PDA

View Full Version : Packers are interested in Jason Taylor

LL2
06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I saw this at CNNSI. Do it TT! Hvae the balls to make a move for a change!

Packers consider trading for Taylor

Posted: Thursday June 19, 2008 07:10AM ET

While defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila said Wednesday he has "no doubt" his surgically repaired knee will be ready for the start of training camp, the Packers are keeping their options open. After informally asking the Dolphins what they wanted in exchange for defensive end Jason Taylor before the draft, the Packers have kept cursory contact with the Dolphins and have done their homework internally since then. Packers general manager Ted Thompson recently discussed Taylor with defensive coordinator Bob Sanders and defensive tackles coach Robert Nunn, who both coached Taylor with the Dolphins. Both assistants have a fondness for Taylor and would undoubtedly be in favor of acquiring the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

BallHawk
06-19-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12873

Packerarcher
06-19-2008, 07:41 PM
That makes sense,load up the defense when they don't even have a QB that has started a game. Rodgers will not last the whole season but at least the D will be good.

MJZiggy
06-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Eh, if we're not gonna score, at least no one else will...

GBRulz
06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes bring him in. This team took a big EC hit with Favre's exit. Taylor would fill that void nicely.

mission
06-19-2008, 10:03 PM
That makes sense,load up the defense when they don't even have a QB that has started a game. Rodgers will not last the whole season but at least the D will be good.

so what do you suggest?

keep the 3rd pick and draft another developmental quarterback. great idea!

oregonpackfan
06-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes bring him in. This team took a big EC hit with Favre's exit. Taylor would fill that void nicely.

C'mon, GBR. Be honest. You just want Jason Taylor with the Packers because you saw him on TV's "Dancing With the Stars." :lol:

GBRulz
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM

C'mon, GBR. Be honest. You just want Jason Taylor with the Packers because you saw him on TV's "Dancing With the Stars." :lol:

LOL! Actually, I can see my Mom watching a Packer game (assuming we have Taylor) and she'll be like "oh, I know who he is, he's from Dancing with the Stars." She LOVES that show!!

Charles Woodson
06-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Well damn,i mean you act as if our O is shit, and besides, what else do you want us to do?

I dont know what draft you were watching, but in case you didnt notice, 7 out of our 9 draft picks were offensive players, including 2 QB's.

gbgary
06-19-2008, 11:07 PM

Well damn,i mean you act as if our O is shit...

to be fair...i don't think we know what our O is gonna be like this year. if Rodgers can't perform they'll stack the line to stop Grant and that'll be it. the whole thing rides on Rodgers. if he can keep the D honest then we might have a pretty good year.

MJZiggy
06-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Yes, Gary, but there are some who figure that if we don't know what our O is gonna be like, it must be shit. While I'm not a big fan of the lack of creativity on defense (except for the fact that we still seem to win games with it), Offensively, we've occasionally thrown some very creative wrinkles at the opposition.