tits, Leaper. 1/10th the talent? Fuck you!

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Who's Coldplay? Are they the ones that sand that stupid Yellow song or whatever is was called?

You ingorant fuck. Yellow is one of the greatest song ever written. STFU!

Oscar
06-18-2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydsuqDwaooc

This here is the greatest song ever wrote.. :P

Tyrone Bigguns
06-18-2008, 05:37 PM

First, coldplay neither sound nor aspire to be U2. At best you might have an argument like that regarding Radiohead. But, Coldplay has admitted that their biggest influence was Travis.

Plagiarism: Who knows. This stuff happens all the time...smaller bands/artists accuse a bigger one of doing it. Usually they don't win.

Take a listen. I definitely can can the similarity. But, only in bits of the original..when it goes to the chorus it is different.

The question is how Chris Martin (coldplay) came up with it...was it purposeful or did it seep up from his subconcious. Plus, how many rock songs are just a few chords away from each other.

http://popculturemadness.blogspot.com/2008/06/coldplay-plaigerism-controversy.html

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Most Britpop rock bands sound similar b/c they pretty much have the same influences. I've always thought Coldplay sound a lot like the Verve, which isn't a bad thing cos the Verve were pretty good.

What makes Coldplay better than most is Chris Martin's vocal. Only Chris Carraba of Dashboard Confessional comes close to Martin's level.

TheCheese
06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Dave Mathew's Band kicks ass and I enjoy listening to them even though hes a huge lefty. If anyone has seen the new Adam Sandler movie Zohan you will know what I'm talking about, even though it was pretty funny part he played.

Like Harv said if you can't just enjoy the music for what it is instead of what the misguided liberal musicians "stand for" than there is much in the entertainment industry that will piss you off.

That being said I would have to say the greatest rock band of all time would easily be Pink Floyd. Those guys are amazing and no other band can come close to replicating their sound, mainly because David Gilmour's talent and uniqueness just cannot be matched.

GBRulz
06-18-2008, 08:23 PM

I know what you're referring to. Some unknown Brooklyn band is claiming they Chris Martin visited their set and stole the melody from them. However, the track was already cut in '07, six months before Martin even visited the unknown band from Brooklyn. It sounds like a loud of crap to me.

sheepshead
06-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Dave Mathew's Band kicks ass and I enjoy listening to them even though hes a huge lefty. If anyone has seen the new Adam Sandler movie Zohan you will know what I'm talking about, even though it was pretty funny part he played.

Like Harv said if you can't just enjoy the music for what it is instead of what the misguided liberal musicians "stand for" than there is much in the entertainment industry that will piss you off.

That being said I would have to say the greatest rock band of all time would easily be Pink Floyd. Those guys are amazing and no other band can come close to replicating their sound, mainly because David Gilmour's talent and uniqueness just cannot be matched.

Matthews was good until they started playing stadiums, i lost interest then. As a conservative if all I listened to was "non-liberal" artists all i would be able to play is Debby Boone in which case I wouldnt writing this because I would have offed myself years ago. Guys like Springsteen that go out and play for candidates, loose my respect also. If Leno asks who youre going to vote for , fine say something. Otherwise-play music and keep politics out of it.

The Leaper
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I know what you're referring to. Some unknown Brooklyn band is claiming they Chris Martin visited their set and stole the melody from them. However, the track was already cut in '07, six months before Martin even visited the unknown band from Brooklyn. It sounds like a loud of crap to me.

Well, the other band would've had the song written prior to the visit as well, I suppose. The question becomes who wrote and performed it first...and as far as performing it goes, it looks like the other band wins.

Then you have Martin's recent comments about being the world's worst plagarist...which may not have been what he meant word-for-word, but it does seem there is some truth in the notion that Coldplay builds heavily off the work of others...even if they don't copy it directly.

So, in my mind, that reduces the value of their work...I'm not saying it invalidates their work, but if you take an existing work and tweak it to make it your own sound, I'm not going to assign as much creative value to what you are producing.

Harlan Huckleby
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
First, coldplay neither sound nor aspire to be U2. At best you might have an argument like that regarding Radiohead. But, Coldplay has admitted that their biggest influence was Travis.

I don't know, I hear some U2 influence in Coldplay.

I have one Coldplay CD somewhere, but it is lost in a pile of confusion. Probably I haven't pursued it because it would just remind me of tank and I'd start crying again.

FavreChild
06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Guys like Springsteen that go out and play for candidates, loose my respect also. If Leno asks who youre going to vote for , fine say something. Otherwise-play music and keep politics out of it.

Well, Springsteen is probably still pissed that Reagan co-opted "Born In the U.S.A." for his campaign, when the song was meant to be a political critique.

Music is a primal form of expression. There's no reason to avoid politics in music unless the artist is only creating the music for the purpose of making money. Besides, almost every artist out there makes a political statement of some kind, even if it's just reinforcing the status quo (which is what most music does). For instance, even a sappy love ballad reinforces heterosexual normacy with male artists crooning about "her" beauty and female artists singing about "his" strength - or whatever.

We just don't perceive most music as being "politcal" - which is exactly what allows it to reinforce social norms (because we don't realize that it's happening!).

Zool
06-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Besides, almost every artist out there makes a political statement of some kind, even if it's just reinforcing the status quo (which is what most music does). For instance, even a sappy love ballad reinforces heterosexual normacy with male artists crooning about "her" beauty and female artists singing about "his" strength - or whatever.

Good point. And like Frankie says:

Relax
don't do it
when you wanna go to it
Relax
don't do it.....when you wanna come

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Leaper, STFU and go listen to Coldplay. You don't know what you're talking about.

HarveyWallbangers
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, Springsteen is probably still pissed that Reagan co-opted "Born In the U.S.A." for his campaign, when the song was meant to be a political critique.

To be fair, about 95% of the country didn't realize it was a political song. Apparently, the catchy chorus threw people off. Springsteen and many others were so friggin' wrong about Reagan that it soured me on their political views since.
:D

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
The only right-wing artist I listen to is Moby. :oops:

Country music is all right-wing and that's why its trash. :idea:

I like rap. 8-)

PackFan#1
06-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Probably I haven't pursued it because it would just remind me of tank and I'd start crying again.

Tank is a guy who only post for the attention. The reason I didn't join this site sooner was because Tank was posting here. I was sick of his stuff at JSO. His Ted is Trapped in the Closet threads are lame, although the one he wrote for Mazzin was pretty funny.

I, for one, is glad Tank is banned. He hasn't been at JSO for awhile. He probably is banned there too.

BallHawk
06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
We should of guessed it was you through the whole Roswell-UFO connection.

PackFan#1
06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
We should of guessed it was you through the whole Roswell-UFO connection.

Dude, my avatar has nothing to do with Tank. I am a firm believer in the X-Files. I, like Mulder and the Lone Gunmen, seek to expose the truth behind the existence of extraterrestrials--a truth so great that conservatives are forever conspiring to destroy.

My avatar depicts an infant that is part human/part alien. The government started testing alien dna on humans after the UFO crush at Roswell; the Air Force was able to capture 4 aliens from an unidentified planet. At the height of the cold war, Ronald Regan signed off on 6 "Super Soliders"--solider that were cloned from alien genes--for Operation End Game.

Conservatives like Bobblehead will tell you that its all science fiction. Don't pay any attention to them.

Harlan Huckleby
06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I, for one, is glad Tank is banned.

it's really you!!! :D

TheCheese
06-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Thats fucking funny right there, whoever you are thanks for the laugh haha.

The Leaper
06-19-2008, 10:16 AM
First, coldplay neither sound nor aspire to be U2.

As U2 is the most successful international band at present, of course Coldplay eyeballs that success...which was more or less what I was referring to rather than saying they were trying to sound exactly like them. I'm talking about how Coldplay likes to market themself and how Martin tries to push his political ideology through his musical success.

Martin wishes he was Bono...wishes he had the political clout and international stage to push his wacko ideology. I'm not really saying Coldplay is trying to sound exactly like U2 musically, although you can certainly hear elements of a U2 influence in much of Coldplay's work (not copying...influence).

I knew bashing Coldplay would bring Tank out of hiding.

FavreChild
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
To be fair, about 95% of the country didn't realize it was a political song. Apparently, the catchy chorus threw people off.

Definitely. Many people still think it's a patriotic song. But that's the risk you run as an artist - music is interactive, so there's always the chance that the audience will interpret a song differently. Reagan didn't do anything wrong in using the song - but I'm sure Bruce didn't like it.

But anyway...back to your previously scheduled Tank-bashing. 8-)

Charles Woodson
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Dude, my avatar has nothing to do with Tank. \

Alright, the ultimate test...

What are your views of Ted Thompson?
Was Mike Sherman a good coach?
Is Joey Harrington the QB that will take us to the SB? :lol:

Scott Campbell
06-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Is Joey Harrington the QB that will take us to the SB? :lol:

I believe the phraseology is "the chosen one".

Tyrone Bigguns
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
First, coldplay neither sound nor aspire to be U2.

As U2 is the most successful international band at present, of course Coldplay eyeballs that success...which was more or less what I was referring to rather than saying they were trying to sound exactly like them. I'm talking about how Coldplay likes to market themself and how Martin tries to push his political ideology through his musical success.

Martin wishes he was Bono...wishes he had the political clout and international stage to push his wacko ideology. I'm not really saying Coldplay is trying to sound exactly like U2 musically, although you can certainly hear elements of a U2 influence in much of Coldplay's work (not copying...influence).

I knew bashing Coldplay would bring Tank out of hiding.

What is the "wacko" ideology?

PackFan#1
06-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Martin wishes he was Bono...

Yeah, right.

Chris Martin is a better singer than Bono. U2 isn't bad, though.

GBRulz
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Martin wishes he was Bono...

Yeah, right.

Chris Martin is a better singer than Bono. U2 isn't bad, though.

I loved early U2, like up until Achtung Baby.

I think Coldplay is more focused on Chris Martin rather than U2 just being about Bono. When you think U2, you also think the Edge. I honestly can't name another band member in Coldplay and I'm a much bigger fan of Coldplay's music vs U2.

PackFan#1
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I think Coldplay is more focused on Chris Martin rather than U2 just being about Bono. When you think U2, you also think the Edge. I honestly can't name another band member in Coldplay and I'm a much bigger fan of Coldplay's music vs U2.

Martin usually write the lyrics but all Coldplay's songs are composed by the whole band. They don't record a song until they all agree on it. I think all 4 members are even paid equally by their record company.

But yea, when people think of coldplay they usually think of chris martin.

The Leaper
06-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Martin is certainly a better singer than Bono...Bono has never been a great singer. However, Bono is a tremendous lyricist and has incredible stage presence that few leads can offer.

I agree with the assessment that Coldplay is probably 85% Martin, while U2 is far more equally divided from a talent standpoint. That is why U2 has been able to remain relevant to popular music as a band for the better part of three decades.

The Leaper
06-20-2008, 07:55 AM

That we can solve poverty in places like Ghana and Haiti with free trade.

PackFan#1
06-20-2008, 04:40 PM

You know absolutely nothing about coldplay. Coldplay seeks FAIR trade, not "free" trade. STFU, already.

And Coldplay is 85% Chris Martin? Get real. More like 25% Chris, 25% Jon Buckland, 25% Guy Berryman, and 25% Will Champion.

Charles Woodson
06-20-2008, 05:28 PM
And Coldplay is 85% Chris Martin? Get real. More like 25% Chris, 25% Jon Buckland, 25% Guy Berryman, and 25% Will Champion.

who?

Not a chance, definitely 90% Chris,

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2008, 05:29 PM

It might be nice if you actually could use correct terms. Chris Martin, along with Oxfam, AI, Caritas Int all support it.

There have been plenty of studies done that support the idea.

Fair trade receives criticism from both the left and the right. But, to call it wacko only reinforces the belief that you really don't understand it.

BallHawk
06-20-2008, 05:31 PM

You know absolutely nothing about coldplay. Coldplay seeks FAIR trade, not "free" trade. STFU, already.

Hmmm. Well this month's cover of Rolling Stone is 100% Chris Martin.

:whist:

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/8/5/7/4/21184758.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Hmmm. Well this month's cover of Rolling Stone is 100% Chris Martin.

:whist:

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/8/5/7/4/21184758.jpg

Chris is the face of coldplay, no doubt..superstar wife and all. But, he isn't the sole composer of coldplay music.

If we were to judge things by covers of rolling stone then Anthony Kiedis is the Peppers, Mark McGrath was Sugar Ray (actually, who really cares), Eddie Vedder was Pearl Jam, Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

BTW, does anybody really read RS anymore for music coverage? Britney spears, N'Sync, movie stars, etc. on the cover.

mraynrand
06-20-2008, 06:26 PM
If we were to judge things by covers of rolling stone then Anthony Kiedis is the Peppers, Mark McGrath was Sugar Ray (actually, who really cares), Eddie Vedder was Pearl Jam, Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Yeah. Like Lou Reed is really 100% Lou Reed.

http://content.barewalls.com/preview/m3/m3rs551p.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2008, 07:06 PM

Yeah. Like Lou Reed is really 100% Lou Reed.

http://content.barewalls.com/preview/m3/m3rs551p.jpg

I think you meant to say Lou Reed is 100% VU.

Charles Woodson
06-20-2008, 08:04 PM
But, he isn't the sole composer of coldplay music

I dont think that was in question, i think we were trying to say that, Coldplay is Chris Martin. I mean when you think of coldplay, thats the 1 person who comes up. I mean other bands you usually can name at least another person.

PackFan#1
06-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Chris is the face of coldplay, no doubt..superstar wife and all. But, he isn't the sole composer of coldplay music.

Well said.

Zool
06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Grohl is a great drummer, but Novaselick(sp) was barely average. Without the voice and the angst of Kurt, there was no Nirvana.

PackFan#1
06-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Grohl is a great drummer, but Novaselick(sp) was barely average. Without the voice and the angst of Kurt, there was no Nirvana.

Grohl is a better singer than Kurt, imo. I like Foo Fighters more than Nirvana. Maybe that's because im not an old fuck like you. :)

Zool
06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Grohl is a better singer than Kurt, imo. I like Foo Fighters more than Nirvana. Maybe that's because im not an old fuck like you. :)

I'm probably 4-5 years older than you, just way smarter.

Grohl is a great singer no doubt, but how was his singing in Nirvana? Is the drummer going to be the frontman? The suggestion was that Kurt was Nirvana, and I believe he was.

Hey man....nice shot.

HarveyWallbangers
06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

You are old too. You like a band that is so 2002. Get with the times.

Zool
06-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

You are old too. You like a band that is so 2002. Get with the times.

Well to be fair he was right on with the dude from Dashboard Confessional. If you get a chance to hear him sing on the first Further Seems Forever album, do it.

And if you havent already, check out Motion City Soundtrack. MPLS band hitting big. Very clever lyricist and well thought out songs on the last 2 albums.

PackFan#1
06-20-2008, 10:26 PM
So how many of you have already bought or downloaded Viva? I'm guessing, me, Michele, Ballhawk and Tyrone.

Great album. All tracks are great. My favorites are 42, Yes!, Strawberry Swing, Death and All His Friends, Viva La Vida, and Violet Hill. :)

Make the world a better place and go buy/download Viva today!!!

Zool
06-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Gotta be honest, I really don't like them. I don't dislike them, but I'm not going out of my way to listen.

PackFan#1
06-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Grohl is a great singer no doubt, but how was his singing in Nirvana? Is the drummer going to be the frontman? The suggestion was that Kurt was Nirvana, and I believe he was.

Hey man....nice shot.

You're a dumb fuck.I am smarter than you. :lol:

I am just suggesting that I like Foo Fighters more than Nirvana. Smells like teen spirit is ok. :)

Zool
06-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Hey man....nice shot.

I am just suggest that I like Foo Fighters more than Nirvana. Smells like teen spirit is ok. :)

Foo would definitely be closer to your thing.

Bleach is in my top10 all time favorite albums.

And no...you're a tard. You're ability to learn is very dimished, or you just choose not to.

GBRulz
06-21-2008, 09:01 AM
So how many of you have already bought or downloaded Viva? I'm guessing, me, Michele, Ballhawk and Tyrone.

Great album. All tracks are great. My favorites are 42, Yes!, Strawberry Swing, Death and All His Friends, Viva La Vida, and Violet Hill. :)

Make the world a better place and go buy/download Viva today!!!

Yeah, how's this for my musical genre variety.... I buy Coldplay, Disturbed and Katy Perry on my last shopping trip to the Itunes store!! and I have to admit, I love them all :D

Charles Woodson
06-21-2008, 10:24 AM

Hey man....nice shot.

I am just suggest that I like Foo Fighters more than Nirvana. Smells like teen spirit is ok. :)

Foo would definitely be closer to your thing.

Bleach is in my top10 all time favorite albums.

And no...you're a tard. You're ability to learn is very dimished, or you just choose not to.

While bleach was a great album, im going to have to go with nevermind as nirvana's best album.

The foo fighters, and nirvana are both of my favorite artists,
On a side note did anyone see the foo fighters concert last night on fuse?

GoPackGo
06-21-2008, 10:52 AM
The foo fighters, and nirvana are both of my favorite artists,
On a side note did anyone see the foo fighters concert last night on fuse?

I have an acoustic "Times Like These" and "Everlong" that you'd like. (I can email them to you)

Also, my favorite Nirvana album is "Unplugged in New York".
I love the Stripped down acoustic renditions of Nirvana hits and covers

Partial
06-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I've seen Foo at the BC. Good band. REally enjoy their older stuff.

My taste in music is constantly evolving. I'm not sure what I'm in to.

Charles Woodson
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure what I'm in to.

Aww, partials curious!

GBRulz
06-21-2008, 01:27 PM
I've seen Foo at the BC. Good band. REally enjoy their older stuff.

My taste in music is constantly evolving. I'm not sure what I'm in to.

That is something that probably will never change. One day I'm tuning into an 80's station, the next I'm listening to R&B, then my all-time fav group, STP...the list goes on. There are also some genres of music that I love listening to live, but to sit and listen to it from a CD...forget it. BLUES !! Love, love, love, live blues & jazz!

MJZiggy
06-21-2008, 01:33 PM
There are also some genres of music that I love listening to live, but to sit and listen to it from a CD...forget it. BLUES !! Love, love, love, live blues & jazz!

I can so relate to that one...especially live blues at an outdoor venue. Love it!!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Krist...his importance is not only in the playing.

Without all 3 there is no Nirvana...they had a band with a different drummer and it wasn't succesful.

As for U2...the bassist was subpar and Adam Clayton was a decent drummer..but far from being great..or even really good.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Hey man....nice shot.

The "hey man..nice shot." reference had nothing to do with Nirvana.

Zool
06-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Kurt was Nirvana, etc.

Well.....

Hey man....nice shot.

The "hey man..nice shot." reference had nothing to do with Nirvana.

Geeze man, I know. It was just a funny place to drop in a Filter reference from their only good album.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
oK. you are off the hook.

twoseven
06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
then my all-time fav group, STP
i concur. looking forward to a new album.

Partial
06-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Doesn't STP have their reunion show or something in Milwaukee? I heard about it on the radio?

GBRulz
06-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Doesn't STP have their reunion show or something in Milwaukee? I heard about it on the radio?

Well, they are playing at Summerfest this year. They are also coming to GB July 18. I cannot wait !