PDA

View Full Version : Graduate school a "waste"

bobblehead
06-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Several republicans in congress today came out with a bill to eliminate all graduate schools in america saying there is no point in paying for an education that has no benefit for eight years.

John Smith (R) said "I just don't see the point in PAYING for an education that has no benefit right now. These kids will not see one paycheck for 8 years if they go to graduate school."

Ok, now insert drillin in anwar for education and democrat for republican.

Freak Out
06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
How much do you think the increase in Saudi production will bring the price of crude down?

Partial
06-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Whoever said that is a retard. A dumb fucking retard who I am perplexed as to how they landed a position of power.

Harlan Huckleby
06-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, now insert drillin in anwar for education and democrat for republican.

if you only consider the benefits of drilling in Anwar, yes, of course we should move ahead with it, even if the payoff is delayed.

You've stated that you believe drilling in Anwar has little or no environmental cost. If someone buys this premise, then your simple arguments make sense.

falco
06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
what a powerful analogy...

Harlan Huckleby
06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Whoever said that is a retard. A dumb fucking retard who I am perplexed as to how they landed a position of power.

Well, mostly cause dipshits like yourself vote for them.

BTW, how many smart retards are there?

PackFan#1
06-22-2008, 07:32 PM
To quote the nameless narrator in Fight Club (some words are altered):

Take the number of available jobs in the market, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average cost of grad school, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is more than your salary after graduation, then grad school may not be a wise investment.

the_idle_threat
06-22-2008, 10:47 PM
To quote the nameless narrator in Fight Club (some words are altered):

Take the number of available jobs in the market, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average cost of grad school, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is more than your salary after graduation, then grad school may not be a wise investment.

You forgot to divide by Avogadro's number.

the_idle_threat
06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
The title of this thread made me think about all the people I've worked with that have a masters degree (particularly MBAs) and are doing the same work alongside people who have a BA or BS, or even the same work as people who have no degree plus "relevant experience."

Grad degrees actually can be a huge waste if the person gets the degree and then fails to really use it. This happens more often then one might think.

LL2
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Years ago right after I got my BA I thought about going to to get my Masters degree. Glad I never did, it would've been a waste of money. What I do for a living has nothing to do with what I got a degree in. I'm glad I at least got my degree, because it has helped me get a few jobs. Now that I'm my own boss it doesn't really matter.

bobblehead
06-22-2008, 10:59 PM

Sorry to confuse you, I made all that shit up. But dumbasses landing power...see maxine waters, and i'm sure some of the libs on this site can point out a republican not far behind.

bobblehead
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
How much do you think the increase in Saudi production will bring the price of crude down?

Depends, I think if they increased it 1.5 million barrels a day AT PRESENT it would make a big difference since that is the world shortage. That number could change fast though.

Also, I have heard from people I respect that "insider speculation" in england is a lot to blame as they are working in an unregulated environment...I'm not fully informed on this and I'm working on getting educated. Even if It is true, it would only take a very small surplus to punish them big time, so OPEC increasing production could have an even bigger impact than the X's and O's we see say it should.