PDA

View Full Version : Your most hated Bear/Viking/Lion player ever??

Bossman641
06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Out of all the years you have been watchin Packer football, which player from each of these teams have you hated the most? And why?

I'll start. I'm not old enough to remember the 80's so all mine are from the 90's on

Bears
Tough one for me. The Bears have been so consistently bad that I never really hated any of their players. Guess I'll haveta go with their right tackle, James "Big Cat" Williams. Seems like he was always grabbing Reggie and trying to get away with some cheap shit. I'm starting to really dislike Urlacher, but I hate Bear fans more than the players.

Vikings
Randy Moss. He's an ass and to top it off he has burned the Packers more than I care to remember. So glad they decided to trade him.

Lions
Herman Moore. Is it just my imagination, or did he constantly torch the Pack. I think I'll forever have the image of the 6'4" Moore catching passes over the 5'10" Buckley scorched into my mind.

RashanGary
06-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Culpepper - Every time he does that Roll'em thing, I want to rip his head off.

Partial
06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Bears - Bryan Cox

Flipped us off.

Vikings - Chris Hovan

Prick.

Lions - Wayne Fontas(spelling? I was young then!)

I have my reasons.

Bretsky
06-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Partial,
How can ya dislike Wayne Fontes ? He was responsible for the Lions losing 2 games per year. Along with Rich Kotite he was amongst the worst of coaches I can ever remember.

VIKINGS

1. Randy Moss

1a. Corey Fuller (for all his trash talk and going inside Frankie Winters helmet to rake his eyes aka...all star wrestling

BEARS

No players come to mind so Mike Dikta takes the cake

RashanGary
06-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I don't know why, but Randy Moss never really bothered me. I hated Culpepper though.

Boy the Vikings are dumb for giving those two up.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Moss was fated to haunt the Pack when Ron Wolf pulled a Ted Thompson and drafted an inferior player over a future Hall of Famer (Holliday over Moss, much like Thompson's drafting of Rodgers over Mankins, Jennings over Chad Jackson, Hawk over Huff).

Much as I hate to see Moss single handly kill the Pack, he was my favorite Vikings.

Wasn't thompson around when Wolf drafted Holliday? Does not the Polar Bear learn anything? Motherfuck.

Bossman641
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't know why, but Randy Moss never really bothered me. I hated Culpepper though.

Boy the Vikings are dumb for giving those two up.

Moss was like 1 and Culpepper was like 1A for me. Everytime he threw a touchdown pass and started stompin around and doin his "get your roll on" celebration I wanted to scream. Ugh, just thinking of it makes me mad.

On the bright side, we'll never have to see it again.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Chicago - Steve McMichael and Dan Hampton (cocky assholes)

Minnesota - Joey Browner (dirty asshole)

Detroit - it's pretty hard to hate anybody on Detroit

GrnBay007
06-07-2006, 12:30 AM
MOSS MOSS MOSS MOSS MOSS :mad:

Didn't like him and that mooning thing put me over the edge. :mad:

mraynrand
06-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Vikings:

Every damn guy on the team, with special mention to Chris Carter and Corey Fuller. Randall always got under my skin. But most of all I hate that Go##amn #ucking turf and that #ucking horn. How many turf bounces went the Viking's way? You know, the fumbles that bounced up perfectly into the hands of the rushing linebacker - then they score a TD and up comes the blare from that stinkin' rotten horn. Metrodome=Hell Hole!!!

Bears: Kevin Butler, the place kicker. The man had no chin. How in the hell did his helmet stay on? He clicked on the chin strap, but what did it hold on to? I think his lower teeth were growing straight out of his collar bone.

MadtownPacker
06-07-2006, 01:39 AM
bears - lovey dovey smith
He straight up called out the Packers last season when he was hired. M3 has already said beating the bears in week 1 is what he is focusing on.

lions - hard to hate such a pathetic group.

vikings - culpepper
The "roll on" is all it took. He will never be what he was with moss. I hate moss but to say he wasnt great would be a lie.

Harlan Huckleby
06-07-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't like Mike Brown on the Bears just because he's been a damn pest over the years, getting turnovers.

My least favorite Viking is Darrin Sharper because he had a good season and made me look foolish for saying he was in over the hill.

Kiwon
06-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Bears - Fridge Perry (Embarassed the Pack on Monday Night by scoring a TD)

Vikings - Moss (Made a career of embarassing the Pack on Monday Night)

Lions - Barry Sanders (On the field only - his running style made games hard to watch > 2 yards, no gain, 8 yards, -1 yard, 5 yards, etc..)

mmmdk
06-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Most hated:

Bears - Mike Brown, those 2 lucky TDs in 2001 & Bears went 13-3.
Lions - Wayne Fontes.
Vikings - Easy! Daunte Culpepper, what a jerk.

Most admired:

Bears - Mike Singletary.
Lions - Barry Sanders.
Vikings - Warren Moon.

Fritz
06-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Back when I was a kid I absolutely detested Fran Tarkenton. Just when you thought Willie Davis was going to - finally - belt that MF, he'd wiggle out and scamper to the sidelines, JUST before anyone could touch him. It was maddening. I don't think I ever, ever saw anybody get a solid lick on the guy.

Bears? Jim McMahon, hands down. No one was ever cockier and less talented at the same time. I hated that sneer and all I wanted was for Charles Martin to body slam him BEFORE he got rid of the ball.

As for the Lions, well, they've been pretty weak for a long time. But to keep the QB theme going, I'll say Scott Mitchell, because he whined so much and I had to hear him do it on radio all the time.

Kiwon
06-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Fritz, you read my mind. I almost gave the same exact answers that you did.

BlueBrewer
06-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Cris Carter, he made me mad by looking at him. Those eyebrows made him look like he was whining even when he wasn't.

KYPack
06-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Bears McMahon. He gave Forrest Gregg the finger while he was running off the field. If he'd have been in the same room with the coach, Frosty would've pinched his head off.

Vikes I still haven't gotten over "the moon".

Lions A faceless bunch. Scott Mitchell thought he was headed for Canton after that good season he had. I also hate the fact they've been an indoor team for all these years.

LaFours
06-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Lions - Cory Schlesinger...it was always degrading to watch this guy get the ball on a 3rd and 6 and pick up the first down. Nor to mention the fact that he has consistently made mincemeat of our LBs.

Bears - Jim McMahon...I still can't stand this guy and he isn't even playing anymore.

Vikings - Randy Moss...the simple fact that Ron Wolf felt it necessary to draft DB's in the first three rounds of the draft after Randy came out solidified his position as my most hated Queen. Thank god he was traded.

BallHawk
06-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Bears- Urlacher. Him dating a ditz like Paris Hilton just made me hate him more.

Vikings- Five way tie- Culpeppper, Hovan, Moss, Longwell, and Sharper.
Culpepper was an arrogant d*ck, when they were playing well he would trash everyone, but when they played like sh*t(most of the time) he would hide in the corner and catch the "no comment bug." Hovan was just a beefed up jackass. Moss was a potsmoking, cop-running-over, Packermooning, Jackass. Longwell is a whining double-crosser, as is Sharper.

Lions- I really don't hate anybody on the Lions. They just suck so bad that I really don't hate anyone. I "dislike" Kevin Jones because he always goes 100+ on us.

havanother
06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Bears- Urlacher

Lions - Harrington - nobody that has played like him deserves to still be in the NFL.

Vikes - Hovan - pompous prick

GBRulz
06-07-2006, 08:29 AM
I have to say Chris Carter. Not only when he was on the field and whined about everything, but I detest him as a commentator just as much.

On the Bears, I have to say Paul Edinger because no kicker should have such a retarded stance.

Lions, nobody really, but didn't Champ Bailey pull a few cheap shots every now and then?

pbmax
06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I know I am going out on a limb here, but did anyone appreciate the Moss Moon?

I knew the stories about what the visitors bus (esp. Bears, Vikes, Bucs) would see and hear as they left the stadium, and so as soon as he did it, I chuckled as Moss got even with some.

Now I also know that not every one of the 70,000 in attendance hangs around to scream at the visitors bus and kids don't really need to see that. Moss obviously ignored the context, so I can understand the hard feelings.

Maybe if he had just stuck his fanny out of the bus on his way out, he'd had been better received. Of course, that also would have been more dangerous.

Noodle
06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Bears: Cripes, how do you limit it to one? I guess I hated McMahon the most, and it really hurt when the Pack picked him up. I'll never know why RW did that. But I agree with Harv that Steve McMichael and Dan Hampton were two of the biggest cocky pricks you'd ever find. I guess basically every SOB on the 1984-85 Bears roster.

Vikes: Yeah, Tark used to drive me nuts. But Moss was the guy I hated the most. One of the greatest days of my sporting life was when the Vikes got bounced in the NFC Championship game by the Falcons. No SB for Randy. That was sweet.

Lions: I remember Porcher just chewing us up in that friggin' dome of theirs. I guess I also hate Alex Karras, not so much for his playing days, but for staring in that stinkin' pile o' shite sitcom "Webster."

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Bears: i really hate Urlacher

lions: barry sanders b/c he run all over us for 10 years.

vikings: i hate moss, carter, Culpeppper, and even that randell cunningham guy from 98. cunningham thought he was so good going 15-1 when i reality he did nothing but throw the ball up 50 yards down field to moss and carter about 20 times a game.

bucs (old divison rival): will always hate sapp (dont need 2 explain), and mike alsott b/c he just kill us. But i do like how alsott scored like 3 touchdowns and got over a 100 yards on the vikings in 98 to ruin their perfect season.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Bears: Cripes, how do you limit it to one? I guess I hated McMahon the most, and it really hurt when the Pack picked him up. I'll never know why RW did that. But I agree with Harv that Steve McMichael and Dan Hampton were two of the biggest cocky pricks you'd ever find. I guess basically every SOB on the 1984-85 Bears roster.

I have a confession - I don't hate Walter Payton. It's not his fault he was drafted by the Bears, and I'm sure he'd have rather been a Packer.

But I hate everyone else on that stinkin team.

AtlPackFan
06-07-2006, 10:11 AM
[quote="Noodle"]
Vikes: Yeah, Tark used to drive me nuts. But Moss was the guy I hated the most. One of the greatest days of my sporting life was when the Vikes got bounced in the NFC Championship game by the Falcons. No SB for Randy. That was sweet. [quote]

Only time in my life I ever rooted for the Vikings. I hate the Falcons. Can you tell that from my Avatar? :wink:

AtlPackFan
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Bears: McMahon, Butkus, Perry...anyone from that 84 team A-holes. I admire Butkus in that he was a great player but he was still a Bear.

Vikings: Moss

Lions: Sanders. Again, a player I admire. Other than that, no one comes to mind...this is a tough one...they have been bad for so long.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
anybody hates Warren Sapp? The Packers and Bucs had a rivalry going on for awhile, until the NFL decided to invit the Texans and new Browns into the league.

Sapp's blindside hit on Clifton was devastating and cheap.

Patler
06-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Bears- I absolutely detested Dick Butkus. Not only did he play well against the Pack, but he literally tried to hurt people. I got tired of watching him grab and twist or bend runners and receivers at the most gruesome angles when the player was being held by his legs by someone else. It seemed intentional on Butkus' part. He never seemed to pass up an opportunity to try and maim someone. To top it off, his career overshadowed Ray Nitschke's, and I didn't like it!

Lions, kind of a toss up between Alex Karras and Herman Moore. Karras always seemed to have extra venom against GB. For a few years, GB couldn't seem to do anything to stop Herman Moore, of course most of the other teams couldn't either..

Vikings - I've just disliked the organization ever since it started. They were new, The Packers were the elite team in the '60s, yet Green Bay struggled from the beginnig against the Vikings. No one player stands out in my mind as more hated than another.

Noodle
06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
SC -- you know, I thought about excepting Payton out of my hate list, and I probably should have. He really was one of the greatest all around guys to play the game, on and off the field. But, you know what they say, when you lie down with dogs, you're gonna get some fleas.

AtlPackFan -- wow, you must have serious Falcon hate to have wanted to see the Queens go to the SB. But I don't get it. What've the Falcons ever did to anybody?

K-town
06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Bears:
Refridgerator Perry: Overrated and over-publicized
Jim McMahon: Punky QB? How 'bout, twerpy QB?
Dan Hampton: Anyone who calls himself "Danimal"...
Brian Urlacher: two reasons: a. Overrated b. PARIS HILTON
Alonzo Spellman: Giving crazed psychopaths a bad name
Lovie Smith: Annoying and smug. And hopefully, the second coming of Dick Jauron

Vikings:
Chris Hovan: For obvious reasons - mouth, hype, attitude
Keith Millard: Chris Hovan of the 1980s
Cris Carter: Slappy the Clown
Randy Moss: Can I have some driving lessons, please?
Jeff Siemon: In how many Superbowls - can you say "turnstyle"?
Jeff (?) Brady: I guess he didn't end Brett's career afterall

Lions:
Like others have pointed out, they've been down so long...
Alex Karras: Mean, sometimes dirty, and was on the show "Webster"
Mike Lucci: Remembered hating on him in the 1970s
William Gay: Speared Lynn Dickey in 198?
Scott Mitchell: Fainting Goat Boy

AtlPackFan
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
SC -- you know, I thought about excepting Payton out of my hate list, and I probably should have. He really was one of the greatest all around guys to play the game, on and off the field. But, you know what they say, when you lie down with dogs, you're gonna get some fleas.

AtlPackFan -- wow, you must have serious Falcon hate to have wanted to see the Queens go to the SB. But I don't get it. What've the Falcons ever did to anybody?

It's a personal thing with me. I have caught so much crap from the locals since moving down here about being from Wisconsin and my loyalty to the Wisconsin sports teams that I just can't bring myself to root for any of the Atlanta/Georgia teams no matter who they play.

mngolf19
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Bears-I gotta agree on Butler, of course anytime a kicker tries to act tough is basically retarded.

Lions-I can only list who seemed to hurt the Vikes most, Herman Moore. Ouch, but I still liked him as a player.

Packers-You know, Favre is what has hurt the Vikes most and made the rivalry for me most fun and painful.

BigDmoney
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
this is a great topic...sepecially because I'ma purple fan. I do however have some ahted Vikings:

Gary Anderson......biggest choke ever!
Daunte Culpepper- had one of the greatest seasons ever 2 years ago but was such a rockhead insecure player that he began to believe his hype. My 15 year old sister could read a defense better. Moss made Culpeppers job too easy. An packer fan saying they hate moss because he was a jerk and mooned the fans is lying. He torched the pack...that's why ballhawk hates him. Other than Joe Montan, I don't hink i have ever respected a player more than Favre....but man do i hate him for torching us so many times.

Willard
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
bears: Kevin Butler - intolerable combo of smugness and late game success at Lambeau!

vikes: Tarkington - tackle him! tackle him! tackle him! Nooooooooo!

Travbrew
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Vikings: 1. Culpepper. That damned roll on thingy with hia hands drives me to insanity. Come to think of it, I'll be in Miami on the field for their opener on Sep 17th. For 50 bucks I'll kick him in the nuts. Any takers?
2. Carter - The master of the push-off. Great player that played the game in a cheap way and continually got away with it. Man I hate that guy.

Lions: Who cares, they've been bad for so long I almost feel sorry for them. Not really though.

Bears: 1. Got to be Brown. The luckiest player in the hostory of the game.
2. Lovie - Someone else said it. Smug, smug, smug.

Tony Oday
06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Vikes---Carter, could you hog God anymore?? I mean 3 yard catch he points to the sky, gets a gatorade on the sidelines points to god, changes his shirt points to god. I mean CMON!!!!

Pepper- OVERRATED!

Moss- Just because he wasted his talent by being an ass. He would have been viewed in the same "class" as Rice, Largent and the Art Monks of the world but just wanted to be a spoiled brat.

Hovan- could a guy with less talent get More publicity??

Bears--The fridge C'mon body slamming Anthony Carter? Prick

Lions--Nobody, I have always felt like they are an expansion team. Just no names I can really remember a guy that made me mad from that team.

Packers-Hunt--get off your fat arse!

Woodside--you suck!

J walker-one year doesnt make a career young one

Chmura- WAIT UNTIL YOU RETIRE TO DO THAT STUFF!!!!!

NFL---EVERY PLAYER THAT CELEBRATES AFTER MAKING AN OK PLAY!!!!

OOh I tackled him 7 yards down the field but it was a big hit time to celebrate!!!! No you did your job you PUTZ!!!

KYPack
06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I saw Joey Harrington mentioned earlier as a Lion "most hated".

I'd actually rate Joey as a Lion "most loved".

Because I loved it every time I saw Joey line up under Center when we'd play the Lions. that meant we were gonna win.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-07-2006, 04:23 PM

Because I loved it every time I saw Joey line up under Center when we'd play the Lions. that meant we were gonna win.

Kentucky, you must be losing memory cells due to old age. The last time Harrington started against the Pack, he beat a virtually healthy Ted Thompson team. Remember week 1 of last year? Instead of Wahle and Mankins starting at guards, instead of Sharper at S, thompson went with Klemm and Whitticker and Little.

Harrington went out a winner against the Pack.

Tony Oday
06-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Tank how was your date last night with Sherman?

Guiness
06-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Bears - Got to go with Perry. Almost made being a fat slob cool. Spends his time these days being a guest at competitive eating competitions. More recent would have to be Mike Brown.

Vikings - Cunningham during that big season. Brad Johnson, the balsa wood QB, Cunningham with 'the roll'. Pretty much whoever's throwing the ball for them I guess. Gota say though, I loved Moon - no way you could dislike that guy.

Lions - are you kidding me? I LIKE Matt Millen, and hope he sticks around forever :twisted:
Actually, Charlie Batch. He had that one big game against us where he faked a hand off on the 1, and the whole defense bit, then he threw a little 3yd pass for a TD. I was livid!

I'll throw in a freebie with TB, cause they only recently left the division - leaned towards Gramatica, but have to go with Mike Alstott.

GrnBay007
06-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Bears-I gotta agree on Butler, of course anytime a kicker tries to act tough is basically retarded.

Lions-I can only list who seemed to hurt the Vikes most, Herman Moore. Ouch, but I still liked him as a player.

Packers-You know, Favre is what has hurt the Vikes most and made the rivalry for me most fun and painful.

You are a vikings fan??? :shock:

Scott Campbell
06-07-2006, 04:59 PM

It appears that there are more of them than originally thought. Though I think you can still count them on one hand.

:razz:

BigDmoney
06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
there are a couple of us vikings here. out here...but that's not to say that I don't hate a few vikings. I don't understand why so many people hate Hovan. He had one above average year and was terrible every other year. Most hated bear has to be the fluke captain Mike Brown. Most ahted Lion has to be johnny morton who celebrated like he won the superbowl after they beat the vikings for their only win one year (although that was exttremely embarassing).

KYPack
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Kentucky, you must be losing memory cells due to old age. The last time Harrington started against the Pack, he beat a virtually healthy Ted Thompson team. Remember week 1 of last year? Instead of Wahle and Mankins starting at guards, instead of Sharper at S, thompson went with Klemm and Whitticker and Little.

Harrington went out a winner against the Pack.

Baby Tanky

I should've known you'd respond. This is one of the five things you talk about, incessantly repeating yourself.

Harrington brought a smile to my face when I waw him charge out on the field for the Kittens. Did he win any other games against GB? I doubt it. I like how you were able to work an anti Thompson comment into this thread. Fix the broken record, will you ADB?

Green Bud Packer
06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Bears:Payton.When he pulled Mark Lee over the sideline benches and Lee was thrown out of the game but not Payton I've hated him since.He was not sweet he was a frickin bear Queens:Denny Green. He was the #1 punk Lions:William Gay.Greg Koch endeared himself to me when he pounded Gays ass and was thrown out of the game.

oregonpackfan
06-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Vikings--Ontarrio Smith. He had many off-the-field character issues both in the pros and when he played college here for the Oregon Ducks. When the Vikings drafted Smith, many Oregonians rolled their eyes with "Ontarrio Smith and Randy Moss on the same team? That's a disaster waiting to happen!"

Bears--Dick Butkus. Though he had some talent, he was one mean, dirty, SOB of a player.

Lions--Alex Karris. Though he played with great intensity, he was very cocky and opinionated off the field.

packerpete
06-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Bears: McMahon because he pissed me off as a Bear and as a Packer, remember that prick wearing his Bear jersey at the White House after the Packers SB victory? If he is in the street, Im starting the car. There are a lot more, but they do pale in comparison to this dungheap.

Vikings: Todd Stuessie because he was a dirty piece of crap. I hated that guy, he was always twisting on guys appendages in piles, ask Vonnie Holliday. Dishonorable mention: Moss, Carter, Fuller, Culpecker and that fat ugly bald slob in the queer ViQueen outfit on the sidelines.

Lions: I dont see how all these Packer fans can say that they dont hate any Lions, Dont you guys remember anything? How about the secondary constantly spearing our WR, including Beebe, Freeman and Brooks specifically. I always wondered how the Packer team didnt take out any of those pricks' knees in retaliation for the dirty crap those guys pulled. How about the assault on David Martin, he was literally punched in the jaw by the third man in, breaking it, when he was being held up while being tackled.
Nice Kittys, you punks deserve Matt Millen.

Old Time Guys...
Bears - Butkus - just plain dirty
Vikings - Tarkenton - smug and cocky, still today
Lions - Karras - cursed Lombardi triggering a big Packer comeback victory

mngolf19
06-08-2006, 03:24 PM

You won't hold that against me will you 007?

GrnBay007
06-08-2006, 11:31 PM

Have you ever considered converting? :razz:

chain_gang
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Bears-Jim McMahon,Cocky, arrogant QB. Wish he was never signed by Green Bay, just got a free ride to another SB. I've hated every player on the Bears, I hate the whole damn organization from top to bottom.

Vikings- Hard to say, never really bought into the rivalry, just a second rate, packer Bear wannabe rivalry. I guess Culpepper, just seemed like Green Bay could never stop the guy, and like others said that damn "roll" thing. I guess I liked seeing that though, when he'd do it and they'd end up losing game.

Lions-I don't know tough one, I guess I would say Herman Moore, He burned our DBs for the longest time.

mngolf19
06-09-2006, 12:41 PM

To what? :smile:

packerpete
06-09-2006, 04:10 PM

To what? :smile:

How about human for starters... :lol: