PDA

View Full Version : WR placed on waivers

Brando19
06-21-2008, 04:00 PM
The Green Bay Packers Thursday placed wide receiver Rod Harper on waivers, according to a Scout.com source with access to the league transaction wire.
Harper was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Murray State this offseason. By releasing Harper, who participated in the team's minicamp this week, the Packers reduced their roster to 87 players of which 77 are under contract. Running back Ryan Grant, along with Green Bay's nine draft picks, are unsigned.

The NFL allows its teams a limit of 80 players under contract.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/763905.html

RashanGary
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
He has some interesting qualities. He's big and fast. He seems to have skills. There was a article on js where Jimmy Robinson said he needed some polish and the light could come on. He seems like practice squad material but right now does the 80 man include the practice squad or do they have a separate 8 spots that they could slide him on?

Joemailman
06-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't believe there is a practice squad until final cuts are made. Can anyone verify this?

RashanGary
06-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't believe there is a practice squad until final cuts are made. Can anyone verify this?

Good question. I was wondering teh same thing.

MJZiggy
06-21-2008, 09:49 PM
No there isn't, but when you're a camp body that doesn't make it out of June, it's not looking too good there...

the_idle_threat
06-23-2008, 04:02 AM
CORRECTION:
We previously reported that the Packers placed wide receiver Rod Harper on waivers. In fact, the receiver's name was Rod WHO?per. We apologize for any confusion.

CaliforniaCheez
06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Only 34 more to go.

Cutting to 65 is easy. The last 5 cuts are rather difficult.

Lurker64
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm honestly surprised Taj Smith is still on the roster, from everything I've heard about him from "open to the public" team activities, he dropped practically everything thrown at him.

I wonder who's next.

Charles Woodson
06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
CORRECTION:
We previously reported that the Packers placed wide receiver Rod Harper on waivers. In fact, the receiver's name was Rod WHO?per. We apologize for any confusion.

OHHHHH thanks fro the clarification, now i know who he iss :idea:

Fritz
06-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Rod Harper? Didn't he play guard for the Bulls back in the day?

Was this a comeback in a different sport?

Carolina_Packer
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Rod Harper? Didn't he play guard for the Bulls back in the day?

Was this a comeback in a different sport?

I think you are thinking of Ron Harper:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ron_harper/bio.html