PDA

View Full Version : Woman hurts self with her thong and sues!

LL2
06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Now this is hilarious!

Woman Sues Victoria's Secret, Claims Injury From Defective Thong
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

A Los Angeles woman claims she was injured by her Victoria's Secret thong, prompting her to sue the underwear manufacturer.

The plaintiff in the case, Macrida Patterson, 52, attributed the May 2007 injury to a Victoria's Secret "low-rise v-string," according to a court document posted on The Smoking Gun.

Patterson's lawyer told The Smoking Gun that a "design problem" caused a decorative metallic piece on the underwear to fly up and hit Patterson in the eye while she was putting the underwear on.

Patterson's product liability lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court last week.

The Smoking Gun reported that, prior to the lawsuit, officials from Victoria's Secret had asked to see the offending underwear but were refused by Patterson's lawyer.

Scott Campbell
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
ROFL

A 52 year old women with a thong sounds like a bad case of vanity.

mraynrand
06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
This is really a case of Buyer Beware. I looked on the Victoria's Secret website for this thong, and it looks dangerous to me.

http://www.slingshots.net/magazine/1999/slingmag1_1/images/3006.jpg

red
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
LOL

poor ladies family probably all have bags over their heads right now

GBRulz
06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
LOL

Not exactly the kind of injury I assumed when I read the headline!!

BallHawk
06-18-2008, 02:35 PM
You think the prosecution is going to have to submit visual evidence? :shock:
:D

Zool
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
You think the prosecution is going to have to submit visual evidence? :shock:
:D

I'm hoping the plaintiff has to do a re-enactment in court.

oregonpackfan
06-18-2008, 04:30 PM
What are the mathematical chances of being hit in the eye by a decorative piece of metal while putting on a thong? :)

Bretsky, you are the mathematical expert on this forum. Get working on your research! :lol:

MJZiggy
06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm suggesting user error on this one I think...

Harlan Huckleby
06-18-2008, 09:44 PM
The plaintiff in the case, Macrida Patterson, 52,

i wonder if i'm the only one who stopped reading after this line

bobblehead
06-19-2008, 01:36 AM
What are the mathematical chances of being hit in the eye by a decorative piece of metal while putting on a thong? :)

Bretsky, you are the mathematical expert on this forum. Get working on your research! :lol:

I'm ok with numbers myself, and I went and bought that thong (for research). It seems that a metal piece breaks off 1 in every 182 times it goes through that motion.

Of those times it goes toward a 3 ft circle around the eyes 1 in 74 times.

the eyes make up 7% of that circle.

So, the odds of getting pegged in the eye by propelled sequins is:

1 in 178,885

I also checked the sales records on that particular model...minus my one for research and concluded at least 2 other women are out there with a patch over one eye.

edit: forgot to allow for the possibility of one slow learning woman with a patch over both eyes.

oregonpackfan
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm ok with numbers myself, and I went and bought that thong (for research). It seems that a metal piece breaks off 1 in every 182 times it goes through that motion.

Of those times it goes toward a 3 ft circle around the eyes 1 in 74 times.

the eyes make up 7% of that circle.

So, the odds of getting pegged in the eye by propelled sequins is:

1 in 178,885

I also checked the sales records on that particular model...minus my one for research and concluded at least 2 other women are out there with a patch over one eye.

edit: forgot to allow for the possibility of one slow learning woman with a patch over both eyes.

Thanks for your dedicated research, Bobblehead. Now please contact Ralph Nader or some consumer safety commission. The last thing we need is American women walking around with patches on their eyes! :lol:

red
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
The last thing we need is American women walking around with patches on their eyes! :lol:

or 52 year old women wearing thongs to begin with

maybe it was gods way of telling this woman she's too old for that kind of stuff

MJZiggy
06-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Commendable research, bobble, and I think I spoke with the perfect candidate for this scenario today, but I really don't want to know what she wears for underwear...

Partial
06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I f'n love those v-strings. They are all soft and cuddly like.