BallHawk
06-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Thought I could beat you.

Got 76.7%

Congrats to you

Eh, I have the advantage of having learned this stuff fairly recently. :D

Tarlam!
06-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I got to question 32 before I said, fuck it.

bobblehead
06-22-2008, 12:39 PM
This can't be right, I believed Hoosier on this one:

55) Over the past forty years, real income among American households has:
A. remained the same when averaged over all households.
B. involved the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
C. involved the poor getting richer and the rich getting poorer.
D. decreased for the middle class and increased for the upper class.
E. increased for the lower and middle classes and increased most for the upper class

It just has to be B, It has to be, it can not possibly be E, I don't believe it. This entire test is flawed.

Freak Out
06-22-2008, 01:02 PM

E. increased for the lower and middle classes and increased most for the upper class

It just has to be B, It has to be, it can not possibly be E, I don't believe it. This entire test is flawed.

Its just another flawed America hating liberal scum attempt to depress and frustrate you.

texaspackerbacker
06-22-2008, 02:10 PM

E is dead obvious. Anybody who has been around 40 years KNOWS everybody on all levels has a helluva lot more of everything good than back then.

The fact that even a few people would think otherwise is a tribute to the sick left-saturated media trying to disparage America and everything American.

A Fun Test! I got 91.7%, missing #19, 21, 27, 31, 60.

the_idle_threat
06-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I missed 10 out of 60, scoring an 83.33%. Missed a couple I shouldn't have (like the first one---I thought it was early 1600s but second-guessed it might have been very late 1500s), but I guessed right on some others, so the score is about right for me. Missed Plato, Edmund Burke, Toqueville. Never had a class that covered political philosophy/thought, so I was weak in that area particularly. Got a couple right, though, with edumacated guesses.

Excellent quiz to take; learned some things.

mraynrand
06-23-2008, 10:12 AM
52 out of 60 for 93%. Hey, it's a civics test, not a math test!

mraynrand
06-23-2008, 10:34 AM
52 out of 60 for 93%. Hey, it's a civics test, not a math test!

OK, that was a lame joke. I got 56 right. I got the following wrong:

Question #10 - E. slavery and its expansion.
Question #13 - B. the nature and control of Reconstruction.
Question #19 - C. philosopher kings.
Question #53 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it.

19 screwed me up because I thought B AND C were correct. Damn Plato!

19) In The Republic, Plato points to the desirability of:
A. tyranny.
B. democracy.
C. philosopher kings.
D. commercial republics.
E. world government.

And what about 53?
53) National defense is considered a public good because:
A. a majority of citizens value it.
B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it.
C. military contracts increase employment opportunities.
D. a majority of citizens support the military during war.
E. airport security personnel are members of the Federal civil service.

I answered A. It should be A (A is A). Something is a public good, because you can benefit without paying for it! Probably answered the way I did because John Galt was kicking me in the head over that one!

That was fun.

Patler
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I got an A in Civics decades and decades ago. At this point taking this test would not be a Civics check as much as an Alzheimers evaluation! :lol:

mraynrand
06-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I got an A in Civics decades and decades ago. At this point taking this test would not be a Civics check as much as an Alzheimers evaluation! :lol:

LOL. You can get screened for the plaque proteins. Just drop your drawers and say Ahhh!

K-town
06-23-2008, 10:49 AM
48 out of 60 = 80%

Harlan Huckleby
06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

Post your score. 80% for me.

I got to the line that said there will be 60 questions and fled.

I project myself to have scored 96%, i got civics coming out of my ass.

Is this like the Wonderlic test for posters? Maybe you should have a minimum score to post on "issues"

BallHawk
06-23-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

Post your score. 80% for me.

I project to have scored 96%, i got civics coming out of my ass.

Is this like the Wonderlic test for posters? Maybe you should have a minimum score to post on "issues"

Set it at 71% considering that's the average according to the site.

Every poster in any political thread must take it. Kiwon, Tex, Tyrone, you, etc.

Harlan Huckleby
06-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Set it at 71% considering that's the average according to the site.

Average!? Me - average!!!??? What a ridiculous thought. I could ace that test if I wanted to, I just don't feel like it.

Patler
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM

That's as far as I got, too.

digitaldean
06-23-2008, 09:02 PM
I got an straight A's in Civics but ended up with a 75% score. :cry:

Obviously, I've got some brushing up to do.

Joemailman
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I haven't had a civics class since 8th grade. Somehow, I don't remember the questions having anything to do with Plato. 81.7 for me.

digitaldean
06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I haven't had a civics class since 8th grade. Somehow, I don't remember the questions having anything to do with Plato. 81.7 for me.

Yes, I got the Plato questions wrong also.

I don't remember some of the topics being even hinted at in my high school civics class.

PackFan#1
06-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I got 100%. I am smart. Last time I checked, I have an IQ of 200. No doubt, I am a genius.

bobblehead
06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
I got a whopping 76.66% but I didn't know the answer to 18 total questions....only one in the last 20 I didn't know.

Guess I still will be allowed to post, but honestly that "quiz" was pointless.

retailguy
06-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I got 100%. I am smart. Last time I checked, I have an IQ of 200. No doubt, I am a genius.

Either that, or a liar. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Never been a big fan of civics. I prefer accords.

MJZiggy
06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I wanted one, then drove the Acura and that was the end of the discussion.

GoPackGo
06-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Nice, do you drive a TL by chance?

MJZiggy
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
RSX. I like 'em little.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM

You are comparing a honda to a luxury car...and you liked the luxury car more? Shocking!

In other MJ news.

1. Prefers diamonds to cubic zirconiums.
2. Prefers good wine to that outta box.
3. Enjoys fresh fish over a filet o fish.

MJZiggy
06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
You've obviously never ridden in this thing...and FYI, the Acura IS a Honda...

And I don't know...that filet-o-fish is pretty good!

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
You've obviously never ridden in this thing...and FYI, the Acura IS a Honda...

And I don't know...that filet-o-fish is pretty good!

Ridden: I don't get it. I would think that the Acura is better.

Acura isn't honda..yes, it a brand manufactured by them, but it is their luxury brand.

Toyota..Lexus.
Nissan...Infiniti.

You don't expect the same car from GM when you buy a chevy as compared to a Caddy do you?

That is like saying Chaps is the same thing as Polo, or Ralph Lauren Purple label.

MJZiggy
06-24-2008, 07:07 PM
To use your own analogy, this thing is the Old Spice of luxury cars. But I love it.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
To use your own analogy, this thing is the Old Spice of luxury cars. But I love it.

I hear ya. I have an IS300..which is basically a nicer camry...made in japan.

Or as i like to say, just your basic sweet 16 gift in scottsdale. :roll:

bobblehead
06-24-2008, 11:23 PM

Hmm...I drive a piece of shit grand am, but my wife gets the Pilot. I promised her when the first really sweet electric SUV hits the market she can get one.....come on cheap oil.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2008, 04:54 PM

Hmm...I drive a piece of shit grand am, but my wife gets the Pilot. I promised her when the first really sweet electric SUV hits the market she can get one.....come on cheap oil.

I got a sweet deal on it. Went to the auction in Orlando...one of the bigger ones in the country.

3 years old, 21k on it, 19K for it...couldn't pass on that. That included the 500 hundy i paid the broker.

MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 06:21 PM
When I got mine it was 3 yrs, 39K $15K. And you thought wrong. This is the Acura that people who can't afford to drive an Acura buy. If you're expecting amenities, you have to get the upgraded version. I have no need or desire for leather seats or automatic transmission, gps or any of the other garbage. If I put it in gear and it goes, and I hit the brakes and it stops, then it does what I want. Oh, and it doesn't squish if someone hits it.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2008, 08:30 PM
When I got mine it was 3 yrs, 39K $15K. And you thought wrong. This is the Acura that people who can't afford to drive an Acura buy. If you're expecting amenities, you have to get the upgraded version. I have no need or desire for leather seats or automatic transmission, gps or any of the other garbage. If I put it in gear and it goes, and I hit the brakes and it stops, then it does what I want. Oh, and it doesn't squish if someone hits it.

I'm very familiar with the acura lines..as my pops been driving them since he moved on my the legend. Regardless, Acura is still better than honda...amenities or not.

like you said...once you drove it..you were sold. It is a better class of car. A 3 series bmw is still a beemer, a c class mercedes is still mercedes.

I also bought mine with 3 years on it....i say let the other sucka absorb the depreciation.

MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 08:40 PM
But I bought it because it fit me better not because it was better or worse. And I just rode in a friend's beemer last weekend and I like my baby better. Same with the Mercedes (though to be fair, I've only ridden in the SUV and my host apologized profusely for putting me in the thing)

Tyrone Bigguns
06-25-2008, 09:17 PM
But I bought it because it fit me better not because it was better or worse. And I just rode in a friend's beemer last weekend and I like my baby better. Same with the Mercedes (though to be fair, I've only ridden in the SUV and my host apologized profusely for putting me in the thing)

What? the rsx is a size two? :wink:

What exactly fit you better?

MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 09:36 PM
If you must know, since I am not the tallest, the seat is lower and a bit more shallow so that when I sit in the driver's seat, the edge of the seat doesn't press into my calves which becomes uncomfortable on long journeys. It also moves forward far enough so that I don't have to reach with my toes to use the clutch. The seats are also situated so that I have a good view out the windshield and I can see the back edge of the car which is useful for parallel parking every day. The temp controls are high up on the dash so that I don't have to look away from the road to adjust the heat/ac. The only thing the Civic had over the RSX is that I could lay my arm down on the door handle and my fingers would land on the window switches. In the RSX, I have to move my hand back some to adjust the windows. Big deal.